Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #26
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: * URGENT * Mind Parasites @ Avalon

There is something beautiful taking place. The spoken word is disappearing and we are communicating with feelings and energy. I am so glad we are touching. peace
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #27
Kukulcanessa
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynox View Post

Entire forums have been highjacked in this manner, and the resonant folks driven elsewhere, and I'd like to see this Avalon creation become a cyber safe haven for slices of the truth that integrate the truth, in peace.
Namaste!

Driven Elsewhere! how do you think i got here, and the fact that im a new member, should say something. I came from a forum, where inforamtion was discussed and some very religious folks joined, and all that happened was arguments, bashing of one anothers opinions, religious arguments, complete disrespect for someone else's point of view. they would argue that what they knew, was the ABSOLUTE TRUTH, which isnt realistic, since the prespective of those they were trying to argue with, was totally different than the perspective they had. It turned into racism, arguments, i couldnt take it, and i joined here, and found most of the people were much more positive(yay) at this site, and much more evolved than the other site.
Kukulcanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #28
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: * URGENT * Mind Parasites /'negative' threads

There seems to be a dichotomy when it comes to addressing 'negative' topics happening here. I think this is worthy of discussion. I'm not referring to expressing disrepect to anyone posting. IMO, showing everyone courtesy and respect is paramount in a successful community.

What I am referring to is the idea that you should not give 'negative thought forms' 'energy' by talking about them or even focussing on them. As if that will give them more life. As if not talking or thinking about them will rob them of life and they'll go away. I must respectfully disagree with this idea, which I believe comes from the whole "Matrix", "The Secret" and "Law of Attraction" concepts, which are certainly valid, but I feel might easily be getting misinterpreted or maybe over-simplified in how the laws play out in our current universe. Perhaps one day we will be so evolved that simply changing our thoughts changes reality instantly, but I think as a collective, this happens at varying speeds and doesn't relieve most of us from having to respond in many cases if not most, the old fashioned way: physically and in cooperation with each other.

But even being simplistic and going with the idea of putting awareness on anything makes it bigger, instantly: current cutting edge physicists are saying that consciousness or observation changes expected reality (Bruce Lipton has some great vids out there on this). It seems to me God set us up that way: things we love and enjoy we simply love and enjoy without much thought (and recently we've been admonish that gratitude for these things keep them increasing). Things we don't enjoy and that are injurious, we feel actual pain/distress from, so we pay puhlenty of attention to it. You cannot ignore that a fire will burn you and kill you. If you go on about your business and ignore it--it's not going to go away and you will get burned. You also cannot ignore when a member of your tribe goes insane and starts attacking you or your loved ones. So there are two solutions represented even here on this forum:

One seems to be: 'finding the insanity within oneself'' and healing it inside while ignoring the outer 'manifestation'. The Other seems to be, act as if everything is real and respond to it within your own life rules as best you can and see what happens, even knowing that all is an illusion.

While finding how you are like the insane person and 'fixing' that is certainly a worthwhile activity and will help you and others from becoming insane, how do you address that part of you 'out there' that has lost it before it does real/imaginary damage? I know full well how strongly illusions can affect people, having worked in several industries that utilizes illusion to the maximum. Even in the films about The Matrix, Neo actually physically fought though he knew all was a carefully staged illusion. He simultaneously sat in the special chair 'dreaming' the action--and participated in the action of his dream. And the film made the point that if you died in the dream, you died in the chair also. If it's 'out there', even though they are 'acting out' YOUR 'inner insanity', it deserves attention.

Maybe the thing is to try and conquer that outside insanity with the same compassion you would show yourself. Maybe that is the morality play we are acting in on our World Stage.

If you run across something that displeases you, then putting your awareness on what it is-what you would rather it be or not be--what you would like it to be MORE, is just the prescription.

Just my two-and-half cents/sense
sunnyrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #29
anthrovolution
Avalon Senior Member

What two subjects should never be brought up at the dinner table? Politics and Religion.
What two subject should never be brought up at work? Politics and Religion.
What two subject do we talk about a lot here? Politics and Religion.

A certain element of fear, anger, resentment, anxiety always accompany these subjects. It goes with the territory. This is rough terrain, with rocks, and thorns, and briers, and nasty stinging biting things.

As has been mentioned before, we arm ourselves, we dress ourselves in the protective clothing of Love, and we will make it through.

If you are faced with a fearful thing, whether real or imagined, whether of this realm or a demonic one, face it squarely, peacefully, and show it your Love. It is amazing how fast they disappear.
anthrovolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #30
Katherine
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all.....

Did no one read the Celestine Prophecies? These 'mind parasites' are nothing more than classic 'control dramas'. The fourth insite is about the ones who are trying to build themselves up by securing energy from other human beings. They do this by seeking to manipulate or dominate the others attention - then they feel a 'boost' from the others energy, making them stronger - and leaving that person weak. They win in gaining your energy by getting a 'reaction' from the participants of the forum. If/when you recognize this attempt...simply send them as much energy (love) as you 'feel' they need - remembering to stay focused and centered yourself. This will then help them and save you (your energy)

Keep in mind that it is not helpful to rebuke others for their limiting attitudes. Everyone evolves at their own pace. They are still on their path to enlightenment (as we all are).
......excerpts from Celestine Prophecy....
Be kind to each other - there are enough wars in the world

Love & Light
K
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:14 PM   #31
Theresa
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with you, Zynox. It's not a lot to ask that people RESPECTFULLY offer counter points of view. It's just about growing up.

If, however, someone isn't able, or willing to be "grown up", I can choose to let it go, not respond, and then not feed it energy, you know?

Fortunately, only a very few times so far on the forum I've noticed that. I feel that energy and immediately scroll on down. I would say to people, nothing can be gained by being hostile, or even patronizing, because it justs turns people off to hearing your point of view. On the other hand, my BIGGEST social pet peeve, I think, is political correctness. I don't think that's at ALL what you are suggesting we embrace, Zynox, just asking for CONSCIOUS posting of opinions and sharing. So, whatya all say? Let's play nice and be smart at the same time
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #32
Esteban
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceAm View Post
very intesrestins site! i think that kind of people are indeed very dangerous. but really...you are WAY far out if you are claiming that there's that kind of people in the forum. if there are people like that in the forum (wich i don't believe) they don't represent a real threat. what i've seen is nothing but healthy debate.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #33
SkyWatcher
Avalon Senior Member

Many of the subjects we touch on in this site are hot topics. With so much information available, opinions can change daily. Taking a step back from our feelings will allow us to cool off and sometimes come at something from a different angle.

We need to respect where the other person is coming from, after all, maybe, just yesterday we were walking in their shoes???

The beauty of this site, is that there are so many diverse opinions, with the goal(s) to help and support each other through whatever may come our way.
SkyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #34
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northboy View Post
You sense them showing up? It could be my fault, sorry, they don't like me getting out much....
Rolling on this, thank you, I love spiritual humor, and you, NB, have brought me a moment of bliss with the syntax slinging! Many days I find reminders not to take myself and my experiences so seriously!!!

Namaste!
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:51 AM   #35
Sunnely
Avalon Senior Member

I dont know what it is that has happened.
But I wouldnt be surprised if theres someone that is perhaps "following" certain individuals around on the net, that has been thrown out of other forums, cuz the person is sick, obsessive and acts out those needs online.

So, please bare that in mind, that some just are not getting the message, and has "trashed" forums before.

Not saying this is the case here, just a reminder about the sad reality "out there".
Sunnely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:59 AM   #36
empathy
Avalon Senior Member

Yes... I already have shown my true colors... I must try my best to respect everyone here, and no matter how different our realities may be. I will strive and find a balance. Thank you very much for jostling me.
empathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #37
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

agreed zynox, and being postive and respectful towards others doesnt mean censoring them "captain obvious" he's just saying be nice when you disagree.
ive already seen one guy get nasty on an econmic topic for zero reason ...typical "flame war" type of aggravated posting.

i think zynox is just saying disagree all ya want just be chill and nice.
not so tough methinks eh?
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #38
matrix
Avalon Senior Member

Conflict and disagreement are neutral, it is what we do with it that can be positive or negative.

I have also sensed a few "trouble makers", I then went to the track record of their posts - in one case more than 70% of posts were argumentative and/or insulting in energy/intent, with a few "I am sorry if I offended you" type posts in between, just to start the negativety again - I then simply resolve not to take any bait from that person. Refuse to dance their dance with them - it takes two to tango...

We have to accept that forums like these will also attract "the trolls" who are intent on creating dis-harmony - A message to them: THERE IS WAY TO MUCH LOVE AND LIGHT ON THIS FORUM FOR YOU TO SUCCEED!!

I feel blessed to be part of this Project Avalon Dynamics...
Namaste
matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #39
Steve_G

Sunnyrap wrote:

"What I am referring to is the idea that you should not give 'negative thought forms' 'energy' by talking about them or even focussing on them. As if that will give them more life. As if not talking or thinking about them will rob them of life and they'll go away. I must respectfully disagree with this idea, which I believe comes from the whole "Matrix", "The Secret" and "Law of Attraction" concepts, which are certainly valid, but I feel might easily be getting misinterpreted or maybe over-simplified in how the laws play out in our current universe."

I see what you're saying but I saw something like this happen on the Open Minds forum. Everything was fine, respectful etc until someone started a thread by making a groundless and negative statement about the people on the forum and the Project Camelot interviews. It was three sentences long.

Within 3 weeks there had been over 60 replies and over 2000 views. Meanwhile the original poster (IMO) just sat back and laughed.

It demonstrates just how big an impact baseless negativity can have. Instead of simply ignoring him (and I was guilty of this too) people got into a pointless debate about it and those 3 original sentences exploded into a huge, negative and pointless thread.

Energy flows where attention goes. I don't regret getting involved because it was an important lesson for me, but I wouldn't make the same mistake again.

If threads like this start appearing here I won't be getting involved.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #40
matrix
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunner View Post
Sunnyrap wrote:

Energy flows where attention goes. I don't regret getting involved because it was an important lesson for me, but I wouldn't make the same mistake again.

If threads like this start appearing here I won't be getting involved.
Agree fully! And the more of us do it, the less disruptive they will be...
matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #41
Captain Obvious
Avalon Senior Member

Hi clarkkent,
Yes, I think a flame war is a road not going anywhere. - Regarding censorship, in the story I posted, I made a point about it, and was censored. That is, one specific word. But as I wrote in another thread, the builders and the moderators should clean the house they've invited us into as they see fit.

Bottom line, I think this has turned out to be a good debate.

Last edited by Captain Obvious; 09-16-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Captain Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #42
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

The recent movie the Great Debaters impacted me deeply, in reminding me (in the last scene) that the path to another's heart is from one's own ... and that if the true intent in communication is to communicate, then it is the personal story and energy of one's self that genuinely influences others in 'productive' ways, certainly not acidic flames and fury ... fwiw ...

Namaste!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #43
elias
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: * URGENT * Mind Parasites @ Avalon

Great post Zynox

Somebody had to tell this, In my opinion any kind of criticism is unhealthy, and only love and respect is healthy, everything is possible, so we want the beautiful and hopeful possibilities.

Hopefully this forum will shoot off the positive side, and increase the vibration of the planet, from different points. Let's help eachother raise the vibration, and make the world a more peaceful place by using our consciousness.

NAMASTE
elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #44
21sept
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
There is something beautiful taking place. The spoken word is disappearing and we are communicating with feelings and energy. I am so glad we are touching. peace
Hello 777 TGW if I may be so bold as to call you a shortened version of your name. A gentle version of Nail and Head came to mind as I read your post, and you hit it perfectly ☆
21sept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #45
lock'N'load
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynox View Post
The recent movie the Great Debaters impacted me deeply, in reminding me (in the last scene) that the path to another's heart is from one's own ... and that if the true intent in communication is to communicate, then it is the personal story and energy of one's self that genuinely influences others in 'productive' ways, certainly not acidic flames and fury ... fwiw ...

Namaste!
There is a lot of wisdom to be gotten from your posts Zynox and in the short time ive been here ive already learned a thing or two from you.

I do admit i can be guilty of sometimes being to headstrong when it comes to certain issues, most often when someone is being rude first.
But then thats just rising to their bait isnt it, ive just adopted a 'take no s**t' attitudeover the years but ive come to realise now that all this ever does is bring trouble on myself and makes the situation worse.

To defeat negativity you must use positivity, the old say'n "fight fire with fire" just doesnt cut it.

Thank you for posting this.
lock'N'load is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #46
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

L-n-L,

I was also once very aggressive, which i attribute to being born Leo aligned, and that astrologically, my path has been partly about embracing the truth of the alignment and evolving through taking the Leo's energy of fire and learning to anneal with it, as opposed to destroy. Linda Goodman's work was instrumental in this process.

I have had a gun in my face and looked into the furious eyes of demons and organic portals, and found, myself reflected each time. The last genuine conflict I remember was having an upper echelon Police supervisor in my face threaten me with physical harm if I ever was critical of her again (this after a business meeting where I informed the entire project team I would depart the meeting and get down to useful business if the digressions in the meeting weren't realigned). In that moment, I was more calm, and in duality, more fluxed, than anytime in my life. I gently expressed "message received, is there anything else?" and as she diffused, confused, and swept away, I knew my entire life had changed ...

Namaste!

Last edited by Zynox; 09-16-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #47
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

I totally agree!
You don't grow many flowers by threatning them with draught, nor by giving them acid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias View Post
Great post Zynox

Somebody had to tell this, In my opinion any kind of criticism is unhealthy, and only love and respect is healthy, everything is possible, so we want the beautiful and hopeful possibilities.

Hopefully this forum will shoot off the positive side, and increase the vibration of the planet, from different points. Let's help eachother raise the vibration, and make the world a more peaceful place by using our consciousness.

NAMASTE
I_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #48
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

I've noticed the same and it was natural and expected. We are so very strong it boggles the mind...some come to feed, some come to diminish by causing self doubt or by using ridicule...

Hold on to your higher truth.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #49
21sept
Avalon Senior Member

Yes BUUUUURT, are we making a community here ??!?

thought so !

We are neighbours and I am enjoying all the conversation over a cup of coffee ain't life just great.

It is a pleasure to be in the same space as all of you, thank you.
21sept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #50
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member

I see what you're saying but I saw something like this happen on the Open Minds forum. Everything was fine, respectful etc. until someone started a thread by making a groundless and negative statement about the people on the forum and the Project Camelot interviews. It was three sentences long.

Within 3 weeks there had been over 60 replies and over 2000 views. Meanwhile the original poster (IMO) just sat back and laughed.

I have to agree with the above statements. I have been on several forums that started accomplishing something positive and one by one the negative innuendos, stalking, and just page after page of nonsense threads were created. Some by newbies, others by people who got angry over another post, etc. What I observed happening was too many people focused on the person(s) and little by little the productive work was deteriorating. It eventually turned into nothing more than a chat room.

I do believe in a healthy dialogue\debate if it is needed because that is how we dissect our information and come to some sort of validity. I do hope that we all agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion's having said that IMO it is all up for debate from someone's point of view. I try to remember that and be courteous as I can if it goes somewhere I don't want to be, end of discussion. We cannot be provoked unless we allow it.
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote