Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
indigoblue
Avalon Senior Member

Default People skills list.

This thread is for people wishing to list their skills so that established groups may contact them possibly to join them in helping to build their community.

Here is my skills list:

Heavy equipment operator/landscaper/pipelayer/septic systems etc/cementwork/mechanicaly inclined.

Alternate building experience..yurts/cob/strawbale/cordwood construction + many other idea's.

experienced organic gardener/greenhouse building/composting etc.

Jack of alltrades in construction/building+have most tools needed for lumber constuction & other.

alternate energy exp/interests, solar/windpower/ magnetic(Tesla/Leedskalnin)/geothermal/hydrothermal(water).

Interests in alternate healing/herbology/shamanism/indiginous ways/natural spirituality/philosophy/ancient archaeology/astronomy/astrology/and much more.

Personality:very easy going, easy to get along with,in good health, considerate and would love to join a sustainable living group of like minded souls....also artistic/musician.

Hopefully similar threads will be started for other geographical areas/countries also.

Please feel free to post,PM or email.

Have a wonderful day

indigoblue.
indigoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
Northboy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: People skills list.

Economic development practionner
banking and finance
financial analyst
glazier and art glass
rough carpenter
mechanical skills
small farm skills
small business experience
crew superviser
Northboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #3
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Well I'm short and not the strongest. But I can do small amounts of labor. I could help with Gardening.

I know a Kung fu Form. Physical Excercise is important to anyone Surviving in the Wilderness. I would be happy to teach the form so that people stay in shape in whatever community I join.

I also play guitar And keyboard. I can Read music. Although it is not a survival Skill Anything positive i can bring I will try with music!

I'm also not shy About Public speaking. If a community would need someone to read aloud Communitiy announcements I would be Obliged to do that as well.
ranma187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
awakendreaming

Hi!

Here's my list. I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but this is a good start on the majors.

- Dance Teacher, all ages, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Lyrical, Creative Movement, Beginner Belly Dance
- Extremely good with children, worked and studied for ECE, did not complete because of the regulations and structure of the program. Would LOVE to teach small groups of mixed age children an alternative to regular school. Engaging all senses, in creative, non structured environments. Focused on creativity, respect, love, joy, stewardship, and practical learning. I have a daughter who is two, I have been planning on homeschooling her, and would rather her be in a small group.
- Small business experience (owned and operated three
- Cooking Whole Foods En Mass (had a catering company for a while, still do it on the side)
- Canning & Preserving
- Very experienced Web designer, will do it if need be, but I prefer working with people rather than computers.
- Was a Project Manager/Client Executive, and a liaison between client and programmer.
- Very good communication and clarity skills.
- Musician, play the bass guitar, and drum
- Lived without electricity for 2 years, and ever summer for 8 consecutive summers as a child. No stranger to hard work living off the grid.
- Lived on and off boats all my life. Of various size and type. I've got some mad knot tying skillz.
- Beading, seed beading mostly, fine patterns.
- Sewing, quilting, crocheting, knitting (poorly)
- Quick learner and not afraid of hard work.
- Imaginative!

Also, I'm very interested in herbology and practical nutrition, so if anyone want's to trade skills, I'm more than willing to share what I have, and in turn be a dedicated student.

I'd ideally like to go someplace like Canmore maybe. Or South America. Actually I'm open to anything, my intuition will let me know what's up.

- Sarah
Old 09-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

This list is a great idea.
Hubby and I do not have a long list of unique skills. Hubby is an engineer type and quite meticulous, plus he has some incredible abilities in the field of remote healing. My job is to keep him going, lol.

I guess we'll just have to roll up our sleeves and work in the fields, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakendreaming View Post
Hi!

Here's my list. I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but this is a good start on the majors.

- Dance Teacher, all ages, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Lyrical, Creative Movement, Beginner Belly Dance
- Extremely good with children, worked and studied for ECE, did not complete because of the regulations and structure of the program. Would LOVE to teach small groups of mixed age children an alternative to regular school. Engaging all senses, in creative, non structured environments. Focused on creativity, respect, love, joy, stewardship, and practical learning. I have a daughter who is two, I have been planning on homeschooling her, and would rather her be in a small group.
- Small business experience (owned and operated three
- Cooking Whole Foods En Mass (had a catering company for a while, still do it on the side)
- Canning & Preserving
- Very experienced Web designer, will do it if need be, but I prefer working with people rather than computers.
- Was a Project Manager/Client Executive, and a liaison between client and programmer.
- Very good communication and clarity skills.
- Musician, play the bass guitar, and drum
- Lived without electricity for 2 years, and ever summer for 8 consecutive summers as a child. No stranger to hard work living off the grid.
- Lived on and off boats all my life. Of various size and type. I've got some mad knot tying skillz.
- Beading, seed beading mostly, fine patterns.
- Sewing, quilting, crocheting, knitting (poorly)
- Quick learner and not afraid of hard work.
- Imaginative!

Also, I'm very interested in herbology and practical nutrition, so if anyone want's to trade skills, I'm more than willing to share what I have, and in turn be a dedicated student.

I'd ideally like to go someplace like Canmore maybe. Or South America. Actually I'm open to anything, my intuition will let me know what's up.

- Sarah
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #6
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Hi everyone.

Electronic-Electricity-Energy production and transport.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 AM   #7
sylph16
Avalon Senior Member

Call me weird....and yes, i give you permission...but i dont feel comfy publicly making a list of my skills and believe me, i am a master at nothing...i just don't know who is lurking on this forum as its free and very public...i may do so privately though...and i mean no disrespect to Indigoblue
sylph16 is offline   Reply With Quote