Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
vega
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Is this the beginning?

These gas shortages may not seem alarming at first but this is the perfect trap. Watch how this develops as we approach the first 10 days of october.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/09/26...dup/index.html
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
sfth13
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is this the beginning?

There was one gas station I stopped at about 2 weeks ago here in Brevard County FL that had at every pump a hand written sign that asked you not to buy more than 10 gallons of gas because of a fuel shortage in the southeast. That was the ONLY station I saw or heard about doing this.
sfth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
Christoker85

I'm not sure how its all going to pan out but, its almost impossible to get gas here in Chattanooga. I hear its especially bad in Atlanta and Nashville. I'm sure it will get better for a little while but at the same time its a glimps of the future. If it happend once it'll surely happen again, an next time it could very well be worst an not go back to "normal".
Old 09-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by King Lear; 09-27-2008 at 04:26 PM.
King Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Same thing here about 40 miles north of Atlanta!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
sfth13
Avalon Senior Member

sfth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

I saw this electric bicycle online awhile back. It look great but wouldn't do so well in the rain or snow I guess.

It appears that this is the time to keep the tank full and have extra at home. However, I've thought a lot about this living way out here in the middle of the ocean. If supplies stop, so do we. How can one go to work, buy grocheries or even get to the post office to pay bills? It's not going to happen. And all of our electricity is from oil products here.

I guess this is what Miriam was trying to tell us. If we have our own garden we at least get to eat.

Just a tip... buying seeds in bulk (for example alfalfa seeds) and making sprouts is also a way to create a food source. Keeping rice and oatmeal in bulk on hand is another.

Believe it or not, some folks would like to get off the treadmill and stay home. As difficult as it may seem this situation may also be a blessing.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfth13 View Post
There was one gas station I stopped at about 2 weeks ago here in Brevard County FL that had at every pump a hand written sign that asked you not to buy more than 10 gallons of gas because of a fuel shortage in the southeast. That was the ONLY station I saw or heard about doing this.
We had a couple of stations here that do that also, beside that I didn't have the money for that amount of gas, I did notice that the credit card holder that gassed up before me, managed to gas up for $90 ...

I guess he circumvented going inside and telling the clerk that his money and his way of payment, released him from thinking about others.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
colesmommy1117
Avalon Senior Member

...it's getting more and more difficult to locate a gas station anywhere in nashville and surrounding counties....when you do locate one, they've gouged the price up, but people still pay because it's a necessity...
colesmommy1117 is offline   Reply With Quote