Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #26
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Watch Simon Cowell go "Speechless!"

ABC Interview with Susan Boyle up on Yahoo today.

Singer Reacts to Web Fame

Video: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...p/?cl=13005654

I don't know how many times I watched her sing? Tears came to my eyes every time.

Last edited by peaceandlove; 04-19-2009 at 06:51 AM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #27
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

She has another song from 10 years ago..........
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/vid...ear-old-cover/
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #28
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Simon Cowell was right, she is a 'Little Tiger'. "Cry Me A River"...breathless!

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-21-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #29
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Is Susan Boyle a weapon of Mass Distraction?......

Is Susan Boyle a Weapon of Mass Distraction?......
(I don't know if Gerald Celente came up with this title or not?)

Susan Boyle and Piers interviewed on Larry King Live.

Video (10:30):

Susan Boyle sings 'My Heart Will Go On' from Titanic Larry King Live

Video (1:38):

In this video someone mixes her voice with the music.

Video (1:00):

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-28-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:06 AM   #30
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

20 Apr 09: Telegraph TV has obtained an exclusive early recording by Susan Boyle singing Killing me Softly (30 seconds 1971) and Cry me a River, made by friends and family.

Video (1:00): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LDWO...layer_embedded

Looks like Susan has a bit of competition, a new singer auditions:

Britain's Got Talent - Shaheen Jafargholi

Video (6:05): http://britainsgottalent.net/video/I...Talent-Shaheen
Old 04-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #31
sun-toon´
Avalon Senior Member

Not to be "negative", but is anyone paying attention to how manipulative this is? I mean, it's not just a little bit manipulative, it's brilliantly manipulative.

I'm assuming that the judges are not told about the performers ahead of time, but the production staff was certainly aware of Susan Boyle and her age, appearance and mannerisms vs her abilities as a vocalist. They played up the dowdy spinster bit, had her dressed like she was going to church in 1965 and gave her a powerful song of hope to sing. They remixed the video with the goofy backstage guys, the sneering audience members who were apparently so transformed by the talented singer in the frumpy body, the cynicism of Simon turned on its heels, and then they painted in the other gushing judges.

None of that was spontaneous, but it looked as though it was and it worked like a charm. It worked on me, and it worked on everyone I know who's seen it, no matter how cynical they are...and it was just as effective the 2nd time through, even though we knew it was coming.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great for Susan Boyle...more power to her, but on another level this is a way of hijacking the transmutational energy that people are feeling. Everywhere people have elevated energy, they're in emotional flux, and with this kind of media presentation that energy is pulled from us and redirected into the corporate machine. Just one of the You Tube clips of that performance has had over 36 million hits in less than a week. All of this translates into a river of cash for the show's investors.

Those sneering people in the audience who loved her would have torn her to pieces if she had sucked. They didn't, and still don't care about her, and neither do the producers of the show. Of course it's better than playing up some tragedy, but is this kind of emotional trickery for profit really that much different?

If we're going to ride the shift we need to become aware of the alchemy that's sewn into every line of the matrix and of all the forces which are in play.

Last edited by sun-toon´; 04-21-2009 at 06:50 PM.
sun-toon´ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #32
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun-toon´ View Post
Not to be "negative", but is anyone paying attention to how manipulative this is? I mean, it's not just a little bit manipulative, it's brilliantly manipulative.

I'm assuming that the judges are not told about the performers ahead of time, but the production staff was certainly aware of Susan Boyle and her age, appearance and mannerisms vs her abilities as a vocalist. They played up the dowdy spinster bit, had her dressed like she was going to church in 1965 and gave her a powerful song of hope to sing. They remixed the video with the goofy backstage guys, the sneering audience members who were apparently so transformed by the talented singer in the frumpy body, the cynicism of Simon turned on its heels, and then they painted in the other gushing judges.

None of that was spontaneous, but it looked as though it was and it worked like a charm. It worked on me, and it worked on everyone I know who's seen it, no matter how cynical they are...and it was just as effective the 2nd time through, even though we knew it was coming.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great for Susan Boyle...more power to her, but on another level this is a way of hijacking the transmutational energy that people are feeling. Everywhere people have elevated energy, they're in emotional flux, and with this kind of media presentation that energy is pulled from us and redirected into the corporate machine. Just one of the You Tube clips of that performance has had over 36 million hits in less than a week. All of this translates into a river of cash for the show's investors.

Those sneering people in the audience who loved her would have torn her to pieces if she had sucked. They didn't, and still don't care about her, and neither do the producers of the show. Of course it's better than playing up some tragedy, but is this kind of emotional trickery for profit really that much different?

If we're going to ride the shift we need to become aware of the alchemy that's sewn into every line of the matrix and of all the forces which are in play.
She choose that particular song herself, because it was meaningful to her. It was her dream for herself.

I also believe Simon & the panel knew exactly who was going to be on stage and what their talent was. The whole thing is staged.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #33
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi sun-toon,

You're almost exactly right. These 'talent' shows are actually reality shows that show what goes on with the competitors in a talent contest.

It's the same as Pop Idol (American Idol, Ídolos etc.).

Of course there is a lot of what we don't see of what is going on and there is a pre-screening of the participants, however, I'm not too sure if the judges are privvy to that information before the acts perform before them - that which we see on the TV - although I must admit that Cowell seemed to give the little guy a lot of encouragement even allowing him to change his song, as if he knew something.

It's natural that in the editing room a lot of mood making effects are done, for example, cutting to the audience (I'm sure I saw the same woman cry in both episodes of the program that are in discussion here).

Also when the young chap was leaving the stage a song from High School Musical was playing as background music. I don't know if that was for the audience in the auditorium, or if it was because his mum looks like an old what's her name that appears in the film. I'm not sure if I'm looking too much into that.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:

Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:51 AM   #34
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Live your dreams!
Stunning, heartwarming, inspiring ...

Watch Simon Cowell go "Speechless!"
48-year-old Susan Boyle might just be the UK's next singing sensation.
http://tinyurl.com/dac7xr
Im such a softy.. just watched this for the first time this morning and had tears in my eyes.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #35
sun-toon´
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
It's natural that in the editing room a lot of mood making effects are done, for example, cutting to the audience (I'm sure I saw the same woman cry in both episodes of the program that are in discussion here).
Just my point...that these "reality" shows are a small piece of reality mixed with as much illusion as is necessary to attract the largest audience.

There's nothing wrong with that...it's only entertainment, yet tens of millions of people, and even some of whom that we'd expect to be a much more aware group...the Avalon folk from the beginning of this thread, willingly have engaged their emotional energy with this illusion. I've even heard this event being compared to the "hope" [scam] that accompanied the election of Obama...that it's a "sign" of the changing nature of reality.

What I see is a fine example of the process of loosh farming and the control matix. We just don't always notice it when it's a positive emotion instead of the grief, fear or anger which is usually provoked through the media. The bottom line is that it siphons our energy from the reality of our own being, and transfers it to a fantasy where it reinforces and empowers the reality projection that we're supposedly trying to escape.

Last edited by sun-toon´; 04-22-2009 at 04:19 PM.
sun-toon´ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #36
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi sun-toon,

I agree it's to attinge the largest audience as possible.

Don't forget that these shows have phone ins so the viewer can vote for their favourite character, I say character as these shows range from Big Brother (the first of this type of show I beleive), to American Idol, at inflated telephone costs. That's one of the principal sources of income for these programs.

Money, money, money, money......

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Just my point...that these "reality" shows are a small piece of reality mixed with as much illusion as is necessary to attract the largest audience.

There's nothing wrong with that...it's only entertainment, yet tens of millions of people, and even some of whom that we'd expect to be a much more aware group...the Avalon folk from the beginning of this thread, willingly have engaged their emotional energy with this illusion. I've even heard this event being compared to the "hope" [scam] that accompanied the election of Obama...that it's a "sign" of the changing nature of reality.

What I see is a fine example of the process of loosh farming and the control matix. We just don't always notice it when it's a positive emotion instead of the grief, fear or anger which is usually provoked through the media. The bottom line is that it siphons our energy from the reality of our own being, and transfers it to a fantasy where it reinforces and empowers the reality projection that we're supposedly trying to escape.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #37
Swanny
I dont need a label !

You could well be right sun-toon but she does have a great voice, makes no difference to me as I don't watch those sort of tv shows
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #38
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Well it didn't take them long to make Susan look "better"!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-makeover.html

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #39
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi burgundia,

I watched a clip of Paulina Lenda on Mam Talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4XD...eature=related

She frightens me.

Best regards,

Steve
may I ask you why? although i have to admit she doesn't look like an average Polish teenager.But her voice is very powerful.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #40
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi burgundia,

I suppose I was suprised that I could not match her voice, which to me sounds very male, to her face and body.

It almost looked to me like she was miming to a track by a male vocalist. It just seemed very wierd, out of whack.

And when she put on those eyes which have a tendency to stare, that put the kibosh on it for me.

I'm sure that she's a very nice girl, but when she opens her mouth to sing, to me it almost appears to be sinister.

If you have a link where I could hear her talking voice, that would be interesting.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
may I ask you why? although i have to admit she doesn't look like an average Polish teenager.But her voice is very powerful.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #41
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi burgundia,

I suppose I was suprised that I could not match her voice, which to me sounds very male, to her face and body.

It almost looked to me like she was miming to a track by a male vocalist. It just seemed very wierd, out of whack.

And when she put on those eyes which have a tendency to stare, that put the kibosh on it for me.

I'm sure that she's a very nice girl, but when she opens her mouth to sing, to me it almost appears to be sinister.

If you have a link where I could hear her talking voice, that would be interesting.

Best regards,

Steve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOkpKvrFaBw

Last edited by burgundia; 04-24-2009 at 07:25 PM.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #42
Skylark
Avalon Senior Member

Susan is fantastic,
So is Paul Potts.

Everything is a distraction and a scam these days, we are saturated. But seeing real talent like these people have turning up all over the place is heartening I think.

hopefully this can act against the overwhelming PTB campaign to make humans feel terrible about ourselves, and also curb peoples cynicism and tendencies to judge people prematurely. It's like a lot of things, the power can be directed both positively and negatively. It can also be debated to death endlessly on internet forums by people lamenting the lack of action in the world, as they type.
Maybe computer keyboards can be harnessed as a source of alternative energy, from the keystrokes, and save us!
Sorry everyone, don't take offence, just ajoke.

Hey, here is some incredible, real, un-staged talent that will bring a tear to your eye if you haven;t heard her before. Emily Bear, 7 year old pianist and composer. Mozart didn't do as much as her by 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wQ0vKu6MLg
Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:54 AM   #43
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Things Just Got Hairy For Obama

Boyle would rather be in Blackburn than with Barack

By Douglas Wight, 10/05/2009

SUSAN Boyle turned down the chance of a dream dinner date with President Barack Obama in Washington . . . to stay at home and wash her hair, we can reveal.

Article continues: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/show...ack-Obama.html
Old 05-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #44
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Britains Got Talent 2009 - Susan Boyle - Semi-Final

A 'NEW' Susan and A 'NEW' Day!

May 24, 2009

Britains Got Talent 2009 - Susan Boyle - Semi-Final

Video (3:07): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SncyQ...layer_embedded

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-29-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #45
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Contrived or not...

I think she's holding up pretty well considering the pressure!

Piers Morgan Defends Susan Boyle After Public Outburst
Us Magazine - May 28, 2009 8:35 AM PDT

Britain's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan wants people to lay off Susan Boyle.

According to British reports, the 48-year-old Scottish singing sensation -- who won over millions with a YouTube performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables and advanced to the finals last weekend with her rendition of "Memory" from Cats -- cussed out two strangers in the lobby of the Wembley Plaza Hotel in North London on Wednesday.

Article continues: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/piers-morg...burst/23079?nc

Shaheen Jarfargholi's Outstanding Semi-Final Performance:

Video (5:55): YouTube - Shaheen Jafargholi (HQ) Semi-final BGT 2009

Who can resist this Father and Son act STAVROS FLATLY?
'Simon Says': "Can I say this is one of my favorite ever dance acts."

Audition: YouTube - Stavros Flatly - Greek Irish Dancers - Britains Got Talent 2009
Semi-Final Performance: YouTube - Stavros Flatly - Semi Final 3 - Britains Got Talent 2009 (HQ)

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-28-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #46
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
20 Apr 09: Telegraph TV has obtained an exclusive early recording by Susan Boyle singing Killing me Softly (30 seconds 1971) and Cry me a River, made by friends and family.

Video (1:00): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LDWO...layer_embedded

Looks like Susan has a bit of competition, a new singer auditions:

Britain's Got Talent - Shaheen Jafargholi

Video (6:05): http://britainsgottalent.net/video/I...Talent-Shaheen
This last vid has been removed the user?
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:06 AM   #47
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Blessings WITW,

I'm getting all of the vids and I'm in the US. Hmmmm are you having a little internet censoring?

Hopefully you will be able to do an IXQUICK search and find a similar video available there.

PaL

Oops, unless you meant the Susan Boyle Vid at Post #44 which I just needed to change.

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-29-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #48
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
My apologies WITW,

I got it wrong.

This is a replacement for the Shaheen Jafargholi Audition link that was bad.

http://britainsgottalent.net/video/B...nt-Shaheen-Jaf

Last edited by peaceandlove; 07-09-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:34 AM   #49
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Amanda wanted them to win...

Stavros Flatley: Lord Of The Dance - Britain's Got Talent 2009 - The Final

Video (5:16):

The bookies bet on Boyle...

Susan Boyle: I Dreamed A Dream - Britain's Got Talent 2009 - The Final

Video (5:48):

Variety was what the people voted for...6th on the bookie list.

Diversity: Dance Group - Britain's Got Talent 2009 - The Final

Video (4:57):

The Final Announcement:

The Winner - Britain's Got Talent 2009 - The Final

Video (4:59):

Last edited by peaceandlove; 06-01-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #50
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Holy ****. I didn't see that coming. I imagine their was alot lost on that bet.

I am sure she will still do alright in her upcoming singing career.

It maybe worked out for the best that she didn't win. It may take some of the media attention away from her. She still has a wonderful voice and people will buy her CD's with her new found fame.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote