Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Why are the school kids Pledging to Obama!

School Children Complain Of "Obama Worship" During Lessons
Giant images of president projected onto classroom walls disturb kids, parents

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Wednesday, Jan 28th, 2009

Related Content

Several disturbing stories have come to our attention over the past weeks and days that further highlight how sections of the American population have elevated Barack Obama to a dangerously inflated "messianic" status normally only associated with Royalty or totalitarian leaders.

What makes the following accounts so much more insidious, however, is that they all involve children.

Perhaps the most insidious is to be found on the Tree of Liberty forum where a concerned parent from Las Vegas reveals that his 1st grader son has complained of having to pledge allegiance every day at school to a huge projected image of the new president.

The post reads:

My son, who is in 1st grade, came home yesterday saying that he didn't want to go back to school anymore. So I asked him why? He said that during the Pledge of Allegiance the teacher put up a large image of Obama next to the flag. I asked him if he was sure of this and I suggested to him that maybe the teacher just put up an 8x10 photo of the president. He said, "No, it is a large picture of Obama and when we are done Ms. **** turns off the image." I also asked if they did this for Bush last year? He again said, "No." This was my sons first day back to school since before Christmas, he was on a 5 week track break.

My wife volunteers a couple of days each week with helping out with my sons teacher doing various duties. She said that she would come in early this morning to see what was going on. She just got back and reported that this was true and then some. She said she waited out in the pod area and could see inside 3 of the 5 class rooms in this section of school. She said that when the kids stand each teacher flips on the classroom overhead and a full body image of Obama, with six U.S. flags behind him, comes up about 4 feet away from the flag that hangs on the wall. She said that the image has Obama staring straight at you with no facial expressions, just a serious look. I asked my wife if Obama had his hand over his heart? She said that she was so taken aback by this that she didn't see it. What is worse is she said that all of the kids in each class faced Obama instead of the flag that hangs in the corner.

What the heck is going on?

Guys and gals, I need some advise on how to approach this. I can be somewhat hot headed so I need to plan accordingly with what to say to the principal when we go in to inquire about this. I am sure I will be brushed off so what is my next step? Obviously it will be the school district but then who? ACLU, Veteran groups, Christian groups? Who would be interested in this vile activity?

This is happening in the Clark County School District here in Las Vegas, Henderson area.

(Article continues below)

Anyone in their right mind will realize that Americans are not supposed to "pledge allegiance" or "service" to a president. The U.S. Constitution, that piece of paper that Obama clumsily swore to defend and protect, states quite clearly that elected representatives are supposed to act in "service" of the people’s best interests, not the other way around.

Imagine the outcry that would have ensued if it had been revealed that huge images of George W Bush were being projected onto the walls of schools every day during his presidency.

Indeed, a similar incident in 2006 did cause waves of consternation when video emerged of children at a so called "Jesus Camp" being asked to worship a life size cutout of Bush.

Seemingly, now that Obama is president this activity is not restricted to "wacky" religious gatherings and is becoming commonplace throughout schools in America.

Another concerned parent relates a similar story on our own PrisonPlanet forum:

I live in Toledo, Ohio & my 3 kids (16, 13 &10) had to watch the inauguration & ceremony in our Toledo Public Schools. My 13 year old daughter is supposed to write a letter to President Obama & my 10 year old is supposed to write 5 facts & 5 opinions on President Obama. what do i tell them so i dont get CSB called on me?

Given that he has been described as the "global leader", it is quite apt that Obama worship is apparently not restricted to U.S. schools. Two weeks ago the Toronto Star reported on how Rowntree Public School now has its own "Obama curriculum" complete with a theme song that "blasts" out the following lyrics from speakers in the school every day:

"Building blocks of a new vow/ A million stops and a new route ..."

Children are asked to complete "Obama video worksheets" while learning all about the president's life, but apparently not what his policies are or even what party he represents.

As part of the curriculum the students were asked to write a letter to the president, which is also featured in the article (see opposite).

The final paragraph states "You are the best because you are the first African American president in the United States of America!" and the children end by promising that they will "always remember your slogan, 'Yes we can!'".

The "Obama curriculum" is clearly not an isolated phenomenon. We have also recently reported on how one teacher has suggested removing from school curriculums all classic novels that explore racial prejudice in society, purely because Obama is now president.

When added to the footage of glassy eyed children singing beautiful melodic songs about Obama (see below) and the now infamous footage of the Obama youth brigade children blindly reciting what their elders have told them to, these stories add up to a disturbing overall trend.

The youth brigades of Nazi Germany and the former Soviet Union are obviously an extreme form of this kind of blind indoctrination, however they were more like scout organizations, their doctrines were never openly instituted in schools!

Perhaps even more disturbing is that there is no significant authoritative pressure pushing this kind of activity in schools. Clearly the teachers instigating the activities in the incidents related above are doing so of their own will, the phenomenon is a cultural one.

The fervor with which Obama is being received by portions of the American public is reaching a frightening level. It has come to the point where the new president is literally being hailed as the anointed savior of humanity.

We have flocks of celebrities encouraging Americans to "pledge service" to Obama, a disturbing notion given the fact that Obama has promised to found a "national civilian security force" and institute forms of compulsory community service for all Americans.

It is one thing for naive adults to buy into such groupthink, but to also subject young children to this, a mentality akin to the desperate prole worship of Big Brother in George Orwell's 1984, is profoundly foreboding for any so called free society.

--------------------------------------------------
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why are the school kids Pledging to Obama!

The Pledge should be outlawed, period.

It doesn't matter who they're pledging to. It's unnecessary behavior and another good reason to homeschool your kids.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
The Pledge should be outlawed, period.

It doesn't matter who they're pledging to. It's unnecessary behavior and another good reason to homeschool your kids.

Totally agree Humble janitor, when i saw this i thought okay so the guys got in but if they think it was done by there votes alone they are living on cloud 9
Then make the kids pledge to this phoney, it makes you want to spew!

Things will not change under Obama, he still has the same old cronies running the shop.
This is just another mind controlling agenda by the education system.
I agree about the homeschooling, it's life experience our kids need not this delusion that is fed to our kids day in and out.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

It looks like the problem has been resolved. It also appears that the problem was local to a particular school based on a dumb idea by one teacher that the principal made the mistake of supporting.

The following posts are by the person that posted the original complaint that got so much attention:

Post #123, same thread

01-28-2009, 08:47 PM
fritopie
Citizen

First, I want to thank you all for your thoughts and ideas on this troubling situation. The response was very encouraging and it has been very uplifting to know that we are not alone.

My wife and I prayed that God give us guidance and encouragement in whatever path he takes us. We prayed long and hard if my wife should show up this morning with our camera to take video of this activity. We both agreed that we needed to follow whatever rules or laws concerning video taping of children in a classroom setting without permission so we decided it was best not to go that route. We just did not know if this was violating any privacy laws. We also wanted to respect the parents who might find their children unwillingly on Youtube. I know I would not want that without us knowing it.

So were does this stand now? We decided that it was best to give the pricipal a chance to explain what was going on. So after school today we went down there and waited for about 45 minutes and finally the Vice Principal came out and suggested that we speak with our childs teacher. It seemed that the office became dead silent and all eyes were on us so I asked that we speak privately. So reluctantly he took us into the conference room and asked us what was going on? I asked if he was aware of this image of Obama being shown to the kids and he said yes and that it was something new that they started this week. I asked if he thought this to a bit Orweallian to him and his facial expressions said it all. He then nodded saying, "yeah, it does seem...you know this could be easily fixed!" He then asked if the children were facing Obama during the reciting? My wife chummed in and said that when she was here Tuesday she saw a 5th grade class face Obama and NOT the flag. He said, "Well they shouldn't be, they are supposed to honor and respect the flag." I then asked,"Why are the lights being turned off in the classroom? You can't see the flag but you can definetly see Obama. I added that this goes against flag etiquette. I then suggested that this is wrong and is a distraction and that it needs to be shut down. I further said that we did not do this for Bush (I then told him that I was not a Bush fan) and I would even be upset if you had an image of Jesus showing. It is almost like forced indoctrination. I then asked if this was school wide or district wide? He replied, "one of the teachers thought of it and so we tried it just here at this school, it is not district wide. But let me to try to solve this, okay?" I then asked for the district superintendant name and number? The vp again asked that they solve this first and that he would call the principal tonight and that they would take care of this first thing in the morning. We agreed and that was that. I do want to say that the vp was very polite and cordial and seemed concerned. We will see??

I guess if this doesn't stop tomorrow then the wife and I are prepared to go forward. I do believe in giving people a chance to correct any wrong doings. A part of me wished that I held off on making my original post yesterday until this could be addressed properly and then the other side of me said that this needed to be shouted out from the roof tops so everyone can see and hear what is going on. However, it is what it is and God put it in our lap and I am thankful!

I would like to add that my wife is asian and that she came from a country that if you questioned the leader you were a target. When this came up she became scared and angry at the same time. She said that it was hard coming over hear and becoming a U.S. citizen and that she is PROUD to be an AMERICAN! What a woman, huh!!

Yesterday, 08:34 PM
fritopie
Citizen

WooHooo! Well, this battle has been won!

I waited until this afternoon to speak with my son and ask him if they still said the pledge with Obamas image projected on the screen. He said that they still did but before that the teacher spoke with them at length about flag etiquette and the meaning of the flag and why we say the pledge.

Not satisfied I called the principal's office and she was busy but they transferred me to his teacher. I spoke with the teacher and told her that as a veteran I am upset that this still is being shown to our children. Make a long story short I explained to her what I posted yesterday and she said that the principal put out to all teachers that there will be a mandatory brief history and explanation of why we say the pledge and to not look at Obama. She also said that they left the lights on. She ended by saying that she was going to talk to the principal right now and see what can be done.

Minutes later the principal called and wanted to fully hear what was going on. I basically went from start to finish and explained that NO image of ANYONE should be shown during the Pledge of Allegiance and as a vet I was deeply offended. I again explained everything that I have posted. She said that they just wanted to honor the president. I then said that then we should honor the rest of our government. Our government doesn't consist of just one person but three equal branches. She agreed and said that in the morning that she would get with their audio/video tech and have him turn it off in my son's classroom. I asked her about the rest of the school and she said that she will make it for the whole school! Can I hear an AMEN!

The principal explained that they do a live video presentation each morning with two kids making announcements, kindof like a news room. She said that after announcements are made the video automatically goes to a taped video of Obama standing, with the flags in the background, while the kids stand for the pledge. I might add that when I talked to the teacher she said that the image is of Obama (the full body picture is of him on a large screen with him being about 3 feet tall and six flags in the background, keep in mind that this is a screen that is about 5'x5') and it is only shown for about 8 seconds. Back to talking with the principal, the principal apologized that it offended me and that she gave her word that it will be taken down tomorrow. She then said that we have to have something up there for that time slot to replace Obama's image because it is a taped video that goes off after the moment silence, which comes after the pledge. She said that she will have the audio tech replace Obama with the American flag? AMEN!

Again she apologized several times for the offense as I reiterated that to us vets those colors mean something to us as well as to any true American!

I ended our conversation by telling her, because I want to be open about everything, that I have posted this story on a popular web site and that it has spread to other sites. I further said that I am not trying to blow smoke here but I want her to know that we have been getting a lot of request from radio, television and publications wanting an interview. I said that this is now out of my hands and as far as we are concerned I am happy with the end results and the matter is now dropped. (note: we shall see!)

I am not sure how she accepted my last comment about the media but I truly believe that she was sincere and this wrong was made RIGHT! I do believe people do have brain farts and occassionally do things stupid and others don't and do things with an agenda. Whatever the case I believe we have made our voices heard. What further makes me happy is that the children got a nice dose of patriotism this morning. Maybe not all children or teachers accepted it but maybe, just maybe one child heard today's message about the flag and it will stick with him or her and they will be the REAL CHANGE that we, as Americans,need!

My wife and I feel like a big weight has been lifted off of us, but with a little help from God and from you all we can make the real change, not the Obama change. I have to be honest hear and say that though we have recieved many request for an interview I do not do well in these situations. I tend to stumble and mumble words. I had to drop out of Speach 101 because I froze with fear when I got up in front of my class. Talk about being embarrassed, never again!

I intend to stay on top of this and see if there are any repercussions. My wife volunteers there Monday and Tuesday and works with the staff. We will see how well recieved she is???

Last edited by Jnana; 01-30-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Slowly all of David Wilcocks arguments break down. It's abundantly clear by now that whatever surrounds Obama isn't pure.

What is also necessary to consider here is however if that is a problem created on the reaction solution scale. It's important not to overreact here either.
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: Why are the school kids Pledging to Obama!

Yes, I find this very interesting?
I was watching a CNN news report, from Japan (today), that demonstrates how (Japanese)English learning students, are using Obama'a (video and audio text) speeches as a practice tool?
The story reports> OBama's proper use of words and his communicative skills, provide a excellent learning tool> in aiding the students in learning and practicing english?
Note, when asked about using former President Bush's speeches> the students gave a bemused look and response.
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Most people could pass as the messiah replacing Bush!

The jury is still out on Obama though. He deserves time to prove he is a strong, independant leader or just another tool of the cabal.

Lets give him his chance.

Peace
Respect
Iain
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Jacqui,
I noticed this story this afternoon from the Mail Online;
The coming war against Home Schoolers
take a look> what do you think?
http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....schoolers.html
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovonni View Post
Jacqui,
I noticed this story this afternoon from the Mail Online;
The coming war against Home Schoolers
take a look> what do you think?
http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....schoolers.html
"There could be a threat in every corner of this world!"

"No problem, we'll just force our way in all those corners and make sure everything goes 'right' (as we want it)."
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote