Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
Knightbk
Avalon Senior Member

Default What does "awakening" mean?

Honestly, I don't get it some times.

What do you guys mean by "awakening" exactly?

Don't take this the wrong way, but is "awakening" supposed to be where you awaken to the "fact" that the world is going to collapse in a few months and billions are going to die as so many people here seem to think?

Or does it mean I am supposed to believe in Grey's, Reptilians, Illuminati, etc, etc?

I don't truly understand what people mean when they say to be "awakened" and I certainly have a good healthy dose of skepticism in my brain which keeps me from believing everything people say without any proof whatosever.
Knightbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
Banned

Default Re: What does "awakening" mean?

What it means to 'wake up' is simply to realize that things aren't the way way we are told. It means to question everything, and don't believe something just because that's what it says on the news. Try to see things objectively, opposed to subjectively.
It means to try to think for yourself.

Otherwise, you're just waking up to another dream.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightbk View Post
What do you guys mean by "awakening" exactly?
Excellent question. My take on it is that you start to become aware of your souls purpose for this incarnation, together with a generally expanded awareness - especially with regard to intuition.

Some of us now feel that we came here with a mission, some of us have always felt that way, wheras others (like me) only started to become aware of the mission and the mission parameters at some later point in thier lives.

This unfolding of awareness is most often what I think people mean by awakening - awakening to your personal truth.

Let light and peace reign on earth.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I see it in two ways, one is seeing through the BS they have been feeding us for so long and the other is being more awake in that I physically see things in a different way, I see the beauty in nature so much more than I used to, I crew a canal barge for charity (hard work but I struggle through ) while I'm on the back alone in my thoughts I am sometimes blown away by what's happening around me, even just seeing water droplets reflecting light is amazing.
I also catch things that aren't there moving out of the corner of my eye much more than I used to.
So that's three ways then
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
Spinner
Avalon Senior Member

Awakening appears to mean something different to different people. Back in 98, 99, I used to meditate a lot and I had marvelous experiences. Sometimes I popped out of or into another focus so-to-speak and could look back so-to-speak and see this reality (or unreality) as something akin to a dream, movie, or game, but the main point was that I could see through it and see that everything in it was all part of the game and that there are many, many other games.
So I see myself now as living in a sort of lucid dream.
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
Knightbk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
What it means to 'wake up' is simply to realize that things aren't the way way we are told. It means to question everything, and don't believe something just because that's what it says on the news.
If that is what you mean, then I have been awake all my life.

My teachers hated me growing up, not because I was a rebel or stupid or anything, but because I was very inquisitive and didn't accept everything I read or was taught. Teachers don't like it when you can argue them down on something they think they know and I was good at that. Things have never made sense to me really...

In fact, anytime I found myself following the pact, I got ****** because of it. In may of this year, I finally let my guard down again and got pressured into "buying a home" and borrowed $200k to do it. Now the house will probably be worth half that in a few years if all we fear comes to pass.

Still, I find myself questioning the basis for a lot of what people here believe. I don't trust or agree with our government or most of the "teachings" we have been taught, but I certainly do not believe all the counter beliefs that people think either.
Knightbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #7
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

this kind of sums it up a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0GxyZCVc5M
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightbk View Post

Still, I find myself questioning the basis for a lot of what people here believe. I don't trust or agree with our government or most of the "teachings" we have been taught, but I certainly do not believe all the counter beliefs that people think either.
Same here
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
Suriel

Wink Re: What does "awakening" mean?

Here is a pleasant video that I found with an aspect on "awakening."

Video description:

2012 and the grand alignment. What does it really mean? It's not just about a calendar ending. It's really about an evolutionary beginning of a new cycle. Individually and collectively we all can play a part and help to make this transition a positive, enlightening experience. This video is an inspirational journey through the cosmos, with beautiful music from Enigma, and wonderful Hubble telescope photos. We hope to inspire and communicate in simple terms what is needed to help us make the necessary planetary shift in consciousness .

Peace,
Suriel - Messenger of Light
Old 10-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #10
Bayareamom
Avalon Senior Member

I take 'awakening' to mean learning your Soul's purpose for 'this' incarnation -- AND waking up to the fact that we have been told very little of the Truth out there.
Bayareamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #11
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Excellent question. My take on it is that you start to become aware of your souls purpose for this incarnation, together with a generally expanded awareness - especially with regard to intuition.

Some of us now feel that we came here with a mission, some of us have always felt that way, wheras others (like me) only started to become aware of the mission and the mission parameters at some later point in thier lives.

This unfolding of awareness is most often what I think people mean by awakening - awakening to your personal truth.

Let light and peace reign on earth.

A..
Hey ANCHOR, that is a great statement. I could not have said it better myself. I have felt the same way.
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #12
henners

Just to add to that last post. I drive a tourist coach here in Sydney and i do a lot of commentary in my travels. But its during meal times or whilst we just chat casually, i have discovered that when i bring up the subject of spirituality, ufos, aliens etc, i tend to attract about a third of the people who want to listen and give me their opinion on whats happening.
Others just walk away and think i live with the faries.
One thing i have noticed, in the past two years, more people are "awakening" in my tours and have an opinion.

Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #13
Har
Avalon Senior Member

Very very good question!

Allthough not complete, You might consider the following levels of awakening.

The first awakening is the realization of the body. The awakening that you are alive. You can actually DO things. Talk, walk, make love, make decisions, create and destroy. This awakening sets you free from bodily slavery. You realize you can be a sovereign being.

Yet another level is the awakening of the mind. The awakening of the mind occurs the moment you realize that you can actually *think* for yourself. You do not *believe* everything that you are told anymore. Suddenly you question everything. That is what the mind is *supposed* to do in the first place. Children are your example when they ask: Why? The awakening of the mind leads to investigation and research into many areas. Here is where you start reading topics you never heard of before. This awakening sets you free of absolute control.

Another level is the awakening of your soul. Now here is where you realize that You are not what You have always been told that You are. Your realize that You are not your body, You are not your Name, You are not Profession, You are not your Personality, You are not you Character. Hell, You are not even father, mother or son. You merely *have* *act on* or *accumulated* all these concepts. And that is ok but actually, the only thing that You are absolutely sure of is the fact that You *experience* many things through many senses. That is ALL you *know* for sure. This awakening sets you free from fear of death.

The next level is the awakening to the existence of Oneness. Although You seem to experience duality and separateness suddenly You realize that all is actually ONE. Now you realize the Power of Creation. Here is where You realize that You are a Co-Creator. That makes You Co-Divine. Finally You realize that whatever happens does not really matter. You *MIGHT* realize that you are here for a reason and that you *signed up* for this live/task but the real and only thing that matters is the CHOICE that You make every moment. If you realize this level You realize that: “There is Only One and It Reads These Words Through Your Eyes”.

Now all these levels do no tell you to *do* specific things. They merely open up new worlds of possibilities. The current urban revelations should make humanity fight for and declare our human and galactic sovereignty. Unless that happens we will *never-ever* be free.

How’s that for awakening ?

OneWithTheCreator
Har is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Awake for me the most impotant aspect is living and apreciatting life to the fullest. Attitude of gratitude, the rest of the pieces will unfold once your attitude and emotions change towards the earth thats giving you life.
Be humble enough to listen and bright enough to ask questions.
Understanding is a journey, welcome !!! Now if you excuse me I'm going back to sleep
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #15
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

What does "awakening" mean? -> Osho Zen Tarot -> Major Arcana XII
Transformation -> http://www.osho.com/magazine/tarot/T...?All=Yes&Nr=14 ->

A master in Zen is not simply a teacher. In all the religions there are only teachers. They
teach you about subjects which you don't know, and they ask you to believe because there is
no way to bring those experiences into objective reality. Neither has the teacher known
them - he has believed them; he transfers his belief to somebody else.

Zen is not a believer's world. It is not for the faithful ones; it is for those daring souls who
can drop all belief, unbelief, doubt, reason, mind, and simply enter into their pure existence
without boundaries. But it brings a tremendous transformation.

Hence, let me say that while others are involved in philosophies, Zen is involved in
metamorphosis, in a transformation. It is authentic alchemy: it changes you from base
metal into gold. But its language has to be understood, not with your reasoning and
intellectual mind but with your loving heart. Or even just listening, not bothering whether
it is true or not. And a moment comes suddenly that you see it, which has been eluding you
your whole life. Suddenly, what Gautam Buddha called "eighty-four thousand doors" open.

Osho Zen: The Solitary Bird, Cuckoo of the Forest Chapter 6

Commentary:

The central figure in this card sits atop the vast flower of the void, and holds the symbols of transformation - the
sword that cuts through illusion, the snake that rejuvenates itself by shedding its skin, the broken chain of
limitations, and the yin/yang symbol of transcending duality. One of its hands rests on its lap, open and receptive.
The other reaches down to touch the mouth of a sleeping face, symbolizing the silence that comes when we are at
rest.

This is a time for a deep let-go. Allow any pain, sorrow, or difficulty just to be there, accepting its "facticity." It is
very much like the experience of Gautam Buddha when, after years of seeking, he finally gave up, knowing there
was nothing more that he could do. That very night, he became enlightened.

Transformation comes, like death, in its own time. And, like death, it takes you from one dimension into another.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:54 PM   #16
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Waking up can be painful.

For some its a bit like sleeping in - you know you should get up, but its so nice and cozy in bed. Sooner or later though your Mum comes in (without knocking - duh!?) and flings open the curtains - dazzling sunlight streams in and stings your eyes and through your moaning and groaning she's all "WAKE UP - its a lovely day outside"! Finally you get up, and she's right. It is a nice day.

The problem is that today - not many people are seeing that sunlight.

It is there, I promise!

A..
Old 10-20-2008, 12:12 AM   #17
ChristinCP
Avalon Senior Member

This is such a simple question, but is so important. We talk about it all the time here at project avalon, the finer details of it. I've been getting increasingly frustrated lately b/c I feel like I have an important purpose, but nothing "big" is happening. What can I really do? I guess all we can really do is just change how we think individually, stay positive, be as good of a person as we can be, keep our loved ones informed (as much as they allow it anyways), follow our hearts, and see where things go from there.

I'm even beginning to wonder how much to actively seek outside information, or whether or not I should just rely on my own inner knowledge and spend my time learning things like astrology, tarot, numerology, etc., as well as trying to be more disciplined regarding meditation and making it a regular habit.

I wonder even how much things will really physically change as we approach 2012. My thoughts are changing daily regarding this, and I can't help but think that things may continue "as usual"? Perhaps I've just had delusions of grandeur about some great purpose that I have? Does anyone else feel like this? Like you're here to do something really important, but the opportunity is just not presenting itself?

Sometimes I just think I'd be happiest going back to church and singing about Jesus.
ChristinCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 AM   #18
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayareamom View Post
I take 'awakening' to mean learning your Soul's purpose for 'this' incarnation -- AND waking up to the fact that we have been told very little of the Truth out there.
In few words, you said much.

Aware of Who (soul incarnated) we/you are, of where (history of planet Earth) we/you are and why (purpose) we/you are here. Conscious of the Universe and it's basic structures (Universal Laws) and your true power (we only use 5% of our true potential). Awaken or born again transforms you form the inside.

Thank you very much for this thread.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #19
Uncle Fester
Avalon Senior Member

To be fully awakened you have to wake up inside, and outside.

You must awaken to the inner you, who you really are. You are the awareness of the thought, not the thought. First you have to create the space between awareness and ego. Try A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. It will change your reality. You will learn your inner purpose. It's fantastic to find the real you, not the person that you thought you were. We are evolving as an awareness being from a thought being. Presence is timeless. You always have been, and always will be present. You are eternal. The opposite of life is not death. The opposite of death is birth. Life has no opposite, because it's eternal. Once you learn this you will lose your fear.

Your inner purpose is to be present and to understand that it is timeless.
You outer purpose is to facilitate your inner purpose the best you can.
While working on you outer purpose you must bring one of three things to it, or walk away. If you can't bring any of the following to what you are doing, it is not helping your inner or outer life's purpose.

Acceptance.
Enthusiasm.
Joy.

Remember, you can not think your way into the present moment, you can only be.

The second wake up is to the truth of what is really going on around you. Sounds like you got that part covered.

Fester is wise. He is the original light being.
Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #20
Marian-Librarian

Knightbk-

You are on the right path...trust your inner self...and open your inner eye..your spirit eye....and listen...

Peace to you.
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:09 AM   #21
voltron
Avalon Senior Member

To me awakening means to awaken from the 3-D dream of life, just as we wake up from a dream after sleeping at night. When we do that we realise the dream was not real. so likewise this 3-D life on earth is not real. There is NO death. conciousness lives on. You need not believe in reptialians, the New World Order, or the Illuminati. You need not participate in the economic recession. You can create youor own reality. During the depression of 1929 there were many happy people. Of course they were not reported in the newspapers since that does ntomake news. So be sweet in your own home. Choose happy friends. Think good thoughts. Even the last chapter of Revelation (22) has a happy ending. Read it and see.
voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:30 AM   #22
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinCP View Post
I've been getting increasingly frustrated lately b/c I feel like I have an important purpose,
Would it help you to know that just by being here you are playing one of the most important roles that a human can play in the evolution of the planet ? Just by being incarnate at this time. Simple as that. You are a radiant zone all by yourself.

Quote:
but nothing "big" is happening.
Oh but it is all happening!! Every moment. Every atom sings and dances with praise around you, stimulated by the light you shine. If you want to go to church and sign about Jesus, then thats exactly what you should do. Follow your heart. The world will sing in praise along with you !

Each time you add your higher vibrational energy to the sum of that in our locality you advance the entire plan forwards. You are doing that all by yourself!

You are, basically, amazing.

If you have doubts about this, in meditation/prayer, simply ask for a sign. You will get it - delivery is guaranteed - first class post straight from heaven! The postman may need to try a few times, but eventually you will take delivery.

A..
Old 10-20-2008, 04:51 AM   #23
borrasca2012
Avalon Senior Member

........ GOD MORNING , brothers and sisters...... just waked up after a

gooood loooong sleep.... have a nice day everyone !!!!!
borrasca2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:59 AM   #24
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

The answer is a ceiling.
When a person thinks they know the answer, they have become limited by that answer.

Having no attachment to the answer or the need for an answer, is profound.
In that space, I allow a flow to happen and I am not emotionally dependent on anything, nor is my spirit caught in the grip of "fear of being wrong."

Sweet Peace,
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:15 AM   #25
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post
The answer is a ceiling.
When a person thinks they know the answer, they have become limited by that answer.

Having no attachment to the answer or the need for an answer, is profound.
In that space, I allow a flow to happen and I am not emotionally dependent on anything, nor is my spirit caught in the grip of "fear of being wrong."

Sweet Peace,
CW
I concur

unity
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote