Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 03:38 AM   #26
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: There is only one God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer View Post
You should love your neighbours wife, not covet her.

And about hell: With these oilprices the heat will probably be bearable the next few centuries so...
Hah. covet her...
She covets me, I covet her.
Conclusion she married the wrong person. Are we to suffer the rest of our existence, for a youthful indiscretion and because the book says so? I don't think so.

Latest news... Hell is nukular powered. ;-)
That so not going to hurt my non-existing nerve ends.
Lets see if we can tempt the devil with rekindling his memory of a cool, glass of refreshing ice water.

Last edited by TranceAm; 10-04-2008 at 03:46 AM.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #27
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Only if you put some malt, hops and yeast to it....
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #28
Jma
Avalon Senior Member

Watch Ezekiel 1 animated video

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=-ET7WXK4D_g

Jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #29
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer View Post
Only if you put some malt, hops and yeast to it....
I bet, sorry to say that the alcohol will evaporate even faster then the water ;-)
Sorry, but he is in prison, maybe the Capo, but still imprisoned.. No Drugs policy to comfort old split toe..

Just kidding, but ridicule is the best way to show how absurd the fairy tale realy is.

And adults have believed in this for ages... And to continue the story have indoctrinated their children with said fear.. The crime of the ages.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #30
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Even in the polytheistic societies, there was one god at the peak of the pantheon that was responsible for creating the rest of them. Ancient people personified this in stories depicting the gods mating and giving birth to others.

I think that what most people don't realize is that polytheism is not the belief that there is an absence of one creator. It is an expansion and more systematic structured paradigm where in all of the aspects of the creator have thier own individual names.

Lets use an analogy. If you say that you believe that there are individual programs with names in your computer that all have specific abilities, are you saying that the computer that contains and generates these programs does not exist?
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #31
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post

Lets use an analogy. If you say that you believe that there are individual programs with names in your computer that all have specific abilities, are you saying that the computer that contains and generates these programs does not exist?
Apples and Oranges.
Hardware - Software.

"If you say that you believe"

How can I make any judgemental statements with any truth value, If I would have to add to the structure "believe" when communicating such a logical structure to others?

"that there are individual programs with names in your computer that all have specific abilities"

The "abilities" as you call them is what value humans connect to the output of any given program that runs on "a" computer.. Be it on your screen, On Storage, on Hard Copy or even robottical output.
The computer does nothing more, then manipulating according to strict syntax, endless sequences of Zero's and One's. To the computer (If it was aware.), it is just all the same.

",are you saying that the computer that contains and generates these programs does not exist?"

It is not esential for the computer TO exist to get that output, since any human when reading the program, can predict or produce the SAME output, when handling the data according to the same syntax.. Only much slower.

So your Analog is not in line, Maybe you want to redefine it and make the limits your analog operates in a little more restrictive, and less pending on reader (mis)interpretation.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 AM   #32
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

Peer,

The ten commandments were given along with the other 633 laws so that man would see that man needed a savior because no one could abide by them fully at all times. It was impossible by design. Sure it kept man fenced in morally but the main purpose of the law was to point you to Jesus Christs' substitutionary sacrifice on the the cross. Instead of man offering goats and whatever else to take away whatever sin was committed, God provides the ultimate sacrifice for all time, ONE time. Those bloody sacrifices in the Old Testament were a type and shadow of what was to come (Christ Jesus). Christ fulfills the law for those that put their faith and trust in Him. This was the ultimate love of God that was given to man. God had to pay the highest payment for our inabilities to be acceptable to Him. A holy and just God had to provide a holy sacrifice, thus himself, thus the concept of the trinity- God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit. Not 3 gods, but 3 characteristics of the one God head. I am a father to my children, a husband to my wife and a son to my parents. I am not 3 separate people. God is one.

The Old testament pointed to the cross and the new testament pointed back at the cross. The central point to the bible is the cross not self or self awareness or any other new age self doctrine. That is the total opposite or antithesis to the bible. Yet this is exactly what ET's - I call them demons would have man divert his attention to rather than Christ Jesus-who casted them all out of heaven in the first place. The demons know their time is short and they want to lie and distract as many people away from Christ as they can possible get to go down with them as possible while the getting is good.

Why do I mention these things? Because the love of God is in me and I can't help but love back to the world with this truth.

There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end leads to death. Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the light, and no one comes to the Father but through me".

You put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin and God promises you everlasting life with Him one day and in the mean-time He gives you a peace that passes all understanding while on earth until He comes again for His children. This is the simplicity of the gospel (good news). This is why people go to church. They are so very greatful and like minded for what God has done for them. It is very real. Yes, some churches are corrupt, sure. No one is immune to greed and hypocracy. It plagues us all. Play with it enough and it blossoms quite effortlessly. The church is a refuge and support group of love to real Christians.

I am not fearful of October 14th what so ever. Truly I'm not. I know the bible talks about in the last days there will be more frequent signs and wonders in the heavens/skies and more frequent calamities on earth. These are merely birth pains of the coming of the Lord.
Kelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:59 AM   #33
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Religion is a terrible thing, look at all the wars it has caused through out time.
And the bible... What a joke that is, it's been changed and adapted so many times to fit certain times it's a complete joke, you would have to be daft in the head to follow that nonsense.

As Peer said this is a spiritual forum not a religious one.
There is no god get over it
As al Jolson sang, "Swanny, how I love you, how I love you . . . . . . . "

But don't confuse God with the bible or religion. He was around long before they were.

AND HE'LL BE AROUND LONG AFTER HUMANITY HAS GONE OFF WORLD.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #34
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

With respect for all beliefs -- God is not a belief in my humble opinion.
Humans endevour to apply labels to everything in order to feel that they know it.
We have given God human traits. Anger, Jealousy, Judgmentalism -- sent you to hell if your not good, needs sacrifice.
God is not a person.
In my humble opinion God is not knowable in human terms -- He/she is unconditional love.
Gods love can be expeienced.
It is availble to all regardless of personal belief or non belief.

We have the nerve to put That which is without limit into our personal box ie
a Christian god a Buddist god a Hindu god and on and on.
How can we limit God to only loving those that agree with us?
God is unlimited.
There is no where where God is not.
He is in every atom every molocule.
He is everlasting life itself
He is you and me .
God is the Divine Ocean the Totality. We are waves of the Divine Ocean.

With Love Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #35
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

Leave Swanni alone, everyone have their own spiritual path, he is a lot more backward than we Us Wajaja

No, Im sorry, haha.

But you have no more atention than if you go against the flood in some place so it's understandable that he wanted to grab some atention saying something so personal.

--------------0---------------------

In the matter of One G O D

Yeah, one G O D, but at the same time he/she is seven and hi/she's in All of Us as the "divine sparckle" who tells us, encourage us, suggests us, shows us, all without notice (!) to search the great Source and Center (-in fact, that's the difference with the souless animals, and that's because the illuminati in a demonic possesion needs to have a second personality-).

The Sparckle, to go to Him/she again in the long road back home.

Cheers!
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #36
Jma
Avalon Senior Member

This is a diagram I found with the 72 names of God;
Jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #37
Myplanet2
In The Mists

words fail. encapsulated understandings fail. positions fail. projections fail. rejections fail.

capturing GOD is like trying to capture air in a fish net.

Every religion in existence points to GOD. They can't help but....

But I feel we're a bit ahead of ourselves in this regard. You almost can't help but trip over all the multitude pointers toward GOD. But since GOD isn't a place, where do those pointers point?

My feeling is that they provide vectors which we can then follow for a time, in our explorations. And that's what we're here to do. Explore. Not be guided.

I see it as a tragic misunderstanding that one should assume that the vector points to a place one can arrive at. The journey is the thing. The learning is the thing. The experience is the thing. We're here to do. Not be told what to do.

Those who would tell us what to do, are simply failed explorers. They decided an exploration lead nowhere, and therefore must not be repeated. They warn us where not to go, where not to look, what not to do....

But who's to say someone else's exploration of that particular vector might not lead somewhere wonderful?

I see our task here, to make available the opportunities for others to resume their own explorations. So many aborted explorations ! ! !

Yes there are those who are so set on a divergent vector from the majority of us that they derive pleasure and sustenance from our failures and disomfitures.

But are we to say that their paths don't ultimately lead back to GOD just because they diverge from ours? Sure we can say that. But free will includes the choice to explore any and all vectors for ourselves.

The ideas of right and wrong really don't ultimately apply. They are simply matters of opinion.

Do those beings who feed on our pain and suffering feel they are doing wrong or evil? I highly doubt it.

Paths to GOD which favour one polarity while eschewing it's reverse vector, appear to me to be doomed to eventual dead end. But that would simply be indicative of my personal stock taking in my personal exploration, and may have no validity for another.

I looks to me as if our next leap forward, upward, backward, downward or whatever you'd care to aim towards, will occur when we abandon polarization itself.

If everything springs from GOD, then EVERYTHING springs from GOD. No?
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #38
JohnWdoe
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
words fail. encapsulated understandings fail. positions fail. projections fail. rejections fail.

capturing GOD is like trying to capture air in a fish net.

Every religion in existence points to GOD. They can't help but....

But I feel we're a bit ahead of ourselves in this regard. You almost can't help but trip over all the multitude pointers toward GOD. But since GOD isn't a place, where do those pointers point?

My feeling is that they provide vectors which we can then follow for a time, in our explorations. And that's what we're here to do. Explore. Not be guided.

I see it as a tragic misunderstanding that one should assume that the vector points to a place one can arrive at. The journey is the thing. The learning is the thing. The experience is the thing. We're here to do. Not be told what to do.

Those who would tell us what to do, are simply failed explorers. They decided an exploration lead nowhere, and therefore must not be repeated. They warn us where not to go, where not to look, what not to do....

But who's to say someone else's exploration of that particular vector might not lead somewhere wonderful?

I see our task here, to make available the opportunities for others to resume their own explorations. So many aborted explorations ! ! !

Yes there are those who are so set on a divergent vector from the majority of us that they derive pleasure and sustenance from our failures and disomfitures.

But are we to say that their paths don't ultimately lead back to GOD just because they diverge from ours? Sure we can say that. But free will includes the choice to explore any and all vectors for ourselves.

The ideas of right and wrong really don't ultimately apply. They are simply matters of opinion.

Do those beings who feed on our pain and suffering feel they are doing wrong or evil? I highly doubt it.

Paths to GOD which favour one polarity while eschewing it's reverse vector, appear to me to be doomed to eventual dead end. But that would simply be indicative of my personal stock taking in my personal exploration, and may have no validity for another.

I looks to me as if our next leap forward, upward, backward, downward or whatever you'd care to aim towards, will occur when we abandon polarization itself.

If everything springs from GOD, then EVERYTHING springs from GOD. No?
Its a pleasure to meet such a well thoughtful individual like yourself, your words really resonated with me and for that i say thank you.

JohnWdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #39
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

In the Law Of One, Ra talks about Intelligent Infinity.

I conceptualize God as all of the Intelligent Inifity of the Universe manifest and unmanifest, in otherwords, all there is.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #40
Myplanet2
In The Mists

welcome, J W
. That was my hope.

Last edited by Myplanet2; 10-18-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: directed comment
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #41
Treckie
Avalon Senior Member

Thats the thing about religious folk, they only quote and pratice the fluffy bits.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wr8nKsIVnBg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BavRS3xS0..

Being a cymro (Welshman) I follow the teachings of my ancestors, which goes back to the Zep Tepi and beyond. So when I read religious text’s all I see are stories stolen from the ancient Kymry (today’s Cymry/Welsh). Which means most religions are totally living a lie, that includes the “so called new age religion”

Hu Gadarn, to seek again the White Island of the West where their father, Dwy fan, had built the ship of Nefydd Naf Neifion = Noah and his Ark.

Mother nature is all love.
Treckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #42
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

@Kelphi:

Let's stick to the facts: There is no historical proof of the existence of a man named Jezus of Nazareth or Jezus of Bethlehem or jezus called the Christ.

Fact also is that the story of Jezus the Christ is a copy of the story of the birth of Horus, 3500 years older.
This is not the only copy of the story of Horus, there are many.

The story is a symbolic tale about the sun, dying on the (southern)cross, staying in the grave for three days and resurrect (the sun stands still for three days from dec 21 till dec 24) to begin a new cycle of 365 days again.
The twelve followers of the jezus, the sun are the twelve astrological signs.

Christianity also is a typical Northern Hemisphere religion.
All christianity below the equator was forced upon the the peoples living there by the invaders from the north.

There are no written documents about jezus (called the christ) before the writings of a man named Saul of Tarsus, a Roman citizen who discovered that the idea of a new world wide spread religion with one almighty god could bring him power and wealth so he changed his name to Paul and started writing about this new world order putting it into the skin of this old Horus-story and preaching it and he had many disciples.

We are talking about more than a hundred years (6-8 generations) after the beginning of this jewish sect that the first writings surficed.

Then the holy trinity:
Every religion exept christianity knows that children are born from the relation between a man and a woman.
Father, mother and the holy ghost together will bring forth the son.
Father, son and the holy ghost will not do and anyone who believes that's the truth puts lie above truth and closes his eyes for reality.

And Kelphi, I bet you a hundred dollars that when your daughter comes home pregnant, telling you it was the holy ghost, you will not go out and preach that the new messiah is on his way but you will want to know who the father is so you can sew or kill him.

What I mean to say is this:
We have (been) lived by this lie for much too long and the awakening (kristos means light) is near:
We are beginning to see the light, slowly because it is to painfull to open our eyes at once because we will be blinded by it.
We slowly start to see the real demons around us: The followers of Mamon (money) who want to devour us, who create war to make profit to the cost of millions of human lives.
They create scarcety instead of abundance, again for profit no matter if forest, sea and animals die.
They pollute areas so people who lived there for generations have to leave their territory without fighting for it.

We will have to practise what the story (great story although a metaphore) of jezus the christ teaches us:
We will have to learn to love each other and not judge each other.

I personally think christianity has killed more people than the two worldwars together by judging instead of loving.
I don't mind if you want to go on believing a lie as long as you don't try to force it on me anymore; I suffered enough because of it.

As I wrote in another topic that feeding the people that followed Jezus was not the miracle but making them share what they had with them brought abundance.
The truth is always simple:
Don't pray to God to open your eyes: Open them yourself and see your neighbour suffering in poverty and help him out and then wil happen what "christ" said:
What you have done unto the least of my brethern you have done unto me.
Sharing will bring abundance for everybody!

Go out in your street and start feeding the poor and if you can't find them in your street let me know:
We'll find a solution to that.

Last edited by Peer; 10-24-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #43
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelphi View Post
...Not 3 gods, but 3 characteristics of the one God head. I am a father to my children, a husband to my wife and a son to my parents. I am not 3 separate people. God is one...
But you aren't you're children, your wife, and your parents, at the same time though ...unless you want to embrace the Universal One-ness concept?

If you think of the word 'Universe', it means 'all that is'. It includes everything that exists.
That concept even then says something about the nature of the Universe - If the Creator is seperate from the Universe he created then it's not really the 'Universe' is it?
So whatever Universal Intelligence there is must be a part of 'the universe', not seperate.

Quote:
The Old testament pointed to the cross and the new testament pointed back at the cross. The central point to the bible is the cross not self or self awareness or any other new age self doctrine.
The cross is the cross at the centre of the Zodiacal circle.

You may reject that as Pagan (thus 'Satanic') or new agey-ness, but have you ever wondered what was with the 'four living creatures' described in Revelation 4:7 sitting around the throne of God (also Ezekiel 1:10)?
The Lion, the Eagle, the Bull and the Man...?
Yes, each one is one of the four signs at the corners of the zodiacal circle, the cross on which the Sun of God suffers, dies and is reborn...

Yep, the bible is pagan too.

Regarding self-awareness, that is the force behind the Creation.
When the infinite aether first became aware (the birth of 'god') it inevitably then experienced desire.

That desire was for further experience (what else?) So it then devised a method of experiencing, ie. the universe, and us within it, as it's perspectives for this experience.

If you wonder what it could have used to create, it could only be that which itself is made of...
therefore we are all a part of it.
Therefore also none of us could possibly be eternally damned by this Creator.

We needed to be made ignorant though, in order to more fully experience.
Yet we also needed to be able to eventually remember what we really are, in order to join that experience back to the Creator.

So it is that 'experience' inevitably leads to learning and growth, so our awareness increases ...to the point where we finally fully realise our oneness with the source.

It's kind of ingenious, because we couldn't mess it up if we wanted to. It's a natural inevitability that we will eventually return, through awareness, and beyond.

It's a system that doesn't rely on whether or not we come across a certain book or concept in our journey.
There's no instruction guide, or saviour, necessary...
Quote:
There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end leads to death. Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the light, and no one comes to the Father but through me".
This is one of the main flaws I see in the christian story because it damns all those who had/have never even heard about Jesus.
Such a thing is contradictory and incompatible with any claims of justice, love or mercy the bible makes about god, and so shows the bible doesn't even make sense, and that it doesn't really understand the Creator.

But you're better than that.
The fact that you say you feel driven to preach this message shows you have a greater concept of compassion than the god of the bible (or at least of those who invented him).

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 10-19-2008 at 05:50 AM. Reason: misquoted Peer ...woops.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #44
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Why worry. God dosent mind what we call Him.
The God that created the Universe wouldn not be upset what we call him...God would be upset if we did not pray to him. It does not matter where abouts you are in the world, just aslong as you do pray to God. (Most nights before I goto sleep I sometimes pray to him.)

Quote:
Tho shall not covet thy neighbours wife.
I have read the bibles...I have NEVER seen that in there! The commandment is: love thy neighbour as thyself :. It is soo annoying hearing christians talking about the bible...(They should action with the words from the bible, as Jesus took action for the people.)
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #45
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Not the newer edited versions of the bible, but the older copies does have more then the ten commandments. Can anybody remember the two most important commandments? Love God with all your heart and all your soul. Love thy neighbour as thyself.
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #46
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

@ IMA:
looking at the 72 names God must be jewish then...
Old 10-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #47
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

What is sad is the term "sin" I have been doing alot of studying after I heard the pope just add three more mortal sins to the list. My first thought was , How dare he, he isn't god. One of the sins were" it is a sin to not recycle. well my mind was spinning after that one, and I have to come to the term that our creater didn't put out the commandments. The "evil forces" put them out as another form of mind control.

This is what I need to break away from and run like hell

I am finally free in my mind and I believe that there is one god, creator and he is within all of us.....so it makes no difference what you call him. It's how you control your life in a godly manner. I just work very hard on this and not listen to what was drilled into my head for years.

How evil religion really is !
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #48
Corky
Avalon Senior Member

God is love.

Everything else is subterfuge.
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #49
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

thank you peer, for your perspective. i've been preached to enough too, thanks.
it has been my experience that MOST christians are too busy judging their neighbours to love them. if jesus did exist, his commandment of 'love' should be enough for anyone.
let's leave the preaching for the street corner. i think there are more important things to discuss here than narrow-minded christian opinions.

Last edited by Suriel; 10-18-2008 at 06:58 PM.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #50
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Guess you're right but nevertheless there are people who still need rules. I let them.