Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Default Solution to the Authority Hoax: If it isn’t simple, it isn’t accurate.

Excellent read... Keep it Simple!!!

Solution to the Authority Hoax: If it isn’t simple, it isn’t accurate.

Part 1

“Complicated” is a characteristic of either those who do not “know” or explanations by those who do not want us to “know”. “Simple” is always gentler, smoother, and more concise; ergo, more accurate.

Think of all the subjects which we consider to be complicated; rather, that we were told are complicated: medicine, law, religion, politics, banking, etc. Do we really need to know them? Do we even want them in our lives? They were designed for the purpose of controlling us, yet, we can be controlled only if we defer to those who claim to be able to interpret them and “simplify” them for us. From where did they get their information which allows them to know how to simplify complicated disciplines? Now, that’s a facer, isn’t it? It came from the “authorities” who told them that these subjects were complicated and needed interpretation by someone “in authority”. This is tantamount to “teachers teaching teachers teaching teachers.”

In other words, we were deliberately set-up to believe that there are things we must know, yet, can’t possibly know, unless some “authority” explains it all to us. So, those of us who fell for this “authority hoax” seek out doctors, attorneys, bankers, priests, etc. in order to tell us how to run our lives because all we know are the simple aspects of life: health, love, kindness, doing what we love to do and serving our fellow man whilst doing so. There is nothing complicated about those concepts. So, we have been invited to be dependent upon those who claim to know more about something about which we neither need nor want. Also, it evidences that we are continually being conned into believing the main myth – that we are separate; not only separate but also not equal to one another. Weren’t we all born “equal”?

Since I have already exposed the societal weapons of propaganda and control (medicine, law, religion, schooling, etc.), let’s take a look at the original, deliberate deception.

For years, I refused to use the Bible for legal purposes (or for any purpose) because I knew it had been so tampered with, re-written, and altered to suit the agenda of those in control. I continued to hear, “But it is THEIR law book.” I would respond, “Yes, it is THEIR law book, NOT mine.” I knew the entire book was propaganda, fiction and, therefore, inaccurate because it applied to “them”. It had nothing to do with me and I wasn’t about to compromise my integrity by shoving it in their faces any more than I would bring their statutes, laws, etc. to them, in order to support my position. None of it had anything to do with my principles. Why would I make use of or refer to anything that isn’t the “truth”?

further reading

http://spiritualeconomicsnow.net/?p=75

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Solution to the Authority Hoax: If it isn’t simple, it isn’t accurate.

I agree with this man. It looks like the economy today.

On another paralele thought, when someone talks about something, and it is not clear and confusing, it is because it is not clear and confusing in his own mind. A clear understanding of a complexe concept always finds a clear simple way to be 'put into words'.

When extra complicated sophisticated words overflow a text, it is because the intention is not to comunicate, but to confuse...

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 02-02-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
wfranzen
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Solution to the Authority Hoax: If it isn’t simple, it isn’t accurate.

Steven,

Let me clear up what seems to be a common misconception concerning the old Latin mass, at least as far as the language issue goes -- especially since this is the second time this week I have heard something like your claim.

In the first place, the sermons were in the vernacular (English or German in my case), so there was no problem understanding the sermons. The rite itself was in Latin, and it was the same every week so people just picked up Latin (translations were available ).

To someone unfamiliar with the Mass, looking in, it may have appeared as incomprehensible mumbo jumbo, but I assure you, this was not the case. You could go to a Catholic church anywhere in the world and understand what was going on (of course you may not have understood the sermon!).

You may have problems with Catholicism for other reasons (and many people on this forum do), but please stop propagating this “urban myth”.

wfranzen
wfranzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

I would say you could apply exactly this technique for discerning breaking alternative media stories...

I've been on about this recently...

as in KPs 'story' filter:

1) Known Fact plus 2) complicated believable truth = Hoax

It's just a rule of thumb, mind...

No need for anyone to get bent out of shape by it , a truth is a truth wherever you find it, it always speaks for itself.

Peace

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfranzen View Post
Steven,

Let me clear up what seems to be a common misconception concerning the old Latin mass, at least as far as the language issue goes -- especially since this is the second time this week I have heard something like your claim.

In the first place, the sermons were in the vernacular (English or German in my case), so there was no problem understanding the sermons. The rite itself was in Latin, and it was the same every week so people just picked up Latin (translations were available ).

To someone unfamiliar with the Mass, looking in, it may have appeared as incomprehensible mumbo jumbo, but I assure you, this was not the case. You could go to a Catholic church anywhere in the world and understand what was going on (of course you may not have understood the sermon!).

You may have problems with Catholicism for other reasons (and many people on this forum do), but please stop propagating this “urban myth”.

wfranzen
The Latin mass was mumbo jumbo to everyone but the priests (most of whom hadn't a clue either), I was an altar boy and had to learn the whole mass in Latin, it was still used at funerals in the 1960's, we learned by rote, never learning the translation.

In the 1960's Sunday Mass was in English following Vatican II and the flyers had both English and Latin side by side, before that all masses were in Latin so they could have been performing all sorts of witchcraft to the ignorant people most of whom were illiterate until universal education became available following WWII.

Of course the sermons were in the native language, otherwise how could the flock be guided?
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardia View Post
The Latin mass was mumbo jumbo to everyone but the priests (most of whom hadn't a clue either), I was an altar boy and had to learn the whole mass in Latin, it was still used at funerals in the 1960's, we learned by rote, never learning the translation.

In the 1960's Sunday Mass was in English following Vatican II and the flyers had both English and Latin side by side, before that all masses were in Latin so they could have been performing all sorts of witchcraft to the ignorant people most of whom were illiterate until universal education became available following WWII.

Of course the sermons were in the native language, otherwise how could the flock be guided?
Totally agree Feardia and Steven ....

Ii was also a altar boy (amonst other things!!)...so I can relate to what you are saying...Why confuse with mumbo jumbo...No one within our circle had a clue what message was being given!! A farce!!

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!

viking
Old 01-31-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
wfranzen
Avalon Senior Member

Feardia, Viking, Steven,

I make several mistakes in/by making my original post.

1) By making a comment about an issue I ultimately care so little about. I have "no dog in that hunt" as they say, and am not sorry that the Latin mass is (mostly) history. What prompted my remark was sort of a "last straw breaking the camel's back" phenomenon. I have been having my nose tweaked over that past two years by comments on sites like Avalon and others aimed at the Catholic Church, Christianity, and more generally members/followers of organized religions. These posts seem to universally go unchallenged. Within the last week I have been annoyed by comments on another site that I felt deliberately omitted facts and twisted the rest. I also thought some comments in the latest Dot Connector were over the top including the claim that essentially all members of organized religions were mind controlled slaves (it seems Viking may agree though). So I made a comment about something I thought was literally not true based on my experience, and here is where there was another problem, namely

2) a) Making the mistake that my experience was unquestionably the common one and b) that the discussion would not then go on to larger issues. Not that is matters in the grand scheme of things, but I did check with my mom, and since my parents emmigrated to the US in 1956 the German translations of the mass were available in the missals at the church they/we were attending. So Feardia and Viking, when you state your experience was different, I accept that, but don’t make the claim that nobody new what was going on - that is not true either.

Feardia, sorry that your experience was so unpleasant/spiritually unfulfilling/repugnant? But when you make the statement “so they could have been performing all sorts of witchcraft to the ignorant people most of whom were illiterate until universal education became available following WWII”, we are not even on the same planet. This is an example of the type of statement I was talking about in 1) above. And the fact that well over a day and a half later, no one was else was bothered to comment on it speaks volumes for the mindset here at Avalon.

wfranzen
Old 02-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
. I also thought some comments in the latest Dot Connector were over the top including the claim that essentially all members of organized religions were mind controlled slaves (it seems Viking may agree though).
Hi Franzen...

Religions at most part have been introduced over time to control the mass population. I am not saying all people have been taken in by this but the vast majority have been subjected to this type of brainwashing. Let herd the sheeple to the churches. CONTROL ... small part of it ...!

Come on without religions and borders how would the PTW manipulate wars against each other?? Thus feeding there own agenda two fold...money and emotion... Its a vicious circle and it goes on and on and on!! Jump out of the loop to the realisation that religions are an invention by the power hungry elite to control us!!

viking
Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Steven,

Let me clear up what seems to be a common misconception concerning the old Latin mass, at least as far as the language issue goes -- especially since this is the second time this week I have heard something like your claim...
Hello Wfranzen. I am sorry if I offended you in some ways, I will withdraw my example, it was only an example anyway.

I want to assure you that I really respect many many aspect in All religions, including mine, which is catholic. It does not bother me to be baptised at all, but I do not go to assist church celebration since if I had the chance to say out loud my own spirituality in a celebration, I wouldn't make much friends out there, hehe.

Here is a post I made to show how important Christ is to me.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...881#post223881

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #10
wfranzen
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Steven, and Viking.

This is the first time I have revisited this thread since my last post. After some reflection, I believe I overreacted greatly and would like to apologize to the both of you. I will also be sending an email directly to Feardia.

Peace

wfranzen
Old 02-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Hey no worries Franzen...

viking
Old 02-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #12
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

“Complicated” is a characteristic of either those who do not “know” or explanations by those who do not want us to “know”. “Simple” is always gentler, smoother, and more concise; ergo, more accurate.

absolutly great advice worth repeating..

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Sweety (stupid works to...or sexy lol )
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
Clarityofawareness
Avalon Senior Member

Did I recently post something similar to this post?

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20272

How simple or not should anything be before we label it being what ever? That's why I'm exploring more perspectives concerning what I call "the blame game". Such as who's fault is any hoax? All this, is a subject that seems so deep that it's easily "labeled" extremely taboo or even secretive for any society to explore. I did not come to this post in order to change it's topic. So please do not discuss the above link here. At least to a certain degree? I dunno. I try to be as polite as I can and I'm not here to step on anybody's shoes. I just believe that all reality is one or connected. There are no separation except that which you chose experience with.

Kevin
Clarityofawareness is offline   Reply With Quote