Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Australia and New Zealand

Notices

Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 AM   #101
Peace2all
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMatter View Post
To ALL Victorian Ground Crew Members
I spoke on the telephone with sirdiablo69 last night for about an hour, and he had some very interesting and great ideas on how to go about things when it comes to crunch time. Unfortunately he cannot make it to the meeting on the 24th, and I understand fully his reasons. But hopefully he and I will meet up personally to discuss things in more detail, to which I will relay to all attending the meeting.
Take care all and peace be with you.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter

P.S. We need more members to pledge themselves for the meeting. So far the response has been a tad poor. DON'T worry we won't bite.
HI All,
Just read about this and its a great idea, I'll be there on 24th and will look out for black/white t-shirts?
Peace2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #102
Hoss the SURVIVER
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Melbourne/Victoria

HI ALL

Apart from the fact that i hate Crap-city?

I'm on a disability pension, I am not going anywhere.

Hoss
E G mTaps for us
Hoss the SURVIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #103
Peace2all
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, I just joined and sorry for trivial question but my picture which I uploaded from browse in set up page does not show on this page? Any hints? Also looking forward to meeting on Oct 24. .... PEP
Old 10-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #104
Johnno

Thumbs up Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Hello to you Hoss the SURVIVER and welcome.

Quote:
HI ALL

Apart from the fact that i hate Crap-city?

I'm on a disability pension, I am not going anywhere.

Hoss
E G mTaps for us
I take it that you won't attend the meeting on the 24th???
By the way, the info you provided in regards to cleaning material is excellent. Many thanx for that.
Take care my friend and I look forward to more post from you.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 10-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #105
Johnno

Unhappy Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Quote:
Afraid I won't be able to make it (health issues) and a long way to travel.
I'm sorry you can't make it to the meeting, but I'm more sorry that you are not well. I hope you get much better soon.

Quote:
But I wish you all the best of luck.
Thank you Aussie Babe, its very much appreciated.
Please take care and get well soon.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 10-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #106
Johnno

Hello and welcome to you Peace2all.
I'll smack your name onto our list, and thank you for participating.
Look forward to reading your posts and meeting you on the 24th.
Take care.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter

Last edited by Johnno; 10-09-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #107
Hoss the SURVIVER
Avalon Senior Member

HI ALL

Info D M I've been er liberating it ever since i got on the net..

Then taking what i'm interested in and compiling it in a pdf doc

Be carefull what yee ask for You may get it

Hoss
E G M
Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #108
Johnno

Quote:
HI ALL

Info D M I've been er liberating it ever since i got on the net..

Then taking what i'm interested in and compiling it in a pdf doc

Be carefull what yee ask for You may get it

Hoss
E G M
Hello Hoss,
Would be great if you could put it in pdf format. Provided it isn't too much of a hassle to do so.
Take care my friend.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter

Last edited by Johnno; 10-08-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:14 AM   #109
Hoss the SURVIVER
Avalon Senior Member

HI ALL

The meeting would be very unlikely I'm A single person on a disability pension.. I live ob 273 odd dollars a week. After all bills are out not much of anything left.

It is not a case of life ain't easy, more a case of REAL MONGERAL.

I found a program on the net called TOMAHAWK PDF + freeware2005.06.15 it converts to PDF via Rich text format. I've taken bits n pieces of what interests me into W/doc the save as RTF then run TOMAHAWK n PDF it

Tis a handy little program

Hoss
E G M
Old 10-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #110
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Hello Dark Matter! Good to see you got back in one piece, didn't fly Qantas did you? lol.

Thank you for your kind words I would love to be able to go to the meet and hopefully there will be a good turnout.
Welcome Hoss ... the more the merrier!
Is it my imagination or has this thread slowed down? Maybe all busy getting their preps together!

Peace to you all
Barb
Aussie Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #111
Johnno

Quote:
Hello Dark Matter! Good to see you got back in one piece, didn't fly Qantas did you? lol.
No, but a worse airline: Jetstar
Here's what happened:
Stupid me didn't book the flight correctly. I asked to go to the Gold Coast.
When we arrived, I asked someone if I could get a taxi to our resort hotel. I was told it will cost around $400.00. "What???!!!", I said.
She told me we were 300k's away from that resort. She told us we should have booked to go to the Sunshine Coast, not the Gold Coast.
So we had to catch a taxi to the nearest railway station. Catch a train to take us to Brisbane Airport. Catch a shuttle bus from there to our resort hotel.
After three or so hours we finally got there.
Saturday morning I ring Jetstar to have our return flight transfered to the Sunshine Coast Airport, and was told it wasn't possible with the type of tickets I booked. Gritting my teeth, I had to book a new flight that set me back $474.00.
Jetstar have now been written off in my book.

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words I would love to be able to go to the meet and hopefully there will be a good turnout.
Your most welcome for the kind words.

Quote:
Is it my imagination or has this thread slowed down? Maybe all busy getting their preps together!
It has slowed down a tad. Hopefully we'll get more response as we near the meeting deadline.

How are you feeling??? Good I hope. Did you get my get well card???
Take care Barb, you look after yourself.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #112
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Gday All,
you are correct barb the thread is rather slow, so here some gos lve spoken to another avalon member recently by phone several times over the past couple of days and ge has reported his intentions to travel to the vic alpine region in search for some safe havens. He also admitted to spending about $1000 on grocery items, in case of an unexpected food shortage.
l spoke with Dark Matter tonight over the phone, l must confess he is as nice in person as he is on this forum. l tend to dominate the conversations, in spite of that fault, Dark Matter still manages to be both polite, mature, combined with a strong foundation in common scenes. Which for me is like a breath of fresh air, even more so in contrast to some of us dealing in idealistic goals, that all too often lack any real practical application.
sirdiablo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #113
Robski
Avalon Senior Member

Hello to all the existing Melb/Vic Ground Crew,

I believe we all find ourselves in very exciting and awakening times to the survival and joys of life.
I'm based in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne FYI. Many people with whom I speak with are becoming disheartened with the current way of life and are seeking alternative measures for greater happiness. Governments, religious figures are being exposed for who they really are and an awakening process is coming of age at a time of great need. My energies are primarily focused on spreading the word out to everyone I meet in the hope that more conscious thinking of our existence is developed and resonates throughout this planet.
I look forward in attending the meeting on the 24th and hope to round up as many like minded people on the day. DM I will confirm the numbers of attendees from the Northern Suburbs closer to the date if that's ok.

Also I've read some of the threads about how some of us are already collecting canned products as part of our survival mechanism. A word of caution here; canned products have a shelf life of generally 6 months. However, some canned foods may have a longer shelf life than originally stated depending on whether or not the product is more acidic than others. Higher acid based canned foods will certainly have a shorter shelf life.

I look forward in reciprocating via this needed thread with you all.
Robski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #114
Johnno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdiablo69
l spoke with Dark Matter tonight over the phone, l must confess he is as nice in person as he is on this forum. l tend to dominate the conversations, in spite of that fault, Dark Matter still manages to be both polite, mature, combined with a strong foundation in common scenes. Which for me is like a breath of fresh air, even more so in contrast to some of us dealing in idealistic goals, that all too often lack any real practical application.
Thank you sirdiablo69, your comments are very much appreciated.
I have a great deal of patience for you as I value your views, common sense and your outlook to the possible problems ahead. You are the only one I know of that has the foresight in covering every aspect in regards to the worst case scenario/s.
I feel you have very much to contribute to the Ground Crew and I look forward to more future discussions.
Take care my friend and we'll talk again soon.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter

Last edited by Johnno; 10-09-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #115
Johnno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robski
Hello to all the existing Melb/Vic Ground Crew,

I believe we all find ourselves in very exciting and awakening times to the survival and joys of life.
I'm based in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne FYI. Many people with whom I speak with are becoming disheartened with the current way of life and are seeking alternative measures for greater happiness. Governments, religious figures are being exposed for who they really are and an awakening process is coming of age at a time of great need. My energies are primarily focused on spreading the word out to everyone I meet in the hope that more conscious thinking of our existence is developed and resonates throughout this planet.
I look forward in attending the meeting on the 24th and hope to round up as many like minded people on the day. DM I will confirm the numbers of attendees from the Northern Suburbs closer to the date if that's ok.

Also I've read some of the threads about how some of us are already collecting canned products as part of our survival mechanism. A word of caution here; canned products have a shelf life of generally 6 months. However, some canned foods may have a longer shelf life than originally stated depending on whether or not the product is more acidic than others. Higher acid based canned foods will certainly have a shorter shelf life.

I look forward in reciprocating via this needed thread with you all.
Hello Robski and a very warm welcome.
Excellent thoughts and views there Robski. I feel you have much to contribute to the Ground Crew. I'm very happy to have you aboard.
Take care and peace be with you.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 10-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #116
Hoss the SURVIVER
Avalon Senior Member

HI ALL

I think it is a sign of the times!

With an uncertain future and a lying political system BUT
BE HAPPY things can get WORSE

SO SMILE BE HAPPY n
SHARPEN DEE KUKKRI

We are not in the 1930's yet

Hoss
E G M

Last edited by Hoss the SURVIVER; 10-10-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #117
Johnno

Talking Date Muck Up

To ALL Attending the Meeting

Seems that the date of the meeting is incorrect. Its not on the 24th, its on the 25th. The 24th is a Friday.
I'm sure this shouldn't matter, but if it does upset someones plans, then please let us know.
I've amended the date in our attendee list.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 10-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #118
Johnno

Smile What a Buzz

I have to say that I'm starting to get back my natural high. The same one I had during the Nexus Conference.
I had the most wondrous day yesterday and the night before.
The night before I called sirdiablo69 and had a great conversation with him, as he pointed out in his last post. He is a man with great ideas and was a joy speaking with him.
Yesterday I got a surprise phone call from Aussie Babe. She is one awesome lady and is another valuable member of the Victorian Ground Crew. It was as if we had been friends for years. It was such a joy talking to her and getting to know each other. She was the spark of the day, and I thank her dearly for it.
Last night I received a call from Lt Ripley. Boy, can my day get any better.
We had a great conversation and talked about many varied themes. I could not believe the intelligence of this young lady, intelligence beyond her years. If I didn't know better, I would have thought she was a woman well into her 40's.
I cannot say in words what these telephone calls meant to me, all I can say that it was pure rapture, and Lt Ripley's call was the cream on the cake.
I'm putting this to you all just to demonstrate how wonderful people are with common goals and ideas can be. Its a kin that I, in all my 48 years (nearly 49) have never felt before. This is why now, I urge those who have not committed to attending the meeting on the 25th, you do so. You won't believe how good you will feel.
I'm sorry if you feel the above is not appropriate, but I felt I had to let people know the joy of talking to people that are on the same page.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 10-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #119
Lt Ripley
Avalon Senior Member

Hey everyone,

Thanks again to DarkMatter for going out on a limb and organising the Melb Ground Crew meeting on the 25th October.

I had the pleasure of speaking to DarkMatter on Friday and it was so refreshing to come across someone who not only thinks along the same lines as yourself, but actually understands and acknowledges your opinions and ideas. I have to admit, coming to Tuesday Oct 7, I was in panic mode and I really feared for the worst. Speaking to DarkMatter about the situation really put my mind at ease and it really helped to gain a different perspective on the matter at hand...I panicked for nothing!

But once again, that's what being a member of the GC is really about!

On another note, my sister and I are making GC T-shirts for everyone attending the GC meeting on the 25th! I hope this helps motivate some people who are hiding to come out and join us for a laugh and a good ol' chat.

These will be hand-made and custom made to tailor each person as a consequence, I would be really appreciative if everyone attending could PM me their size. The T-shirts at this point we've chosen will be black, but we will jazz them up with some cool colours. Don't worry, we will not be picking out "happy" colours for the guys!

Thanks once again guys and see you all soon!
Lt Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #120
Peace2all
Avalon Senior Member

Hi DarkMatter and all, We are really looking forward to the meeting on the 25th but my hubby was just wondering if meeting in the city was a good idea? His concerns are CCTV (cameras), ground crew t-shirts matched to our faces, etc.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #121
Johnno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
Thanks again to DarkMatter for going out on a limb and organising the Melb Ground Crew meeting on the 25th October.
Thank you Lt Ripley, your an angel. Here's a kiss at ya....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
On another note, my sister and I are making GC T-shirts for everyone attending the GC meeting on the 25th! I hope this helps motivate some people who are hiding to come out and join us for a laugh and a good ol' chat.

These will be hand-made and custom made to tailor each person as a consequence, I would be really appreciative if everyone attending could PM me their size. The T-shirts at this point we've chosen will be black, but we will jazz them up with some cool colours. Don't worry, we will not be picking out "happy" colours for the guys!
This is absolutely superb. Many heartfelt thanks to Lt Ripley and Don'tPanic for the fantastic idea and for providing the tee-shirts. Here's a kiss for the both of you....
Thank you once again. I can't wait to see and wear them.
Take care Lt Ripley.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 10-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #122
Johnno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace2all
Hi DarkMatter and all, We are really looking forward to the meeting on the 25th but my hubby was just wondering if meeting in the city was a good idea? His concerns are CCTV (cameras), ground crew t-shirts matched to our faces, etc.
Hello Peace2all,
I can understand your fears, but I thought it best to meet in a public place so no one, especially the ladies, will not feel cornered if we say went to someones house or in a bar etc.
I was thinking of going to the square just to hook up, then go to say a cafe so we can have coffee's, and hopefully that may put everyone at ease.
I'm open to suggestions though. This meeting isn't in concrete and we can always make changes.
Please understand this: I am NOT the leader of the Melbourne/Victoria Ground Crew, even though I was the one that pushed this off. There is no one leader. Perhaps in the near future if we form a committee with various delegates, then yes, we may make someone President.
I have to tell you this:
I got another surprise today, Robski called me this arvo and we spoke for a bit. He was wondering what the agenda of the meeting might be. I was thinking of this as being a way to see the faces behind the user names and getting to know each other. Once we've become familiar and are at ease, I was hoping to limit the discussion to what our fears are, then this will give us a basis to work on at our next meeting. But if anyone wants to get deeper into the future issues, then by all means lets talk.
After this meeting, I was hoping to organize another two weeks later to be held at my place in Deer Park. Drinks and eats will be provided. Anyone wanting to crash at my place is more than welcome, especially if you've traveled from afar. But this can be all discussed on the 25th.
Once again, I'm open to any suggestions you may put, don't worry I won't bite.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 10-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #123
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Gday All,
good to hear you all touching base with Dark Matter, those that have already spoken with him will already know he is good natured guy. l hope to have the opportunity to meet with some of you in person if you happen to follow up the city meet with a meet at Dark Matters place
ciao
Old 10-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #124
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace2all View Post
Gday Peacetoall,
l believe you are right on the mark, in fact even if their are no cctv l am dam sure the meet will be monitered, as is most likely this web site and all the postings.
l hope you all realize that this web site is in the USA and the recent changes to their laws allows the governerment to legally monitor all emails/phone calls/ faxes etc, just so you know we havent slipped under the radar.
l also hope you all know that the howard govt gave the US govt the leagal rights to grab any aussie they believe to be a potential terrorist and take them out of OZ.
You all do realize that to qualify as a suspected terrorist is as simple as breaking any US law as well that they dont need any evidence just a suspiscion, so we all qualify.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #125
Robski
Avalon Senior Member

To live in fear is worst still. CCTV camera's or none should be furtherst from our minds before or when we all meet.
Our very survival is at stake here. Hence our gathering in summary is about hope, love and peace in which the joys of living is structured upon.

Robski is offline   Reply With Quote