Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Radiant zones and communities building..where are we up to ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Great news Artvision.We really needed something in Europe.
That is really lovely .
Have you started to build anything there already ?

Loving kindness
mudra
Not quite, I didn't start the housing yet, but I did conceive the project, the architect finished it and is supposed to be handed for official approval. The issue is that the lack of $$$$ made me stop for the moment. Anyway, I keep a low profile for the house, the basement is half dig into the ground, made by steel reinforced concrete, which would serve as a bunker, in case high wind speed, vault, etc while the upper part, consisting as ground floor and first floor would be made by wood, having a color for blending nicely into forest background. Though the house is on a hill, is not directly into the woods (to prevent take fire, in case of a wildfire) but is hidden from the view, from the access road. (there even is not a road there, made of dirt or something). Somebody from Germany already build a vacation house, made entirely from stone and another person made a house of bricks.

There is a middle voltage power line, crossing in vicinity of land and the landlord said it would be feasible to get a transformation station for all those 20 lots there, in the future. This would be good, but for the long term we could use solar and wind energy (it is always sunshine and are some strong winds, even though my house would somehow be protected, because is not quite on the top hill.I can put some pics for the project if is of interest for somebody.

The issue, is that from my calculation a 3-4 bedroom house, made of wood would not exceed 20,000 EUROS to be build. Plus adding a 3-5000 EUROS for installation& issues. I discussed last year with a wooden house making company, they would work very cheap. Would be great if we would gather some of us (unfortunately there are not many lots left not sold), because would be cheaper for everyone, by splitting the renting of earth digging tools, the company will work cheaper and us we could do ourselves a lot of chores there, helping each other, watching for the things not getting stolen, etc. I have qualification in a lot of domains, I was a handy guy, but now I'm very lazy; a project like this would give me a shake like a kick in my beside ...

So, in the vicinity rural villages, there are persons might sell some arable lands, which would be good for farming and sustaining animal, which would make the perfect retreat. The villagers seemed very serious to me, very proud and helpful after they get to know you better. The rural community is 5-6 km away, is very good is not very far away in case SHTF and we need to defeat ourselves, but also a good distance for our privacy.

I know is a dream, but really I'm very focused on TEOTWAWKI issue, I collected a lot of books, I have an impressive collection ebooks, some from Avalon, some from SCRIBD, etc, also bought some hardcopy such Holly Deyo's Dare to prepare, lots of survival equipment: heirloom seeds, MMS, medical and dental stuff, nuclear detector, LED's head lamp, 5-season tent, sleeping bags -40 deg Celsius, Goretex clothes, mountain boots, EMP shielding, etc, etc (I spent several thousands of dollars for that, starting from spring in 2008 until late autumn, when culminated with acquisition of this piece of land; but as the crisis unfold, a lot of problems hit my business and this reflected on my financial status). The issue with the survival is much complicated as seen from the beginner view. We should have retreats prepared but also, the bug-out even from there, in case of a heavy atack, hiding in caves, etc...

A very good information, that is presented as a adventure reading is "Triple Ought" by James Wesley Rawles, which you can download from here:

http://survivalbible2001.com/SB-2001...ON/001gray.htm

Also I want to thank people from Avalon, for giving me the courage to try the Miracle Mineral Supplement; without you guys, really I wouldn't have courage to take something from internet !

So, this is it, my preparation for the TEOTWAWKI issue, not much , but the psychological part is very important. Developing a strong will, along with the skills and theoretical knowledge, even though I want be closer to the physical retreat construction and start farming and retreat experience on-the-job, seems that I have to wait some, until I will collect more money to start the construction. In the mean time I need to make lists with lots of materials and things I need there, just when the money arrive, not waste much time and buy it all in one shot, maybe I will get also a bargain for that.

If there will be no SHTF any time soon (but I doubt about that, it will happen soon), as per avoiding other family member think I'm crazy , I can say this is a nice vacation house build in a very picturesque mountain area. It was a nice thread here on Avalon about convincing family and stuff. Really is very difficult, but this kind of vision made the difference from living or dying.

Hope that I didn't bothered you guys, with my mumbling about survival and retreats.

Last edited by artvision; 07-19-2009 at 02:33 PM.
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote