Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
Lost soul
Avalon Senior Member

Default meditation question

I started meditating again about a year ago. A few months ago, I started getting a sensation that caused my head to rotate starting first with gentle, small rotations and then growing into larger, faster rotation. Initially I was scared and deliberately stopped myself. Later I allow it to happen. Can anybody explain it please?

Second question is sometimes when I meditate, I feel a burst that starts from the top of the head and sweeps downward. In that very brief time, a sense of euphoria is felt. What's that?

Thanks in advance to all who help and please, don't laugh too hard.
Lost soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
dim
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: meditation question

used to have those sensations too but never got an explanation
dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
Firedrake
Avalon Senior Member

These are very good things to be experiencing when meditating.

I have been experiencing both of those things for awhile in my meditations. If you research Kunlun or buy Max Christensen's book, it can help explain a lot.

The head and neck swirling is the 'Cosmic Energy' or whatever term you would like to use for Universal Love Energy, entering your head and down your body, clearing and rejuvenating your etheric body. This is happening because you are allowing it in by stilling your mind and feeling your inner core, or heart. The swaying can become greater in motion depending on how much the person needs to clear energy in their body.

I believe the burst may be you opening your third eye/pineal gland and allowing more energy to flow inward, and yes, it is very euphoric.

Keep it up you are doing wonderful!

May I recommend that you allow the breath to 'breathe itself' or 'let your body breathe for you', and allow it to become more and more shallow if that is where it takes you. When I do this my heartbeats become like tiny micro breaths and I eventually quit breathing in the normal sense; which in Kunlun is called energetically collapsing the Sun and Moon channels, which is what we always have active when breathing normally. This keeps us in a state of duality. When the Sun and Moon channels are collapsed or switched off the central channel becomes activated, and in this state we can experience what is called a 'Kundalini' rising, and can have a conscious 'death' experience.

I feel that as more of us access our 'Golden Dragon bodies' or 'lightbody', those around us can feel it and it helps them feel what they need to do to heal.

-Love and Light-

Last edited by Firedrake; 02-05-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Firedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

Regarding your first question: Repetitive movement of some part of the body during meditation is fairly common for a person relatively new to meditation. It's considered a good thing. I believe it has something to do with freeing your energy field from some repetitive habits -- or from some of your conditioning. Conditioning is always quite robotic or mechanical, really. In the Jewish faith, swaying your body from the waist up up and down is considered a desirable way to pray.

Regarding your second question: I believe that energy coming in from the top of your head is caused by exactly what Firedrake said was behind your first question. I would put it this way. There's a point (a chakra) about 8 or 9 inches above the head. That point is known in many meditation traditions as "the oversoul". It's the point where, energetically speaking, you connect with the entire universe -- or at least the entire physical universe. Once a person learns to meditate well, during meditation healing/divine/life energy comes pouring in from the oversoul and then into the body, entering the body at the top of the head. The fact that you can feel this is a very good sign indeed. Congratulations! If I were in your position, I wouldn't change anything anything for now.
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi
There is a thread that was on front page several weeks back on Kundalini. Cant remember the exact title but if you look back on spiritual threads you will find it.
The "symptoms" expressed in opening post here are classic Kundalini and a great gift.

Regards Chris

PS I also mentioned it briefly early on in the Ego what is it how to transcend? thread
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #6
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost soul View Post
I started meditating again about a year ago. A few months ago, I started getting a sensation that caused my head to rotate starting first with gentle, small rotations and then growing into larger, faster rotation. Initially I was scared and deliberately stopped myself. Later I allow it to happen. Can anybody explain it please?

Second question is sometimes when I meditate, I feel a burst that starts from the top of the head and sweeps downward. In that very brief time, a sense of euphoria is felt. What's that?

Hi here is the kundalini yoga thread
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19503

Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member

these are great questions!!

i have had these too, and when you do not react to them, but just let yourself be aware of them - a multitude of spiritual things can take place.

What happened with me is that i went into the tunnel that "near death experiencers" talk about, and a feeling of the utmost love encompassed me. it's something that i will never forget.

Also, this "rotating" or gyrating/vibration in your head you talk about (from my perspective), is your mind generating a different vibration. Just go with it. Sounds like you're a great meditator!
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 AM   #8
Lost soul
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you guys. I'm glad to have virtual teachers like yourselves.

Next question.

During one meditation I experienced one of those euphoric moments that started again like all the others. This time, as it swept down, I saw a black field with intersecting and orderly white lines. Immediately I thought, "Plaid. Wow. Cool." Is there any significance to the plaid?
Lost soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member

Hey dude

I kinda get what you mean. For myself, i describe it like the white static when you close your eyes started to fade towards my peripherals and when i was left with this pitch black darkness in my "mind's eye", something like an electrical shock went through my body.

What happened next is what some buddhists describe as "Coming face to face with god".

It was incredible!
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #10
Firedrake
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Thank you guys. I'm glad to have virtual teachers like yourselves.

Next question.

During one meditation I experienced one of those euphoric moments that started again like all the others. This time, as it swept down, I saw a black field with intersecting and orderly white lines. Immediately I thought, "Plaid. Wow. Cool." Is there any significance to the plaid?
I have seen this before just upon waking, and also with the aid of plant spirits. 'The Grid' is usually what comes in my mind. I think it is the checkerboard of duality perhaps,
and/or the psychic energy lines of Gaia.

I am sure TraineeHuman could provide more clarity.

-Love and Light-

Last edited by Firedrake; 02-06-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Firedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

Lost Soul: Once a person is able to meditate very well as you obviously can, they’ll sometimes see all kinds of images. These images can be all sorts of things: scenes from past lifetimes (maybe not on this planet or dimension), from probable future lifetimes, energies of all kinds, dimensions of all kinds – such as worlds or “landscapes” made entirely out of symbols, or out of subtle thoughts or intuitions / pure ideas, or out of light, or out of endless craziness that’s totally fun, and that’s just mentioning a few of the possibilities. If you watch the images you might notice you’re traveling through time, say, or through something even stranger.

Most of the various different meditation schools or methods I’ve come across tell you to do one of two things. Either they tell you to ignore all that “scenery” and let it go, to place no significance on it whatsoever, and to just keep flowing into the “emptiness” of pure consciousness. Or else they tell you to briefly note it and then, as in the previous case, to drop it, to ignore it. This is the quickest path to liberation, and to increasing the bliss in your life and healing the conscious and sub-conscious pain you carry from the emotional scars you have received in your life.

From that point of view, worrying about the significance of images you see is unproductive and unimportant. On the other hand, let’s assume you have the time to meditate properly (deeply) for a quarter of an hour or half an hour a day. Once you have completed that much meditation for the day, if you have time to spare you may like to go into a meditative condition, where you are somewhat detached from your five senses, and deliberately look at the images and seek to follow them and understand them. In that case they’ll soon start running in sequences like part of a movie. The movie may not make sense at first. So keep practising. You are now in the territory of astral travel and remote viewing and clairvoyance and creative inspiration. This is a big field. In my experience it’s very useful to learn to “fly”: to detach or “externalise” from your body so that you can actually travel in other dimensions or worlds. Maybe the easiest way to learn to “fly” (which itself is very joyful, kind of like driving at a high speed but without danger of crashing) is through learning traditional “astral travel”, which involves using your astral body. (Because I sometimes have the ability to be aware of dead people, I've often seen somebody who I used to know who dies come back to say hello and that they're (usually) doing great after several days, and they're often at that point carried away by the joy of flying everywhere, like a kid with his/her first proper bicycle.) I prefer not to use any body at all, but to travel as a kind of point of light or of universal consciousness.

Going back to the meaning of the “grid” you saw: you yourself would have been the best person to identify what it meant – but you needed to say what it meant without you doing any thinking. Your subconscious or unconscious mind speaks to you in symbols. The straight lines certainly suggest something artificially constructed by your rational mind. It could mean a gate, or prison bars – maybe being opened or removed? The very pleasant “blackness” you mention is presumably what the Buddhists call the Void. That’s really the divine or universal worlds (or “the universe” or “God”, if you like), maybe perceived from within one of the worlds of formlessness, which are at a slightly lower level.

Firedrake: I've seen something very similar to the pattern you describe. I believe it's connected to partially switching off the five senses -- and therefore also colour and shape. Physics tells us that colour doesn't actually exist in the external world -- that it's purely an illusion our minds create in response to certain energy frequencies. I believe when you're seeing that pattern you have your thinking brain disengaged somewhat -- and you're seeing a more accurate picture of what's really there.
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #12
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Hello lost soul here is a link that answers many questions about meditation
It was posted by SiriArc on the clicking the amygdala forward thread:
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19806

http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #13
jacody
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I randomly feel the second wether i'm meditating or not.
jacody is offline   Reply With Quote