Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 02:42 AM   #1
way
Avalon Senior Member

Default cloudy horizon looks like 4-d image!

this evening, after sunset for about 20min, many football fields in size out over the bay of bellingham the clouds formed a sweet landscape image. A very good artist could probably paint this well. Looked like a valley and mountain range in snow and moonlight. I could look at it as a desert or something else, but I am good at seeing many things from one image. Never seen a 3-d image like this in the sky before. Below is more details and speculation:

Just after sunset on bellingham bay the view from my deck near downtown was the most amazing i seen yet. The sky was dark blue through white and about half filled with clouds, but in a very interesting way. The shading from light to dark in the clouds was such that perspective and lighting were as detailed and beautiful as a painting. It looked like a REALLY good painting of a mountain ridge separating two valleys. There were rolling hills leading up to steep semi-shaded terrain to a higher plain. looked like a snow covered mountain area in moonlight. It could have been a desert or ocean, as I'm able to see different things in the same image, painting or clouds. It lasted for about 10-20 min and was very large. Hard to tell how big or how far away but maybe 1-2km and 300 by 200 meters (much larger than a football field) Thousands of other people could have seen it, but I stared at the horizon for a while before I was able to see it. Like looking at a magic eye. I stare at the sky a lot and am good at seeing like that. I don't know if anyone else recognized it or if it was natural or not. maybe these are common with the right lighting and you just have to be observant.

I called it 4-d because as it got darker the image changed. I watched the sunset, then watched the moon set on a snowy mountain landscape. But the image faded as this happened. Lasted 10-20min. Then atleast 3 emergency vehicles turned on sirens around the city and drove fast scaring me. haha
way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: cloudy horizon looks like 4-d image!

Sounds great, did you take a picture?
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote