Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
arcora
Banned

Default A suggestion for Mods (Hall Monitors)

I know this forum is in its infancy. However, is there a cohesive policy for mods that relates to moving and closing threads?

The reason I ask is, I see an open thread with a purported photo of a 'light being'. Yet I see another closed thread with a purported photo of an ET.

What's the difference between these two threads?

What's especially worrisome is the comment by the mod who closed the ET thread. "Closed because the OP expected it".

Are we in junior high school here? Was this thread closed because of Avalon policy or was it muscle/ego flexing?

If there is an established policy, I would expect it to be enforced consistently. If there is no established policy, may I suggest establishing one?

The risk we run is that the forum turns into a sounding board for the views of the moderators rather than the users.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A suggestion for Mods (Hall Monitors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
The risk we run is that the forum turns into a sounding board for the views of the moderators rather than the users.
Lol thank god this forum is not for a MMORPG game or I'd agree with that quote =P
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

HOW ABOUT APPRECIATING the good work they are doing...as, i believe, they all do it, for NO pay !!!

THEY SHOULD ALL be congratulated on the fine work
they are doing -- they are all very lovely, and, nice people
with huge hearts, and, are doing the very best they can
in some pretty trying times -- so, BIG KUDOS to the mods

How about offering up, some valid suggestions,
to this link, on how things could operate better,
rather, than tossing "crap" at them,
in light, of the number of them,
and, the number of members,
the moderators, are doing a great job
and, so are, Bill & Kerry

i can only imagine, how crazy, all this must appear to them

if you have valid suggestions
perhaps, instead of emailing them,
put them on this link,
and, then, they could refer to just this link

one thought that crosses my mind:

A List of TOPICs,
and, perhaps, in that area,
there is only one fixed thread,
and, no ability to start a new thread !!!

Perhaps, we could table suggestions here

brightest blessings to all
susan ~ white lotus star
the eXchanger

if we look down the list of topics for the first 15 pages--
how many of the threads, are on the same darn topic !!!
perhaps, there might be a way, to combine many threads, into just one thread !!!
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:46 AM   #4
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: A suggestion for Mods (Hall Monitors)

A bright never disapointing light stated:

"there might be a way, to combine many threads, into just one thread !!!"

After a couple of weeks of 'silence' on a topic/subject, that might be a good idea, and gather knowledge of that thread about that subject, then store the subject and combined posts/replies as a book, in a library..
For reference... And later threads on the same subject can also be added to it.

A growing knowledge base..

1 vote in favor here.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:28 AM   #5
Cookie
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks, Susan, for your understanding words!

Hi, arcora, this forum is very very new and has grown beyond anyone's expectations. We are trying desperately to keep up... we do need more moderators so that we can do all the housekeeping needed! Please bear with us a little longer while we get everything sorted.

Peace...Cookie
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:24 AM   #6
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

We needn’t continually applaud moderators. Most especially when it is not a collective decision but purely based on their views or what they deem avalon worthy. That is the saddest statement of all I have read on here directly from a moderator followed by a statement alluding to the fact that information of this nature may be found on other sites.

From a thread titled The thread that goes against everything we want...
The discussion of using guns for survival, although relevant, is not what we're happy seeing posted on Avalon. There are numerous other sites to find this information."

Noooo, that’s not biased or judgmental at all.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #7
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

Hey, completely agree with exchanger....appreciation and gratitude are completely free last time i checked...

MMe can i ask why u feel it is required to criticise a forum and its genuinely good-natured and dedicated workers...a forum designed and implemented for people like us...well most of us...to come together and discuss/create a more positive future for us all...
In all honestly, bearing in mind the forum's infancy and influx of its members, do u not think that all negative and critical comments will do nothing but slow down the process of what we all want to achieve ultimately?
I mean no offense to you or anyone...and ofcourse i am sure the mods, bill and kerry welcome and respectfively need feedback from every participant who uses the site and forum but when it is clearly on a sarcastic and unhelpful level...i just feel they are not needed.
Again i mean no offense

there are no coincidences

peace
bananaman

Last edited by mikey; 09-28-2008 at 07:38 AM.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 AM   #8
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
Hey, completely agree with exchanger....appreciation and gratitude are completely free last time i checked...

MMe can i ask why u feel it is required to criticise a forum and its genuinely good-natured and dedicated workers...a forum designed and implemented for people like us...well most of us...to come together and discuss/create a more positive future for us all...
In all honestly, bearing in mind the forum's infancy and influx of its members, do u not think that all negative and critical comments will do nothing but slow down the process of what we all want to achieve ultimately?
I mean no offense to you or anyone...and ofcourse i am sure the mods, bill and kerry welcome and respectfully need feedback from every participant who uses the site and forum but when it is clearly on a sarcastic and unhelpful level...i just feel they are not needed.
Again i mean no offense

there are no coincidences

peace
bananaman
You have a problem with everything I hapen to say. The fact is that it was your post. Talk about sarcastic and unhelpful?! We disagree, I could leave it at that but you just couldnt. Had to chase me here to defend your hate of a tool? Wow, that was clearly not needed, wuz it? Pretty negative act on your part.

Ive no other words for you beyond the fact that I feel sorry for you. Ive not been sarcastic, If you find what I wrote about your posted thread unhelpful, then by all means do not regard anything I have to say in future. I assure, I will do likewise to you.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:20 AM   #9
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMe M View Post
You have a problem with everything I hapen to say. The fact is that it was your post. Talk about sarcastic and unhelpful?! We disagree, I could leave it at that but you just couldnt. Had to chase me here to defend your hate of a tool? Wow, that was clearly not needed, wuz it? Pretty negative act on your part.

Ive no other words for you beyond the fact that I feel sorry for you. Ive not been sarcastic, If you find what I wrote about your posted thread unhelpful, then by all means do not regard anything I have to say in future. I assure, I will do likewise to you.
I genuinely apologise if u think this is the case...i meant no offense or disrespect in my post here or anywhere for that matter. I speak from the heart and i keep what i say honest and with good intentions for everyone...i dont understand things any other way so forgive me if u will.

I respect everyone has differences...but in the grand old scheme of things these differences are nanometrically insignificant.

Truly u dont have to feel sorry for me...

peace
bananaman
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #10
arcora
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qlJqR4GmKw

It should also be noted that this forum has a very large number of mods in relation to its membership base.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote