Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Darren Swisher
Avalon Senior Member

Default Forum issues

Fellow Forum Surfers, It is 6:30 Friday October 24 2008. I just got home and have cuddled up to the computer with a beer, 2 tequila shots and some free time. I logged in to the forums and immediately I am overwhelmed by all the threads.

Is there something we can do to “Filter” this information? It is all over the place. I think we need some guidelines, restrictions, direction, or something to organize all the info. Can we get 1 forum with less area for posting? (Finished first shot)

Maybe I am just lazy and do not want to read through all the Babel, maybe it is exactly what it needs to be and I am complaining to much. (Finished second shot)

Either way it is to overwhelming. I would like to here some suggestions on how to fix this problem (if it actually exists) One of the major problems is that lack of evidence, truth, source verification, etc. (Finished 1st Bottle of beer.)

Now after I have finished this I realize I may be part of the problem, I need another Drink
Old 10-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Forum issues

Why not volunteer to be a moderator - then you really can be a part of the problem
Old 10-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
adam
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Swisher View Post
immediately I am overwhelmed by all the threads.

Is there something we can do to “Filter” this information? It is all over the place. I think we need some guidelines, restrictions, direction, or something to organize all the info. Can we get 1 forum with less area for posting? (Finished first shot)

Maybe I am just lazy and do not want to read through all the Babel, maybe it is exactly what it needs to be and I am complaining to much. (Finished second shot)

I would like to here some suggestions on how to fix this problem (if it actually exists) One of the major problems is that lack of evidence, truth, source verification, etc. (Finished 1st Bottle of beer.)
dear darren,

I feel limiting the free flow of information too much will stifle creativity. There may be more dross associated with such a forum, but I have found a lot of very good information here.

Unfortunately, access to scholarly journals costs money in this country unless one works for higher education or some research firm.

I filter the information, but i use subjective vibratory signatures to do it. By feeling the relative vibration of each post I am able to go where I need, when I need to. I know this may seem as a rather esoteric and particularly flaky answer to your question, but it is nonetheless the most effective means of navigating through life.

This is the Project Avalon Menu, there is something for everyone. Pick your vibration. Do you wish to dine tonight with a plate of conflict or perhaps some gloomy predictions? You are more than welcome to. If you would prefer to rather enjoy some fraternity among fellow human beings, there is plenty of that here as well.

I feel this forum is a spiritual tapestry of vibrations from the gross to the subtle and it would be unfortunate if such a work of art was limited in its evolutionary scope.

Besides if one is interested in the evolution of human thought as we progress through trying times, this forum provides an excellent case study.

Cheers.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #4
WineHippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Swisher View Post
Fellow Forum Surfers, It is 6:30 Friday October 24 2008. I just got home and have cuddled up to the computer with a beer, 2 tequila shots and some free time. I logged in to the forums and immediately I am overwhelmed by all the threads.

Either way it is to overwhelming. I would like to here some suggestions on how to fix this problem (if it actually exists) One of the major problems is that lack of evidence, truth, source verification, etc. (Finished 1st Bottle of beer.)

Now after I have finished this I realize I may be part of the problem, I need another Drink
jeeze, I hate to state the obvious, but why not use the search function?
just skim and browse through what you are interested in...

as far as the suggestion to volunteer to be a mod, try it.
(I was rejected with a "don't call us, we'll call you" attitude)

the advice on using your vibes to scan and choose is a good one, I second it

Old 10-25-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
historycircus

Seekers will seek anyway, and restrictions suck.

Welcome to the forum.

Be as polite as you can to others, and remember, love is the key.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:47 AM   #6
MAP
Avalon Senior Member

Location: click sing along with me =) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0bgdsCxXE

try starting off here
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/f...splay.php?f=85

then you can subscribe to ones you like
and mark off ones you have read
I always start off at new posts

ps if you go here
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/index.php
look at all the people on line not to mention gusts
lots of people so lots of INFO

PS if a MOD or ADMIN reads this is there any way to edit the search-tag search?
when ever im trying to find something its so hard to find
unless I have subscribed to that thread

example I know there is an ORB thread I cant find it in the search...

Last edited by MAP; 10-25-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:21 AM   #7
Stephen

@Darren Swisher
It is ALWAYS harder to read threads/posts while drinking.

I would first off suggest not trying to read while drinking....

We are working hard to organize threads...But then again there is a LOT of people coming here and starting threads before using the search function first to see if a thread has already been started.
OR...they do not look to see if the Sub Forum is the correct one.
(I am debating if THIS thread should be moved to Off Topic in the Camelot Area...I will also leave it up the the Admin if this will even stay open.)
Reporting Posts to us really helps. We thank people for their effort to help us keep this forum more organized!

We also archive dead threads after 30 days of inactivity...
They are still readable but not postable. (hmm...are those even words? hehe )

Trust me. The Moderators here are working long hours.
Many are tired but, they still put forth 100% effort.

Last edited by Stephen; 10-25-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Spelling errors...I am a bit tired. :)

Old 10-25-2008, 04:46 AM   #8
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineHippie View Post
as far as the suggestion to volunteer to be a mod, try it.
(I was rejected with a "don't call us, we'll call you" attitude)

Ditto. Don't take it personally if no one ever gets back to you.

Last edited by whitecrow; 10-25-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #9
goody8504
Avalon Senior Member

my suggestion is to skip over any threads that are negative. so far, none have come to pass and i suspect none ever will. this place has become overwhelmed with negativity and doomsday prophecies. if it gets much worse i may have to just stop visiting this forum, which is unfortunate because i've learned a lot of really great stuff here.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #10
Darren Swisher
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for all the feedback, (plop,plop fizz, fizz)

Admin, Erase at will.

Good night
Old 10-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #11
omshanti2
Avalon Senior Member

perhaps there is a reason why the negative come here, to recieve some light, it is nice when you can share/spread some positive vibes to those who need it. Love and peace to all.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #12
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by omshanti2 View Post
perhaps there is a reason why the negative come here, to recieve some light, it is nice when you can share/spread some positive vibes to those who need it. Love and peace to all.
WOW...now THAT deserves to be repeated....
omshanti you are so wonderful. You can see where others 'choose' to remain blind.

Thank you for Be-Ing you!

EDIT: And with that I shall close this thread on a POSITIVE note!

Last edited by Stephen; 10-25-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Closed Thread