Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
Hugo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Pranic Nourishment-Living on Light

When I first heard about "breatharians" I got very curious, my first reaction was of desbelief, and then I heard about it again and decided to find out more so I purchased one of the books by Jasmuheen. She claims that we can program our bodies to not depend on food !?
Aparently some people have died atempting to live on prana but there's still the ones that claim they're doing it.
I would like to know if there's anyone that has some experience on the subject or care to share what ever you know about it in this thread.

Happy Days !!
Hugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Pranic Nourishment-Living on Light

Hi, i have done this for 5 days. I was not hungry at all and i did notfill up on fluids before people may think this. This is what i call energy meditation. You are not tired and you feel perfectly normal.
It is a very simple process.
Some may say tht it is unhealthy, but let me assure you, it is fine as long as you a fit and healthy and also can do the energy sucking properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo View Post
When I first heard about "breatharians" I got very curious, my first reaction was of desbelief, and then I heard about it again and decided to find out more so I purchased one of the books by Jasmuheen. She claims that we can program our bodies to not depend on food !?
Aparently some people have died atempting to live on prana but there's still the ones that claim they're doing it.
I would like to know if there's anyone that has some experience on the subject or care to share what ever you know about it in this thread.

Happy Days !!
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
Koyaanisqatsi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMA-GI View Post
Hi, i have done this for 5 days. I was not hungry at all and i did notfill up on fluids before people may think this. This is what i call energy meditation. You are not tired and you feel perfectly normal.
It is a very simple process.
Some may say tht it is unhealthy, but let me assure you, it is fine as long as you a fit and healthy and also can do the energy sucking properly.
cool topic, and what is 'energy sucking'?
Koyaanisqatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

There are many Hindu priests who can do this. I have tried it on multiple occassions, but just as fasting i.e. not eating at all, not over drinking and not 'living off the air/light', for periods of upto 6 days and as Ama-Gi said; I also felt normal if not stronger. I felt I could have continued but would get tempted by chocolate or something or couldn't be bothered to continue . Once the initial hunger pains subsided in the first day or day and a half it was fine. Hence those with proper training and knowledge in breathing in nourishment can do it for much longer and there are stunning examples that I have known others to complete in religious/spiritual devotion.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo View Post

Happy Days !!
My husband and I got interested in breatharianism in about 1981. I had read about Wiley Brooks who is now in his 70's and has founded the "Breatharian Institute of America". I believed that he did not need to eat at all. So we embarked on our experiments with diet, hoping to work towards breatharianism.

We became total vegetarian, then raw foodist for months, then fruitarian for several months. During that time we had found out that Wiley Brooks had been caught eating McDonalds hamburgers several times and his girlfriend basically said the whole thing was a hoax, so we then believed he was lying about being a breatharian.

I have read of certain people in India going years without eating and I think in certain circumstances it's most likely true. The longest I went without eating was 10 days on water only. Certainly diet has a great influence your ability to experience your inherent power. The fruitarian diet especially seems to be effective in allowing one to more easily develop abilities that can be blocked by eating heavier foods.

One night I was meditating at about 3 am and started hearing a voice in my head. I was thrilled because I thought it was the voice of God!! It turned out to be a weather report! Apparently when you totally clean out your sinus cavities you are able to receive radio waves. We laughed about that for many years.

One of the problems with strict fruitarianism is that our teeth started to get loose. We decided that as interesting as it was, we weren't wise to continue the experiment. In fact it was somewhat uncomfortable being able to feel the energy of every living thing, and since everything is made up of living energy, it was basically a sensory overload.

A restricted diet does make it easier to leave your body and travel on other planes/dimensions, but I found that it made it more difficult to live in the normal physical world. It seemed to boil down to a choice of living in the physical world or rejecting any semblance of a normal life in order to pursue the most extreme spiritual experiences. I chose to live a more normal life and to raise my children in a less radical manner.

IF breatharianism is possible for a normal person, I haven't heard of a proven case and I no longer automatically believe anything I read. Just because someone claims to be evolved spiritually does not mean they are not lying or just plain deluded and foolish. Wiley Brooks is still touting his breatharianism, he has posted on his website about the spaceship appearing on the 14th, and of course he is asking for donations so he can help mankind ascend.

We humans are funny creatures and I'm sure we provide a lot of entertainment for beings on all levels, as they do for us, but then it's all one big cosmic joke in my opinion. I don't take much of anything too seriously anymore and I enjoy it all but don't BELIEVE any of it. I also don't disbelieve it because anything is possible. It's just that none of it is very important.

Nancy
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, it is basicly sucking in energy from all around you and entering your body. One example i can give of the effects is this.
I was at a psychic open day and one of the lead psychics did not turn up, I was asked 5 mins beforehand to step in and go on stage. I didnt really feel upto it but i had no option. I was tired and felt crappy. So i sucked in the energy from around me, trouble is i did this too quickly and sucked in too much, the result was i didnt sleep for 2 days.
With all of these things you should never rush, I took in too much as i had to go on stage....i rushed it.....i didnt sleep.
I will be adding this in the meditation program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
cool topic, and what is 'energy sucking'?
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #7
weezle
Avalon Senior Member

NancyV I love you (and your husband), but don't ask me why cuz even I don't know
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #8
Greg10036
Avalon Senior Member

There is a Taoist method, the metal element standing power posture, part of the Five Elements Nei Gong, standing power postures. It is called holding the ball and gazing left. One is suppose to be able to get off of food with this posture.
g.
Greg10036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #9
realitycorrodes
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Guys,

A little disappointed by the shortness of this discussion. I have met someone in India who was from Europe who had done Jasmuheens method. He said it workded. He said he got supernatural powers (powers to levitate) - very nice guy I trusted him. I sensed he was still a non-eater and was only eating for my benefit. I researched Jasmuheen and downloaded her books. I do not remember the energy sucking. I remember a square breathing practice. Breath in for x mins, hold for x mins, breath out for x mins, hold for x mins and repeat. To be done in nature with fresh air of course.

I recently met an indian sadhu who had not eaten anything for 6 months...only water. He was the real thing...his secret was of course meditation.

I met a girl at my local organic market in brisbane Austraia who claims she was fruitarian for two years and that she had fasted for 68 days. Unfortunately her presence made me feel unhappy...it was'nt anything in particular but something egotistical or something to do with playing a power trip...I can never work it out. I met these so called spiritual people but they seem really unfriendly and defensive. Call me naive!

I am interested in becoming a breatharian. I fully believed I was to be a breatherian when I was young and I believe I can be one now. I do tread cautiously though. I am practically a fruitarian at the moment.

I have never had weight issues I can eat as much as I like and I never put on weight. For me it is a purely spiritual practice. This dimension is not my home.

Check out "Jericho Sunfire" on youtube and Akhai the breatherians.

I am so disappointed to see hardly any of my own kind here as well.

I don't relate to all these so called spiritual people who pay to have animals slaughtered to fill their belly?

Where are my own kind?

Is anyone out there?
realitycorrodes is offline   Reply With Quote