Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
Holistic Andy

Default Looking for PHP programmers with spare time!

Hi,

Are there any PHP programmers out there who might be able to work on a project that could hopefully benefit a lot of people.

I run a social networking site which has always had the aim of connecting spiritual/holistic minded people to other like-minded people in their local area.

Due to lack of money it never grew as big as we hoped and I'm now hoping to convert the business into a CIC (Community Interest Company) which is a fairly new kind of company formation which will effectively make us into a none-profit social enterprise. That doesn't mean we can't make money and pay wages, but any excess profits either have to be put back into the company or into projects that benefit the community - the so community benefits, not shareholders!

Our membership still grows quite steadily (we now have over 12,500 members) but no development work has taken place for about 2 years now, and the original programmer is too busy on other projects right now.

I have a whole bunch of ideas on how to make the site more useful and hopefully start preparing more people for the coming changes, but I'm not a programmer myself, so I'm unable to implement anything which is really frustrating for me.

If there's anyone out there that might be interested in helping me develop the site further then I would love to hear from you. The site is www.holisticlocal.com

Thanks
Andy