Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #3276
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Well that takes it up to midnight.....any more and it's pumpkin changing time

Need also to fit in homework and some reading time!
Got a new book to start
Bou x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #3277
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #3278
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Ok sweet dreams.. its impossibly late here, I guess standard societal protocol would say I'm supposed to sleep before the sun rises again so I'm off to explore another dimension.

Happy Travels
Old 12-01-2009, 01:12 AM   #3279
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

So no one comes to the the Lounge anymore... don't they know this is where all the action is?

Enough thoughtful videos and presentations here to last the next year.

This is a swine flu free zone however..

Oh well I don't need any of you to have a good time.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #3280
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Well, Mr. Roo, some of us sit over there in a corner booth and have a great time @ the lounge but don't get up and dance and get noticed because of just taking it all in. And just think, no flu.

Bushycat
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #3281
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Encore!

Heard from Paul Tardo (SHIFT) again, he has sent me a dvd and cd..
He needs help getting the word out about SHIFT.

For a genius of his obvious talent he is still totally underground and struggling to survive.

If you like "Plastic City" please check out the other songs (I posted them a couple of pages back) with a link to his site, and tell some people about it. The album is a third of the price of the latest coporate whore turds served up to you by the mass media (Mmmm )
So lets tell everybody and give credit where credit is due.. we may be looking at the first rays of sunshine from a 21st century bob dylan or someone even more profound.

The cosmos is smiling on the art of a new era.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #3282
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
YouTube- Plastic City - SHIFT

Encore!

The cosmos is smiling on the art of a new era.
very good and soulfull music......thank you for shareing. oh and i watched the vids.......alot of the material wasnt new to me, but its nice to hear others take on things and sometime good to cover old ground.

a chilled song for a chilled day (hopefully ).........

happy 1st of december.......not long to yule, riual, fun and feasting this year my friend and i are doing a special ritual with our children........figured its time for them to learn some of the old ways.
bou x

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat

Last edited by morguana; 12-01-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #3283
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

I'm not abandoning the lounge Lumy! Some Oz rock for ya (without touching INXS, Men At Work, or Midnight Oil!)

Plus a kiwi

TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #3284
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Brian Setzer must be one of the most "decorated" guitarists around - check him out in this live performance. He has a good, solid backing group - one of whom is very solid. There are some nice ladies in there too. Oh, and listen for the Pink Panther theme that sneaks in.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #3285
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

havent heard stay cats for a loooooong time, hope you like this one
bou x

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
Old 12-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #3286
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

It's getting near that time of the year so let's have Brian Setzer back to put us in a swinging mood for Christmas.

And then, while we're still in a rockin' mood, try this one. After which, the drinks are on me - so place your orders. That table in the far corner is reserved for those of us who are inclined to fall over - not pointing the finger at anybody in particular.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #3287
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudicca View Post

havent heard stay cats for a loooooong time, hope you like this one
bou x
I just love the sound of a Big Band jazz/rock combination Bou - and as for that double bass player - he really knows how to slap that thing around.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #3288
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

do you think its ok to have a wee sack posset at this time of day?

To make a Sack posset. (old english winter warmer)

Take a quart of thick cream, boil it with whole spice, then take sixteen eggs, yolks and whites beaten very well, then heat about three quarters of a pint of sack, and mingle well with your eggs, then stir them into your cream, and sweeten it, then cover it up close for half an hour or more over a seething pot of water or over very slow embers, in a bason, and it will become like a cheese.

sounds gross, but is very yummy

or maybe a round of mulled wine? mmmmmmmmm

exellent music brinty the double bass player is super

bou x

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #3289
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Take a quart of thick cream, boil it with whole spice, then take sixteen eggs, yolks and whites beaten very well, then heat about three quarters of a pint of sack, and mingle well with your eggs, then stir them into your cream, and sweeten it, then cover it up close for half an hour or more over a seething pot of water or over very slow embers, in a bason, and it will become like a cheese.
Wow! Just reading the recipe had my head reeling - mind you, it doesn't take a lot of effort nowadays for that to happen. Although I must confess that when I first read it, I misread "sack" - I thought it was sock. My socks would make anyone's head reel.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #3290
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Let's Listen to a Little Fourplay in " Between the Sheets "

Some talented people came together to lay this down...

Chaka Khan, Phillip Bailey, Phil Perry, and Fourplay....

Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #3291
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

You Make My Dreams come True....

Hall & Oates

This Place is always Rockin'........

Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #3292
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

funny man brinty!!!!! think i might pass on your socks *holds nose*

tango that was beautiful

i have to say hanging out in the lounge makes doing studying sooooo much more fun, thank you so so much.

i have a song i need to get lyrics for as plan to sing it for yule ritual with sprogs and friends
its soooooo beautiful
Chorus: Enter the night and you'll find the light, That will carry you to your dreams. Enter the night, let your spirit take flight, In the field of infinite possibilities On the longest night we search for the light, And we find it deep within. Open your eyes to embrace what is wise, And see the light of your own soul shining. (Chorus) Wrap up in the cloak of starry darkness my child, And you'll find the center of all things. For from this space ...

love and hugs to you all
bou x

ps anyone come across this site? http://gnosticmedia.podomatic.com/

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat

Last edited by morguana; 12-01-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #3293
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
very good and soulfull music......thank you for shareing. oh and i watched the vids.......alot of the material wasnt new to me, but its nice to hear others take on things and sometime good to cover old ground.

YouTube- Jason Mraz - I'm Yours Lyrics
a chilled song for a chilled day (hopefully ).........

happy 1st of december.......not long to yule, riual, fun and feasting this year my friend and i are doing a special ritual with our children........figured its time for them to learn some of the old ways.
bou x
I'm born on the first day of Yule, 20/12...

Can you tell me more about the meaning of Yule Bou? And if you lived with me in Australia would it still be Yule or the total opposite festival? know what I mean?

I've heard something about Yule being when the divine son was born (ego trip) and another festival is when he lays down in ecstasy with the Goddess..

Educate me in my lost pagan roots my dear.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #3294
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Bushy, Observer, Tango, Brinty and Boudicca for making this nights entertainment so grand.

By the way guys I just temporarily relinquished my ban on FICTION and went and saw the movie 2012 tonight... Oh my god biggest load of **** waste of 3 hours ever, save your money. Not impressed, hollywood has lost the magic since the 80's in my view.. the movie had nothing worth mentioning really.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #3295
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Quote:
To make a Sack posset. (old english winter warmer)

sounds gross, but is very yummy

or maybe a round of mulled wine? mmmmmmmmm

exellent music brinty the double bass player is super

bou x
16 eggs! thats like a chicken holocaust... I couldn't consume anything that unethical. You're right it does sound gross 'Sack Posset'... I wonder where the name came from.

Sorry babe, don't mean to be messin' with your recepies.. keep 'em coming, might find one I like.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #3296
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Quote:
Some Oz rock for ya (without touching INXS, Men At Work, or Midnight Oil!)

Goanna - Solid Rock (1982)
I really like that one Observer.. but I never knew what it was called or who the band was.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #3297
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

give me half an hour and I'll gladly post about Yule, just need to get some bits done, got to sack house elf, he's just not doing his job!

Bou x

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
Old 12-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #3298
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Old 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #3299
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

firstly for you it is litha, the summer solstice, the longest day whilst we celebrate the yule, longest night. (did you watch the vid about christmas?)

the story of The Holly King and Oak King

The Wiccan God is the Lord of the Greenwood, consort to the Lady of the Greenwood. Known also as Cernunnos, the Green Man, Herne the Hunter, and Lord of the Wild Hunt, he is a god of fertility, growth, death, and rebirth.

Two God-themes figure predominantly in Wiccan Sabbats: the Sun-God theme and that of the Holly King and Oak King.

The Sun-God rules the seasons. At Yule, he is the new babe, the emodiment of innocence and joy. He represents the infancy of the returning light. At Imolg, his growth is celebrated, as the days are growing longer and light stronger. At Ostara, he is a green, flourishing youth whose eye is taken by the Maiden Goddess. On Beltane, he is the young man in love who takes the Goddess as his bride. Their consummated marriage is celebrated with maypoles and bonfires. At Midsummer, he comsummates his marriage in a union so complete that it becomes a death. He is mourned at Lammas, and at Mabon, he sleeps in the womb of the Goddess. At Samhain, he waits in the Shining Land to be reborn.

The symbolism of the Horned God is also played out the theme of the Holly King and Oak King. The Horned God is the Holly King and the Oak King, two twin gods seen as one complete entity. Each of the twin gods rule for half of a year, fightsfor the favor of the Goddess, and dies. But the defeated twin is not truly dead, he merely withdraws for six months, some say to Caer Arianrhod, the Castle of the ever-turning Silver Wheel, which is also known as the Wheel of the Stars. This is the enchanted realm of the Goddess Arianrhod where the god must wait and learn before being born again. Arianrhod means "silver wheel" and the castle is the Aurora Borealis. She is the goddess of the astral skies and there she rules as goddess of reincarnation.

The golden Oak King, who is the light twin, rules from midwinter to midsummer. The darksome Holly King rules the dark half of the year from Midsummer to Midwinter.

this story is acted out in the mummerers and morris men in my village on boxing day........

for me a practising pagan yule is the time when we have desended into the dark (into our selves) and start to emerge into the light, yule is seen as the time of the great mother/womb where things finish and things start.......so a good time to tie up loose ends and plant seeds of inspiration for the coming year. the ritual planned with our children will reflect this, we sing and chant as we burn away unwanted things on the yule log (bonfire) then decorating a tree with blessings for all, then we act out the holly/oak king play......and the joyfull aspect by sharing in feasting afterwards. later when the children go to bed lucia and i will do the more serious ritual of entering into very very deep trance and going to spaces between to practice our craft. we will as folk did from long ago go into the dark and bring back the light (son/sun birth?) we might symbolicaly do this by walking the maze or spiral, whilst drumming or chanting (a way of reaching a deep trance).
from my perspective being pagan is about following and tuning in to the cycles of life.......on all levels.....as above so below. by doing ritual we keep ourselves in a continued state of movement a never ending cycle. each one leads to the next and changes outside are reflective of changes inside.

any questions please dont hesitate to ask.
i actually work a sort of european shamanic way.......i am very drawn to paeliolithic times.

bou x

father christmas the shaman? look at fly agaric and shamanism

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat

Last edited by morguana; 12-01-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #3300
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Quote:
Arianrhod means "silver wheel" and the castle is the Aurora Borealis. She is the goddess of the astral skies
"Silver Wheel".. sounds UFO related to me, was she Pleiadian?

Quote:
At Ostara, he is a green, flourishing youth whose eye is taken by the Maiden Goddess. On Beltane, he is the young man in love who takes the Goddess as his bride. Their consummated marriage is celebrated with maypoles and bonfires. At Midsummer, he comsummates his marriage in a union so complete that it becomes a death. He is mourned at Lammas, and at Mabon, he sleeps in the womb of the Goddess. At Samhain, he waits in the Shining Land to be reborn.
Thats unbelievably romantic.

Thank you for all of that, its the most detailed explanation of that subject I've ever heard..

Sounds like I need to find out more about the Holly King and the Oak King for starters.