Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #1
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

Default Reincarnation as a technology.

Personally i tend to think that, if reincarnation, really does exists, is nothing natural, but something artificial. In this case, something engineered by others.

Itīs not a wild idea. And we are not much far from being able to make it so technologically, maybe some hundreds, or less, of years.

There are some movies about it, and last of all, Avatar.

We are (apparently) not naturally meant to reincarnate. But we are educated..., well, forcibly indoctrinated, onto the desperate need to do it, just to save a part of us, that, from my perspective, is the most ridiculous and useless part to be saved: a coward fleeing from life. In crude therms, we die, and everything is ended. In technological ones, we die and everything is stored in a computer, to be deployed in another body, under certain conditions (amnesia with option or not, of full recovery of memories, etc).

The reason for reincarnation i think is, to show yourself, how much you love yourself, narcisistically speaking.

Under this perspective Spirituality is a religion, an institution created to sustain the idea of the technological reincarnation. The religion of religions, so to speak.

That, raises a lot of interesting questions.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Gringo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Reincarnation as a technology.

Interesting theory, but I tend to lean the other way on this. I think it is as natural as you can get. The universe dosen't waste anything... take "suns" or stars for instance. When a star is used up it may explode or implode and that energy, dust and particals are used for makeing new stars and planets or contribute in making whole new galixys. We are no differant because we are made up of the same stuff, even our souls, because... our souls are a form of energy. It's like a fundamental law of the universe. Even Et's talk about this, it hapens to everybody and everything, everywhere. It's not egeotistical or even a religin, it just is.
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

I dont have anything to prove it to be natural, or to be artificial, but i consider the latter to be the most probable.

The problem of "soul". Where and what is that "soul"?, in my own mind, is only something i imagine, going further, is just some concept people have consensuated it should exists.... but, it doesnīt really as something you can say: here it is. No, because itīs not that way; you have to imagine it exist, the religion of the soul believers, and so forth and so on; in conclusion, i center what i mean in the proof of what i can take into account.

Your explanation can be applied to your tiny self. So reincarnation seems more artificial than anything else.

In my own perspective of things, a soul can be interpreted as a memory disk where you and your experiences are stored. As physical as you can imagine. The holistic and abstract meaning of it confuses just to make sure there is room for more insanity whenever itīs necessary for those who make a living out of such concept.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
Interesting theory, but I tend to lean the other way on this. I think it is as natural as you can get. The universe dosen't waste anything... take "suns" or stars for instance. When a star is used up it may explode or implode and that energy, dust and particals are used for makeing new stars and planets or contribute in making whole new galixys. We are no differant because we are made up of the same stuff, even our souls, because... our souls are a form of energy. It's like a fundamental law of the universe. Even Et's talk about this, it hapens to everybody and everything, everywhere. It's not egeotistical or even a religin, it just is.
im with you on that one
mogs x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
Gringo
Avalon Senior Member

Well, if there is a technology behind reincarnation, than it's the best technology ever, but I don't presume to think that we are the only exception to that fundamental law of the universe. I do agree with what you said about everything we experiance in life being downloaded on to our soul.
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

I think there are no limits on what can be made technologically. Any civilization only needs enough time, if it survives. And, considering the evidence that this universe has, supposedly, many years of age, sounds factible in the case we are not alone.

With this theory, it can be imagined that there is some vast plan artificially created by X civilizations under X environments, exponsoring X way of life in wich reincarnation plays a fundamental role.

Seein how badly we are affected by this paradigm of reincarnation i would like to say some things related: None of those beings, or civilizations, can have the ultimate truth, even if they have power enough to create this entire universe as we know it, calling themselves "god" or ultimate source of everything. They could have then the ultimate truth about this universe from wich to play their power games, but not very probably the one of the universe they live in and from wich they created this one. Period.

Thatīs the really funny thing about existence, i think, that there is no origin, nor destiny: there is not authority as something natural, rather as something invented. Thatīs what it seems when i think about infinity: something that makes any hyped god bow down in astonishment, a perfect machinery capable of overshadow any invented perfection, being it capable of making he feel the tiniest thing you can imagine. He is part of something greater than himself, ad infinitum, appliable to every being in existence, no matter itīs nature.

Many could say that that infinity is god, but i would say instead that God as a source is a part of infinity. Infinity is sourceless in any case, i think; it is so squalid, and blunt, that goes beyond everything.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Perhaps it's both?

Science and spirituality can be viewed as two different perspectives
of the same thing.
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

who knows really, but its interesting, here is my blog post with info pertaining to this

http://superstrangeland.blogspot.com/

-clark
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #9
Jasper
Avalon Senior Member

From conception it takes 49 days for the Pineal gland to move from the roof of the mouth to the centre of the brain. At this point it starts to produce DMT and Melatonin. It is also at 49 days when the foetus becomes either male or female.

The Buddhist Book of the Dead states that a soul may not reincarnate until 49days have lapsed since it last inhabited a body.

All part of the grand design I guess.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIIISH View Post
Perhaps it's both?

Science and spirituality can be viewed as two different perspectives
of the same thing.
I dont think it is. Anyway, im thinking that by the lack of reincarnation the experience of life takes a 180š turn to another direction that barely noone have grasped but, itīs related about how real life itīs perceived.

If you are aware you will reincarnate, you are just thinking about it asleep in your dreaming, and phoney promises about wonderful future lives.

If you are aware that you donīt know if you do, you are much more alert. You ask yourself questions, wich is the turning point needed.

If you are aware for sure, even without proof, if you accept the evidence that you donīt reincarnate because you donīt have proof, and that this one is the only one life that you will have the opportunity to experiment, the intensity of the life you can experiment rises up exponentially, your capacity to feel the cosmos around you will be unmatched by those waiting for another opportunity in another life. You will see things, that the reincarnators, problably will never see, no matter how many billions of years they end up living in different bodies. You will probably, understand somehow, the entire history of your species as you understand your own.

I encourage the importance of death here, and itīs truly significance: humility, and realism. Death ahead of us is the opportunity to be everything that we can imagine.

Without that humility death is asking us to recognize, we cannot perceive how bigger than everything we have thought, is the universe around us, how bigger than everything we have thought, is our own body, and our own potential; how infinitely smarter than you is your own body, how ridiculous you are, why it is as it is, itīs own history and development through zillions of years,... all that, etc. Itīs the way to face true astonishment without entheogenic drugs or similar.

If you ask to be asleep on that, forever, reincarnating, do it. Thatīs what i wanna emphasize: itīs not the answer.