Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default The secret life of plants

It was in the actions of plants that I perceived the unity that is within all things.
The mode that quiver in ripples of light , the teaming life upon the earth and radiant suns that shine above us.
I understood for the first time that ancient message proclaimed by my ancestors on the banks of the Ganges thirty centuries ago :
" They who see what ONE in all the teaming plants many foldness of the universe to them alone belongs eternal truth and to no one else "

Jagdish Chandra Bose was an eminent Indian scientist. He was the first to prove that plants and metals too have feelings.

Jagdish Chandra Bose was born on November 30, 1858 in Mymensingh (now in Bangladesh). His father Bhagabanchandra Bose was a Deputy Magistrate. Jagadish Chandra Bose had his early education in village school in Bengal medium. In 1869, Jagadish Chandra Bose was sent to Calcutta to learn English and was educated at St.Xavier's School and College. He was a brilliant student. He passed the B.A. in physical sciences in 1879.

I share this documentary with you. It's an hour long but well worth watching.
The secret life of plants:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...36638977368381

I would be interested to hear of any relationships that you guys might have had with the realm of plants.

Kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 07-08-2009 at 07:15 AM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: The secret life of plants

My Family owned about 90-acres of wild Woodland and about 50-acres of open Fields, up in New Hampshire. This adjoined a huge Wilderness territory that extended up into some rugged granite Mountains. In the Fields was a small orchard of red & yellow apple trees and pear trees.

In season, there grew wild strawberries, cranberries, rhubarb, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. The woods were pine trees, spruce trees, elm, oak, maple (ones from which we made maple syrup and maple sugar), birch trees, ferns, natural springs with little brooks, and delightful red mint berries.

I explored all this from the earliest when I could walk, usually by myself, and eating freely of the wild supply of Creations' bounty. I grew with a natural and mutual empathy with all the wildlife and animals that lived in those woods. I had become attuned with nature.

At about age 7-years, when I was then climbing to the very tops of many different Trees each day, I climbed to the top of a 30-meter (nearly 100-foot) tall Pine Tree. Up there, with my Arms wrapped around the top Branches, I was swaying gently with the Wind and admiring the top view of the Forest all around. I suddenly became FLOODED with LOVE, a feeling which seemed to actually be coming from the Tree itself.

By this I know the Trees and all of Nature are/is filled with a living Spirit which is aware of our Presence and our Intent.

At about age 10-years, while walking through the Woods, I came to a large area of chest-high Ferns, surrounded by Spruce and Birch, which I had not seen before. As I waded slowly through these Ferns, unable to even see anything below the Tops, I came out to near the edge of the Ferns close to a granite Boulder. There, sunning itself next to the Boulder, was a Badger. This Badger was the size of a medium Dog. Most people who know them, know they are very territorial, and they can be vicious if cornered.

This one rose up, turned around and started to waddle off into the deep Woods. It stopped alongside the Boulder and turned it's Head around to look at me. Then, to my amazement, as I was looking into it's Eyes, WORDS came CLEARLY into my Mind which said "Go In Peace, O' Man".

By this I know that all the Animals are also Intelligent Spirits, and they CAN communicate with us Humans - IF they CHOOSE, and IF we can LISTEN

One time, while visiting some Friends in Indiana, I went out into their Garden in the evening and sat down next to a Stone Wall to meditate in the serenity of the place. There were Roses, clinging Ivy, and other flowers surrounding me under a large Oak Tree.

After a refreshing deep timeless meditation, upon opening my Eyes, I was surprised to see the Ivy had turned loose Vines and Leaves towards me, some as much as 45-degrees ~2-feet from both sides, as though seeking for the Sun where I was sitting.

Peace

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:28 AM   #3
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The secret life of plants

Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for this! What a beautiful story!!!! Makes me want to get out of the big concrete jungle and re-connect with nature!!! Your story is to me, how things "SHOULD" be!!!!!
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_rod7 View Post
My Family owned about 90-acres of wild Woodland...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsinorelore View Post
Thanks for this! What a beautiful story!!!! Makes me want to get out of the big concrete jungle and re-connect with nature!!! Your story is to me, how things "SHOULD" be!!!!!
Ditto!!

Nice thread, mudra!

I rely on my house plants to help keep my morale up every day. Watching the new shoots come out are a metaphor for hope. And I love looking at the light they soak up...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you friends for coming on this thread. I appreciate your presence here.
Hopefully with some more pictures added to it as it moves along we will build Avalon's garden

Finding your post here this morning could'nt have made me more happy Jrod7 .
Thank you for sharing these wonderfull moments. I do understand them.

As Helen Keller says :
"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart."

I was born a single child and was lucky enough to be raised at places where we had gardens and even lands around.

As a little girl I would sit in my parents garden for hours without seeing the time passing by. I remember well my sense of total communion with the flowers and plants that were dwelling there.
I would rarely pick any of them as I soon realized that by doing so I was taking their life away from them .
I preferred instead being able to remain the witness of their living beauty until the very last moments of their natural cycle.

When I came to live in the city and no more gardens were available I started to have plants.
One I brought home I realized was very sensitive to my presence around her..when I would put my hands above it's leaves it would start to shiver..It would even suddenly shiver by it's own without any rush of air around it .. It was just able to express it's aliveness in it's unique way..

At some point in my life I experienced the darkness of the soul. The wound I had was so deep that it took me many long months to find my way back to the light.
But I did.. during those days I would go and sit daily under a tree I had found in a peacefull little subwood . Quickly we developped a strong bond.
I called the tree " Whisper " as he taught me so many things. He was so much older than me , had lived so many things across centuries ..

He showed me on day that trees through their roots are holding hands . This was such a beautifull image. Not only did I see what he meant but I could as well feel it .
He also made me see the source of Love .. primal love .. it was a warm column of golden light descending from above and pervading all things into oneness.
It was not until my heart chakra opened up a few month ago that I realized that what Whisper had shown me 9 years ago I was now experiencing.

Today I live in the city but the people around my place have gardens and there are many trees ..
When I take walks I always pay attention to the flowers I see .. I say hello to them and I see them smiling at me ..

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

what a loverly refreshing thread

i can allmost smell the blosoms

i also do not like to cut flower

it fels like taking there life ,

just for what so we can have them

in a vase in our homes only

then to watch them wither and die

prematurly ....

no let us leave them ...

in there right inviroment ...
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

There was a Great, Huge Pine tree more than 200-ft tall, with the base at least 5-ft diameter, that grew on the lawn of the house there where I grew up. I named him "GrandFather." He was happy with that.

From the top of that one, I could see the blue Lake (Newfound Lake) some two miles over.

This photo, from www.tonyhowell.co.uk/, looks VERY much like Newfound Lake in NH. Crystal clear, fed from deep springs and rivers from the forests. The "swimmin' holes" of my youth.

Peace

Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

There was a Great, Huge Pine tree more than 200-ft tall, with the base at least 5-ft diameter, that grew on the lawn of the house there where I grew up. I named him "GrandFather." He was happy with that.

From the top of that one, I could see the blue Lake (Newfound Lake) some two miles over.

This photo, from www.tonyhowell.co.uk/, looks VERY much like Newfound Lake in NH. Crystal clear, fed from deep springs and rivers from the forests. The "swimmin' holes" of my youth.

Peace

This is so pretty!!

It also makes me think back to when I was raising my two sons. We used to put jigsaw puzzles together and we would have puzzles with beautiful scenes from nature like this one!
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Great thread thank you Mudra and thanks for sharing your very interesting and nice experiences JRod and to all for the great pictures.

I'm inspired to do a little gardening here..

I suspect, we are collectively going to become much more aware that all life is not only interconnected, but that it has consciousness behind it, and all life is sacred .

(Image from: http://www.bluestarchildcreation.com...php?page=earth)

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 06-16-2009 at 11:17 PM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #11
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

"Knowledge was inherent in all things. The world was a library and its books were the stones, leaves, grass, brooks and the birds and animals that shared, alike with us, the storms and blessings of the earth. We learn to do what only the student of nature ever learns, and that is to feel beauty. We never rail at the storms, the furious winds, the biting frosts and snows. To do so intensifies human futility, so whatever comes we should adjust ourselves by more effort and energy if necessary, but without complaint. Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the Great Mystery, and the Indian reveled in being close the Great Holiness."

"Chief Luther Standing Bear"

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #12
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled, which leads to an unkown, secret place. The old people came literally to love the soil, and they sat or reclined on the ground with a feeling of being close to a mothering power. Their teepees were built upon the earth and their altar's were made of earth. The soul was soothing, strengthening, cleansing and healing. That is why the old Indian still sits upon the earth instead of propping himself up and away from its life giving forces. For him, to sit or lie upon the ground is to be able to think more deeply and to feel more keenly. He can see more clearly into the mysteries of life and come closer in kinship to other lives about him."

"Chief Luther Standing Bear"

kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-17-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #13
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:

Peace

Jrod7 how truly wonderfull " Grand father " must be and how much insight and respect was flowing through you for calling him this name.
Thank you

kindness
mudra
Old 06-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #14
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Beautiful thread, Mudra, thank you.

Last few days, in the mornings, I am gathering cherries from the tree in our small garden. Every time when I go up to the tree, I feel my self like in some other dimension. Surrounded by branches and leafs, there is no outside voices to hear, just the soft silence of the treetop. I feel my self calm and safe with the tree. The tree is happy to give me its fruits, and the cherries are so tasteful when you eat them directly from the branches.

Would like to taste my cherries, friends.

Love
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #15
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Bloodroot (seen here) is not only striking, but has quite a history. The root and leaf emit a red sap which the Native American Indians used as a dye for fabrics, tools and war paint. It was also used medicinally to treat a variety of ailments.

The flower normally only blooms for a single day.

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #16
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

These are Trilliums, which grow in the Forests. They have a tuber-root, bitter but nourishing in the winter (when you can remember where they were growing). They are found in rich humus only in the deep shady places. A true delight to come upon while walking through the deep woods.

Trillium flower essence helps anyone who is consumed with self-interests. It brings out compassion and a desire to help others. Remedy that brings awareness to a person who feels disconnected from his soul source.

Last edited by J_rod7; 06-17-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The largest flower in the world only blooms for three days every seven years, but when it does, it's a spectacular and rather smelly occasion.

Not for nothing is it known as the "corpse flower".

You can find it in the rainforests of southern Sumatra.

The growth rate is phenomenal, three inches a day at its peak, with the stem rising from an underground tuber to a height of 10ft or more.

The fishy smell seemed to come in waves - we now know it attracts a species of bees that fertilise the plant.

With these rare plants often separated by several miles, the smell has to be strong to attract the bees to it.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #18
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

http://www.richardrevelsphotography.com/page4.htm

Do you see the little people in the orchid's heart ?
Kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-17-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #19
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

orchids are ones of the most beautiful flowers...and there is such a variety of types which look so different...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #20
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Elaine spends a lot of time in her gardens scattered around our home. She tends to prefer a wilderness type of layout rather than a formal design.
Wallabies also spend time in the gardens and have been known to be destructive - but they were here first so we don't begrudge them the odd plant now and then.

This view is looking out from our back door and is a pleasure to see each morning as well as throughout the day.

This section is just to the left of the one above and is a view to the North-west. You'll notice the fence which keeps hares out but it doesn't deter the wallabies - they just hop over it.

We have bird feeders spread around the property and a couple of nesting boxes for the pale headed rosellas. The Kookaburra population has risen from the original four that we here when we first arrived seven tears ago, to 16 at this time.

Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #21
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

The Orchids are truly amazing.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:43 AM   #22
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

this is one of my favorite books ever!

It is soo amazing what plants can do, from "teleporting" water to each other,
to being able to instantly react to its "owners" feelings or thoughts from across the Planet!

have you guys ever read this book, with this same title?

thanks Mudra, <3 you.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #23
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The flower has been a part of legends and almost every culture, civilization and religion in the world took up Lotus to teach something or the other to the multitude. According to the Egyptian mythology, Lotus was the flower to be created out of the inert fluid chaos of the world, Nun and the sun God, Atum walked out of it to spread his light allover the Cosmos. One of the versions also suggests that the Sun God emerged out of the petals of the flower as Ra. In Egypt it is rightly taken as a symbol of genesis, revival and restoration.

Though Buddhism adopted the concept of "Om Mani Padme Hum" – a hymn that celebrates the ‘jewel in lotus’-the essence and spirit being invested in the core of all mankind, which can glow into radiant brightness if he can save himself from the debris of life.

Lotus as a flower symbolizes the journey and advancement of the soul through the realization of the material world to be one with the supreme soul.

In Hindu Mythology, the utterance of first,’om’ brought forth the first "golden lotus" and the lotus is also the seat of Brahma (the creator), thus making it a strong creation archetype. The stalk of lotus originating in Vishnu’s (the preserver) navel also presents it as the umbilical cord in the creation of universe. Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and prosperity and Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge are also seated on lotus.

Not only in Egyptian and Hindu mythology is it a strong symbol, in China as well, Lotus is a symbol of creation. It also represents the seventh month. It also symbolizes unbreakable relationships taken from the concept of the flexible stalk of the flower.The color of the flower also contributes symbolically, like the white lotus means purity and transcendence; pink lotus signifies the supreme One, the Great Buddha and Goddess Lakshmi; red lotus expresses compassion and passion; blue signifies the supremacy of the eternal over the temporal.

It is said that Tutenkhamen’s body was covered with blue lotus when his tomb was opened in 1922.

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #24
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
this is one of my favorite books ever!

It is soo amazing what plants can do, from "teleporting" water to each other,
to being able to instantly react to its "owners" feelings or thoughts from across the Planet!

have you guys ever read this book, with this same title?

thanks Mudra, <3 you.
Thank you Orion for mentioning this.
I only saw the documentary but it certainly makes one wish to read the book .

Here is the book contents:

Part 1: modern research

1: Plants and ESP
2: Plants can read your mind
3: Plants that open doors
4: visitors from space
5: latest soviet discoveries

Part 2:Pioneers of plants mysteries

6: Plant life magnified 100 million times
7: The metamorphosis of plants
8: Plants will grow to please you
9: Wizardof Tuskegee

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #25
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you Brinty for sharing a piece of your world with us.
You live in a beautifull place ..
Being in close connection with nature is a way to wisdom and peace.

Loving kindness
mudra