Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Default Open Letter to the "troublemakers"...

I know the Mods banned the several alliterations of yourself and removed the overly offensive posts last evening. I was privy to the threads that were removed later in the night.

I know you are still prowling and thinking to yourself that they can't keep me out...I'll create several more IDs.

I'd like to make a few points.

Those alter egos really don't fool anyone. You start with actually trying to play nice then all forms of you degenerate into name calling and dealers of abuse.

Claiming to be a victim when you are just projecting your inner loathing and confusion of yourself onto us.

Or you project your parents on us.

Or the bully who beat you in School.

We are aren't any of those and all of those.

We are on a journey of trying to find a higher purpose to the madness around us.

To GROW

I guess what I want to tell you is that for all your rantings about hypocrisy you are not doing yourself any kind of service and from what I can tell you are devolving.

Can I give some friendly advice before you jump back in the fray?

You aren't going to win over anyone because in your time here you go against the entire reason for this forum...TO GROW

You are trying to stop a freight train with your bare hands.

You know when Beren started here we clashed over religion but now I'm proud to call the man BROTHER.

I don't use that term very often but in seeing him and not his views...I begin to understand and GROW.

So anyways....take some time and THINK what you want from here and your life.

There are lots of good folks here...take the time and be a part of this GROWING experience.

Peace

Last edited by Stargazer1965; 12-31-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Open Letter to M1*\WarriorServant\Etc....

sounds cliché man, but you have been trolled, lol
Old 12-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

I thought somehow you'd say that....

Nope not TROLLED...I'm reaching out to another person and trying to lend a hand.

Last edited by Stargazer1965; 12-31-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

im used to say that. Simple, easy and efficient.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah.... I, bet he is running a REAL Pity Party on the mod squad.....

This is the SAME jerk... That Anchor let, do a Cry Baby thread, before he left.

Whereas, me looking at making myself Laugh... When Anchor, asked if he should

rename the thread... I popped in with rename it ' Bobbit ' cause it was going to

get Cut short... [Laughing] Anchor, banned me... LOL, I finally washed the

kitchen floor... Before that I thought, Anchor was a little more quick witted...

Now, I've slowed it down soooo, he can catch up...

Laughing. Tell me, they are NOT going to give ' Lenny ', another " Pity Party "

Come On mods... Screw that thinking cap on...

Trooly,

Tango

The Force is withIn you...

Last edited by Tango; 12-31-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Good gad! Why the taunting? What's that all about?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 View Post
I know the Mods banned the several alliterations of yourself and removed the overly offensive posts last evening. I was privy to the threads that were removed later in the night.
Stargazer1965 - with respect, hypothetically I could agree with everything you posted, the problem is the assumption you are making about the identity of certain people is wrong. You dont know - you are guessing. You are wrong. Sorry.

The Moderators have all done a really good job of moderating the forum these recent weeks - mistakes have been made - systems have been used incorrectly - but they/we are getting better at it. Mistakes are fewer. Judgement is sharper. We are where we are thanks to a lot of work.

m1* may yet come back to this forum. If and when he does, it will be because certain commitments have been made - water has passed under the bridge - and everyone, and I mean everyone, can and should be able to move beyond the past.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 12-31-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

In response to our Hall Monitor,

You have eloquently expressed emotions and thoughts that are perpetuating throughout our community.

It is not easy to "let the pressure out", you ride a fine line...and i admire your choice of words.

Thank you for watching our halls.

To M1 etc..

Thank you for this chance to learn and grow. i would like to say many things but most of them would be emotionally based and i am aware how that would irritate you and this is NOT my intent.

This medium (cyberworld) allows for a very different kind of human interaction...

Your words and thought processes intrigue me and i am convinced that if we met face to face, these issues (that are apparent on this forum) would be inconsequential.

Please do not forget, you are loved.

In response to Anchor (Moderators in general)

We HAVE grown!! isnt it fantastic? Can you feel it?

*celine looks around the forum at the members of this community and smiles*

Our home is growing, our family is growing..thank you to all for keeping the balance.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Good post stargazer
Old 12-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

I have a question for a mod or a hall monitor or whoever knows the answer.
Why is a member who is banned allowed to still post......I always understood "banned" meant, out the door....no more posting.
I'm puzzled about this.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Stargazer1965 - with respect, hypothetically I could agree with everything you posted, the problem is the assumption you are making about the identity of certain people is wrong. You dont know - you are guessing. You are wrong. Sorry.

The Moderators have all done a really good job of moderating the forum these recent weeks - mistakes have been made - systems have been used incorrectly - but they/we are getting better at it. Mistakes are fewer. Judgement is sharper. We are where we are thanks to a lot of work.

m1* may yet come back to this forum. If and when he does, it will be because certain commitments have been made - water has passed under the bridge - and everyone, and I mean everyone, can and should be able to move beyond the past.

A..
Anchor...I have nothing but a big thumbs up to you guys and I know you guys are doing a great job...

I'm not sure if it's M1 or his twin brother...I just wanted to put that out there.

I did not mean to cause a wave or imply you guys were not on top of things...peace
Old 12-31-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Jack you have a pm
Old 12-31-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
I have a question for a mod or a hall monitor or whoever knows the answer.
Why is a member who is banned allowed to still post......I always understood "banned" meant, out the door....no more posting.
I'm puzzled about this.
Bans can be temporary. Bans made in error can be reversed. While a person is banned however, they cannot post.

A..
Old 12-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #14
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

m1*?
Get your hands on and read Voyagers I & II
It will explain what is happening and how to deal with it.
You might want to read Angelic Realities first, TWICE as the 2nd time you will open to it with amazing ease.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:44 PM   #15
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Bans can be temporary. Bans made in error can be reversed. While a person is banned however, they cannot post.

A..
I find this confusing? I understand the part about a ban made in error. But I have seen many times trolls with a banned banner and there still posting, & eventually they stop posting (I assume there a/c was shut down) Why would a troll have a temporary ban?
Old 12-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #16
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I find this confusing? I understand the part about a ban made in error. But I have seen many times trolls with a banned banner and there still posting, & eventually they stop posting (I assume there a/c was shut down) Why would a troll have a temporary ban?
There is always hope that people can change. Sometimes people make mistakes and need another chance.

Banned people cannot post. What you have seen is simply posts that were made before they were banned.

In some cases the posts of banned people are removed by the moderators - or even entire threads if they are totally disruptive to the forum. That does not always happen.

A..
Old 12-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #17
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
There is always hope that people can change. Sometimes people make mistakes and need another chance.

Banned people cannot post. What you have seen is simply posts that were made before they were banned.what I have seen & am enquiring about is the so-called banned posters (banned under their avatar name) who are still posting....these are not regular forum member, but the disruptive one who have been coming in here for some time now. Why are they being giving a temporary ban, instead of a permanent ban?

In some cases the posts of banned people are removed by the moderators - or even entire threads if they are totally disruptive to the forum. That does not always happen.

A..
Old 12-31-2009, 11:43 PM   #18
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
what I have seen & am enquiring about is the so-called banned posters (banned under their avatar name) who are still posting....these are not regular forum member, but the disruptive one who have been coming in here for some time now. Why are they being giving a temporary ban, instead of a permanent ban?
That is really confusing when people put their answer inside someone else's quote - sorry I deleted it thinking the ........... at the end was to edit out a previously made reply. You can manually insert the {quote} and {/quote} tags to separate two parts of the post you are replying to. Just use the square cornered bracket [ instead of {.

Who is this banned user or users that are posting? PM me if you like. Something is not right if that is true.

A person marked with banned should not be able to post. And if they were let back on to post again, it should no longer say "banned.

Last edited by Karen; 12-31-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:53 PM   #19
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Karen: as of now (to my knowledge) there are no banned posters posting. However I have noticed over the weeks recently on several occasions posts made by some of the many aliasis who were under a ban....I think Arcora was one....sorry I have lost track of all the names...so many here lately. But they were part of that group that we were having problems with. I remember looking at their posts and wondering why they were still posting, I found it confusing. Today I decided to ask about this. Anchors answer left me even more confused....sorry Anchor. Are the rules on banning very "flexible" depending on who the mod is that particular day, and/or who the person is that is being banned....
Old 01-01-2010, 12:28 AM   #20
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Karen: as of now (to my knowledge) there are no banned posters posting. However I have noticed over the weeks recently on several occasions posts made by some of the many aliasis who were under a ban....I think Arcora was one....sorry I have lost track of all the names...so many here lately. But they were part of that group that we were having problems with. I remember looking at their posts and wondering why they were still posting, I found it confusing. Today I decided to ask about this.
The way you describe it that should not be possible. Once a ban is made there are no more posts from that UserName. Instantly. I would suggest they were posts made just before they were banned that you had not seen yet. If you see it again - notify me and another moderator or administrator who is currently online.

Quote:
Anchors answer left me even more confused....sorry Anchor. Are the rules on banning very "flexible" depending on who the mod is that particular day, and/or who the person is that is being banned....
We've got 4 mods/admins that have been doing duty for over 1 year. No banning and very little deletion has happened since 2 of those people joined the team. So we have 2 people with practical banning experience on this forum, and it's the holiday season. OMG I didn't even know how to use the ban function until very very recently.

We have 11 new mod team people in various stages of training, while we are being bombarded with troublemakers and holiday absences. All mods who are online at that time are asked to give a vote/and or comments/opinions. The goal: there should be very little flexibility. Anchor is going a great job getting all on the same page, but it's not going as fast if it were not for the season. Happy New Year! My favorite day of the year is Jan 2.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #21
Kamikaze
Avalon Senior Member

I just have to ask...

Who still thinks I'm one of the aliases? There were some pretty bad words directed at me in the beginning for siding whit some of his views.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:02 AM   #22
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

All I know is..the posting privilege got out of hand...in one post I was "marked dead" and it was know way before it got to that point vthat they were playing their game.

I don't think anybody here should have to be told they are "marked dead"

It should not be allowed to get to that point when it is obvious that they are doing a number on the forum

And I was not the only one threatened in this manner.

But it seems you all have a handle on it now...so keep up the good work Mods...they must not be allowed to play their dark game here

If they have something worthy to say without being insulting and offensive..then let them say it..otherwise be gone I say
Old 01-01-2010, 01:12 AM   #23
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Talk about an unnecessary thread. All this does is foster more hatred and disgruntlement. Tauntng does what for anyone? Does it make a person seem more knowledgable and spiritually enlightened?

To whomever said something amng the lines of we are growing. The forum has grown; I think you miss the point. Growing is not the size ofthe board. Growing is enhancing one's own understanding of self and becoming more awareness of the world around us.

I've noticed some folk like to "troll" threads. Why? Is it some twisted need to be noticed just to get a reaction good or bad? If so, I wish you well in trying to fill whatever void you must have that is causing you to bahave in the way you do. I hope you folk find whatever it is you are seeking.

I find it rather silly for people to cry foul when the folk who are supposed to oversee this board do their jobs and perhaps end up banning folk.

Mature adult behavior seems a bit lacking here. Juvenile schoolyard antics seem to be prevailing.

How does anyone thnk they can be more than they are if they are too busy trying to show somene else up or by cutting them down? Is this how "enlightened" people should act?

Winter Wolf
Old 01-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #24
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

It is one thing to express a difference of opinion..it is another thing all together to be told you are "marked dead"

I am all for debate...but not up for some child's game...and threats
Old 01-01-2010, 01:33 AM   #25
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
It is one thing to express a difference of opinion..it is another thing all together to be told you are "marked dead"

I am all for debate...but not up for some child's game...and threats
Yes, you've stated that already. Why are you letting whoever it is that is "threatening" you to hold so much power over you? Why worry about them at all unless they actually show up on your doorstep to kill you?

All you are doing is adding more fuel to the fire.

Winter Wolf
Closed Thread