Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #26
Steve_G

Default Re: Kind thoughts for Antaletriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Dantheman seems to have gone missing as well
He posted earlier today on the Camelot / St Clair thread.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #27
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
on a second side note,
i was privy, to an private email, sent to him,
by a moderator--you know who you are, i don't need to call you out,
by your name -- and, all i can say to you,
is shame on you !!!
And, that i hope one day,
someone sends you, something similar
(as, then, and, only then,
you might you know, how it feels to have
someone trample upon you, and, how that might feel)
all, i will say, is that, i was appalled, and, i was shocked,
that you would, do something, so crass.
nfg
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #28
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

ixxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 05-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #29
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #30
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

Like I said in one of his posts, Antaletriangle was the ultimate Avalon Researcher (with do respect to the real Avalon Researchers). He always managed to post something interesting to read.

Hope it's only a "Kit-Kat" break.

Regards

Gemeos
Gemeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #31
golden lady
Avalon Senior Member

Very well put exchanger. LIke you say lets hope he is on his holls and will retutrn to us soon.
I logged on yesturday to find he hadn't posted and found myself logging off very qiuckly. Miss you Antal.
Kindest of regards Antal and the warmest of wishes.
Love and Peace Golden
golden lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #32
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post

Hey Ant. If you read this seriously we need you back! I have nothing to read when Im at work without your posts

DONT MAKE ME WORK!

Peace
Iain
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #33
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantaloupe View Post
Thanks Antal, I benefitted greatly from your presence here. Hope you return. Cheers to you in any event.
Cantaloupe
I agree
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #34
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

ATELATRIANGLE COULD'T PRONOUNCE YOUR NAME
READ YOUR BLOODY POSTS THE JUST THE BLEEDIN SAME
COME BACK FELLA
PART OF THIS LIITLE COMMUNE HERE
IF IT HELPS I'LL BUY A COUPLE OF BEERS
ANTELTHINGYBOB
COME ON BACK
AVALON NOW HAS GONE A LITTLE SLACK
LOTS OF INFO
GREAT LINKS TOO
NO ONE IS TRUE AS YOU

'CEPT EGG !!!

KINDEST REGARDS DAVE CASTER
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #35
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

your energy is already missed antale ...

be nice to soon post something like ... WELCOME BACK ANTALE!!!

yes?

your efforts are appreciated by all ... shine your light bright upon this forum once again ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #36
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

ARE YOU COMIN' BACK
STICK A POST UNDER MINE
GO ON BIG LAD

:trum pet:: trumpet:

Dave

:thumb_yell o:
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #37
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

xxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moonohalo3.jpg (8.1 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 05-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #38
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
On a second side note,
i was privy, to an private email, sent to him,
by a moderator--you KNOW who you are, i don't need to call you out,
by your name -- and, all i can say to you,
is shame on you !!!
and, that i hope one day,
someone sends you, something similar
(as, then, and, only then,
you might you KNOW, how it feels to have
someone trample upon you, and, how that might feel)
all, i will say, is that, i was appalled, and, i was shocked,
that you would, do something, so crass.
Susan, saying it is a moderator, but not naming them, is something that I object to - causing members to look askance at each member of our small moderating team.
I also object to your very harsh public judgment and chastisement of this very young lad, Jack. I've seen you do that with other forum members and their objections to it. None of us are perfect yet - we all learn or relearn lessons every day.

One of the biggest problems our world faces is a shut-down in communication when human interaction goes wrong. Since I know some inside scoop on this mod issue, that has now become a public matter, I will tell some of what I know that will hopefully help shed some light on both sides of the issue.

If any of you had been following Jack's recent posts, he was trying to steer the forum in a more positive, proactive direction. But like when I was trying to get something going to update the forum guidelines (esp the one about networking with each other when money is involved, but no guidelines have yet been changed) Jack wasn't too successful at getting other mods to back his project, and he suddenly acted on his own with a post to Wayne, the contents of which I have no knowledge. From my perspective and private communications with Jack, I saw that in his youthful exuberance and excitement over the amazing results of his own personal "thinking only positive thoughts" campaign, he lost or missed the ying and the yang balance of the matter, and very much offended Wayne and whoever else Wayne shared that private email with.

Jack took quite a few hits for this mistake/foopah in mod chat. Almost every moderator sent an apology to Wayne for what happened. Now Jack has not joined us in mod chat since this happened, he has not posted on the forum since the 14th and has not signed in to the forum since the afternoon of the 20th. I myself have decided when feeling snubbed or misunderstood - at least a dozen times - that I really aught to not come back here anymore. And when we fall into that "divide" mentality we are ripe to be conquered. Will we choose to evolve or devolve?

I think Jack meant well, thinking he was acting in the highest good for all concerned, he just failed to look at the other side of his PM to Wayne. How many such mistakes did you all make in your teens and early 20's? This reminds me of the Hawaiian healing technique - "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I love you."

I hope Wayne and Jack and many others will return and join us once again, but I also know sometimes we just need to move on to other things.

For those that want to see human communication skills evolve, here's a great site:
The Center for Nonviolent Communication
http://www.cnvc.org/
Quote:
The Center for Nonviolent Communication is a global network of people and communities committed to living and teaching NVC to resolve conflict and meet the needs of all people.

CNVC leaders have helped negotiate peace between individuals, families, communities, political factions and nations. We have facilitated workshops around the world that help people learn how to create environments that support powerful life-serving systems.

Have you ever wondered if there was a way all people could live in peace? Have you ever longed to reach a point of understanding with someone you care about when you find yourselves divided by disagreements or differences? Maybe you’ve longed to express what you really feel or what is important to you? Or, have you ever wanted to foster agreement with agroup of people who was unable to agree with another group—especially when the disagreement became life-threatening?

If so, you may be interested in learning about Nonviolent Communication.

What it is…..
Simply put, Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is a way of relating to ourselves and others, moment to moment, free of past reactions. By learning to identify your needs and express them powerfully, as well as to bring understanding to the needs of others, you can stay connected to what is alive in you and create a life that it is more fulfilling.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #39
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Susan, saying it is a moderator, but not naming them, is something that I object to - causing members to look askance at each member of our small moderating team.
I also object to your very harsh public judgment and chastisement of this very young lad, Jack. I've seen you do that with other forum members and their objections to it. None of us are perfect yet - we all learn or relearn lessons every day.

One of the biggest problems our world faces is a shut-down in communication when human interaction goes wrong. Since I know some inside scoop on this mod issue, that has now become a public matter, I will tell some of what I know that will hopefully help shed some light on both sides of the issue.

If any of you had been following Jack's recent posts, he was trying to steer the forum in a more positive, proactive direction. But like when I was trying to get something going to update the forum guidelines (esp the one about networking with each other when money is involved, but no guidelines have yet been changed) Jack wasn't too successful at getting other mods to back his project, and he suddenly acted on his own with a post to Wayne, the contents of which I have no knowledge. From my perspective and private communications with Jack, I saw that in his youthful exuberance and excitement over the amazing results of his own personal "thinking only positive thoughts" campaign, he lost or missed the ying and the yang balance of the matter, and very much offended Wayne and whoever else Wayne shared that private email with.

Jack took quite a few hits for this mistake/foopah in mod chat. Almost every moderator sent an apology to Wayne for what happened. Now Jack has not joined us in mod chat since this happened, he has not posted on the forum since the 14th and has not signed in to the forum since the afternoon of the 20th. I myself have decided when feeling snubbed or misunderstood - at least a dozen times - that I really aught to not come back here anymore. And when we fall into that "divide" mentality we are ripe to be conquered. Will we choose to evolve or devolve?

I think Jack meant well, thinking he was acting in the highest good for all concerned, he just failed to look at the other side of his PM to Wayne. How many such mistakes did you all make in your teens and early 20's? This reminds me of the Hawaiian healing technique - "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I love you."

I hope Wayne and Jack and many others will return and join us once again, but I also know sometimes we just need to move on to other things.

For those that want to see human communication skills evolve, here's a great site:
The Center for Nonviolent Communication
http://www.cnvc.org/
I'll back you on this one...I was privy to this information also...and I know where Jack was coming from...he just wanted a more positive forum...to boost us into the attraction of positive. He ment no harm..just wanted to steer us in that direction.
We that were in the "know" new it was only Jack...but again he ment no harm...I believe Ant know this as well...I think he is only on vacation and will be back...too much is made of this...Sunday is his birthday, and he probably is taking a holiday
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #40
Egg
Banned

It wasn't Jacks place to send a message like that off his own back.

I'm sorry but far too many people here are getting too high and mighty about what can and cannot be posted because they don't like it.

If a poster throws up what they think is a tissue of lies, expose it for what it is and hope they leave. If however the poster is just posting things outside your normal orbit and it breaks no terms and conditions, tough luck - its not your place to say anything, just don't click and read or add anything. I feel too many self appointed censors are at work here on Avalon.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:07 AM   #41
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post

I'm sorry but far too many people here are getting too high and mighty about what can and cannot be posted because they don't like it.

If a poster throws up what they think is a tissue of lies, expose it for what it is and hope they leave. If however the poster is just posting things outside your normal orbit and it breaks no terms and conditions, tough luck - its not your place to say anything, just don't click and read or add anything. I feel too many self appointed censors are at work here on Avalon.
I agree he should not have suggested it..but I also know it was ment in the best of intentions. Jack is not the sort to be that kind of controlling....he just ment ot bring more POSITIVE to the forum...
But Egg...I agree with the fact that this is a free form forum and should remain such...no censorship ever should take place...
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:25 AM   #42
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

We can't solve problems if we don't know what they are. The positive and negative threads should probably counterbalance each other...with positive solutions emerging. This is Positive Response Ability. Chronic positive thinking is a delusion. Chronic negative thinking is also a delusion. Sensitive, intelligent, passionate, and caring people who try to make a difference can often be misunderstood. Positive reinforcement is a helpful concept. Support what you appreciate...and mostly ignore the rest.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:09 AM   #43
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: Kind thoughts for Antaletriangle

Hey Ant/Wayne...
(cool, i know your name now!) lol

I dont even know what happened?
other than someone was talking **** at/to you....

but seriously...... you are a huge asset to this site bro.

dont let the words of someone in fear keep you away.

i sit back n just observe n feel , ...allot....
and you are one of the most humble, kind folks here since the beginning.

you cant leave , man. )
well, i mean you can , if you can stand up and get past the lot of us. lol

you are loved bro,
get yer a$$ back here and stop giving the pooptalkers what they want.
dont let them oppress you,
just come back and give it to them 3fold....
and watch their lil heads spin off. lol

love you man.

Last edited by Orion11; 04-23-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:17 AM   #44
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I have to agree with you. I don't think it's wise to make someone a moderator if they can't stop and think before they say/do things. Even one careless mistake can cost the patronage of a member.

If Jack is indeed in his 20s, then I can understand. When you're young and idealistic, it's easy to turn off others. You have to really step back more and think over how you choose to respond in a situation. It becomes mandatory once you leave your teen years and it sticks with you for the rest of your life. I'm not out of my 20s yet but I've always felt like I was in my 30s or early 40s (spiritually).
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #45
nagual
Avalon Senior Member

nagual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #46
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
You give me a chuckle Egg - in one breath you are down on censorship and those who tell others what they should and should not post and in another you are telling others when and how they should post. And I get a second chuckle to think of all the times I've caught myself and others giving the non-congruent messages.

For everyone: Here's a communication tip I keep working on mastering - Using "I" statements instead of "you" statements.

Something along the lines of (fill in the blanks): I feel ____ when _____ and I would appreciate it if you could _____.

Say I believe ____. I think _____. I feel _____. Rather than commands like: stop doing that!

So getting back to the thread title, Kind thoughts for Antaletriangle ...
Wayne, I used to do what you do but on a smaller scale. I'd research 16 hours a day and make 3 or 4 posts to my Yahoo groups 3 or 4 times a week. Good stuff, bad stuff, positive, negative - just a big mix of what I found that day that I thought others might like to know. I'd get 10 thank you notes, then 1 b*tchin complaint, 12 thank you's then another complaint and I did about 10 rounds of that and I let each one get to me a little more until the last complaint got under my skin so bad, I just quit sharing except on a very, very much smaller scale. I hope you stay strong Wayne, and don't take the path I did.

Love is who we are,
Karen
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #47
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Everyone has the right to be who they want to be and deserves the space to be so, AND SO DO YOU !!!
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #48
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

As more of a "lurker" than a "poster", i have to admit that this story is a good one......so many things you could use for seminar material on "how to communicate between people"!!

I'm glad i now i know the background to this story, and thank you Susan for bringing it out. Lurkers like me NEED to know these things because we aren't part of any "forum in-crowd" (i don't want to be - i'm too much of a loner), and its good to know what is going on behind the scenes and whether the forum is "controlled" or not.

If it is "controlled" to any serious extent, eg what themes are acceptable/unacceptable, then tell us, because we can happily leave and move on. I joined, and have made a decent contribution to Camelot's funds too, because i believe that what Camelot/Avalon are doing is providing knowledge.

This story helps to make people think "shall i renew my subscription?".

There is no place for moderators who act in this way, i can say that now i know the story, and of course this is the same guy (if my memory serves me) who is posting threads that are on the very edges of legality (thats putting it nicely).

Anyway, the consequences of what we do will all be revealed in the end, this is a primary doctrine of buddhism, and i can only say that we should all live by one rule: never do anything to others that you wouldn't want to see happen to you.

I feel Ant should stay away till the dust settles, then re-appraise the level of his posting. His posting was awesome, and i learnt tons of great info. And that is why i paid to join Avalon, and contributed funds to Bill and Kerry.

Atb,
Piers
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #49
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piers2210 View Post

This story helps to make people think "shall i renew my subscription?".

There is no place for moderators who act in this way, i can say that now i know the story, and of course this is the same guy (if my memory serves me) who is posting threads that are on the very edges of legality (thats putting it nicely).

I feel Ant should stay away till the dust settles, then re-appraise the level of his posting. His posting was awesome, and i learnt tons of great info. And that is why i paid to join Avalon, and contributed funds to Bill and Kerry.

Atb,
Piers
For a while now I have been appraising my "membership" here and I think I have the answer after all of this. I always looked forward to Ant's posts, I enjoy the angle he comes in from.

If anyone out there knows of a deserving person who would like to use what is left of my years subscription, drop me a pm and we can sort it from there. And NO moderators, you cannot say this is not allowed, I paid for it and I will do with it as I please.

Zedd Out
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #50
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

i agree with you.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote