Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Water distiller thread:

I'm in th UK and I wanted to find a high quality water feed professional water distiller as I feel it will be needed in the future fo the community and my collidial silver making

I want to get a twin tank style one with everything stainless steel but wondered if anyone had experience of these? info gathering...

I don't want a small plastic bottle type.
I want it to last. Stainless tanks and taps and the electrics to be solid state so I can repair it myself if need be so it is as future proof as possible.

UK based or Europe o minimise £/€

Any ideas and links:

I saw an amazing one in the USA but it will be 10% import + 17.5% vat and $600 shipping with UPS!!!

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 10-11-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Water distiller thread:

http://www.waterwise.com/productcart...3&idproduct=23

This style... but europe

Not this large though
http://www.norlandintl.com/

Some good info here:
http://wholesalewaterdistillers.com/...stillers8.html

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 10-11-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Savoyya
Avalon Senior Member

Thats probably not exactly the answer youre looking for but i found this site yesterday while doing research about distilled water. I was thinking how utterly ridiculous the prices were for the distiller machines so i went on searching on a way to make it myself

Its so simple its not even funny lol
Have a look there, the guy even made a small video showing his "device".
http://www.associatedcontent.com/vid...ied.html?cat=6

Now this i can totally afford
Savoyya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoyya View Post
Thats probably not exactly the answer youre looking for but i found this site yesterday while doing research about distilled water. I was thinking how utterly ridiculous the prices were for the distiller machines so i went on searching on a way to make it myself

I'm sure that plastic pipe isn't very good... Should really be Silicon... and the radiator I'm sure is aluminium not good either...

Here is another cheap distiller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sqRvUzqDCE

but it does not get rid of all toxins watch right to the end...

I just bought a waterwise 1600 but it is going to go back as it was rusting after 3 days!!!! And tasted metallic... rust was mentioned an issue here too... and doesn't say you need to keep it filled with water on top to cool each of the 3 chambers...
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23853

Think I may get a mini classic II as this is stand alone and has glassware and stainless steel bits. What a faff the 1600 was and I will have space if I get rid of my microwave which is redundant

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 10-28-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:22 AM   #5
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoyya View Post

I was gonna go looking for this video for you...and I see you beat me to it. I found this a month or so ago...had been visualizing something along the same lines and voilá! I came across this video.

If you were to go thrift-shop crawling for a used pressure cooker, you'd save $30 or so, I bet. The only things I see that need to be new (for cleanliness' sake) are the radiator, the hoses and the fittings.

Also, it ought to be relatively easy to cobble up a much larger unit using a larger pressure unit and a larger radiator, or a series of radiators. This is nothing more than a simple moonshine still, and folks have been making them for generations.

There's a filtration unit that's been made in the UK forever...very heavy duty and indestructible and efficient...don't remember the name, and I just spent several fruitless minutes searching for it in my bookmarks and with Google. If you're contemplating cleaning water for a household, you might look into that one, I remember I was impressed when I saw it (impressed enough to lose it in my thousands of bookmarks).

Your main requirements for distillation are a good pressure vessel and a heat source. A clean radiator is the ideal condenser, and I think with a bigger radiator you wouldn't need the fan. I've already decided to bring this up as a project the next time my Future Group meets.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #6
sakuna
Avalon Senior Member

Have you considered solar distillation, considerably cheaper than your current option.
Best regards.

Last edited by sakuna; 10-30-2008 at 09:20 AM.
sakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #7
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Isn't too much distilled water bad for you???
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #8
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

I'd be concerned by leaching plastic from the pipes into the water and an aluminium radiator even if it was clean and new. I'd use silicon pipes and glass bottles and a heat exchanger which isn't made from a metal which can breach the blood brain barrier… i.e. not aluminium.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #9
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

On this point, does anyone know a easy way to desalinate water?
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #10
Shikasta
Avalon Senior Member

I think the alternative filter system that Whitecrow is referring to is the British Berkefeld gravity water filter system with silver impregnated ceramic filter candles.

I've just bought the stainless steel model, have yet to try it out. I hear from a reliable source that stocks are becoming quite scarcein the USA. Shouldn't be a problem at this time in UK though....YET!!

Google is your friend!
Shikasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:44 PM   #11
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

>British Berkefeld gravity water filter system

http://www.survivalinstinct.com/waterfilter.html

Does that filter the Fluoride and chloride out of the water?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n1xoPN...eature=related

It suggests here there is a method of getting fluoride out with a filter...

A very similar method was discussed on the david icke forum from a water butt, a pipe, a bag of pebbles and 7 bags of sand. Still not a fluoride filter which is why I'm investigating the distiller route.

Getting closer to a solution...
Old 10-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #12
Myplanet2
In The Mists

I've got the berkefeld imperial with the sterasyl ceramics. It's great so far.

This system with the addition of some additive to handle something too small for the filters to catch, like viruses (I use MMS -sodium chlorite drops-) and it should handle most anything. The filters can be cleaned with a tooth brush or whatever if they get clogged up.

This site has some good info on them, and it's where I got mine. Great customer service. It arrived with a broken filter due to rough shipping, and they sent me a new one no questions asked and without asking for proof.

http://doultonusa.com/HTML%20pages/w...militaries.htm

I've also seen mention made of other water purification additives like iodine tablets to remove the tiny threats.

Check the replacement cartridges page for more info on what types of filters do what kinds of removal.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #13
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Good work John
I'm looking for a water filter as well. Currently using a britta but want to start using rainwater for drinking and cooking.
The Big Berkey ones are supposed to be good as well, looks the same as the Berkefeld.
Wish I had bought one when the exchange rate was £1 = $2
There was another thread in this forum and woman was talking about hers, I'd try and find it but the search engine here is ****

Why is cr*p a swear word???

Last edited by Swanny; 10-30-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #14
Swanny
I dont need a label !

John this is the water filter the chap in the vid is using
http://www.freshwaterfilter.com/prod...)_Home-GS2-SCD

£103.63 inc. VAT

Choose alternative cartridges for your gravity filter

Depending upon your choice of cartridge, gravity filters are also capable of removing organic pollutants such as agricultural pesticides, herbicides, oestrogens and other chemicals and dissolved heavy metals, such as cadmium, lead and mercury.

* For the removal of fluroride, choose a Malachite cartridge

thats another £11
Old 10-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #15
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

Hi friends

My cousin who are biothecnologist haha say to me that if you filter all the non-water particles in the water haha that water will not be able to drink because the human body needs some of the particles in it.

What do you know about it?

Cheers to aaaaall
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #16
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Just found this......

Did you know that we absorp up to two thirds of our daily exposure to chlorine through vapour inhalation when showering?

seems it's impossible to avoid it all

Ashatav I don't think that's right
Old 10-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #17
Leadman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecting with Sauce View Post
>British Berkefeld gravity water filter system

http://www.survivalinstinct.com/waterfilter.html

Does that filter the Fluoride and chloride out of the water?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n1xoPN...eature=related

It suggests here there is a method of getting fluoride out with a filter...

A very similar method was discussed on the david icke forum from a water butt, a pipe, a bag of pebbles and 7 bags of sand. Still not a fluoride filter which is why I'm investigating the distiller route.

Getting closer to a solution...

I have a reverse osmosis water filter system, which removes fluoride, you can pick them up pretty cheap, if you shop around (via the net) and very easy to plumb in.

I also have a water Ioniser that I made, using Stainless steel plates and a solar powered flat panel battery charger. It separates the water to Acid & Alkaline. (you will need 2 containers to store water)
Acid half is good for plants and external use (skin, hair etc)
Alkaline half is good for internals, helps flush out all the nasty stuff.
Again loads of info out there on the net.

Have fun!
Leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #18
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

My Berkey arrived last week and I still have to set it up. Interesting to hear all the varied comments. Guess I made the right decision to buy it. We were buying distilled water for our water cooler but we'll give that to our son and begin using our new one.(We're trying to get as many appliances as possible off the grid.) Glad we didn't use UPS and yes, we forgot about the duty

The video about making distilled water with a pressure cooker is worth thinking about. I should get another one. They are great energy savers also and veggies taste great.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #19
bilderburger w/cheese
Avalon Senior Member

re: drinking distilled water

if you plan on drinking the distilled water, you really should add a few drops of trace elements to the water. the distilled water is great and tastes great- ive been drinking it for over two years now-- but without any of the trace elements in it, i understand that the distilled water will leach minerals from your body/bones because the water needs to have some total dissolved solids in it.

to cut through the mumbo-jumbo, just get something along the lines of this:

http://www.traceminerals.com/products/drops.html

i add 20 drops per gallon of water.
taste: pure distilled is better, since the chloride gives it a slightly off taste, but our bodies NEED chloride.
if you like, i suppose one could add the amount of minerals to a glass of juice or any other fluid during the day and just drink the distilled water straight. i think its a hassle, so i just spike my entire gallon of water with the 20 drops and be done with it.

lastly, those trace elements are essential for our bodies. unless you grow your own vegetables and fruits we arent getting any of them anymore due to Big Ag soil depletion.
and dont freak about the thallium and the chromium. yes, theyre toxic in high doses (like anything, really), but we need the trace amounts of it.

PPS: store any water, if possible, in a polycarbonate container, not that opaque white plastic container to prevent the leaching of dioxin into your distilled.

http://www.amazon.com/Bluewave-Gallo...d_sim_sg_njs_2

for your health!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttQoh...eature=related
bilderburger w/cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #20
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
John this is the water filter the chap in the vid is using
http://www.freshwaterfilter.com/prod...)_Home-GS2-SCD

£103.63 inc. VAT

Choose alternative cartridges for your gravity filter

Depending upon your choice of cartridge, gravity filters are also capable of removing organic pollutants such as agricultural pesticides, herbicides, oestrogens and other chemicals and dissolved heavy metals, such as cadmium, lead and mercury.

* For the removal of fluroride, choose a Malachite cartridge

thats another £11

Turned up this morning No more fluroride for me
Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #21
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

Hey, great thread Connecting w/sauce!!! So, what exactly was your final decission, and what exactly did you buy, I forgot what you had told me, and I think its good to get this thread back up and going for us folks that need some direction! All the best to you, elsi
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #22
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Hi

I got a Mini Classic II water distiller which although noisy all the parts are fully serviceable.

A good under sink water filter or reverse osmosis machine may be the way to get all the stuff out of the water and then re-energise the water with some sort of vortex jug.

My thread on water 70% which is stickied has most of the information in it also.

The main reason I went for the distiller over the filter option is it allows me to make collidial silver. With a family and many people drinking the water I think the distiller route would be unpractical and mean it would be conituously on. I drink ~4L of water a day and it is on twice a day for me... with a family and 4-5 people I feel the filter option plus just would be the better option for drinking... You may still want to consider a distiller for making silver water. If you were going for a distiller for the family route you would need a twin tank and the cost will be higher £600-700 and it runs a seperate tank with valve which means it always has water on tap.

Re-energising with a VORTEX is so important with either route you go to get rid of the memory effects of the polution and negativity in the water...

Don't forget the toothpaste too as this has fluoride in it... retarDEX is fluoride free AND has MMS in it
Old 08-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #23
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

My son found this new water filter that filters out down to the virus level, including HiN1.

http://www.lifesaverusa.com/
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:52 AM   #24
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

Yes...the lifesaver product can be seen on TED talks as well...
great short video....

www.ted.com/

under technology
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote