Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 02-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Armed police stopping drivers in Kettering.

http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Ar...tPageLength=10

Published Date: 28 January 2009
Armed police are stopping drivers in Kettering this afternoon in a traffic check point.
Drivers were being pulled over on the A43 northern bypass near Telford Way industrial estate in a check for motoring offences such as driving without insurance.

The check point would not usually have been manned by armed police officers but Northamptonshire Police used the operation as a training exercise for the firearms team.
Armed police would normally be used in a check point as part of a
counter terrorism operation.

Firearms commander for the operation Mark Lacey said: "All our officers are highly trained but there comes a point in training where we have to exercise in a real a situation as possible.

"We hope people won't be overly concerned - perhaps they might be reassured that people are there preparing should it be necessary to protect anybody."
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Armed police stopping drivers in Kettering.

When i saw this i could not believe it!
Just what are they playing at.
If they wanted to do a practice run for armed police why not put it in a safe environment, it did not say whether these armed police were actually using dud bullits but i would have been terrified if i was pulled over by one of these police.

Okay you see this sort of thing happening in other countries but here, with our strict gun laws it makes you wonder if they are getting us ready for the future (maybe) chaos on the roads when this whole agenda thing takes form.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
Steve_G

Two possibilities spring to mind immediately.

1- They are just getting us used to being stopped and questioned by armed police officers, conditioning us to accept it as normal.

2- They are looking for someone specific, perhaps some dangerous, evil terrorist who was handing out leaflets without a permit.

I'll go with number 1, but wouldn't rule out number 2.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, just another dot in the grand scheme of things in the name of anti terrorism . IT'S FOR YOUR OWN PROCTION . To go with NO POTO'S TO BE TAKEN OF THE POLICE and a number of stoke city fans beeing locked in a pub by the GMP because they thought they MAY be holigans, police have apologised to them . I hope they sue them for wrongful imprisonment. was that you ?
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Thats definately not good.

Jacqui the guns would have been loaded with live ammo, they carry guns and ammo in the cars.
It's a shame to see our country going like this, it used to be a great place to live.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote