Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #2001
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Isn't human nature perverse?

I was just listening to my 'jukebox' playing Slim Whitman singing China Doll and I thought of the Mills Brothers who sang Paper Doll years ago. Two songs that proclaim the advantage of having an artificial woman.

Either I've missed something, or nobody sings a song about the inflatables that have been available for the last 30 or more years.

Or maybe it's just that I don't listen to the right radio stations.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:24 AM   #2002
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Anyone remember this one? Cracks me up...

I want to be a hippie and I want to get stoned on maraaaaaa marijuana

Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #2003
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Run Hippy Run !!
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #2004
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I always try to promote my radio show because it's something I genuinely enjoy doing. I don't do it for money. I do it to prove a point and that is that you cannot stick someone in a box and expect them to stay there. They will eventually break down all the walls and live life the way they've wanted to, like I'm doing now.

Anyway, it's at the WRUV Archives. Click on the Archives link and look for "Janitors From Mars" by the Humble Janitor (yes, that is my DJ name, though I just barely started doing shows) on the scroll-down list.

I've been thinking about playing a mp3 of certain healing frequencies but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea. I could pass them off as instrumentals but then again, it's something I'll look into. I'd have to have a way to explain where they came from and I doubt Old Man FCC would come and complain if I did.

I usually play punk, ska, hardcore and metal. I try to start on a fast note and find songs that that a certain feel to them that I'm looking for.
Thats cool HJ...

I had my own metal radio show on saturday nights back in the '90's.

Man we used to have some fun, Id invite girls to party with me everytime.
The folk would come in on a sunday morning to do their 'gospel' show and find the bins full of empty JD cans/bottles and the whole building smelling like weed. One time the techno guy from the show before me made me skull a bunch of magic mushie juice before I went on air and I spent the show tripping in and out of altered states of reality.

Id get people call in all the time to make requests.. one time an 80 year old man phoned me and said my show was 'keeping him alive' weird but very nice.

Was great while it lasted until some idiot 'friends' of mine had a fight with the firehoses and p****d in the stairwell and I got kicked off the air by management.

Last edited by Luminari; 06-09-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #2005
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Now for something really different - grab yourself your favorite fruity drink, find a comfortable chair to relax in and soak up some Western Swing with a group with the odd name of Asleep At The Wheel. They start the bracket with a slow number and increase the tempo with each new number.

Enjoy.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #2006
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
Thats cool HJ...

I had my own metal radio show on saturday nights back in the '90's.

Man we used to have some fun, Id invite girls to party with me everytime.
The folk would come in on a sunday morning to do their 'gospel' show and find the bins full of empty JD cans/bottles and the whole building smelling like weed. One time the techno guy from the show before me made me skull a bunch of magic mushie juice before I went on air and I spent the show tripping in and out of altered states of reality.

Id get people call in all the time to make requests.. one time an 80 year old man phoned me and said my show was 'keeping him alive' weird but very nice.

Was great while it lasted until some idiot 'friends' of mine had a fight with the firehoses and p****d in the stairwell and I got kicked off the air by management.
Heh.

The station I'm at is too strict and we couldn't get away with any of that. Too many video cameras in the hallways.

One guy got fired for walking down the hallway in a thong. I also know a DJ that brought his girlfriend in so they could make out during his show. I have found empty beer bottles near the station but no way to tell if it was a DJ. There's also a nice old man that DJs and he sleeps on the couch in the station sometimes. Probably doesn't have a warm place to sleep at night.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #2007
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Had a great few days up in the highest mountains in queensland..
Saw 12 shooting stars last night and a weird thing that was probably a spacecraft but im really not sure (guess that qualifies as UFO - unidentified).

I took a little infrared torch and a star map with me and memorised every constellation in the whole sky. I remember them all clearly now and their relative postions in relation to each other, So Im happy, Ive wanted to do that for years but you cant see much down in the city.
Will need to do it again at other points in the future to catch the others that were below the horizon. Fairly close to the earths equator here so you can get a good view of the constellations from both hemispheres.

I have a freakish memory for some reason, I learnt every capital city in the world in 2 days... I ask people to test me as a game and I can remember them even if im drunk .

So learning 88 constellations is no big deal.
I learnt what the latin-english translation of them all is and am going to learn the names of all the alpha stars in each, then beta etc..

Going to do the table of elements soon for fun (anyone have a copy of the extended table of elements that the black-projects work with? John Lear - please help)

What should I memorise next?
Old 06-13-2009, 03:14 AM   #2008
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

That's amazing Luminari, I can't remember yesterday! LOL
OK, How about 9000 digits of Pi........ YouTube - Microsoft Sam recites OVER 9000 digits of Pi

phew!, that's annoying!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:20 AM   #2009
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
That's amazing Luminari, I can't remember yesterday! LOL
OK, How about 9000 digits of Pi........ YouTube - Microsoft Sam recites OVER 9000 digits of Pi

phew!, that's annoying!
Thats funny you say that because I actually did memorise PI to 10 decimals and was annoying anyone who would listen at my work with it
Old 06-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #2010
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Old 06-13-2009, 05:48 AM   #2011
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

This one's a kick ass Dolly Parton cover dedicated to you Brinty (but you may need your blood pressure medication if you watch the second vid )

This ones for the young and young at heart. A little crazy, a little sexy, a bit messed up but totally rockin' (just like me jokes) enjoy (or not):
Actually that video's pretty full on (insane), you'll probably hate it.. oh well, only on Earth hey.. see the humour in it.
The decline of our culture is almost complete. Someone press the reset button (poleshift). Lets start fresh, this time no TV ok?

Last edited by Luminari; 06-13-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #2012
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Okay everybody, you thought you’d seen it all hadn’t you?

Well, I’ve got news for you. How about a singing truck.

Yes, that’s right, a singing truck.

Don’t believe me?

Well just you looky here:

Old 06-14-2009, 01:20 AM   #2013
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

HaHa allrighty then, I went from Queen Adreena to country singing trucks, LOL, where's that poleshift? LOL
Old 06-14-2009, 01:27 AM   #2014
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

This is cool! Dolphin bubbles!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #2015
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

A band from my times, Cinderella-Heartbreak Station

Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 AM   #2016
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

For you Brook:

http://www.azuritepress.com/melchizedek_cloister.html

http://www.azuritepress.com/voyagers_2.html

http://www.amentiproject.net/

http://www.azuritepress.com/index.html

Old 06-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #2017
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

This is the only Lounge you can get a frilly cocktail...and a good book

Here is some good music to go with the books...thanks Luminari

Last edited by BROOK; 06-15-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 AM   #2018
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

One more John Lennon for good measure

YouTube - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night - John Lennon
Old 06-15-2009, 02:30 AM   #2019
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

OK, I know Yoko is weird, but what is she doing there? knitting with a blind fold on?
HaHaHa
Old 06-15-2009, 02:38 AM   #2020
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
OK, I know Yoko is weird, but what is she doing there? knitting with a blind fold on?
HaHaHa
I know..I saw that too...very strange indeed
Old 06-15-2009, 02:47 AM   #2021
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Excuse me while I say....

GO LAKERS !!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #2022
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

HaHa
Old 06-15-2009, 03:04 AM   #2023
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I'm not really all about sports...except Basketball...great game
with great players, and skills...again

Good job Lakers
Old 06-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #2024
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Top Ten Lakers Fans...............

1: Jack Nicholson Really now, was there any doubt? No fan — celebrity or average Joe — is more closely associated with any team than the three-time Academy Award winner is with the Lakers.

2: Dyan Cannon As a Lakers fan, Dyan Cannon is only second to one. Known as much as for her Laker fandom — she's the curly blond bouncing on the baseline — as her acting career, Cannon has been a die-hard regular at Lakers games since the early '70s.

3: Flea/Anthony KiedisFlea and Kiedis, the two founding members of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, wrote not one but two songs about the Lakers on their 1989 album Mother's Milk: a demo called "Salute To Kareem" and the "Magic Johnson" which features these lyrics: Lakers are the team that I watch on the telly
Cause they got more moves
Than a bowl full of jelly

4: Ice Cube While our No. 5 sits in the fourth row, our No. 4 All-Time Celebrity Lakers fan watches the team he's rooted for since he was a zygote from his own private suite.

5: Andy Garcia Garcia grew up loving the Lakers even though he was a continent away in Florida. "The Lakers were one of the teams I followed when I was a kid in Florida because of Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain and Elgin Baylor," Garcia said. "We didn't have a team in Florida. And my first exposure was watching the games on television. We wouldn't have games on TV every night, but when the Lakers were in the playoffs you'd get much more exposure to them."

6: Denzel Washington Want to know why Denzel's No. 6? Just look at the video below. We'll wait. Yes, that's super-Knicks fan Spike Lee taunting the man he's directed in four films. Why? Because Denzel was pulling for Kobe and Co. And while the Mt. Vernon, New York, native has drawn stares for wearing Yankees caps to STAPLES, we're not talking about a Dodgers list, we're talking a Lakers list

7: Penny Marshall How much of a Lakers/hoops fan is director Penny Marshall? Allow American Idol judge Randy Jackson to explain Marshall's fandom. "I'll give you the top two, top three: Jack, Dyan and Penny Marshall," Jackson said. "Those three, those three are always here without fail. Penny's asked me to fly to Arizona on a private plane to see games. They're hardcore."

8: Leonardo DiCaprio A native Los Angelino and a hoops junkie, who actually starred in a movie about a junkie who played hoops, The Basketball Diaries, Leonardo DiCaprio has been a fixture at STAPLES Center since the late '90s.

9: Arsenio Hall For a while in the late '80s and early '90s, Arsenio Hall had the hottest, most-talked-about late night talk show. (You may remember then-Arkansas governor Bill Clinton donning shades, toting a sax and playing "Heartbreak Hotel" on Arsenio's show in June of 1992.)

10: Doris Day Yes, Doris Day. Surprised? We knew you would be. For years, celebrities flocked to watch the Hollywood Stars of the Pacific Coast League, and later the Los Angeles Dodgers. On Sundays in the fall, celebs would head to the L.A. Coliseum to watch the Rams. But as Jerry West would attest, the Lakers' arrival in L.A. barely made a ripple in the sports pages and with Hollywood.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #2025
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Another duplicate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's 3 duplicates I've had in three days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never had any before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dantheman62; 06-15-2009 at 04:13 AM.