Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Default Florida Town Told To Arm Themselves!

Is this what the people think is needed for the coming times?

"
Plan urges firearms in every Belleview home

By Bill Thompson
Staff writer

Published: Monday, August 17, 2009 at 6:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 11:02 p.m.
A proposed resolution set to go before the Belleview City Commission urges the head of every household in the city to have a gun in order to protect their families and to keep the peace in an emergency.

On Tuesday, the board will consider the plan, which has been introduced by Belleview resident Donny Barber, to encourage "all law abiding citizens to own a handgun, rifle or shotgun and receive adequate training to become proficient in the use of and safe handling of the weapon so they are prepared to protect themselves and their families."

The resolution also calls on homeowners to "maintain a firearm, together with ammunition" in order "to provide for the emergency management" of the city, as well as "to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare" of Belleview and its residents.

Tuesday's action would be the first of two steps to enact the resolution.

Commissioners would have to vote to direct staff to draft the document in the city's official format.

If they agree to that, the resolution would come back a second time in September for final adoption.

Barber is the executive director of the Sovereignty Action Committee, an Ocala-based group that wants the state to assert its rights against federal encroachment, as outlined in the Constitution's 10th Amendment.

His resolution offers 14 reasons why Belleview residents should arm themselves.

He cites the Second Amendment, as well as the District of Columbia vs. Heller case, in which the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the Constitution grants private citizens the right to own firearms.

Barber also notes other court rulings that have held "citizens are ultimately responsible for their own defense.

Furthermore, he mentions that criminals commit 10 million violent crimes a year, but several studies indicate that gun ownership helps deter crime.

"The right of a person to possess a weapon to protect himself and his family should be an undeniable right of all Americans," one clause of the resolution says. "Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens make all people safer including those who do not own guns."

One commissioner reached for comment on Friday labeled the proposal "redundant" in light of the Second Amendment, and expressed doubt that the board would advance it.

"They've got a long way to go to convince me" that the resolution is needed, Commissioner Ken Nadeau said.

The proposal does contain great latitude.

Exempt from the suggestion to own and keep a gun would be residents with a mental or physical disability that prohibits them from owning firearms, convicted felons, "paupers" and those who "conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine."
"
http://www.ocala.com/article/2009081...Belleview-home
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Florida Town Told To Arm Themselves!

My supposition is that there are folks who know that mandatory vaccinations may be on the way, along with quarantine in the FEMA camps for those who don't comply. I guess they are preparing for civil war. God help us all. Perhaps we can pass a law preventing WHO/Federal takeover of our rights in case of a declared pandemic. I don't know if that would help, however. What in the world else would the camps be for? Hurricane victims? Very confusing times, no?
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

this is very interesting indeed.

I read this article twice and get mixed feelings with this.

I am not going to point my finger at anybody who decides this is the answer nor will I point at the ones who disagree.

I think it boils down to what the ones in power see it as.

I wonder if other states will follow suit as so many of them have with their attempts to become sovereign.

It is a very interesting time for all of us to be here today. I certainly would like to see this carried out.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

The laboratory manufactured influenza or other desease are not the only reason for keeping weapons at home . People should think about the following scenarios . It is entirely my speculation

1) Forced vaccinations for lab manufactured flue and other deseases ..
2) Forced vaccinations linked to a certificate that allows access to bank money for each adult . No certificate no money withdrawal .
3) The dollar collapse , a bank holiday is declared and when some banks re-open ,a new currency will be in place and the old dollar is no longer legal tender .
The exchange rate for the new currency will be 10 old bucks for 1 of the new . A new device to fleece the population legally .
4) The dollar collapse and the shelves of the supermarket empty. The police does not turn up for work because the cops are busy looking for food for their families ... the low life motto will be " A gun can get you food " .

Is this a scenario out of MAD MAX or a real possibilty ? People should be ready for the worst . The criminality of the ones in charge has no limits ... we have seen it over and over .... 1.3 Million dead in Iraq are recent testimony .
enemyofNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

A town in Georgia did this many years ago due to the rising violent crime rates. Surprise surprise, all crime rates dropped dramatically, but particularly violent crime rates.

Years ago when I moved out to the country I asked a local businessman why there were so few crimes out there and he said, "Because everyone owns a gun". Now, that is hardly a scientific study, but it is revealing. Cities that have very tight gun restrictions have the highest crime rates, and it is believed that criminals would rather prey on the relatively defenseless, and criminals don't care about gun laws so they point a gun and have the upper hand.

Deterrence is a wonderful thing. It would be great if we lived in a non-violent society, but that is not the case.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

In an effort to reduce costs some smaller towns may need to eliminate law enforcement or reduce man power and if this happens you are your last line of self defense . The only other way around this is to Federalize all law enforcement or call in the National Guard to police the streets
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
In an effort to reduce costs some smaller towns may need to eliminate law enforcement or reduce man power and if this happens you are your last line of self defense . The only other way around this is to Federalize all law enforcement or call in the National Guard to police the streets
Police rarely are on hand while a violent crime is taking place, so a great majority of the time you are your FIRST line of defense. Males far outnumber females in violent crime, and I am always amazed at women who are so anti second amendment right since a gun is a great equalizer. Of course, if you won't learn how to properly use a weapon or are unwilling to use it, then don't pull it out as it will more than likely be used against you.

I believe gun control is hitting what you aim at.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Somehow i do not believe that army or/and police will force people to get vaccinated. according to my gut feeling it won't work....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Somehow i do not believe that army or/and police will force people to get vaccinated. according to my gut feeling it won't work....

Cliff High said this won't happen because they don't have the man power to force this on the people.
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #10
jujumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernSantuary View Post

Cliff High said this won't happen because they don't have the man power to force this on the people.

Well, Cliff High could be wrong, who knows, but have you guys seen this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-America.html

This is has to be interesting to a lot of us.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #11
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

there are 350 million people in the united states, In detroit alone with a popualtion of 8-900,000 people there are stats that there is 8 million guns in the city of detroit . With them odds you'd be better living in the wild west days than extracting all those guns.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #12
Spiralmind

I think this is a great idea for the deterrence alone. I don't think I could bring myself to actually kill someone unless my wife was in danger. I don't want to go the violence route.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #13
Swanny
I dont need a label !

If I lived in America I would have a few guns

and a cowboy hat
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #14
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I must be the only one that sees guns as unnecessary, especially in a new paradigm.

It's just people encouraging people to ramp up the fear by stashing guns so that they may shoot/maim/kill each other as always.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:01 AM   #15
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernSantuary View Post
Is this what the people think is needed for the coming times?

Plan urges firearms in every Belleview home

http://www.ocala.com/article/2009081...Belleview-home
Blessings NorthernSantuary,

On labor day I heard a Florida State Park Ranger speaking about the Castle Doctrine in regards to self defense rights.

Here are a couple links regarding the law.

You cannot shoot someone outside of your home or car, even if they are merely touching it. You can only defend yourself with your gun once they have attempted to enter your space.

Fortifying The Right To Self-Defense

Excerpt:

Quote:
Florida's "Castle Doctrine" law does the following:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, so the occupant may use force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others.

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force. It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them. In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors to focus on protecting victims.
SOURCE: http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactShe...ad.aspx?ID=188

Ohio's Pro-Gun Attitude and Enactment of the Castle Doctrine

March 11, 2009
Posted In: Firearms Articles , Ohio Title II Firearm Trust & Class III Attorney
By David M. Goldman on March 11, 2009 1:27 PM | Permalink

Recent amendments to the Ohio Concealed Carry laws exemplify an increasingly pro-gun sentiment in the state. In particular, the legislature enacted Senate Bill 184 as an amendment to Ohio's Concealed Carry law, more commonly referred to as the Castle Doctrine, into law on June 10, 2008. By passing the bill through legislature with tremendous support (31-0 in the Senate and 73-23 in the House), Ohio follows states such as Texas, South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, and 14 others, in protecting the right of gun owners to protect their "castle."

GUN LAWS
Florida "Castle Doctrine" Protects the Innocent
http://www.gunlaws.com/FloridaCastleDoctrine.htm

Last edited by peaceandlove; 09-10-2009 at 02:07 AM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:28 AM   #16
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
Blessings NorthernSantuary,

On labor day I heard a Florida State Park Ranger speaking about the Castle Doctrine in regards to self defense rights.

Here are a couple links regarding the law.

You cannot shoot someone outside of your home or car, even if they are merely touching it. You can only defend yourself with your gun once they have attempted to enter your space.

GUN LAWS
Florida "Castle Doctrine" Protects the Innocent
http://www.gunlaws.com/FloridaCastleDoctrine.htm
I don't advocate what I am about to tell you, but more than one officer told my mother when we were kids and my dad was out to sea that if an intruder comes into our home to shoot them on sight, and to keep shooting them because if they are not dead it causes trouble.

You do have the right to defend yourself outside of your home or car if you are being threatened. The caviat is that if they turn around you better not shoot no matter what they have done. One man caught an intruder who broke into his house and was upstairs raping his 12 year old little girl. He lost his house to the criminal after he shot him and the guy fell out the bedroom window and was paralyzed. Oh, that reminds me, the cops also told my mom back then that if the criminal managed to get outside to drag them back into the house.

Odd world we live in sometimes. I don't expect trouble, and I haven't had any, but I still own weapons, insurance, spyware, spamware and virus detectors.

I have a problem with the idea that if you have a means of protection that you are somehow feeding a paradigm of violence. Weapons are not violent in and of themselves. People who use them can be.

I also have a problem with the notion that people who buy lottery tickets are somehow taking on all the bad energy of those who did not win. To me that would be the same as anyone who gets a job is taking on bad energy of everyone who didn't get that job but wanted it. If you buy a ticket you have just that, a ticket. You take on whatever energy you allow yourself to take on, it's that simple. We each have free will, and no matter how spiritually evolved I may be, I doubt everyone else in the world will evolve the same. Some are lower spiritually and some are higher. We are each where we need to be.