Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you believe in fate??
Yes 10 90.91%
No 1 9.09%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Lightbulb Fate

Judging by my life experiences everything that happens to me is fate or my destiny.
I see life as a journey that has to stop at certain places but I have been given the free will to travel between points how ever I like.

I have made plans that will make my life easier if there is a shortage of food etc but I'm not worried about bird flu or whatever else is meant to kill me as when it's my time to go then there is nothing I can do about it.

I believe some people and events are unavoidable.
Anyone else feel the same???

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: Fate

No body likes the idea of fate then??

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
ElvenMyst
Avalon Senior Member

I have had endless debates about fate and free will. And I agree with Swanny...life is a mixture of fate and free will. The day you're born....some of the people you meet...and the day you die are agreed on a soul level before incarnation.The rest involves at least some amount of choice.The best (and simplest) definition that I have heard is....

'Fate is what happens to you....free will is how you choose to deal with what happens to you' .
ElvenMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
carcharodon
Avalon Senior Member

If this is all destiny, then we're puppets in someone's farce. Even by being passive you're controlling the outcome.
carcharodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
Danielle

I used to constantly push myself trying to realise certain goals, or lead my life in a certain direction (where I thought I should be, not neccessarily where i wanted to be), something always managed to pull me away from it... fate perhaps?

However, I also believe in free will though in that I think we have a certain amount of control over our lives... I believe that the journey is laid for us, but how we get from A to B is the free will part
Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Fate

To use that word is to describe an amazing or unwanted event. But it is just a word like - luck. Everything is pre determined or rather an approach to how your journey shall unfold and with this markers are placed (and changed) as you go through life. Free will alters the game but not the intention or goal of this life experience. Depending on your choices you may experience an altered "fate" point in your life but it still carries the same meaning.

So what is fate? Simply, a reminder that you are meeting the requirement of your visit here. Fate is not a reward or punishment but rather a milestone met in your real progress here. Have you ever had a feeling that you had "dreamt" some activity previously - a very quick but puzzling realisation that you knew this/that would happen? That is acknowledgement that you are correctly following your life path for the greatest achievement.

Hope this helps, but no doubt causes more questions.

Macros
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Fate

There are no puppet masters, but only guides.

In our current level of understanding - only confusion.

It is a benchmark displaying out current level of growth.

We have nothing to be ashamed of for we are growing and learning.

The outcome of this game will be success or even what we term FATE.

Macros
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote