Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member

Default Consciousness and the Mind

A couple posts had me thinking about consciousness and the mind. It seems there are a lot of people out there who try and use their consciousness/spiritual influence as the main source of guidance, while ignoring the importance of the mind. I think both these elements play a key factor in learning what “one should do”.

Essentially, the main different I’ve noticed is that the mind it programmable and consciousness is not. This is important because it enables people to overcome the programming by using their consciousness. Once you’ve made progress in this area, it becomes an importance to also engage in the use of your mind.

You need to decide what it is you want, if anything. If you really don’t care if you live or die, because this is all an experience, you need to also go through this process with your mind to reach a decision. Now, I’m not saying you should let your mind overpower/fear you into any actions, after all, that’s the programming side. But what I am advocating is the power that your brain does have to help guide your consciousness as well. It’s a joint effort, after – for I am using my brain to type this message.

It reminds me of the interview with David Icke and Project Camelot. It was basically agreed that this was a virtual reality, and we should realize such, and while in wake of this, treat it as though it were real, because for the time being this is where you can make change. It also stands in George Green’s “stay in observer mode” statements.

I only post this because I feel it would be an awfully big waste of this experience to spend the whole time to figure out who you already were, as opposed to using your experience to educate others. If you want to sit back and just wait it out because this is all an experience, be prepared for that path. Because just being a consciously enlightened human being won’t stop the swell of emotions you feel when certain events will happen. There’s no point in being an enlightened human being if you just sit back and get steam rolled.

Reality is your not much good on this planet if you’re dead. Sure, you leave behind your influence to others for perhaps eternity, but those influences come from when you were alive. I guess you need to ask yourself, "how far would I go to make a difference?"

Be ready both spiritually and physically as well, for the combination of the two will make the greater difference when this experience has ended. Just my thoughts.
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Consciousness and the Mind

Meant to post on general.
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #3
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Pm a mod and ask him to move it
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

I get what your saying here Tramik, and I agree with you that it's not about living in some altered consciousness state and ignoring the world around us. It's not about thinking our brain is the enemy so we're not going to use it anymore, that's for sure.

For me, it is though, about realizing I'm more than the thinker. I AM the consciousness behind the thinker. For me it's about connecting to the consciousness beyond the thinker and letting it flow freely through my 'four lower bodies' and world. The ideal is when the action starts in consciousness, in the heart, it is my guide, the father within doeth the work as Jesus said.

However, it then goes to the brain where it becomes real and applicable in this linear dimension.

So for me, it's not about ignoring the mind, rather realizing that it's a tool for the light to come into the world rather than who I am. I believe we get caught up in the story that the mind tells and mistakenly believe this is who we are. That story ultimately limits our abilities in this world because it's a story based on separation and illusion. When I affirm the reality that I AM infinite potentiality in the eternal Now, I AM that I AM, then I start to access that true divine power within. The story of thinking I'm anything less than that is the limiting factor, and it's the ego using the mind that is creating that story.

Again though, I agree with your direction here. We are here to help effect change in our world, and truly the best way to effect a change in consciousness within ourselves, is to take the attention off of ourselves and put it onto those and the world around us. The more we help others awaken to the divinity within them, the more we will awaken to the divinity within ourselves.

That being said, when you do achieve enlightenment, you are not about to be steamrolled by anyone. I believe you will feel virtually infinitely more alive than the thinker allows you to, and you will be far more aware of what is happening within and around you than you can possibly be while still living through the ego. You'll also be much more effective at bringing forth change on this planet, perhaps infinitely so, than you will before enlightenment.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #5
day
Retired Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramik View Post
A couple posts had me thinking about consciousness and the mind. It seems there are a lot of people out there who try and use their consciousness/spiritual influence as the main source of guidance, while ignoring the importance of the mind. I think both these elements play a key factor in learning what “one should do”.

Essentially, the main different I’ve noticed is that the mind it programmable and consciousness is not. This is important because it enables people to overcome the programming by using their consciousness. Once you’ve made progress in this area, it becomes an importance to also engage in the use of your mind.

You need to decide what it is you want, if anything. If you really don’t care if you live or die, because this is all an experience, you need to also go through this process with your mind to reach a decision. Now, I’m not saying you should let your mind overpower/fear you into any actions, after all, that’s the programming side. But what I am advocating is the power that your brain does have to help guide your consciousness as well. It’s a joint effort, after – for I am using my brain to type this message.

It reminds me of the interview with David Icke and Project Camelot. It was basically agreed that this was a virtual reality, and we should realize such, and while in wake of this, treat it as though it were real, because for the time being this is where you can make change. It also stands in George Green’s “stay in observer mode” statements.

I only post this because I feel it would be an awfully big waste of this experience to spend the whole time to figure out who you already were, as opposed to using your experience to educate others. If you want to sit back and just wait it out because this is all an experience, be prepared for that path. Because just being a consciously enlightened human being won’t stop the swell of emotions you feel when certain events will happen. There’s no point in being an enlightened human being if you just sit back and get steam rolled.

Reality is your not much good on this planet if you’re dead. Sure, you leave behind your influence to others for perhaps eternity, but those influences come from when you were alive. I guess you need to ask yourself, "how far would I go to make a difference?"

Be ready both spiritually and physically as well, for the combination of the two will make the greater difference when this experience has ended. Just my thoughts.
theres a few mouthfuls in your post....you are making some points about mind and counsciousness and it seems that the rest of your post is defining what you believe....

there is absolutely no way that you could have mind without counsciousness because mind is created out of the fabric of consciousness. Believe it or not, mind is only the complete and total sum of every interaction one has had since forming in the womb. That is a big idea to wrap our thoughts around with so much emphesis on 'mind' and consciousness.

There is also so way, one could appreciate this unless one has had an experience in which one interacted without what one knows to be his or her mind as in the sum total of ones history of thought and interaction

I wrote a little bit about my experience on pineal gland awakening thread in spirituality.

the reason I did not elaborate is because it would seem to far fetched unless one has also had a similiar experience and has had some knowing.

The greatest gift of all is that we are creating every single moment within this fabric of consciousness. What the mind has is reflection, usually of self within its ever changing invironment, and it does so for its survival. The mind works upon the idea it has of its self, and its self in relation to its environment.

Consciousness, needs to be defined from spirit. Spirit is a different form of consciousness, or this vast sea-like substance that we create from, than is the consciousness of the mind.

I have had 2 nde, very different from christians, and both times the mind I knew simply did not exist, for the field of consciousness in which all information is accurate and instantaneous is what naturally became my experience.

Some people need to focus on the spiritual because so little attention was paid to it and also because that might be the bent of their own character.

you sound action oriented, strong and healthy, adventurous and ready.
Your understanding of mind, counsciousness and body, will be exactly as much as your experiences have been, and will expand as your experience expands.

Your cognitive interpretation then is based on your confidence level, lack of fear and desire of intent.

My own experiences are different than yours, but I do not compare, nor do I feel that I should expand upon this understanding to anyone. it is not possible, unless they too have something similar to mine. I have met two men who had something similiar but vastly different just the same, we completely understand each other.

What matters most is the degree of honest integrity of our own inner reality, that is our reality check.

no matter what your age is, or anyone else's, or our intent, how we live with ourselves and each other is directly influenced by our spiritual, emotional maturity.

This is what I have learned ....

Thanks for starting such a great thread...

Last edited by day; 07-30-2009 at 06:54 AM.
day is offline   Reply With Quote