Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Default Mass Hack...And they aint after you and ME

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...?mod=yhoofront

To Paraphrase.....The big bad corps of the PTW are being hacked and their info on illegal dealings being leaked into the light.

Creator Bless the computer Nerds......
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Mass Hack...And they aint after you and ME

Be mindful, you know they will twist up the info and try to arrest the hackers and claim other garbage or the just plain obvious to keep the hackers in jail Like Mckenna or who ever that poor guys is from the U.K.
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Go Good-Guys! Go Good-Gals! Go White-Hats!
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
gita
Avalon Senior Member

This could be part of the retaliation promised to Gary McKinnon by worldwide hackers. Good to see they’ve targeted the cooperation and trying to bring out their secrets out into the open.

On the flip side, this could give TBTB the excuse to bring in Internet2.

http://freegary.org.uk/
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gita View Post
This could be part of the retaliation promised to Gary McKinnon by worldwide hackers. Good to see they’ve targeted the cooperation and trying to bring out their secrets out into the open.

On the flip side, this could give TBTB the excuse to bring in Internet2.

http://freegary.org.uk/
Had not heard about that.....fantastic.

I'm throwing all my support & love behind those hackers
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

I think this is what we all should be able to do with technology... bring it back down to the level... our devices, our terms.
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Go Good-Guys! Go Good-Gals! Go White-Hats!
These are not good guys. The odds are just overwhelming that they are not doing this for altruistic reasons. Anyone who has had their identities or credit information stolen would not see intrusions like this in any positive light whatsoever. This is a sophisticated attack conducted by someone with some funding and not pimply faced geeks in their mother's basement somewhere. "Good guys" don't steal intellectual property no more than they would steal your mother's purse.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 View Post
Creator Bless the computer Nerds......
just wait, the corpse will be yelling about crime
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Had not heard about that.....fantastic.

I'm throwing all my support & love behind those hackers
Gary mentioned it in his interview with Camelot. Here’s the quote,

‘KC: Now I'm just curious, have you had the "hacker community" come out for you in any way?
GM: Well, I was never part of the scene, so to speak. I did contact a couple of chaps whom I saw in a newsgroup posting with what seemed like very, very well-informed andknowledgeable comments on my case, and one of those chaps is now the guy who runs the freegary website. He's, you know, very knowledgeable, very worthwhile, very, very caring - one of these people that seems to be sacrificing his entire self for the good of everyone else. And I've read some stuff that lots of hackers are angry. I've read that hackers have said: If Gary goes to jail in America, we'll hack the bejesus out of the American government. [Kerry laughs]
[Gary shakes finger admonishingly at camera] Please don't do that, chaps.
KC: Do you have other people sort of in there batting for you? Like family? Friends?’
Unquote

The full transcript is here;

http://projectcamelot.org/lang/en/ga...script_en.html

or watch it on youtube
Old 02-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
These are not good guys. The odds are just overwhelming that they are not doing this for altruistic reasons. Anyone who has had their identities or credit information stolen would not see intrusions like this in any positive light whatsoever. This is a sophisticated attack conducted by someone with some funding and not pimply faced geeks in their mother's basement somewhere. "Good guys" don't steal intellectual property no more than they would steal your mother's purse.
Do you know this for sure? Because it sounds like speculation to me.
Maybe they are computer nerds who are helping to bring down the ptb. As Otho said White Hats.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Gita: Tks for posting that interview...I am falling behind with the news Was not aware of this interview. I'm off to watch now.

Just finished watching.....smart guy! I'm actually surprised that there is not a gag order on him? Interestingly, in a round about way, Gary is doing disclosure.......maybe tptb are using him to disclose some info....so it takes the pressure off of them to do it. In this way, the public will accept small doses of info without questioning thptb, or challenging them for their lies over the years. could be a win/win for them and us. hmmmmmmm

Last edited by waitinginthewings; 02-18-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #12
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Gary McKinnon had no funding whatsoever and had locked himself away for months while trying to find the truth about ufos and also felt the public had a right to know the truth. There are many ‘pimple faced geeks’ who are also trying to do the same and are putting their lives on the line to ‘steal’ the truth and bring it all out into the open. White hats are also such people and most are doing a great job.

Last edited by gita; 02-18-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #13
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Gita: Tks for posting that interview...I am falling behind with the news Was not aware of this interview. I'm off to watch now.
You are welcomed.

To be honest, Gary didn’t give much away but he did indicate that he may have something up his sleeve in order to bargain with the government – Kerry tried to find out what this may be but had no luck. I suppose if it could save his life, then he couldn’t divulge it. I thought the interview was a bit of waste of time as there was no new info revealed.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #14
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Do you know this for sure? Because it sounds like speculation to me.
Maybe they are computer nerds who are helping to bring down the ptb. As Otho said White Hats.
Pure fantasy.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #15
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Gary McKinnon had no funding whatsoever and had locked himself away for months while trying to find the truth about ufos and also felt the public had a right to know the truth. There are many ‘pimple faced geeks’ who are also trying to do the same and are putting their lives on the line to ‘steal’ the truth and bring it all out into the open. White hats are also such people and most are doing a great job.
Gary McKinnon was a dope smoking kid with a dial up modem. He wasn't a champion of truth and justice by any means and neither are these criminals we are talking about here. You're cheering them on right now but you wouldn't be if they stole your personal information or that of your loved ones. You wouldn't consider them "white hats" if they stole your hard work and property and ruined your business.

It is a well known fact that the Chinese have an army of hackers and I am reasonably certain they do not have our best interests at heart. No one who commits crime of this magnitude is doing it for good of humanity. That is just a fantasy. Sorry.

Last edited by trainedobserver; 02-18-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #16
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Gary McKinnon was a dope smoking kid with a dial up modem. He wasn't a champion of truth and justice by any means and neither are these criminals we are talking about here. You're cheering them on right now but you wouldn't be if they stole your personal information or that of your loved ones. You wouldn't consider them "white hats" if they stole your hard work and property and ruined your business.

It is a well known fact that the Chinese have an army of hackers and I am reasonably certain they do not have our best interests at heart. No one who commits crime of this magnitude is doing it for good of humanity. That is just a fantasy. Sorry.
Assumptions. Neither wrong or right.

What we should understand is that like any labeled individual in this world, "Hackers" are not good or bad. They do what they choose. Its that freedom that you must respect, whether or not your scared of how they use this power and knowledge.

Also, a real Hacker is not someone who is employed by larger entities to play games. A real hacker commits acts that reduce the rules and boundaries of the game.

Long live the Hacker.

peace
Firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #17
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

If you like destroying secrecy...

Wikileaks is where the white hats anonymously release information. It is an incredible resource for fighting censorship and is in need of some help right now.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #18
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Shaman View Post
If you like destroying secrecy...

Wikileaks is where the white hats anonymously release information. It is an incredible resource for fighting censorship and is in need of some help right now.
Hey Shaman: tks for the link....I'm off to check it out & possibly bookmark it.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #19
lisa
Avalon Senior Member

There is a noticeable ramp up of news and shows about Cybersecurity the past couple weeks.
Maybe this news is part of the campaign to gear up support for further Internet tightening.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #20
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

cnn are playing the strangest ads
about something about the internet
will be on at 8pm on saturday nite ?
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #21
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

When it comes to hackers, there are two types: hackers and crackers. Crackers tend to go after passwords and cracking software codes, etc. Hackers are people that issue DOS attacks and go for the bigger targets. Personal experience and I might be wrong. I know many crackers and know some white hats as well as malicious crackers. The malicious crackers are losing out because the white hats are developing programs that are immune to malicious attacks, etc. It takes a while but it will render the malicious stuff ineffective over time.

It's not fun having information stolen but that's why you need to be careful about who you interact with.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #22
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it of course. However, I’m also entitled to mine and in my world my counts a whole lot more than yours ever will. Please try to distinguish between hackers who go after the truth and info denied to the public and those who blatantly have made a career out of stealing personal information for the purpose of self gain – basically greed which applies to many corporations. Your level of discernment is lacking.

I’ve noticed with all your previous posts that you seem to revel in being a disrupter (my opinion again) and you choose to make statements that are baseless and arguments that have no premises. This shows to me that your critical thinking is obviously challenged. I’ve also notice and have previously told you that you belittle people and tend to attack them rather than just make a valid statement. That said, I’ve also noticed that now and then you post calmer posts after being challenged in order to bring yourself back into favour. I have nothing against you as I do not know you and from my observation I count myself lucky that this will never be the case. However, I’m bored now of reading senseless statements and even wasting my time. I’m not sure what game you’re playing but I choose not to engage and although at first I found it humorous, now I find your posts translating in my head as ‘blah blah blah’ – this is not a show of disrespect in any way although I’m aware that in translation this may come across as otherwise.

May discernment and logic be yours in time...

Peace to you.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #23
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it of course.
Actually if you've listened to Gary he admits to being a dope smoking kid with a dial up modem. He made a terrible mistake and was caught.

Quote:
you choose to make statements that are baseless and arguments that have no premises.
Untrue. I challenge you to show me where I have done so.

Quote:
. I’ve also notice and have previously told you that you belittle people and tend to attack them rather than just make a valid statement.
That is untrue. I challenge you to show me where I have attacked anyone personally or belittle anyone on this forum. It simply is untrue. I jokingly told a fellow to put down his crack pipe after he/she made an outrageous statement about MUFON after which I apologized for the bad joke.

Your problem with me is that I don't go along with the party line here and entertain everyone's else's fantasies. If you have in your mind screwed things around to where criminal activity is "good" and "proper" you are in my opinion not a good person at heart. Anyone who cheers on criminals are either ignorant or criminals themselves. Ignorance can be cured.

The sad fact is a great number of people here aren't interested in the truth, they are interested in furthering their own fantasy lives. This was apparent in the "snow circles" thread where the truth about crop circles was presented not only by myself but by two actual crop circle makers who are ingrained (pun intended) in the crop circle community and who know the researchers who ignore the evidence presented to them that crop circles are man made.

Anytime in the future where you see I have posted something just don't read it. No one is forcing you to read what I write. You protest far too much.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #24
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
The sad fact is a great number of people here aren't interested in the truth, they are interested in furthering their own fantasy lives. This was apparent in the "snow circles" thread where the truth about crop circles was presented not only by myself but by two actual crop circle makers who are ingrained (pun intended) in the crop circle community and who know the researchers who ignore the evidence presented to them that crop circles are man made.
Really TO....how far does "truth" extend past your fingertips....maybe a foot or 2.

You read it or heard something somewhere. Second hand and you brought into into your realm of "truth".

You are absolutely right...there are folks out there doing ID theft...there are folks trolling for your credit card data.

I know this....though I just have read about it....As far as trusting what I read...it May never have happened..EVER

Didn't happen in my 3 foot reality

Back to hacking...There is a large group of intelligent truth minded folks that know that these PTB controlled companies think they are impervious to attacks and leave data lying around all over their servers and desktops.

Stuff that incriminates them....badly

ClimateGate

Peace Y'all
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #25
Luana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it of course. However, I’m also entitled to mine and in my world my counts a whole lot more than yours ever will. Please try to distinguish between hackers who go after the truth and info denied to the public and those who blatantly have made a career out of stealing personal information for the purpose of self gain – basically greed which applies to many corporations. Your level of discernment is lacking.

I’ve noticed with all your previous posts that you seem to revel in being a disrupter (my opinion again) and you choose to make statements that are baseless and arguments that have no premises. This shows to me that your critical thinking is obviously challenged. I’ve also notice and have previously told you that you belittle people and tend to attack them rather than just make a valid statement. That said, I’ve also noticed that now and then you post calmer posts after being challenged in order to bring yourself back into favour. I have nothing against you as I do not know you and from my observation I count myself lucky that this will never be the case. However, I’m bored now of reading senseless statements and even wasting my time. I’m not sure what game you’re playing but I choose not to engage and although at first I found it humorous, now I find your posts translating in my head as ‘blah blah blah’ – this is not a show of disrespect in any way although I’m aware that in translation this may come across as otherwise.

May discernment and logic be yours in time...

Peace to you.
Thank you Gita...I've noticed this also.
Luana is offline   Reply With Quote