Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, & good night

Audio Note: Accompanying this read with Carl Orff's O Fortuna from his masterpiece Carmina Burana makes it an exceptional experience.

And so it continues...

In the past month, life has began to explode into moments like never before. I cannot imagine going back to the concept of my old life and ignore the story that is unfolding out of every movement. It feels like the moments are dancing with another to some ancient ballad of long forgotten. The world is changing. The people are changing. The thoughts are changing. Life is evolving.

People are wandering into my life at an alarming rate. Like minds, beautiful minds are collaborating in ways I never would of dreamed of. Is life indeed this story that we so read about. But in all actuality, we are truly reading about ourselves, and this is all just coming to fruition at the spark of a thought. One can only wonder.

I discovered the existence of a book lately. A lone book never published but possessing something of extreme value. I know where it is, and hopefully, I will be able to reach it in due time. The myths of man seem to be of dire importance in understanding all of this. Truth lies in the cryptic word, and it takes a curious mind to unlock its secrets. Even a simple moment can contain a world full of answers, and even more questions.

The fifth night has passed, and the sixth day has now been upon us for exactly a month. Much has happened in this small period. Especially for myself...

On the 13th of the last month, when the sixth day began on a Thursday, I had a meditation class (student group) on campus. Usually, it is just me and this other girl, Polly, however today there was another girl and guy who supposedly came a couple weeks ago but I missed the meeting (Thankfully, as I hated the idea of leaving Polly there by herself). When I came in I burst into some crazy idea with Polly making the impression of being quite an eccentric with these two people.

After I spoke my piece for like five minutes, we all quickly talked about meditation and then chanted "Hare Krishna" and other Vedic chants for like forty minutes. As soon as we finished, the new girl in the group dropped to the ground and then sat right back up, and just exploded with energy, "That was so unbelievably amazing. I wish all of you could of been feeling the energy I was feeling from all of you. It was just so overwhelming and wonderful."

I began to laugh and then responded, "Of course we all felt your energy, and vice versa. That's the lovely thing about group meditation. You get this crazy multiplier effect that's just amazing."

The next day, I went to a discussion panel that a student group (secular humanists) I belonged to was hosting. I ended up sitting down by accident to the same girl from the meditation class and we exchanged smiles. There was this weird energy between me and her as we all listened on to the discussion. She ended up leaving a little early as I said "shucks" inside my head.

That weekend another incredible incident happened to me with ridiculous synchronicites and beautiful moments. Things were started to unfold at an alarming rate (Note: Being I already wrote about it, the whole story can be found here).

However, after that weekend on Monday, my student group met and the same girl was at the group meeting. It turns out she was a member but we've just missed each other at different meetings (this would of been like my third). My friend Emi joined out of the blue, and both of us were all acquainted with each other. After the meeting, the three of us were talking and slowly wandered outside together. They made plans to go "smoke" together and invited me along. I was awfully tempted by my only ride home was leaving in like ten minutes so I passed. The girl ended up giving me her phone number.

"Hey I never really got your name, what was it?"
She smiled back and responded, "Claudia."
"Excuse me, what did you say?"
"Claudia."
"Wait, what?" I said a third time just in disbelief thinking my ears were messing with me as they have done may times before.
"Claudia."
"I'm sorry, I just never met a Claudia before."

That Thursday, I saw her at the meditation group again along with Polly. The three of us talked a little bit longer than last time, and I ended up showing them some of my photography. I mentioned to them how I found some "magic mushrooms" while hunting for them this Fall, being I knew they were of the open minded type. I told them how they were Amanita Muscaria, not the usual Psilocybe mushrooms most people are used to in that it is much more of a spiritual experience than recreational.

Claudia began talking about her different meditation routine, where she usually tries to do something physical before meditating like yoga, and that she recently started practicing poi too.

My eyes lit up at the sight of that. "What poi? You do poi!?"
"Oh not really, but I've been trying a bit lately."

I talked a little bit with her and told her what I did, also in that I'd be willing to teach her. She didn't tell me right then, but she just realized she had seen me [possibly for the first time] on the 7th while doing a fire performance in downtown Portland. There are also these other little details that enfolded that same night but this story would go on forever then (well, technically it does).

Next week on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, her and I ended up teaching each other our trades, me poi, and her yoga. We had a wonderful time, basically on a "play date" if you will. We then made plans for tomorrow where we decided to take a trip together with the Amanitas being we've both each dabbled in them only a little once.

That next day was wonderful. Something strange and wonderful happened, and it was until I hugged her for the first time as I said good bye that evening. There was something truly strange and unique about the girl. On an interesting side note, she was part Mayan with her mother being a native Guatemalan.

Last night, I was at a holiday potluck that Claudia had invited me too. I really only knew one other person there but ended up having a wonderful evening as many were students at the local art institute full of creativity and energy. Toward the end of the night, this guy Brian a couple years older than me, ran up to me excited as hell. Brian was this very eccentric massage therapist/reiki healer from New Hampshire who was just exploding with energy the whole night.

"Gregor, you need to go after that girl. She is someone who you should always keep by your side. I don't know how to say this, but man, she really loves you. She really does. You two are something else."

I looked at Brian and replied very calmly. "Brian, all I can say about me and her, we are at the exact same level, and I'm going to leave it at that."

For what Brian didn't know, is what had been on my mind that had been unfolding this past month with this girl; why I had almost choked on my own tongue when I learned of her name. When she told me her name, it fell like time had stopped right there. That something I honestly hadn't imagined happening for a long time for some reason. It was like a memory being unlocked from the deep depths of my consciousness.

When I was a little kid, I use to say all the time, "Claudia is the most beautiful name in the entire world. If I ever have a daughter, I am going to name her Claudia, or if I ever meet a Claudia, I'm gonna marry her." After awhile I thought this thought was "childish" and sorta kept it in the back of mind.

Her and I, we both knew, we both believed, that our story together was one of great history and intrigue. For her smile I have known for an eternity, just somewhat forgotten.

Is life this really beautiful intricate story that we must play out moment by moment? It's as if it is all choreographed but entirely impromptu at the same time. The music is building. The people are dancing. The lights are on, but alas time seems to no longer exist. What is this?

Of all the philosophy I have digressed, of all the metaphysics I have theorized, I have realized over and over again that this "defining" seems to be truly the antithesis of all "this", when the greatest truth is so simple.

Embrace the moment. And just be.

My world is here, in Maine. These people are my family, all 1.3 million of them. And I shall not abandon them. To run is cowardice. Do not forget your loved ones. Do not forget about now. Passion is your greatest weapon. Not only passion for those you hold close, but passion for the truth. Let it run rampant and you shall see.

Good bye my friends. Namaste.

Last edited by GregorArturo; 12-13-2008 at 10:15 PM.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, & good ni

Aloha Gregor,

I wanted to thank you for sharing such a heart warming real life story.

Mahalo Nui Loa
Old 12-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

Default Re: Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, & good ni

Another soul mate story...I love it...there is something in the Avalon water...
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Gregor,

This is beautifull. You certainly have the talent to put these magic inner feelings into words and still convey their uniqueness.
Hope you stay with us in Avalon. You made a tremendous contribution here throughout your posts.
I 've always enjoyed your spirit and wits.

Thank you !

Loving kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:41 AM   #5
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

great story Gregor.

I see you like Poi. thought you'd like this video my son did with his Fire performance group

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtYWSzaFRcU

Enjoy
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Embrace the moment. And just be.
Fantastic!

You speak of choreography, reference stirring music, and dance. I know it is obvious to you, for that is what it all is - a beautiful dance.

We are the choreographers (or at least our higher selves are, until that point when our lower reflections get the gist of it, and then we can start writing our own stanza's - a point that I am sure a good percentage of us here are at).

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts"

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #7
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Good bye my friends. Namaste.
Beautiful writing as ever - come back soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
great story Gregor.

I see you like Poi. thought you'd like this video my son did with his Fire performance group

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtYWSzaFRcU

Enjoy
This video is truly amazing! Thanks
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #8
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Gregor, come back in avalon.
We miss you and your beautifull universe

All are needed to make of Avalon a radiant and expanding place for souls to journey on their way home.
Come and shine your beautifull Light.

Loving kindness to you
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #9
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Dearest Mudra

Your posts are so warm and inviting.

You always give the gift of acknowledgment and love to others so I felt it important to say how much you are valued and loved by your presence here in Avalon.

Thank you for all the days you made my world brighter by the love and light that you are.

Happy Holidays to all the beautiful souls of Avalon, may the love that you are be reflected back to you in everyone you meet.
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, & good ni

lovely Gregor

we have been creating all that we are since our arrival, now we are realizing our truth ...

all flows exquistely in the beautiful blueprint of the universe ...

now is the time our souls are finding one another, "soul mates" included

sync, sync, sync ...

your story has made my day that much brighter ... thank you for sharing ...

claudia ... what a pretty name
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reality