Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
spaceman44
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Disabled people and Survival

Disabled people will be facing difficulties regarding relocation and surviving future events. Maybe I should consider a support group for disabled survivors. Any indeas or information would be most appreciated.
spaceman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:51 AM   #2
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Disabled people and Survival

Hello my friend. Here is a simple thought.

In the movement of the events unfolding, all those who needs direct assistance will receive it according to the consciousness of the community of proximity. It means, family, friends, town, city, etc... The best preparation for these people is surrounding them with good people at heart with a dedicated self to others consciousness.

On the other hand, these people brings a very very precious experience in the group. Take the babies for example. Their total dependence makes them the most connected human becoming to the source. They are pure thoughts that when well surrounded with the focus of the group, brings power to the manifestation of a completely New Paradigm of experience. They are pure energy needed to accomplish the manifestation of the true Hu-Man. It is wise to consider this for all of us. And if I'm well informed, there is actually a global babyboom. Looks like the Creator's way to Love us.

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 09-25-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

I have several relatives with varying degrees of disability, my concern for them due to my location is mostly about availability of necessary medications.
I know that I'll be around to help what I can, though.

Us able-bodied folk in ok health can overlook this, so thanks for the thread. All of us need to be aware of this need - if we're really building radiant communities, we need to make considerations for everyone.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:20 AM   #4
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Im a bit confused. I will not trust my community to care for me or my husband ad I am sure FEMA will just put me on the bus/train to nowhere.

I am not saddened by this because I will be happy to let a young person care for himself and his/her family. We need good people to make sure this never happens again.

My oxygen man told me that he had to stand before a committee and asked that he and others can continue to work as bringing our oxygen to us. They wanted us to be put in a facility. There is no reason for this man to lie as he was truly upset. He just lost his father who was on oxygen. Also he spent 15 yrs in the USAF so he knows what is going on.

To me its not going to happen but I will be in a better place
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:42 AM   #5
spaceman44
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for your replies. This, as I am sure are aware is a problem that has to be addressed, the community based groups that are being setup all over the world, are catering for the survival of all groups of people. The disabled community have to be involved in this cause. Each individual group needs to adapt a plan to ensure the involvement of disabled. I am sure this will be the case in all groups.
Accessibility and adequate transportation requirements are essential to planning, to successfuly relocate all members of our community to a safe place. A dedicated team needs to be implemented to ensure this is acheived.

Last edited by spaceman44; 09-25-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:42 AM   #6
spaceman44
Avalon Senior Member

Disabled adults and children are particularly vulnerable and need different levels of care, which is essential. Medication and continuous supply will be difficult task and possibly alternative medication will have to be considered in the long-term.
Families with a disabled relative will need more support. A self-help team needs to be established before the event to instrument the planning, and prepare for possible relocation in case the situation turns bad.

Planning is very important to make sure all aspects of thier needs are followed up.

- What assistance is required.
- Do they have behavoural problems.
- Do they have special requirements, ie. special equipment, feeding utensils, medical equipment, oxygen, special communication equipment.
- Adequate clothing and forms of heating.
- Some disabled people are suseptable to hypothermia, especially elderly and very young.

Last edited by spaceman44; 09-25-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:27 AM   #7
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

I just wanted to add to this that, since I am of a younger generation, and brought up totally away from a farm setting, or any kind of rural setting, I have no idea how to survive off the grid, how to grow food, how to do many things without aid by gadgets or other people.

I however have several older relatives who either still live in farm-like settings or at least grew up on them and therefore have amazing amounts of knowledge/experience in less-developed settings. I am sure there are others in similar situations.

A lot of these relatives are disabled to different degrees. Therefore, even if we're cold-hearted, self-serving people (which I do not believe all of us are), those of us with the energy/strength/ability to carry out the work but have no idea HOW need these folks to direct us!

I appreciate that some people accept their fates, and I believe we all need to no matter what boat we're in. But we also need to not give up before it's time I'll do what I can to protect/support/defend my loved ones and the loved ones of others, because in my bright and optimistic longterm future, the world to be created cares for everyone.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 AM   #8
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

I thank you for opening this forum, and thanks to everyone for your thoughtful posts. My wife is disabled, and this is a recurring concern for me. In an emergency, she would be in trouble without her pharmaceuticals, even though I have been careful to stock up on natural alternatives to an extent. She is also frail and in a wheelchair a good part of the time. She's only 61...this is a woman who went bungie-jumping for her 50th. Imagine such a vibrant soul being trapped in a prematurely deteriorating body. She is a healer and empath, much beloved by people of all ages. For me personally, to leave her behind would be unthinkable. Nor will I stay and become a sitting duck. We'll be together, whatever happens.

Many people must be in a similar situation. The thoughtful way this forum has opened this topic is a clear indicator of the quality of the energy we're raising.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:21 AM   #9
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

I'm disabled, but get around better than most - I would rather be left if it meant that others would have to die or suffer on my account - maybe at the time I might thing differently, but love and light are enteral - I'll see you in another form...

Last edited by Mark; 09-26-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:05 AM   #10
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Mark & All,

The Disabled at a minimum, really should have a cell phone. As well as, a local area contact in case of any severe threats.
I too, am disabled but so far very mobile. But having recently (three years) been encased in slow- hand movement, it really helped me relate to other sufferers of afflictions which made independent people dependent.

Lend a hand to the Disabled Persons of the World, please.
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote