Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #26
Kojak
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Al Gore won't debate Lord Christopher Monckton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
Kojak, we're cool...
Remember Prince Albert pipe tobacco in a can? It was just a joke.
I like calling Gore a fat phoney because of the way he likes to talk down to people who in reality are much smarter than he
Reader, I crawled back in my hole, very embarressed. I just jumped to a conclusion, way too quickly. I'm a truth seeker, a bit of a goose to. We're on the right side MATE! keep dishing it out and get the truth out there.

I had listened to Lord M some time ago and didn't know his first name, I just concluded you were hammering him, the supposed "nobody". I like people like him, well to do, with nothing to gain, except help humanity. He's probably filthy rich, but still wants the truth out there for the bottom dwellers, like me. Bottom dwellers?!?! No, I don't mean that, not that there's anything wrong with that, just not my go!! haha

On FAT ALBERT, we should detail the lies to date, that can be proved. Eg Polar Bears- population, that has increased apparently 5 x , not decreased
Planetry Changes- Other planets going through changes also, not just earth, did we do that also??

US EPA has recently deemed CO2 as a toxic substance. Does that mean we cut all the trees down, to stop them using it, as they're responsible for feeding the Oxygen back to the CO2 emmitters like ourselves. So get out the chainsaw?!? lol Those rotten trees, sucking all the co2, and apparently some growers try to give their plants more artificially. That would only produce more oxygen, which breeds more of us. So cut down all the FU$&EN trees they're the real problem!!! I'm going to clear some paddocks today, this has to be done. (disclaimer- this argument is just as ridiculous as "Fat Albert and the Climategaters" not in the top100) Actually just saw a Utube of his to the tune of Low Rider, anyone know where it was , i lost it, but it was a beauty!

Crawling back in my hole now, the sun's coming up! aaaahhhh!!!
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:19 AM   #27
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

I think the article is more than just Al not wanting to debate Lord Monckton....Al doesn't want to debate anyone......which in my books says it all........................guilty. He knows his cover is blown & has no defense left...just run & hide.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:16 AM   #28
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
What a well researched comment, incredibly enlightening. You've persuaded me now, I thought the whole thing was a hoax. But now that I know that he's a "comparative nobody", I feel re-assured re carbon taxes, bring them on!! I want to pay more taxes. Please help Goldman Sachs stay afloat, they can't fail, and I wish them all the best with their futures trading. I'm going to walk to work now, use candles, and generate electricity on a exercise bike, so I can turn the net on and be educated by your excellent posts. I know Mr Gore is setting an example with his energy consumption and I want to follow suite. And who said the polar bear population has more than quadrupled in recent years, what a nobody whoever that was, and who said all the planets are going through climate change, what BS. Sorry I just farted also!

ps- what's a climategate!! Does it keep sheep in???
Yes, that's all very well, except I never said anything in favour of Al Gore, or the theory of man-made climate-change, here or any where else. It's as if you've decided what you want to argue about, and then imagined I've said whatever it is you think I need to have said for you to make your points.

I don't have to like Al Gore, nor do I have to share his opinions, in order to realise that he's actually pretty famous, and really doesn't need to be debating random YouTube celebrities who also happen to be unelected rulers of Great Britain. I don't need to "agree with climate-change" to think that Monckton is a virtual nobody. Britain has plenty of these "Lords" and they are apt to running their mouths about all sorts of things. I'd certainly like to see Al Gore have a fair debate with someone about global warming, but I wouldn't choose Monckton to oppose him, any more than I would choose my postman.

I also don't need to think that Gore is a wonderful, benevolent entity to think that we don't own him just because he's famous, and that really he can debate whoever he wants, even if that means nobody. Doesn't matter how many bad things you think he's done, he's still a human, and humans get to decide who they don't debate, for whatever reason they see fit, and that doesn't necessarily mean they're scared. He doesn't owe us this.

There's a whole lot of middle ground between being an Al Gore devotee, and a Monckton devotee. There's even more 'outer-ground'.
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 AM   #29
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
............I never said anything in favour of Al Gore....
...... He doesn't owe us this........
2 corrections....You never said anything.....period.

Yes he does owe us this seeing as he has placed himself in the public domain and tries to speak "on behalf" of humanity and is trying to have said humanity taxed to the hilt built on lies and fabrications.
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #30
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
2 corrections....You never said anything.....period.

Yes he does owe us this seeing as he has placed himself in the public domain and tries to speak "on behalf" of humanity and is trying to have said humanity taxed to the hilt built on lies and fabrications.
Let's not get personal here, we're having a discussion.

When did he sign this contract? When does one sign the "I would like to be in the public domain, and therefore I will debate people" clause? We don't own celebrities, any more than we can own any other human. Of course, I'd like it if he had, and I'd love to own celebrities, but we just don't. They get to come on stage, say stuff, and then leave. They don't have to take requests any more than you do.

Does he try to speak "on behalf" of humanity? I couldn't find a quote of him saying that anywhere, after a few Google searches, and in fact this very page was the second result for: "on behalf of humanity" Al Gore. If you know of such a quote, please post it.

If he does try to speak on behalf of humanity, well then he's mistaken. He doesn't speak on behalf of humanity, or in fact anyone but himself, as far as I know. The penalty for being wrong about that is that we all complain at him, and shout loudly that he does not speak for us, it isn't that we get to decide who he debates.

So why does he owe this?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #31
Reader
Avalon Senior Member

The main reason I feel Gore is phoney is because of how he has lined his pockets with carbon credit cash scheme in the name of saving the planet from us greedy consumers. Someone, obviously not him as he's basically an idiot, gave him the carbon credit tax idea and to use his "celebrity" to push it on the fear mongered tree huggers.
Gore then sets up a company that will gladly collect your carbon credit dollars and will then assure you that a certain number of trees are being planted in your honor.
What a scam. Gore goes around the world telling the impressionable that the earch has almost run out of time and he has the answers to save the planet from it's inhabitants.

You just can't even make some of this stuff up it's so unbelievable. I realize that we humans are destroy this planet do to consumption, pollution,etc, but I also feel the way to improve this is thru alternative energy sollutions, hopefully free energy, which were are now hearing a lot about.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #32
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Let's not get personal here, we're having a discussion.

When did he sign this contract? When does one sign the "I would like to be in the public domain, and therefore I will debate people" clause? We don't own celebrities, any more than we can own any other human. Of course, I'd like it if he had, and I'd love to own celebrities, but we just don't. They get to come on stage, say stuff, and then leave. They don't have to take requests any more than you do.

Does he try to speak "on behalf" of humanity? I couldn't find a quote of him saying that anywhere, after a few Google searches, and in fact this very page was the second result for: "on behalf of humanity" Al Gore. If you know of such a quote, please post it.

If he does try to speak on behalf of humanity, well then he's mistaken. He doesn't speak on behalf of humanity, or in fact anyone but himself, as far as I know. The penalty for being wrong about that is that we all complain at him, and shout loudly that he does not speak for us, it isn't that we get to decide who he debates.

So why does he owe this?
Al put himself in the public domain when he wanted to promote the Inconvenient Truth & sell his lies. At that time he was quite happy to talk to anyone who asked him questions........now its a little too inconvenient for him to answer any questions.....he suddenly has nothing to say................he has already made his money off all those who believed him.

but you already know this, don't you.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #33
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Al put himself in the public domain when he wanted to promote the Inconvenient Truth & sell his lies. At that time he was quite happy to talk to anyone who asked him questions........now its a little too inconvenient for him to answer any questions.....he suddenly has nothing to say................he has already made his money off all those who believed him.

but you already know this, don't you.

And where does he owe us anything?
Old 01-08-2010, 03:36 AM   #34
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
And where does he owe us anything?
digi...I feel its pointless discussing this with you, because I believe you are just baiting.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:39 AM   #35
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
digi...I feel its pointless discussing this with you, because I believe you are just baiting.
I don't understand what you mean by "baiting", but okay, fair enough.

What I'm trying to do is fully understand what people mean.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:55 PM   #36
Kojak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by "baiting", but okay, fair enough.

What I'm trying to do is fully understand what people mean.

You don't seem to understand much actually.

Gore is using propoganda for agendas that aren't in humanities interest, and if you make such claims, as he did, and there is contrary evidence. Why not argue any points, with anybody? Especially when his movie and motivations have such a huge impact on people.

Diji, I can't believe you are serious, you must be just baiting. Your on "ignore" with me.
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #37
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
You don't seem to understand much actually.

Gore is using propoganda for agendas that aren't in humanities interest, and if you make such claims, as he did, and there is contrary evidence. Why not argue any points, with anybody? Especially when his movie and motivations have such a huge impact on people.
Personal remarks get in the way.

Please re-read my posts. I haven't argued against any of the points in your quoted post. Your points are all about why it's a good idea for our benefit that he has a debate. My points are that he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to, and that if he did want to have a debate, why on earth would it be with a small time minor YouTube celebrity like Monckton. Your points are not in contradiction with my points. Why are you acting like they are?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #38
3optic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Personal remarks get in the way.

Please re-read my posts. I haven't argued against any of the points in your quoted post. Your points are all about why it's a good idea for our benefit that he has a debate. My points are that he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to, and that if he did want to have a debate, why on earth would it be with a small time minor YouTube celebrity like Monckton. Your points are not in contradiction with my points. Why are you acting like they are?
Digi, I have read your posts and I think I have understood what you mean. The problem is the word "owe" in this instance is very subjective and could mean many different things. Someone may think Al Gore owes "the truth" or "good behavior" or "decency" regardless if he's a public figure or a mailman. Maybe one is a relativist that believes nobody owes anyone anything or that all accounts are settled by karma or nature or God.

I think the sentiment here with many is that Mr. Gore has deliberately misled and distorted the truth for his own personal gain and/or the furtherance of an undemocratic agenda.

I recognize this doesn't address Gore's obligation to the "nobody"s of this world. I had no idea such a class existed. How little regard you must have for your mailman!
3optic is offline   Reply With Quote