Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > Sharing Resources

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Nenuphar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Resources for Ladies...

I'll preface this by saying that I think these are great resources, no matter what happens with our economy in the upcoming years.

Assuming the worst case scenario and that everyday things we usually find at the drugstore become unavailable....

Luna Pads & Diva Cups:

http://www.lunapads.com/

(Purchased both last month. So far I've been very pleased with quality, comfort, and the company's customer service).

Book:
"Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler

OK, the title isn't sexy. Maybe the topic isn't sexy, either. But this book, which I discovered last month, teaches a natural way to both prevent conception without the use of hormonal or barrier devices or to increase the likelihood of conceiving, depending on what you want. It is NOT the "Rhythm Method" and it is NOT a method that is affiliated with any religious belief.

I am so glad I bought this book. There is a ton of information in it, information I couldn't believe I didn't know about my own body before. I think it should be offered to all girls in high school, but that's a whole other matter...

Book:
"Herbal Healing for Women" by Rosemary Gladstar

This book teaches the basics of making balms, tinctures, poultices and teas and then goes into detail re: which herbs are best for treating common ailments that women experience. The author addresses women's needs from puberty right through to menopause and beyond! An informative and lovely book.

Please feel free to add additional resources to the list.
Nenuphar is offline   Reply With Quote