Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
Zelphael
Avalon Senior Member

Default What is the serpent to you? A symbol of wisdom, or evil?

Justs to clarify: I'm 19 years old, and ever since I was a little kid, I've been plagued (or gifted?) with reoccurring dreams where snakes cover the floor so I have to step inbetween them, and they will bite my arms and I will feel the pain for real.

As I got older, the snakes and their abilities and size evolved, such as growing wings to fly through the air towards me and even ones the size of a train coming through all the doors in my house to swallow me.

I've not really "feared" these dreams but they are slightly disturbing. For a long time (raised but now no longer Christian) I thought these dreams were satanic because of the serpent/draconic nature of these dreams.

But the serpent is considered a symbol of wisdom, light and the cosmic creator to others. So I'm asking... what are your opinions of the serpent as a symbol?

Does anyone potentially have any insight into my dream meanings? I'm feeling perhaps the meaning to all this is that the serpent is some sort of spirit animal/teacher/archetype for to me learn from, since it's been with me from a young age and I've yet to confront it. I still feel phobia-like anxiety when I even see pictures of snakes.
Zelphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What is the serpent to you? A symbol of wisdom, or evil?

I view the sybolism as representative of the Kundalini Energy that connects our consiousness to higher realms of existance.

The reason why it has been portrayed by some religions as evil is because those particular religion had an alterior motive to scare people away from intuitive knowledge. I have Hatian immigrants on my staff and they are all scared of snakes because they have been tought by the Voodo priets on thier island that the serpent is a representation of evil magik. The negative sect of the Voodoo religion obviously inserted this disinformation as part of thier control structure.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

These sneaky little creatures although to many (including myself) are eerie and always seem to show up at the wrong times. Often times scaring the beejeezes out of me.

I believe this is because they are a form of thought adjustment that takes place when ones own soul gets thrown off of its original intention. This is due to ego, or outside influences for purposes of negative intent.

Just my opinion.
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
divinethread
Avalon Senior Member

In ancient vedic texts serpent rising is associated with kundalini rising(opening of the third eye or activation of pineal gland).
If you notice the shape of a standing snake resembles the back bone extended all the way to the pineal gland (center of the brain). According to my reseach (I don't remember the name of the fluid right now) anyhow.. this fluid is secreted at the tail of the spine and then it travels through the spinal cord to the pineal gland hence activating it. And only the person undergoing this experience can know what happens next...
There is a very good and authentic book on this subject: I'll find out more.
Hope this was of some help.
divinethread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
larissarissa
Avalon Senior Member

I'm glad you raised the issue of snakes, because I have a question about them too. When I was a young adult, I used to wear a snake ring on each finger. Don't know why, just liked it. I decided I loved snakes and actually took one home as a pet when much older. I couldn't bear to feed it, so my partner did.

What's my point? I have no idea what the attraction was. The attraction is gone now, but I still wonder why it was such a big issue for me at one time. When I first started hearing about reptilian beings, I wondered if there was some kind of genetic connection, and I was accessing a memory.

If reptilian beings had a hand in our genetic manipulation, then snakes would be prominent in racial memory. Snakes are known for both wisdom and evil. So why are they such a powerful symbol? I have no opinion about whether reptilians exist or not, I just look at the information and keep an open mind.
larissarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:08 AM   #6
aiwass322
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphael View Post
But the serpent is considered a symbol of wisdom, light and the cosmic creator to others. So I'm asking... what are your opinions of the serpent as a symbol?
This is a highly subjective question.

If you ask anyone who is not defiled by monotheistic religion. I would say that you have already found the answer in the context of the question above.

According to christianity the serpent is a seducer and a symbol of evil. But evil in what way? He/she offers knowledge. Something that is not popular in any of the "bible thumbing" ideologies.

But why listen to a "heaten" like me? We were only around like 10.000 years before the christian "God" put his blood soaked thumb prints in the history books.
aiwass322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:23 AM   #7
divinethread
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larissarissa View Post
I'm glad you raised the issue of snakes, because I have a question about them too. When I was a young adult, I used to wear a snake ring on each finger. Don't know why, just liked it. I decided I loved snakes and actually took one home as a pet when much older. I couldn't bear to feed it, so my partner did.

What's my point? I have no idea what the attraction was. The attraction is gone now, but I still wonder why it was such a big issue for me at one time. When I first started hearing about reptilian beings, I wondered if there was some kind of genetic connection, and I was accessing a memory.

If reptilian beings had a hand in our genetic manipulation, then snakes would be prominent in racial memory. Snakes are known for both wisdom and evil. So why are they such a powerful symbol? I have no opinion about whether reptilians exist or not, I just look at the information and keep an open mind.
Hi, I have a suggestion -- If you would go to michael tsarion videos on you tube u will find some very interesting interpretation of snakes with feminine energy within all of us and how this knowledge has been subverted and misused over the ages.
Hope this gives you some leads.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #8
aiwass322
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinethread View Post
Hi, I have a suggestion -- If you would go to michael tsarion videos on you tube u will find some very interesting interpretation of snakes with feminine energy within all of us and how this knowledge has been subverted and misused over the ages.
Hope this gives you some leads.
I second that. Tsarion has got the whole thing covered really well.
aiwass322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

the snake in genesis is certainly a promethean fgure. neither good nor evil, but a catalyst for change. the snake offers the double edged sword of the knowledge of good and evil. it is necessary for growth, but the paradise of childhood ends when we discover that there is evil in the world. the snake merely offers the choice to remain innocent, or taste the apple of experience.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #10
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

The mystery schools spoke of term known as the two truths. This means, the same heat you warm youself with can also burn you. It is the same with the serpent energy. Its a destroyer and a builder.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:03 AM   #11
sylvan
Avalon Senior Member

DNA is often symbolized by the snake and the duality of the nature of DNA as symbolized by the caduceus, the twisted snake motif utilized as a symbol of the medical profession. There is a very interesting book called The Cosmic Serpent - DNA and the Origins of Knowledge written by Jeremy Narby. The chemical that rises to the pineal gland is dimethyltriptamine or DMT, though I thought the chemical was produced by the pineal gland. I must study more...sylvan
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:17 AM   #12
fawziya
Avalon Senior Member

If you believe in off-world life beings (some reptilian in form), you may be open to considering the possibility (& connection) of dragons, dragon-like, reptile-like beings interconnecting with the indigenous people of this world (ALL of us) starting from, perhaps, millions of years ago to present day.

Do some research. Isn't it funny how serpent, reptile-like creatures pervade in the myths, art & legends and/or histories of ALL people throughout the world.

Its now alarming to me to see the "gecko" of Geico insurance. I have alway liked him. Still do. He's cute. But however, (to assimilate us all to the notion of lizards, reptiles, dragons, reptilian ETs, etc.), I noticed a "lizard man" in a bank commercial recently. And, better yet, my grandkids watch cartoons with plenty depictions of lizard, dragon-like characters incorporating ideas such as cloning & clone wars.

My feeling is that reptiles are not a good thing. Especially when you consider of the ones supposedly EATING us like we eat cattle.
fawziya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
OceanWinds

a snake to me... is a snake
Old 10-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #14
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

In a dream the snake is a symbol that stands for sexuality, in the widest broadest meaning and it is specific to what it means to you personally as it is your dream.

Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #15
divinethread
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
DNA is often symbolized by the snake and the duality of the nature of DNA as symbolized by the caduceus, the twisted snake motif utilized as a symbol of the medical profession. There is a very interesting book called The Cosmic Serpent - DNA and the Origins of Knowledge written by Jeremy Narby. The chemical that rises to the pineal gland is dimethyltriptamine or DMT, though I thought the chemical was produced by the pineal gland. I must study more...sylvan
If you interested here is a book that will give you a very well authenticated info --- "Kundalini - AghoraII" written by Robert E. Svoboda
By the way in Yoga when you sit cross legs on the floor it is a minute form of putting pressure on the tailbone to activate DMT (thanks for that).
Old 10-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #16
being
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a link to a question and answer regarding the serpent being positive or negative and its internal meaning.

http://www.gnosticteachings.org/foru...showtopic=5470
being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #17
Aisuru Chiku
Avalon Senior Member

Term "YOU ARE SNAKE"

Trecherous or Deceitful person does that answer your question?!
Aisuru Chiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #18
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

I see the snake as both.
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #19
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

I totally agree. The reason the some of the Hatians are fearful of the snake is due to the forced christain belief system when they were enslaved. Voodoo their original religion, Hoodoo the magic system that goes with the religion was corrupted by their capters.
Those who are still strong to their original beliefs still worship the snake. They call this DAMBALA.

Very long story short their gods were replaced with the christain saints.
Their are still some who are to the original Voodoo/Hoodoo ways without the christain influence, Their is much truth in these ways.
I was taught Hoodoo by a Hoodoo priestess that was true to the original ways. Santeria and Mucumba.

The Snake is nothing to be fearful of. It is the Kundilini life force that runs within us. It was represented as a snake because of the way it sits at the bottom of the spine like a coiled snake, then when activated it raises up the spine and weaves through chakras activating and empowering them.

This is easier to understand when you realise that for every major chakra there is 2 more in alignment, one at the front of your body, one in the middle and one at your back. like this if you can imagine the 0 as a chakra.
0-0-0

When done correctly you do not just raise the kundi in a straight line, you weave the kundi through all three then round the next set and so forth,

So it moves as a snake.

The reason the Ha
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
I view the sybolism as representative of the Kundalini Energy that connects our consiousness to higher realms of existance.

The reason why it has been portrayed by some religions as evil is because those particular religion had an alterior motive to scare people away from intuitive knowledge. I have Hatian immigrants on my staff and they are all scared of snakes because they have been tought by the Voodo priets on thier island that the serpent is a representation of evil magik. The negative sect of the Voodoo religion obviously inserted this disinformation as part of thier control structure.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #20
Chesmayne
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Serpent/Snake.......

http://www.chesmayne.info

SERPENT description.......

01 In Egypt the eye of God was turned into a cobra and became the crown (the Uraeus).

02 Lilith was associated with the serpent on the Tree of Knowledge. See ‘Snake’.

03 The predominant sculptural motif on the Temple of Quetzalcoatl is a series of serpent heads protruding out of the blocks and lining the sides of the central stairway. The serpent’s necks are ringed with an elaborate plume of feathers (symbol of Quetzalcoatl).

04 The cosmic serpent Yurlunggur (associated with the rainbow) was responsible for the deluge.

05 Amphisbaena: a fabulous venomous serpent with a head at each end and able to move in either direction.

06 Basilisk: fabulous KI of serpents that is able to ‘look anyone dead on whom it fixes its eyes’.

07 Hygeia (daughter of Aesculapius): her symbol is a serpent drinking from a cup placed in her hand.

08 In the Qabalah, the 13th Pathway relates to the hidden mystical Sephirah Daath whose Order of Angels is Serpents and signifies abstract knowledge or supreme wisdom. The ‘Nameless’ Day is symbolized by the emerging head of the Serpent in Druidic cosmology.

09 Serpens (the sky constellation) means ‘serpent’. The Eagle Nebula (M016) is a giant star-forming region located in Serpens. M016 is a star- cluster and the nebula is half a degree in size and actually resembles the bird with outstretched wings. The HST has revealed towering pillars of gas stretching for more than a light-year in length in this area, which look like ‘elephant trunks’. Evaporating Gas Globules (EGGs) are larger than our solar system! These EGGs contain prototype stars. The brightest globular cluster in the sky, M005, is located in Serpens Caput and is easy to see in binoculars as a fuzzy 6th magnitude star-like object. A spiral galaxy, NGC-5921, lies one degree east of M005.

10 Staff of Asclepius: staff with a serpent coiled around it. When shown inside a bowl it indicates a pharmacist.

11 Brazen Serpent: Numbers 21:4. John 3:14, symbol of the Crucified.

12 Breath (Bible): symbol of the Creator and connected with the kundalini serpent.

13 Echidna: a woman whose lower body is a serpent (Greek mythology) who bore Cerberus, Scylla, the Chimera and the Sphinx.

14 The symbol of the Glass and Serpent has been associated with pharmacists. The serpent, because it sheds its skin, is a symbol of rejuvenation. The serpent drinks from the chalice of life.

SNAKE description.......

01 Greek: the embodiment of a dead hero or chthonic god. Snakes and metals are chthonic symbols.

02 In Sparta and other places relief’s show heroes seated on thrones and over their heads a snake.

03 Janguli (India): serpent-goddess who wears an ear ornament of a coiled cobra in each ear and a snake necklace. She is one of the oldest goddesses of India and cures snakebites.

04 Naga (India): an elephant, so-called because its trunk is reminiscent of a snake.

05 Adder (deaf adder, horned viper, common adder and the puff adder). Asp.

06 Brazen serpent: a bronze serpent which was the symbol raised by Moses in the wilderness when the people were plagued by snakes.

07 American Indian: sexuality, psychic energy, alchemy, reproduction and ascension (immortality). The life-death cycle is exemplified by the shedding of the snake’s skin.

08 Peru: Gucumatz/Kukulkan means ‘Plumed’ (or Feathered) Serpent. This is also the meaning of Quetzalcoatl (god of light, learning and culture). The symbol for ‘Votan’ is also a serpent. Itzamana, the Mayan god of healing (symbol, a rattlesnake), ‘Serpent of the East’ was a healer who could cure by laying on hands, and who revived the dead. The first inhabitants of Yucatan were the ‘People of the Serpent’. Legends say that the gods of ancient Mexico armed themselves with ‘fire serpents’ (xiuhcoatl). These devices emitted burning rays.

09 Nagas: snakes or serpents of Hindu myth and legend. They guard treasure (material and esoteric knowledge).

10 Oceanus: Greek sea god. The river of the world which circles the earth and represented as a snake with its tail in its mouth.

11 The game of ‘Snakes and Ladders’ uses a 10 x 10 playing board.
Chesmayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #21
astropsyche
Avalon Senior Member

You have been given lots of excellent responses to your question! I have only two small contributions.
A little Chinese story: The snake is talking with the wise man "why is that everyone runs from me whenever I try to join in with them? They run from me, try to kill me and others faint at the sight of me! Why? What can I do to stop them"? The wise man thinks for a few moments and replies: "you pose a threat to them - your bite can so often be fatal to them. That is why they respond to your presence the way they do. Go your way in peace with them and all will be well" Time passes and the snake appears before the wise man again. It is angry and injured and it says " Look at me! I have cuts and bruises and only just managed to escape with my life from the ones who attacked me and whom you told me I should go in peace amongst! I did as you asked of me and still they all hate me!" The wise man looked at the snake for a moment and said " I told you your bite is often poisonous to them and to make peace with them did I not?" The snake nodded. " I told you not to bite these people did I not?" Again the snake nodded. " But I did not tell you not to hiss at them did I?"

And finally - when the snake enters the farmyard all the animals grow restive and nervous. When Time passes and the animals see the snake means no harm to them, they settle and allow it to live amongst them.
astropsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #22
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

I like this, thank you astropsyche.

With that i thought i would add that the oriental version of the snake is the dragon. This dragon originally didnt have wings, although some chinese dragons do now. The dragon to the orient mean wisdom, it does stand for ther things as well like power etc but lets just go with the main one of wisdom.
Only through wisdom you learn to control your kundilini/snake/dragon.

It reminds me of an old ninja saying,

A grain of sand can hide a mountain, how is this?
Answer: take the grain of sand out of your eye!

See everything around you, not just as you have been taught, Take away the indoctrination everyone has had through the religion, media, tv etc,

Who says the snake is bad?
why is it said the snake was bad?

If you realise this you will know that this was intended to keep all away from true spiritual power, to keep you under the thumb in religion, whether your religious or not, you will still have many of the beleifs if you choose to take the grain out of your eye and see. How many of you do christmas each year? are you all christian who partake in this celebration! if not why do you do it?

Everyone should learn about themselves, to truely know yourself is one of the most important lessons towards enlightenment!

Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropsyche View Post
You have been given lots of excellent responses to your question! I have only two small contributions.
A little Chinese story: The snake is talking with the wise man "why is that everyone runs from me whenever I try to join in with them? They run from me, try to kill me and others faint at the sight of me! Why? What can I do to stop them"? The wise man thinks for a few moments and replies: "you pose a threat to them - your bite can so often be fatal to them. That is why they respond to your presence the way they do. Go your way in peace with them and all will be well" Time passes and the snake appears before the wise man again. It is angry and injured and it says " Look at me! I have cuts and bruises and only just managed to escape with my life from the ones who attacked me and whom you told me I should go in peace amongst! I did as you asked of me and still they all hate me!" The wise man looked at the snake for a moment and said " I told you your bite is often poisonous to them and to make peace with them did I not?" The snake nodded. " I told you not to bite these people did I not?" Again the snake nodded. " But I did not tell you not to hiss at them did I?"

And finally - when the snake enters the farmyard all the animals grow restive and nervous. When Time passes and the animals see the snake means no harm to them, they settle and allow it to live amongst them.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:53 AM   #23
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawziya View Post
My feeling is that reptiles are not a good thing. Especially when you consider of the ones supposedly EATING us like we eat cattle.
Perhaps it would be wise to look into WHO is telling you that reptilians eat people... I am positive the reptilians aren't telling you that..

Perhaps it's deliberate deception?

Also want to point out that the 'serpent' in Eden was not a snake. It was a being that Eve would have been familiar with as you don't just start taking the word of some creature that suddenly speaks to you.

She would have know this creature and most likely have conversed with it for some time...

Think about it...
Old 10-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #24
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

Looking back at some of these posts i am going to add this.

A snake is the same matter as you or i,
His only thoughts are survival, how to hide away and be left in peace.
Im getting hungry, i need to eat to stay alive,
I have eaten now, i had better hide away before something/one hurts me.

Basic survival instinct.

The snake is no different from every other living creature on this planet, If we lived in the wild, we would not do anything different.

Wake up people.....the same system that has been controling you for the last 2000 years still has you right in the palm of their hand. I know this can be hard for some, the deprogramming runs deep within most, but this is not you....... this is them.....

As i have said before, And i like zorgans thought on it,

The eden story IS this,

The tree represents out spine,
The snake represents our kundilini,
The apple represents the torus stage of creation, (EVERY living thing goes through this torus stage, under a microscope it looks like AN APPLE)

Do you honestly think that the church could control all those who know how to raise their kundi, NO they couldnt, so when they wrote the bible it was to those who KNEW this knowledge (what the tree,snake apple really stands for, and said that it was evil, All those who did it was punishable by death. And so the grand scheme comes into play, over time books and any written knowledge was taken and hidden away.

You all are part of this programming, to really be one with yourself, you should deprogram.

Any who say that the snake is of a evil nature should really think deeply and realise this idea has only come from those who wish to harm your spiritualy.

Remember, the snake is no different from your pet dog, if your dog was in the wild, his would act the same to survive.

Sorry if i babbled, just woke up 5 mins ago!