Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fear of loss and the pain associated with it.

We fear LOSS, loss is associated with pain, suffering, hurt. We are doing it backwards, we believe that what we give away we lose and so we give nothing out and so there is no flow which causes a block and we stagnate. This causes Dis-ease; disease; caused by a state of inbalance. What we give away as with the law of cause and effect we get back, whether good, bad or indifferent, positive, negative, neutral. When you give freely, unconditionaly with regard for the outcome we invariably receive. When we give in order to get we will be let down, because our expectation of what we should receive will always fall short and so we feel let down, rejected, hurt, fearful. We then want to try to control our external world believing that if we can control people and events we can stop ourselves experiencing loss and the pain associated with it. We need to heal our childhood wounds by revisiting the night of the dark soul and dealing with the emotions of our childhood that have been driving our lives, children are not supposed to drive. Start here: http://www.joy2meu.com/Innerchildhealing.html
http://www.joy2meu.com/Codependence1.html
alternative-answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Greg10036
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fear of loss and the pain associated with it.

You bring up some good points. Fear of loss is attachment to the self-precious mind. What you put out is what is reflected back. You cannot extend something to someone you have not first experienced in yourself. Everyone confuses 'helping' with service. We can barely help ourselves. We can serve others and that involves serving them in the way they need to be served. We usually end up 'helping' people in the way we think they ought to be helped. Getting rid of self centered ego and self aggrandizement is the first step. It takes humility to serve. You also have to have something to offer and most people are limited in their offerings because they have not yet experienced that which they thrust upon others. I am saying the same thing as you are saying in slightly different words so that perhaps the words will cross in some brains and some connections will be made that will start a thinking process. There is a darkness within that must be embraced before a person can live. The more that darkness is embraced as part of who one is, the more the light can shine in who that person is. This is the nature of original face. Peace.
g.
Greg10036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
~ Marianne Wilson ~
Old 11-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #4
tom
Avalon Senior Member

YEAH COOL MAN I AGREE!!!
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
Worlds Beyond

what I give to others, I will never lose.
what I keep for myself, I have already lost.

Blessings
Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #6
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Wise words, we do not own anything, we are merely keepers of something until it passes on, when we let go of our attachments to people, things, outcomes we are free. When hunters in the jungle want to catch monkeys they place fruit into a wide bottomed jug with a narrow neck. The monkey reaces in and grabs the fruit with a clenched fist, when he tries to remove the fruit he cannot because the jug is to narrow for him to remove his clenched hand. It knows that if it were to let go he would be free but it is so attached to the outcome that their is certain death.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:08 AM   #7
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Fear of loss and the pain associated with it.

Seva is offline   Reply With Quote