Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-24-2008, 05:20 AM   #1
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Default The meaning of life.

The very utterance of this statement springs familiour to most peoples minds.
Everyone has heard it at some stage, im guessing that even the native indegenous people who are blessed with a lack of technoligy also contemplate this.

Would it be rude to say that the answer to this question is very simple? Does a rabbit who is eating grass in a field need to ask this question, is it actually relevent? - isnt its very presence answering it?

Its something that i often wonder, i hear this all the time and its often the butt of jokes in many television programmes. And its even mentioned many times in religion. And the thing that beggars belief is the shroud of mystery that is always accompanied with it. You all know the scene, its the end of a cartoon and someone is talking to god and they ask "what is the meaning of life" then god replies with a pat on the head ; "well son.." and the program ends. And then you will hear me shouting at the television with my seemingly very simple answer.

For a question that is so often asked and so shrouded in mystery, it feels somewhat pompus to assume i have the answer. Because anytime anyone asks this question in my presence with such awe and wonder i feel privlidged to think that the answer to this awe inspiring question is so simple, of course i dont dare to answer it, because c'mon, only god knows the answer.

Isnt the meaning of life to experience life? Even the very action of pondering it seems to be a waste of time and feels somewhat irrelivent, its late now, and i ask strange questions when im tired.

If the answer is so simple (is it?) then why does mainstream television handle it in the same manner as if one was asking "what colour is gods left nipple" - A question that truly is mysterious.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
_N_
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The meaning of life.

A long time ago I realized that the meaning of life is to live life. Enjoy life, make a difference in this world, have a family, cause the only thing left behind on this planet when you die is your children.
_N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #3
Swanny
I dont need a label !

The meaning of life is 42

Sorry someone had to say it
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

I suspect that the question sounds like a waste of time because there are as many answers as there are people.
What 'seems' meaningful to me is nonsense to the next guy.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Time is short.
In essence you have it.
The ones who are enlightened have said since the begining of time that the whole purpose of life is "Know thy self" in other words to become enlightened to the Truth that the Self which is what you are is an aspect of God and made in His likeness is imortal, the body is not the Self just the vehicle to see us through this earthly experience.
There is only one soul and you are that.
So the purpose is to let go of ignorance.
To realize that you are One.
This is done through the Grace of God.
"My" part is to let go of conditioning -- belief systems -- judgment-- duality-- positionality.
To the best of my ability to develope unconditional love-- to be kind to all life at all times no matter what.

Reading David Hawkins is a great help to "me", he has several books on the subject. Also Ramana Maraharshi on "Self enquirey"
Truth is eternal and unchanging not a point of view but the moment it is spoken of it becomes a concept.
Truth can only be known as your own presence which is one with God.

Namaste Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

The meaning of life, is what you wish it to mean.

The question of life, has many answers, which become so complex, it is and remains unanswered. Very few were brave enough to even try to explain, Looking at theology, many of those people were murdered horrendously, Plato wrote a very good story about a tribe chained to the walls in a Cave, the cave was all they knew until one day one of the chains broke and someone was free, and ventured out of the cave, anyhow the conclusion of the story was more or less a good example of how complex the answer is. Another example yes we are human being we are the construct of MANY life forms. In essence we are constructed by a unity of life forms which using that same principle could also state we as human beings are part of something bigger, and what we are part of is even bigger, until you get into the energies of the universe itself... The we must ask what is the meaning of the Universe... The meaning and the answer to that question is neither nor, applicable to our minds.. SO their you have it.. the door is still locked...
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

Life is infinite potential seeking manifestation
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
Topper
Avalon Senior Member

I am nourished by the spirit within. Every cell in by body is filled with light.
I give thanks for radiant health and endless happiness.
Topper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

I have researched that the meaning of life is to LIVE IT.

That's the most important thing.

What I have researched says that we comes to this world knowing and Aproving all what we will fell, think, experience and learn, but we don't remember about that.

We firm a CONTRACT to make all the previowsly posted experiences.

The experiences are the most precious thing we have, the confrontation of our imperfections with the spiritual/material reallity.

But "To live doesn't mean To be right"

Experience, live and try to Squeeze every moment.

Cheers!
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #10
One 66
Avalon Senior Member

There is no meaning, it just Is.

One 66
One 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #11
LiquidSwordz
Avalon Senior Member

The meaning of life is to REPRODUCE. Nothing more, nothing less.
LiquidSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
Suriel

Wink Re: The meaning of life.

In My Opinion, The meaning of life is self exploration through spiritual development and the coorelation between the connection to you and others and the realization that love binds all in unconditional love. To live in love is the ultimate direction to enlightenment. And this enlightenment is a direct connection to the source of creation.

If everyone had this attitude we would have Heaven on Earth. Heaven is all around us. The illusion of individuality allows expression in a unique tone or soul signature that makes creation vast in its flexibility in exploring itself in all ways possible.

To live life in the physical prepares for the life in the spiritual and the lesson of the spiritual prepares life in the celestial. And then the celestial brings you home to the Creator and then process starts all over again. Although, we are always a part of the Creator, a cycle of creative expression is our nature. The miracle of life. The miracle of Love. Through the journey we explore and rediscover what we already know within to begin again. To create new patterns of joy. To create more abundance in the Universe.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #13
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Every challenge of life is a challenge to the Soul.
When we live life through love we find ourselves.
When we find ourselves it lifts us up. By lifting us up we lift others up.
By lifting up as One we can create new shining worlds.

Love is your essence

kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #14
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

the meaning of life is:
to never have to ask yourself what the meaning of life is

Last edited by capreycorn; 10-24-2008 at 10:15 PM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #15
Greg10036
Avalon Senior Member

I highly reccommend Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl. It is a short book. Peace.
g.
Greg10036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:04 AM   #16
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

The synchronicities and 'coincidences' we sometimes encounter in life are truly amazing if not down right awe inspiring.

It seems that my spiritual and intelectual evolution is being 'helped' proceed at a very rapid pace. Just last night I posted this thread, and now less then 24 hours later I have read the first 130 pages of "The Teachings of Ra". And so many questions including the one outlined in this thread have been expanded upon with such depth and clarity.

By the way, if you have not had the pleasure of reading this book I would highly recommend it. Its unbelievable that im 130 pages in and not once have i been bored, just eager to keep reading even though its 3:00am.

If anyone is interested in reading it, you can do so online for free here.
Composed of nearly 1000 pages this book is truly a work of genius. Its books like this that make one realise the true extent of the corruption in our educational systems.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:34 AM   #17
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One 66 View Post
There is no meaning, it just Is.

One 66
Amen, Brother!

As ACIM says, No thing has any meaning other than that which you give it!
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote