Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Never Be Sick Again

For those of you taking control of your own health I'd like to recommend a wonderful book I read recently.

It's by Raymond Francis and the title is the same as this thread.

To sum up, it's a nutritional look at what we put in our bodies being responsible for our illnesses and lack of well being. We all know the expression, 'you are what you eat'. This book looks at some of the effects of what we eat on our body and its response to that.

I really recommend that anyone who wants to feel lighter and more energetic and reduce the load on your body read this book. I can't recommend it enough. I must have bought about 8 copies for friends and families since I bought the first one!

What better place to pass on its wonderful effects than an Avalon forum thread ?!

To summarise, the book looks at four of the main 'evils' we face in the food we eat :

1: Sugar
2: Refined, processed white flour
3: Dairy
4: Refined, processed oils, particularly fried refined oils

Sugar has a terrible effect on the body and the immune system, and it gives such a big low hours after consuming even small amounts.

I may not have cut out all of the above, but I'm certainly more aware of what I do eat (and isn't that what Avalon is about, raising our awareness?!)

As a consequence (and not an aim) of changes in my diet, I've gone from 78kg to 69kg since about April (and the last 8 weeks my weight has been steady ). So any of you looking at those tums in the mirror and wondering why they don't shift, the answer is Dairy products. Particularly cow's milk.

Ok, that's my twopenneth. Hope that's been useful. The book is available on Amazon if anyone's interested.

There's also an interview with the guy on conscious media network here

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com...s/rfrancis.htm

(this is how I first came across him)

Peace n love

Kulapops

(Thank you Connecting with Sauce by the way for the thread on Liver cleanse - I'm reading it now and it follows on well from what I've read in this book)
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
happyhollergal
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Never Be Sick Again

Hey Kula, I reckon if you are what you eat, that "I are coffee, lots of sugar". If I didn't use flour and vegetable oil daily in my cooking, my family would fire me. I'm sure that the book is a great source of reference for those who choose to eat healthy, so great post. I've been of the opinion since my diagnosis that I will enjoy whatever pleases my palate, because with my luck, I could eat stuff that offends my taste buds and then get run over by the delivery man while checking the mail.
happyhollergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:50 AM   #3
energymyfoot
Avalon Senior Member

http://books.google.com/books?id=OYX...age&q=&f=false

read 275 pages...
energymyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 AM   #4
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

This sounds like a good book, my main objective with my health and diet at the moment is bloodpressure. Reducing this and getting off the meds is my goal at stage one. Does this book offer advice on this?

Cheers
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

Ammit, I'm pretty sure Dr Mercola has lots of advice on this, he HATES pharmaceutical companies. Just google his name, get to his site and do the search function. I bet the other book info posted here woud also cover this, but I know Dr Mercola is reknowned for helping people get off heart /BP meds and you can ask questions. Good luck, it certainly can be done.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
Greenberet
Avalon Senior Member

I´m sure its a wonderful book, I also recommend Dr. Robert O. Young and the PH Miracle, it basically consist in balancing you PH by eating the correct type of foods, If you raise (pretty much everybody needs to raise it) your pH to a level 7.0 - 7.5, you will be in excellent shape.

you will never get those stinking flus, you will get rid of cancer, get a boost of energy all day long, you will be happy, you will be able to think clearly etc..etc..etc...

So all you need to do is get a pH meter (some tester strips will do) I recommend ph-ion.com and get those strips, and test you saliva or urine in the morning.

And Once you have your pH level balanced, 7 - 7.5 (7.365 is the ideal) you will loose (if you need to) 1 pound every two days with out any effort.

Super fast diet:

Eat as many vegetables (green prefered) as you can, and raw as many as you can, drink water, clear tea, fish, dry seeds.

Drink water with Lemon drops or with a little of bicarbonate soda.

Eliminate dairy, junk food, read meat, licor, coffee, etc...and also SUGAR!, sugar is the ideal killer for the humans, forget about it....!

Good luck all, and if you need more info, give me a whistle.

Links :

Book - Ph Miracle By Robert O. Young

PH Test Strips

http://www.phionbalance.com/categories/pH-Test-Strips

GreenBeret
Greenberet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #7
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
To summarise, the book looks at four of the main 'evils' we face in the food we eat :

1: Sugar
2: Refined, processed white flour
3: Dairy
4: Refined, processed oils, particularly fried refined oils
I agree with all that with the exception of raw dairy from organic grass-fed cows.
Most grocery store dairy is evil slow-poison.

The rest is a snippet from an article here:
http://www.westonaprice.org/motherli...tschental.html
A Visit to Switzerland's Loetschental
in the Footsteps of Weston A. Price

By Linda Joyce Forristal, CCP, MTA

In his global travels during the 1930s, Weston A. Price sought out locations where people were not yet eating what he called the "displacing food of modern commerce." One of the places Price visited was Switzerland’s Lötschental--an isolated valley then only accessible by a footpath. It was so isolated from the rest of Switzerland, let alone the world, that the residents existed on what they could grow in the valley, with no food brought in from outside, with the exception of salt.

Their diet primarily consisted of dairy products (raw milk, butter, cream and raw milk cheese) from cows grazing on lush alpine slopes, and rye bread, or roggenbrot, from rye grown in the valley. They ate meat about once a week, usually veal, using all the parts and making soup with the bones, and some vegetables during the summer months. The raw milk, butter and cream from cows eating lush green grass were a rich source of vitamins A and D.
With the help of a Swiss dentist who was his travel companion and the community elders Price was able to examine the mouths of many valley inhabitants. He reported that the majority of the residents had healthy, straight teeth. Price only found one cavity in every three mouths, which was about 1 percent tooth decay. Both adults and children had broad, well-developed faces and palates, good dispositions and sturdy bodies. He noted that the children played barefoot in frigid streams during cold weather and that there were no cases of TB in the valley.

In other parts of Switzerland, Price studied the "modernized Swiss," who lived in towns accessible by roads and therefore got their food from stores selling sugar, white flour, pastries, jams and jellies, canned condensed milk, canned foods and vegetable oils. They were experiencing dental caries in one tooth in three, or 33 percent tooth decay, and the younger generations had dental deformities, overlapping, crowded and crooked teeth and narrow faces. TB was a huge problem in these communities.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #8
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Real Milk is good for humans. This site tells you why and how to find some.
http://realmilk.com/

Real Cream has Activator X and is rich in other important fat-soluble vitamins.
Pete Peterson talked about this Activator X that also comes from ratfish liver.
It has miracle healing properties.

Here is a snippet from
http://www.realmilk.com/milkcure.html

Real Milk Cures Many Diseases by J. R. Crewe, MD

The following is an edited version of an article by Dr. J. R. Crewe, of the Mayo Foundation, forerunner of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, published in Certified Milk Magazine, January 1929. We are grateful to Dr. Ron Schmid, ND of Middlebury, CT for unearthing this fascinating piece. The "Milk Cure" was the subject of at least two books by other authors, written subsequently to Dr. Crewe's work. The milk used was, in all cases, the only kind of milk available in those days—raw milk from pasture-fed cows, rich in butterfat. The treatment is a combination of detoxifying fast and nutrient-dense feeding. Note that Crewe quotes William Osler, author of a standard medical textbook of the day. Thus, this protocol was an orthodox, accepted therapy in the early 1900s. Today the Mayo Clinic provides surgery and drug treatments, but nothing as efficacious and elegant as the Milk Cure.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks all for your additions.

Like all of these things I think you have to read around the subject and take what you agree with.

I know there is some ding dong going on between Weston Price and the China Study's author Colin Campbell (my next thread ?? lol) . Each reckon the other is full of hot air... (any UK fans remeber Newman and Baddiel's history professors ? oh, never mind... )

The aim of this thread is not a debate on who is right or wrong, but just an extra source of interesting information for those who are fighting any kind of tiredness, overweight, high bloodpressure (yes, it works for this Ammit) , diabetes etc etc. If you already know what you're doing you may be interested to see more info from another source, or you may feel your existing source is enough.

In my own experience, this is a great read.

Particularly interesting is that it deals with the subject of food combining, to make your digestion much more efficient (will also help with weight loss too).

the theory goes that the body can digest protein using an acid environment in the stomach or carbohydrate using an alkaline environment. But it can't do both at the same time.

So if like me you enjoy those Sunday roasts, steak and chips, a ham and cheese sandwich, chilli con carne... you are just loading up your stomach with hard work.

Also amazingly, the body is not great with cooked food. The enzymes get destroyed and the body no longer knows 'what it is' so it's more likely to treat it as a foreign article and store it as fat.

Don't get me wrong, I think it might be impossible to follow the books recommendations to the letter. But being aware of the nutrition info, will help you make better choices for your body and ultimately your health.

I still love a cappucino or a bannana fritter as much as the next person

K

P.S. Energymyfoot. that link is great ! what a find ! I wonder how they manage to get a book like that online for free. What a brilliant Idea. Ok guys... get reading the first couple of chapters from that link...I bet you'll be hooked in minutes !

P.P.S Energy, does that post mean you read 275 pages (past tense?). Wow, that was quick. What did you think?

Last edited by Kulapops; 09-23-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Adding postscript
Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

I was certain I posted something about this ages ago... but I could not find it it is worth seeing it again.

Some info I posted here already on refined sugar

Also it is worth noting that if the liver is full of stones all the good food in the world will struggle to get digested properly or your body will struggle to get rid of it's toxins especially if you consume tap water as it has diluted rat posion in it, sodium fluoride.

I highly recommend this book on total health and rejuvenation. This book includes the liver flush details but is a little heavy for bedtime ready as it is more like a yellow pages...

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 09-23-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #11
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Real Milk is good for humans. This site tells you why and how to find some.
http://realmilk.com/

Real Cream has Activator X and is rich in other important fat-soluble vitamins.
Pete Peterson talked about this Activator X that also comes from ratfish liver.
It has miracle healing properties.

Here is a snippet from
http://www.realmilk.com/milkcure.html

Real Milk Cures Many Diseases by J. R. Crewe, MD

The following is an edited version of an article by Dr. J. R. Crewe, of the Mayo Foundation, forerunner of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, published in Certified Milk Magazine, January 1929. We are grateful to Dr. Ron Schmid, ND of Middlebury, CT for unearthing this fascinating piece. The "Milk Cure" was the subject of at least two books by other authors, written subsequently to Dr. Crewe's work. The milk used was, in all cases, the only kind of milk available in those days—raw milk from pasture-fed cows, rich in butterfat. The treatment is a combination of detoxifying fast and nutrient-dense feeding. Note that Crewe quotes William Osler, author of a standard medical textbook of the day. Thus, this protocol was an orthodox, accepted therapy in the early 1900s. Today the Mayo Clinic provides surgery and drug treatments, but nothing as efficacious and elegant as the Milk Cure.
Yes I've known this for a while, but trying to find raw milk is the issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...in-demand.html

I drank a far bit of it in Russia when I was in the village. Oneof the cancer nutrition dvd's mentioned it and also mentioned injecting the ow with a small amount of blood from a cancer patience to create the anyi-bodies needed to fight that patient's issues.

This may help some in the UK but none in Essex... I've enquired at work as a guy there has farming connections

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 09-23-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #12
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the book link, Sauce. Yes, I've read much of the miracle book and already made mental notes to seek out his other work, so I'll be glad to have a peruse of that (though I do find online reading much more tiresome than print). Still, it's great to have the link as a freebie.

So you've already read and posted about this book too (NBSA) ? Great. I can see why. I think, on reading the liver book , that it fits very neatly in with the other two I've read (NBSA and China study) both talk about what we put in our bodies, but Andreas' book talks about what's already in there and how to get rid of it.

What a perfect accompliment.

I just have to go ahead and do it now... how many cleanses have you done, and did you do one a month like it recommends in the book?

all the best,

K
Old 09-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #13
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi all, heres some of my own experiences:

Gluten...found in mass in most foods (wheat) we are generally intolerant but 10% cant eat it at all as it causes severe illness.

Gluten=glue...used to be used as wallpaper glue. It lines the upper intestinal tract with glue. This hinders the absorbtion of vital nutients to the cells. A big no no.

Dairy=slime. Same as gluten, slimes the intestinal tract, hinders absorbtion.
Fats/oils (manufactured)=slime as above.

Suger=posion

PH is vital to be balanced from the foods we eat.

An easy way of understanding this is: all cooked foods become acid and thus screws up the PH

Akaline foods(raw) balances PH

Rule of thumb= 70-80% raw food, 20-30% cooked, this will balance PH.

Water=vital hydration for cells health. water quality his paramount to healthy cells. Spring water, healthy clean rain water ( not city rain)
Water from cities/towns ect even if not flurioated contains chloride and many other nasty pipe cleaning additives.

SKIN: The largest organ. 1/10 of an inch thick protects us from the outer enviroment. ANYTHING YOU PUT ON YOUR SKIN ENDS UP IN YOUR BLOOD.

IF YOU CANT EAT IT DONT PUT IT ON YOUR SKIN.

This also applies to hair/nails.

Hope this is helpful.

peace

Last edited by Ross H; 02-28-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #14
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Great advice, jross. I think a lot of people do not realize how much is absorbed by skin, including scalp.
All of advice in above posts sound great. Thanks, all.
Love Always,
Bushycat

Last edited by bushycat; 09-28-2009 at 12:46 AM.
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:42 AM   #15
mybodymyself
Avalon Senior Member

Kulapops,

Thanx for sharing this with us on PA. Interesting and at the same time I'm torn on this. That also includes everything besides this.
mybodymyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #16
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks all. Liver cleanse book is great too, can't recommend it highly enough (just finished reading it)

Jross, thanks for your experiences, these are prertty much identical to what Raymond says in his book so it's good that agrees with your own experience.

Gluten is a tough one to avoid I think. I still have Weetabix every day ! (Though, this is a whole wheat product, and I love it, and I don't think it's ever disagreed with me.) and I eat wholewheat bread occasionally (though I tend to bye rye or spelt now if I can get it).

What I have cut out though is refined flour - bye bye to all those yummy belgian buns and biscuits and cakes mostly, not to mention white pasta and spaghetti. Sure, I'll have a muffin or piece of chocolate cake if it's winking at me, same as I'll enjoy a steak - but the way I look at it now is that these are no longer every day things.

Shame, as I loved the baker's !

Jessica, what are you torn about?

Peace n love, and a little bit of what you fancy does you good...

K
Old 09-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
Thanks all. Liver cleanse book is great too, can't recommend it highly enough (just finished reading it)
I've just done my 4th liver flush last night and this am... WOW I didn't realise I was so full!!! I got some great large stones out this time 4-5 were 15-20mm across... I was getting a little upset early this morning because nothing was coming out... then WAM!!! Loads I will get some pictures on that thread soon

Also with regards natural soap can anyone recommend any which is very good... I already do not use shampoo or any other hair product, not for over a year now.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #18
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Erm... pictures won't be necessary thanx... I saw the last lot!

I'm going to try and get a proper colonic done (eek!) nearest one is Exeter... then I'm going to go for gold as it were.

Funny, my life feels completely constipated. I'm just beginning to see the link between the two (although my bowels are ok thanks!) so I'll not be surprised if my liver is congested.

4th one ! Way to go, sauce! 9 or 10 sounds daunting.. but I guess it's just one after another...

As for soap, I bought some 'Ayurvedic' soap (in a dark green and red packet) from the local health shop, because I too am trying to get away from chemicals. I'm assuming this one is ok, but I've thrown the packet away now. It's made in India, and it's really good soap. If the name is on the bar, I'll post it another time (but I think it's rubbed off by now)

Cheers,

K
Old 09-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #19
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi all,

Just thought this was worthy to mention...

Our immune system spends at least 80% of its daily work load in our mouth (teeth, gums) and up our bums ( bowel )

Sadly our lifestyles and food habits are a major cause of dis-ease and our teeth and bums suffer greatly.

Of course raising ones vibrational frequency from an emotional point of view is of most importance. Whenever we get stressed, angry, frightened and any other negitive emotional respones, we produce cortisol. (fight or flight survival tool) This day and age with all our emotional dis-function we can produce large amounts of this hormone. This directly weakens our immune system!

Summary: Dont stress, dont get angry, dont live in grief. Eat well, drink loads of water and raise ones vibrational frequencies...LOVE LOVE LOVE...

PEACE TO ALL
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote