Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 AM   #51
nibiru
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: So very few people on avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvp14 View Post
i will tell you the reason i have asked them to please shut down my account. There are humans on here who think they are gods. They give out "spiritual information" and think that they are jesus incarnate. (no i'm not a christian, but i am trying to make a point) in the end i realize , socializing with myself and human beings is what is really going to help me grow and not this forum. This has worked for me so far. I do come here to read articles. I wish you peace.
you´ve got a point there...
That´s exactly what jesus,and all of the grand religions in the world say : You are cocreator gods/godesses...and the same miracles i do is what you can also do,and even greater things...
With all my respect i think you should do your homework and research,study,investigate...remember that when the student is ready the master teacher appears...
Fortunately many human beings are awakening to the knowledge and fact that we are not separate, we all are the unique conciousness, incarnated, manifestating... And the power that emanates from that fact is the one that many " polarized to the dark " humans want to erase from your mind and from your reality...
But it is a matter of spiritual evolution ... It is like a stair,where some go in the first step,others go in the fifth, and few go in the twentieth... But it is not a race, and it really doesn´t matter who reaches the final step and who does that in ten millions years...
There is a law , that says that the "older" brothers serve the "youngest"...
So listen to whom has travelled much further than yourself and your inner voice will tell you if they have shared a piece of the whole truth or not (of course you first have to learn how to listen to your inner self), and please, always use discernment...
THERE WILL BE A TIME IN THIS INCARNATION OR IN THE NEXT OR IN THE FOLLOWING THOUSANDS THAT EVERYTHING WILL CLICK IN YOUR INSIDE WORLD...THERE IS NO RUSH...TIME IS AN ILLUSION,PAST,PRESENT AND FUTURE COEXIST SIMULTANIOUSLY...
With 9d compassion
nibiru

Last edited by nibiru; 11-17-2008 at 04:25 AM. Reason: SPELLING
nibiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:08 AM   #52
nibiru
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: So very few people on avalon

Ground crew :
One of the main prerequisites for humankind when joining the galactic community is tolerance and respect towards other ways of embracing reality...each fillum has its own agenda to fulfll in the universal puzzle...when we human beings show respect to others we can expect respect for us...it is a natural "universal law: Do to others what you would like others to do to you.... Simple as that.
Show respect and you will also receive it... Don´t show it and prepare to be banned from this forum,from any forum...from any club,from any family...from anywhere...
Irrespectfull people have the right to express and exist, yes, tolerance is the clue...but please exist in some other universe...

Last edited by nibiru; 11-17-2008 at 05:10 AM. Reason: SPELLING
nibiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 AM   #53
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Plejaren View Post
Not a public place. Private. Free speech not seen as a right but a privilege here. Limited within the bounds of the desires of the private owners on the internet space who claim everything within that space as their own.

This is not my paradigm or something I will ever agree on. but I will agree it is there right to choose that paradigm for themself. Even if I did not agree the laws of nature dictate them the power to ban me. However it does not empower people this paradigm so I conclude it is immoral. I am here because I am myself, my rights is never a privilege or property of another person.

Since I don't agree with this paradigm they can either let me be myself or ban me. I respect people but I am going to think for myself what is best. If others did the same we would not have globalization. This was not an assumption I made it was a conscious decision to know and follow what is the more effective and empowering system of operation in a forum.

http://plejaren.heavenforum.com/
I have a lot of respect for someone who can and does think for themselves. I also have a lot of respect for someone who places more value on their integrity than they do their safety or convenience.

You have these Dean, so I respect you.

But I disagree with your statement that this forums policies are disempowering. The policies exist to protect the many, from the individuals who place what they want personally, above the rights of others to not have that individual "act out" if that's what they feel like doing.

Kerry said just today that (paraphrase here) the rules are not to take precedence over the individual pursuit of truth. And that she didn't want the Mods here to be like traffic cops.

The mods don't want to be reduced to that kind of activities either.

The line to keep from crossing, is the one where the many are made to hear the complaints of the one or the few. It just turns the place thick with unpleasant vibrations, if that's the terminology you'd care to use.

The only rights of yours anyone here is interested in infringing, is your perceived right to say whatever you want, no matter what that does to others. You are responsible for the effects you create on others.

The mods will protect the members here from self serving activities which fall outside the rules, and cause others distress. They won't have much choice.

'nough said.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:52 AM   #54
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The policies exist to protect the many, from the individuals who place what they want personally, above the rights of others to not have that individual "act out" if that's what they feel like doing.
But notice something when you do this......Remember the policies of anti-terrorism laws? What does it end up doing?

How do you protect people? By putting the power in the hands of a few people?

I am not trying to argue this is just open discussion about things. It's my view that the foundation of something will determine how strong it will be.

All that Avalon is for I am supporting, but this is just how I think. I'm not demanding anything just being transparent about how I think.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:41 AM   #55
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Hi Dean. I hardly think anyone is ever going to stop you from having or expressing your opinion.

Mods respond to the complaints of other members toward a particular member whom they think are taking advantage of, or just plain don't follow the guidelines. In fact, over 90 percent of mods taking any action is complaint driven by the members themselves.

I hope this clarifies some of the confusion that may have popped up from time to time.

As for missing threads, I repeatedly stated that anyone sending me the name of a thread that is being reviewed that they wish to see sooner, as compared to later. just needs to PM me and I will personally handle it ASAP.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #56
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
over 90 percent of mods taking any action is complaint driven by the members themselves.
It does not clarify even more questions come to mind.....But I will leave the issue alone I don't want to harass.

Nice of you to offer getting any missing threads back if they need any but very confusing.

I'll save the hassle of questioning it like an investigation, it's not cleared up but I don't want to harass. Nothing the mods said have given me any reason to think it's not exactly how I said from the beginning of this thread.

The conclusion is I never agree or can understand the clean up incident but are moving on now without dwelling on it.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:04 AM   #57
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

One more thing. I think it is a realistic danger that opinions will be suppressed under any structure of centralized power that considers people and things as privately owned.

Last edited by Dean Plejaren; 11-17-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #58
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

!

Last edited by dayzero; 11-26-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: bad feeling
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #59
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
But notice something when you do this......Remember the policies of anti-terrorism laws? What does it end up doing?
Hi Dean

You've raised some pretty interesting questions, questions which are in no doubt on the tip of other peoples thounges as well. The policies of Anti-Terrorist laws are made with the intent of creating an invisible prison around the people in which the end result favours the elite. The rules created here at Avalon are made with the intent of genuinely creating value for the people of this forum and thus the end result will inevitibly be different.

Quote:
How do you protect people? By putting the power in the hands of a few people?

If we had no rules the forum would degenerate into total chaos. We have already witnessed this earlier on in the forums existance where a few choose to spread negativity and fear, as well as some well placed tactical remarks about the moderators, Bill and Kerry and as a result of this some of the more productive members left the forum. While there are tigers in a zoo you will always need a way of protecting the visitors from their destructive little claws.

Quote:
I am not trying to argue this is just open discussion about things. It's my view that the foundation of something will determine how strong it will be.
Open discussion is healthy and is more then welcome here. The moderators of Avalon, unlike the 'PTB' are more then happy to explain their actions honestly. There are no secrets here.

Quote:
All that Avalon is for I am supporting, but this is just how I think. I'm not demanding anything just being transparent about how I think.
And again i would like to thank you for your thoughts. There are many people who have a sense of paranoia about the forum and why it needs to be moderated. Openness, honesty and integrity are values we hold very highly here and the moderators do their utmost to keep the forum healthy and balanced but I would like to remind everyone that it is essential that we put rules in place, there are nefarious people that visit here as many are already aware, who's sole purpose is to divide us which would eventually lead to the disintigration of the forum.

All the best,

Jack
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #60
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

""You can't stop people arguing forcefully without a regression, that is part of the process of resolving present frictions. Forcefully banning average people is going backwards. You can say they deserve to be banned and it was all correct but I wasn't born yesterday.
I wasn't born yesterday either Dean.

P.S
When you own a site that doesn't mean you own the people. Nor does it mean they are in your territory to order them as you please. This is what causes illusions that make you think certain people are above the rule of other people. It's not a pyramid. You strip people of their right to be themself."""

If you have that little autonomy and so little knowledge of who you really are I can understand why you are feeling being ordered around.
If your level of autonomy is low I can imagine you feel or think that some people are above the rule of other people.
I would like to encourage you to face the truth on what your personal level of selfempowerment really is, not dwell and indulge in the illusion of what you like to think it is.
If your autonomy would be high leveled and strong you would not feel stripped of anything as it is impossible for someone else to strip you of anything. You are the one doing it to yourself and that is a choice you are free to uphold and stand for.

I respect your free will and the path you choose.

We all are an ongoing project.
Still evolving.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #61
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: So very few people on avalon

Hi this is a place of wounderful information I've found some fantastic links and spoken with like minded ppl. It's like any new site lots of interest at first and as time moves on so do ppl looking for more sites to stimulate there minds ,everyone is different .

I don't let others influence me one way or the other . I investigate for myself I make my own judgments then act accordingly. when the time is right for me I will decide when to move and not some persons viewpoint .

So remember why this site was started THE GROUND CREW and survive whats coming, be ready.

Love to you all
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #62
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

A few things are clear that you can't cover up and that is what I already stated above.
Jenny, it's not me that is in the delusion it's clear that moderation is power that is used in discernment it's not some illusion that people can be ordered around by the moderators influence. Are the Moderators a reflection of 5000 or so members? No they are the reflection of the owners who accepted them. The structure of it is clear so you can't pretend centralization isn't capable of a function of control. That is just laws of nature not me in a delusion. If I felt ordered around or powerless without knowing why would I disagree and say what is the truth. I am not doing anything to myself other than saying what is. That is not stripping me of anything it's making myself clear in relation to what is mistaken.

Quote:
If we had no rules the forum would degenerate into total chaos.
It's not the rules that are upholding things, it's peoples interpretation and implementation of them. When you let people think for themself and make up their own rules to lead themself it leaves less room for mistakes. You are incorrect things degenerate into chaos. That only happens when people are not taking responsibility for themself. That isn't suppose to be the job of one or two people. There is a serious misconception going on here that is causing major problems. The source of division negativity and fear is ever more clear.

Whatever the intention is, centralization restricts people to the minds of a few and what they allow. When you get to the amount of people coming to this forum it really begins to effect peoples ability to communicate believe it or not that is how it works.

What I know is true is what I know. I can't conform and pretend something is not happening when it is. The way you handle these problems that you moderators constantly try to solve is you eliminate rules and allow diversity rather than conforming to specific policies that only foster what you are trying to eliminate. Which is a lack of leadership in people and a lack of allowing them to take responsibility. That is the core of all the problems no matter what you want to decide.

And would it go into chaos? Maybe at first it would seem to collapse because you have already structured it that way. In this society people do not think for themself for so long that they are now dependent and not capable of making proper decisions. They are not critical thinking because what has being taken away? The freedom to take responsibility for themself and others without some mediator enforcing conduct. This enforcement is the cause of the problems not the solution. how do I know that because its simple. Written rules are restrictions that do not justify or solve the problems that they would claim to be solving. The nature of reality dictates any rules are nothing more than extra obstructions. The only thing that can work is unity and co-operation for the empowerment of the individual not centralization of decisions.

Since I don't agree with the entire structure of it maybe you should ban me. I'm not sure what you should do if I was in that position I would listen to me and follow what works. All I know is what I said is right. Anything else is not my problem.

Last edited by Dean Plejaren; 11-17-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #63
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Even here LAWS must be followed...

Usually people who have a problem following the laws, have a problem with themselves. Almost always they enjoy sharing their problems with those who will listen.. Or pretend to listen.. Their is confusion between freedom and liberty... Need I say more..
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #64
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Hi Dean,

I understand where you come from and I admit I do have mod powers.

And you don't.

BUT;

I live in various circumstances and situations where people can tell me what to do.
I don't care.

I can be who I am everywhere, whatever the rules OR laws are.

I act from a level of sovereignty and autonomy and I always have a choice.
I can change myself. Not you. You can change yourself, I cannot.

I choose to be here and to be a mod.

What is your choice?

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #65
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

You know my choice it's that the only "laws" I follow is the law of nature. Since it is the only real law I have no problem following it and it would be unwise not to. I have a problem following something that doesn't work because I know it will be problematic. That's why I was pointing out why something doesn't work and why I don't follow it.

This is the point of why the bans and clean up is bias. The only way to solve it is what you see as the problem. People who seen what happened agree with me and those banned know they were not treated in a balanced way. So it's trivial what you want to justify it as when I have already explained the entire thing of why it's unbalanced and doesn't work.

...and does this mean I want to complain? No....It just means I'm interested enough in the forum at this time to comment what I am observing. My focus is on it because of the massive effects it has on everyone that come here. Negativity and complaining is totally different this is something logical which I have thought about carefully for the benefit of everyone in order to explain it. It deserves more thought you brush it off as if it wasn't important in defensive mode yet this is the difference between harmony and suffering. Not just here but everywhere on the planet.

P.S
I made it clear in pm the guidelines are not binding me, I made a thread why they don't bind me. Clearly I am stating I don't agree to comply with guidelines for said reasons as a binding contract only to uphold respect to other people as I would do on my own without the guidelines anyway. I have made it clear I do not consider this private property or that my rights are a privilege given to me under certain condition of someone else. I have no concept of being owned with conditions that I have to comply with.

Yet there is no ban up to this point because why? Because there was some degree of non mindless thinking that I was a sensible person and could respect people. Yet according to the guidelines I should be banned because I don't agree that they bind me to comply. So what is going on with it? You have to make a clear distinct decision. Either agree guidelines and rules can only be a means of exploitation that are not a valid agreement or there is no room for me to exist in the paradigm that I am existing in. Either accept the new paradigm and evolve or ignore and ban me. But I will continue the same understanding that we should be our own leader and co-operate for the empowerment of the individual.

Last edited by Dean Plejaren; 11-17-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #66
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Dean. Do you think your could clearly word a post that says exactly what it is you are seeing here, that you believe not to be working?

I can't get a sense of what you're on about from what you've said so far. I don't understand what you're saying exactly.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #67
symbolon
Avalon Senior Member

No doubt many of them are working on themselves and their inner life, becoming better versions of themselves, becoming better human beings...creating a better future. Just maybe people are busy doing just that? In any case. it's not the quantity of our membership but the quality.
symbolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #68
Greg10036
Avalon Senior Member

There are a lot of people on Avalon, and even more lurkers. Something you might be sensing is that a lot of people who initially took part in the discussions have been dismissed by people who read a book and have become the guru expert. When someone shares how scared or confused they are by what they perceive is going on in the world, the crystal gazers admonish them and put them down. What has turned me off is that there are a lot of contactees on the forum and rather than ask them what is going on, attention is given to people who say the sky is falling in and their only credential to say that is that they have a bunch of books they want to sell. I am encouraged though. The thread on heart path and people saying they believe nothing the book sellers say is a step towards waking up. This forum is a microcosm of the hu-man condition. If you wonder what is the reason the world is in the state it is in, look at what people say and how they say it on this forum. Look at how people put people down. Look at how book readers and book sellers think they know everything. It is instructive. I see many lost opportunities for communication on this forum. Peace.
g.
Greg10036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #69
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10036 View Post
There are a lot of people on Avalon, and even more lurkers. Something you might be sensing is that a lot of people who initially took part in the discussions have been dismissed by people who read a book and have become the guru expert. When someone shares how scared or confused they are by what they perceive is going on in the world, the crystal gazers admonish them and put them down. What has turned me off is that there are a lot of contactees on the forum and rather than ask them what is going on, attention is given to people who say the sky is falling in and their only credential to say that is that they have a bunch of books they want to sell. I am encouraged though. The thread on heart path and people saying they believe nothing the book sellers say is a step towards waking up. This forum is a microcosm of the hu-man condition. If you wonder what is the reason the world is in the state it is in, look at what people say and how they say it on this forum. Look at how people put people down. Look at how book readers and book sellers think they know everything. It is instructive. I see many lost opportunities for communication on this forum. Peace.
g.

Profound!!

I agree completely. Never has time like these times occurred in our history. In the old days things in the World would happen and people would have time digest these things a slow process, yet more personal, to ones self. Now we have the Internet message boards, and just great influx of paranoia, false prophets and of course snake oil salesmen, that can guarantee a understanding. Oh not to mention new religions, 2012, etc. etc. and whatnot. The waking up part is easy, either will do it on our own, or they'll unplug us I suppose. I think our job is to just inform people the World will not stop spinning, life will go on one way or another whether, WE believe what your preaching or not. WITHOUT getting into petty arguments on the internet. This should be a support board, not a board of passing or sensationalizing nonsense. What saddens me is someone has to tell us how to be. Instead of us already knowing how to act...

Last edited by Xhaosis; 11-17-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #70
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
Dean. Do you think your could clearly word a post that says exactly what it is you are seeing here, that you believe not to be working?

I can't get a sense of what you're on about from what you've said so far. I don't understand what you're saying exactly.
Read very carefully my last post that I edited. Maybe read it twice or 3 times. You will understand what I said is true if you have the wisdom to see it.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #71
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

the site becomes more active the more camelot publishes. bill and kerry uued to put out a much higher volume? curious why not as much or as frequent anymore. have they lost interest, gotten captured, informants rebeled.............etc?!
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #72
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

I would just like to clear up some misperceptions about the selection of mods. First off every mod started off as a member just like everyone else. Some members volunteered and a few were picked out by Bill. Almost all mod selection is based on two things. The first being the quality of the posts the member is making and the second is the collective input from all of the other mods. We are looking at the individual communication style to check if the potential member mod can deal with conflict that arises between members when discussions become a bit intense.

Some members posts come to the attention of a mod through their interaction on the forums and that person may be recruited to be a mod as well. Again, all mods must agree the potential mod would be a fit for the type of work that is needed. Some of the members recruited, once on board as a mod, realized this wasn't something they wanted to do. This was where the highest attrition took place among members who were recruited as mods as compared to members who volunteered to help.

There is a lot of work that goes on beind the scenes and as a result, the real fun of posting on the forums is often put on the back-burner when being a mod as the mod role tends to take a lot of time and energy just to cover the different time zones.

I hope this explains a bit about the process.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #73
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Perhaps, this is a site or a place to learn from to help finding ones self, at a time, to become someone else. Afterwards Who knows. People need to find their own way I believe, not have someone else find it for themselves..

I dunno Anymore.. Not even sure why I am here. I am also sure I will be gone as well, when I become someone else as well. The journey of life. We must keep moving on. hopefully everyone can find peace if just for a moment.. A form of grace without questioning why.

Last edited by Xhaosis; 11-17-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #74
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

well; to my knowledge
they both have been travelling for sep/oct/and, novermber,
and, it is have to travel/work
and, spend time to post anything

i think, you will be hearing a lot more
from both of them, in the next 3 month period
NOV/DEC/and, JAN

i am glad to hear, that they are spending
time investing, in the moderators,
as, that is good news

cheers
susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #75
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
the site becomes more active the more camelot publishes. bill and kerry uued to put out a much higher volume? curious why not as much or as frequent anymore. have they lost interest, gotten captured, informants rebeled.............etc?!
Good question.

The perfect place to ask that one, is the proposed new sub forum where you'll be able to post questions to Bill and Kerry directly, and get their answers.

I know they have some things being prepared for future release, and some scheduled interviews.

posting about these things is their prerogative, so stay tuned.

Lots of exciting new stuff on the horizon.