Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #26
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 01-01-'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post

Numbers though have patterns unlike the others.. and i find it amusing to take note of the patterns
Here's something that I discovered one day many years ago when I looked at a calculator keypad. Start with the two numbers on the left of the bottom row (1 and 2) they add up to the number on the right of that row (3). Now add the two numbers on the top and middle of the left column (7 and 4) if you drop the ten, they come to the bottom number on that side (1). OK, now take the two numbers on the right hand side of the top row (8 and 9) they add up to the number on the left (7). Finally, in this pattern, add the two numbers on the bottom of the right column (6 and 3) they equal the number at the top of that column (9).

Now here was another thing that I noticed that started to make me wonder what it was I had discovered - add the two numbers on the right side of the bottom row (2 and 3) and they come to the number in the center of the keypad (5). Now, following that same placement pattern, add the two numbers in the remaining row and columns and you'll find that they add up to the same figure.

Fascinating isn't it? But it doesn't end there - take the left and the right number in the bottom row, they add up to the center number in the left column. Add the top and bottom number in the left column and they equal the number in the center of the top row. Go on, I know you will - add the left and right numbers in the top row and see what they come to. Keep going with the right column and see what the answer is.

Now, add all three numbers in the center row, then the center column, then the two diagonals. Each of these additions come to 15. It just keeps going - pick any placement pattern you like and see what you can come up with - it'll either drive you potty or keep you amused for hours. Have fun.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:18 AM   #27
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Multiply 13.837 with your age & multiply the outcome of that with 73.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #28
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Dantheman62
Maybe here...
http://cowaro.com/Date/Endeavour.html

There are three formats commonly used in the US
- Logical: Year - Month - Day
- Civilian: Month - Day - Year
- Military: Day - Month - Year

Apparantly it's even more complicated than I first presumed.
The format used in Europe is the US's military format.
At least we've made it easy for them, in case they decide to invade The Hague, because we sentenced an American for warcrimes.
(This is no joke. The USA have a 'law' that gives them the 'right' to do this!)
Old 02-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #29
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Yippie!!!!
It's 02-02-2010!
Another date those Ammies can't screw up!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #30
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Gosh! Too late! 03-03-2010 has passed away already, here in Holland.

But not in the US, Hawai, & South America so another 'Yippie!!!'