Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 AM   #1
Newshound
News Bot

Post US envoy starts Middle East push

President Obama's Middle East envoy George Mitchell is on his way to the region, heralding a new burst of diplomacy.

More...
Newshound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
no caste

Default Re: US envoy starts Middle East push

Does anybody know Canada's foreign policy in the Middle East today? I received this info [Jan 16-09] - are we a beacon or a continuing vacuum of ....

NDP Foreign Affairs critic Paul Dewar continues to challenge the failure of the Harper government to support the delivering of aid to civilians and the monitoring of any ceasefire. "We should be supporting initiatives at the Security Council to provide leadership to have a ceasefire put in place immediately, to ensure that there's humanitarian aid able to get into Gaza unfettered, and Canada should be supplying some of that aid," Mr. Dewar said. "I think most people would want to see Canada's voice join others to look for a peaceful resolution in the end, obviously, but immediately to call for a ceasefire and provision of humanitarian aid and assistance.

pardon me - I am hate-ridden today. government's back. i don't even know how to start.

LOST IN THE DARK