Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #1
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Default How Can Someone Live On The Run?

I have a friend who is in a small amount of trouble for a use of marijuana charge and he is going to think about taking off. He is facing about two years and doesnt want to get into trouble and he needs to know how to get on the run. We have a bunch of questions about extradition laws and if they can deport you for misdemeanors. I trust you people here and I was wondering if anybody could help?

Thanks,
Love,
Orion
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How Can Someone Live On The Run?

Anybody?
Old 01-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #3
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Thats a difficult descision to make Orion Morris. What country are you in, or your friend in. Two years seems to be a long sentence for marijuana use. Would running not just compound the problem. It may turn a minor dimeanor into a major one, and a labelling that would be even harder to shake. Im no help Im afraid. Im in New Zealand. With all the modern surveillance out there now it must be bloody hard to just disappear. Sorry, the doesn't really help, does it?
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:15 AM   #4
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Tell your friend not to do anything stupid. Being on the run is no way to live.

The two year sentence, may only end up as three months, as the jails are so over crowded that they don't want to pay for housing a marijuana charge when they have to house murders and rapists. Seriously, I know someone who got two years for something like that,and ended spending 3 to 4 months, and got let out, on good behavior. Of course, there would be a time of probation. But that would be preferable to being on the run, always looking over your shoulder.
Tell your friend to talk to someone who knows the laws in his area...I'm sure that the two year sentence, wouldn't last that long. Only if he did something really bad while incarcerated.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:17 AM   #5
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

It doesnt really help but that is ok... Two years is crazy but he was caught with a pipe and then failed a **** test so they charged him with use and possession... Both are one year a piece where I live here in the states... actually we live in Wyoming where hippies are frowned upon but it is crazy and they are going to send him through the ringer.... I am a little worried about even posting this here.... or anywhere for that matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Thats a difficult descision to make Orion Morris. What country are you in, or your friend in. Two years seems to be a long sentence for marijuana use. Would running not just compound the problem. It may turn a minor dimeanor into a major one, and a labelling that would be even harder to shake. Im no help Im afraid. Im in New Zealand. With all the modern surveillance out there now it must be bloody hard to just disappear. Sorry, the doesn't really help, does it?
Old 01-30-2009, 05:20 AM   #6
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Actually 2 years is if your friend pushes it all the way to trial. Usually copping a plea will get much less depending on where they are from.

I don't think that a Pot charge is worth going On The Run for, at least in the States. It's very difficult to do and usually warrants severe circumstances. Any way to say where the person is from (in general) ?
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:21 AM   #7
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Well he is worried about the times to come and the changes when he is in jail.... so he would come back if nothing happens but he doesnt want to be in there if it does... We know the laws and it is a small town we have friends who have been in the same situations and it that is what we are basing our opinions on.... we know the judge personally... we grew up with his kids... it is not a matter of probation... we know what they are going to do if he goes to court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
Tell your friend not to do anything stupid. Being on the run is no way to live.

The two year sentence, may only end up as three months, as the jails are so over crowded that they don't want to pay for housing a marijuana charge when they have to house murders and rapists. Seriously, I know someone who got two years for something like that,and ended spending 3 to 4 months, and got let out, on good behavior. Of course, there would be a time of probation. But that would be preferable to being on the run, always looking over your shoulder.
Tell your friend to talk to someone who knows the laws in his area...I'm sure that the two year sentence, wouldn't last that long. Only if he did something really bad while incarcerated.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #8
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

can he develop an illness, that requires pot ???

and, get off that way

that seems crazy for what he did -- 2 years ???

anyway--i am glad, i just get high on life

love/susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:55 AM   #9
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Well here in Wyo... There is no such thing as med marijuana... they could care less... it sucks... yeah 2 years or more!

Warning everyone that good people can get taken in at any time..

Thank you exchanger!!! I miss you!!! I have been over at astrovera and that place is absolutly nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
can he develop an illness, that requires pot ???

and, get off that way

that seems crazy for what he did -- 2 years ???

anyway--i am glad, i just get high on life

love/susan
the eXchanger
Old 02-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
It doesnt really help but that is ok... Two years is crazy but he was caught with a pipe and then failed a **** test so they charged him with use and possession... Both are one year a piece where I live here in the states... actually we live in Wyoming where hippies are frowned upon but it is crazy and they are going to send him through the ringer.... I am a little worried about even posting this here.... or anywhere for that matter...
I'm in Calif., in a County where only large pot cultivation is prosecuted, and simple medical use is not prosecuted.

Your friend needs an attorney, either a private attorney or a public defender. Anything he says to his attorney is confidential.
You don't say whether the charge is a misdemeanor or a felony charge. A felony charge could be tracked through the US department of Justice, between states. And possibly a misdemeanor as well. I am not an attorney, so it is important that your friend get legal advice from an attorney. Anything we say could be the wrong advice for him.

I do know a good forum for asking legal questions, it is at www.lawyers.com. The forums is
here: http://community.lawyers.com/messageboards/list.asp

Last edited by KathyT; 02-03-2009 at 12:53 AM.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote