Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Please help me make an Avalon membership album

I too have been grieving as I realized my angel thread would be closed. This was the thread I put my heart and soul into and would search on threads and the net for images to add to it. And then I realized with the forum closed all of the amazing images that have been posted on the individual profile pages and in people's personal albums will all be lost. All of it as if it were never there. I felt so profoundly sad. All those lovely images were the love being shared among the members toward each other. All of those images represent the positive intention and force of this membership in action. And then I had this scathingly brilliant idea. But I need your help. I need everyone's help to do this if we hope to be successful. I want us to remember us as we are and what we have done together during this time in this special space. I want us to create an Avalon album from our profile pages to leave for posterity. To leave for those who were here and those who follow.

I would wish and request that each person search through their profile page and post what messages and images sang to their heart.. and uplifted their spirit givng credit to those souls who took the time to reach out and touch their spirit. I would like our Avalon album to include links to our individual members and other forums they visit. By now we know that there will be 3 spinoff forums from here (Project Light Warrior/Kerry; Avalon 2/Bill and Avalon Mist/avalon members). There may be more forums but it will never be the the same. I've already been through this with GLP and other places. You see, the garden we planted here is like my gourd. Some of it was hidden only to be discovered that something amazing happened when no one was looking. New life.

So please, please help me remember all of you. Please come together for this special project by posting images, special messages on our Avalon membership album. I will start in in the Spirituality forum because after all, we are true sisters and brothers in spirit and of one family. So my friends.. come join me in a cuppa and share a bit of your treasures with us to have and to hold in our hearts when the doors close to this lovely, lovely space.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...863#post256863

Last edited by Karen; 03-14-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Fix Link
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Please help me make an Avalon membership album

I sense so much sadness at the breakup of this forum. It is such a familiar meeting place of a global family, seeking answers, information, spiritual sustenance.

Thank you for your words Carol, many will respond cos we all have favourite messages and threads we do not wish to lose.

Im amazed and disappointed that Bill has not responded to the chaos on this forum in any way. There seems to me to be a lack of integrity here.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Do we actually know that all of that stuff will go away? Couldn't they just transfer the database files directly over to the upgraded software?
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Carol, in post one, that appears to be a copied and dead link with ... in the middle.

Edit: I found the link and fixed post #1

Last edited by Karen; 03-14-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

well Carol and Karen,

you do know it is possible to have all the content of Avalons threads saved just the way they are and Richard and Garath know porting it over isn't simple but already in the works...

what is on our member pages will need recreation for the new Avalon, but I have a feeling what is coming will be very similar to what we have always known and loved about the Avalon you two have poured your hearts into...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:25 AM   #6
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Thanks Karen. Ye gads! Another learning curve ahead and no spare time to master anything.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Karen....Can we get this site archived on DVDs for the users??

PDF format?

There is so much I don't want to lose....Peace...and thanks
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote