Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
R.Z.

Question Any Meet-Up Success Stories ?

Hello Folks -

I know we're under a watchful eye here, so I'd suggest not getting too specific - but I'd like to know if any groups are successfully getting together to meet face to face.

I haven't had much luck yet, myself - so I guess I'm just looking for a little positive reinforcement (or confirmation of disinterest).

Let me know how it's been going - either way!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
Denvercrew
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Any Meet-Up Success Stories ?

No luck in 'denver either, I think everyone is too scared, ironic huh?
Denvercrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Here in the Midwest we have had three physical meeting and several on-line chats. There is a solid group of about 16 people with several more “floaters”.

The interesting thing is we are from Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, so a little spread out but it also gives us several “zones” to work with.

We are from all walks of life and even from other countries (Peru). So things are coming together nicely and I have great hope for our burgeoning groups and communities.

Our next meeting will be around November 1st . . . . . so post in the Kansas, Missouri or Nebraska thread if you are interested in joining in!!!

R.Z. didn’t you move back to Tennessee to a farm group??
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
R.Z.

Thanks for the updates!

That's great news Blufire ... hope to hear from others with similar success.

Yes, I recently moved from the outskirts of D.C. to the Nashville area of TN.
No 'community' where I'm at though - a little ways south of here is a genuine 'hippie commune' called "the Farm" (thefarm.org - if I remember correctly). I had mentioned that somewhere - must be what you're remembering.

My only interested party so far is 65 miles north, so I'm thinking I need to expand my scope if I want to get anyone together. Maybe I'll have to start thinking regional rather than local!

Anybody else out there getting together?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:32 AM   #5
R.Z.

Oops - sorry for the double post, just thought of somethin' ...

Speaking of Denver -

I've got some family in that area & we're planning a get-together in Cheyenne next summer. I've 'tested the waters' a bit in the Wyoming thread to see if we could get some folks together while I'm out there. Whaddya think about a regional Colorado/Wyoming meetup this summer?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

There are groups meeting. Just not posting. Success in NOrCal anyway.
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:17 AM   #7
R.Z.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #8
LaRosa
Avalon Senior Member

(Edit: sorry, I just realise is was for United State)

I meet someone who made a trip in Peru and this person will live in my house for a couple days before leaving this coming week. We are in contact with others and I plan on making more contacts. I don't fear peoples knowing my place and projects. I ain't doing anything wrong. I plan to have eventually a safe place where I can retreat if the planet goes bad and where I can go for vacations if the planet goes well. As time goes by I wish to meet more mind-like positive peoples, to join forces.

My encounter is no coincidence. Quality over quantity.

Cheers!

Last edited by LaRosa; 11-01-2008 at 06:14 AM.
LaRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
3Dprisoner
Avalon Senior Member

Hello R.Z.

Me and my wife have had some success but much less than we expected. You may go to the Texas thread for my revelations on that.

Out of about 8 contacts we made, only 1 so far has met up with us and was from a town that we did not expect. But we drove the extra miles in the opposite direction and it was worth it! We had such a great time and experienced a lot of possitive reinforcement in so doing. It's nice not to feel isolated for a change.

You have to understand (as I'm sure you already do) that most people are mostly talk. It's just a fact of life.

I keep prodding the Texans anyway. I figure after about 16 contacts we will have another rendezvous with someone if statistics hold up.

As far as watching what I say because we are under a watchful eye, I've given up on fearing those bastards. They've taken so much from us that it's time we shoved back before they take it all.

You would be amazed at how many good things happen for us when we drop the fear aspect and start living again in spite of those who have actively helped to make most of us so fearful.

Keep your positive wishes up R.Z., things on the like minded meet up scene are going to get better for you as I just know they will. If you're ever near Brenham, Tx give us a visit as we'll show you to one hell of a good time, Texas style. We'll talk all night too about everything under the sun.

Best of luck to you brother.

3Dprisoner
3Dprisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #10
FieryNox
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorian's Revenge View Post
There are groups meeting. Just not posting. Success in NOrCal anyway.
I live in Sunnyvale, and would love to get involved.
FieryNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvercrew View Post
No luck in 'denver either, I think everyone is too scared, ironic huh?
I will meet anybody, problem is location if anybody is willing to come down to the springs I will be more than happy to meet with them. I only got a few people talking to me about a meet up. Not that many interested people around these parts (heavy focus on the family).

I have not yet met anybody from this forum, but I have met people on my own. if you are interested in a meet up please send tell.
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #12
3Dprisoner
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dprisoner View Post
Hello R.Z.

As far as watching what I say because we are under a watchful eye, I've given up on fearing those *******s. 3Dprisoner

See what I mean!
3Dprisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #13
Rainchild
Avalon Senior Member

Unhappy Re: Any Meet-Up Success Stories ?

No stories yet. Nobody has really joined yet. I posted a topic on the meetup I made and nobody replied. At the same time though 68 people viewed the topic. You'd think at least one would reply, right?
Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #14
Luana
Avalon Senior Member

We have a nice group forming here in southern Wisconsin.
Luana is offline   Reply With Quote