Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #26
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: ancient site discovered

Quote:
Doesn't this resemble an olmec head?
definitely!!
very cool.

thanks ultd mind!
i promise i will just keep
and use the pic as my wallpaper,
and to show friends when they come over. lol
(i still have to keep going back to it just because) lol

this is all very exciting.
it feels like we are there with you,
discovering bits of the past.
i love the pic of Jodi to!
all of them, really.

most of 'my' ancestors are Cherokee...
so that just makes it
that much more intriguing to 'me'.

many thanks, and many more discoveries!!
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:44 AM   #27
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post

definitely!!
very cool.

thanks ultd mind!
i promise i will just keep
and use the pic as my wallpaper,
and to show friends when they come over. lol
(i still have to keep going back to it just because) lol

this is all very exciting.
it feels like we are there with you,
discovering bits of the past.
i love the pic of Jodi to!
all of them, really.

most of 'my' ancestors are Cherokee...
so that just makes it
that much more intriguing to 'me'.

many thanks, and many more discoveries!!
very nice Orion11 ! people may think it is a flare, but i have been a photographer for a while now, and the sun was no where near that spot, i was under a heavy canopy of trees. now, i have contemplated that my camera did see something that was luminous there, and interpreted it in this fashion. at any rate, connecting with it energetically seems to give one a smile at the very least i am happy you are enjoying it.

looks like marshall and i will be meeting after the holiday weekend, although i will probably be making another trip there before we meet. before i get everybody all over the state showing up, i want to have walked the area a few more times.

it is very exciting, and it is stuck in my head. when i think about that face, the eyes pop up in my frontal lobe every single time. it's a very interesting phenomena.

peace
UM
unlimited mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:35 AM   #28
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: ancient site discovered

another question for the community. anyone know of a symbol that is shaped like a 3 or an E and then mirrored on the other side. there seems to be several of these around this site. could be a good clue.

this is on the waterfall

and this piece is at the 'face' site. this is one of the pieces i found when i went back over the weekend. it is at the top of the formation, but part of it is broken off.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #29
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

i finally found a website that shed some light on some of the artifacts i found there. one of them was a triangle with a single diagonal band representing a spirit portal.

from the website:
Shapes were a means to communicate. At Native American’s ceremonial complexes communication was between people and spirits. Spirits are beings. At ceremonial complexes specific spirits were invited to participate. For a spirit to participate it needed free movement, in some cases it needed to be directed where to go, at other times the spirit(s) needed to be contained and in a few cases, the spirit needed to represented. Spirits with free movement have the ability to wander at will. This occurs with invited spirits, uninvited benevolent spirits, and disruptive spirits. To maintain order people developed symbolic means of communication with the spirits. People used shape for several different purposes 1) protective/blocking symbolism 2) representation of various natural features like sun, moon, river, crystal 3) spirit portals and 4) to contain a spirit(s).

The most widely and universally used protective/blocking symbolism in the northeast region is the triangle shape. It was adaptable in many ways and forms. Some times it had dual usage of containing the invited spirit while at the same time blocking out uninvited spirits. Dual usage also extends to the triangle with two shoulders. The shoulders are a spirit portal and triangle is a blocking symbol. Most often the triangle was used strictly to block out uninvited spirits. The rectangle at America’s Stonehenge was used in unison with the triangle to protect. Outside this site rectangles were used as one of four basic shapes for low-walled enclosures. The consistency of its use suggests an importance was placed on the rectangle shape. Enclosures separate people and people/spirits from the world around them. By their nature they contain and at the same block out. The circle, open V, and U shape are the other basic shapes used to build low-walled enclosures. In reference to enclosures the four shapes appear to have some protective/blocking symbolism.

Representation of natural features was done for two purposes 1) to call forth a spirit to a man-made recreation of its natural feature as part of a ceremony, and 2) to recreate the natural feature to have the spirit present. Each representation is specific to the spirit invited to a ceremony. Each ceremonial complex appears to have developed its own form of representation with one exception, the Manitou “Spirit” Stone. Manitou stones universally have the same basic shape although they vary in size.

For a spirit to move from one world to another world or from one location on a ceremonial complex to another location it needs a spirit portal. Spirit portals take on many forms some of which have specific shapes. Shape was an important part of spirit portals at America’s Stonehenge.

Native Americans utilized and used shape to work with the spirits. It was one of many ways in which contact could be made with spirits. Spirits for some unknown reason abide by the people’s rules and purposes set forth within the symbolic shapes. Some Native American groups incorporated shape to a high degree while others used it sparingly or not at all. The triangle has widespread use throughout the northeast region. To a lesser degree the rectangle and circle in reference to enclosures has widespread usage. Otherwise, shape was very individualistic from group to group.

WOW WOW WOW

the picture i have of it is horrible due to the many issues i was having getting my camera to cooperate there, but i know exactly where it is.

still looking for the symbol reference

Last edited by unlimited mind; 06-30-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #30
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!

Love this! I, too, have Cherokee blood (my nick is Cherokee) and eveytime I get back to NC have to get up at least to Asheville if not to Cherokee. Those mountains are MAGICAL!

Did you get to talk to the local expert?

I'd love to have a copy of the "spirit" or energy source you captured...beautiful and very meaningful photo.

Keep up the good work, Unlimited Mind, and do let us know how things progress.

If you need a hand researching on the net, just hollar. I love stuff like this.
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #31
cosmictexan
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: ancient site discovered

Unlimited Mind,

Have you found anyone to look at the site yet? We are all so excited for you. Keep us posted.
cosmictexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #32
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

quickie update:

the site is much older than the cherokee. still have not met with the tribal leaders, but will finally do that on monday. took marshall mc clung to the site with his friend hoot gibbs yesterday. they were amazed, and especially with the footprints that are embedded into several large slabs. they did not want to go into the waterfall site.

the waterfall site is one huge artifact. i think i may have found a huge chamber there under a slab and may have found the entrance. did not have anyone with me, or my flashlight, so i did not further investigate. it is built UNDER the water fall i believe. this could all be my intuition gone coo coo, so don't hold me to it. but things happened that make me believe this.

i am working to put a complete website together about this, or maybe just add a section to my website with more pictures and what not.

this place is pristine right now, as far as the energy is concerned, and my guidance is continuing to remind me to keep it that way until i can find the group that is suppose to work with the energy. i think that might be the local tribe here, so keeping my hopes up for that adventure.

sorry for the short update, lots going on.

i need to get someone to the site that has experience with very very ancient sites. if anyone here has any ideas about that, please contact via PM.

a few pictures for now:
i took this photo after i had the 'experience'. the red arrows on the right of the photo are pointing out the spirit presence, and the arrow on the left is pointing to where i believe the entrance is to the chamber.

this photo is horribly blurred, very hard to get the camera to work here, but it does give you an outline of how it is built. the large slab that is laying across the top of what i am calling the chamber, is made to fit over this 'en.trance' to carry the water over it.

on top of the slab, is one giant heart rock, impossible to get a good angle on this with the photo equipment i have right now, but here is what the top looks like

further up the waterfall (this thing is huge) i found this interesting rectangular piece jutting from the very center of the large boulder at the bottom. notice the right angles in the slabs surrounding this area.

i did have indiana jones thoughts about going over there and pushing it to see what might happen< kidding around a bit. the reverence that this site commands is pretty outstanding. the energy there is pristine at the present moment, and the energies of the site have been stirred awake for this time.

more updates after the first of next week probably, unless i can get in touch with an archeologist that might be interested in this site.

peace in peace out
BIG LOVE

p.s. everytime i go to these sites, there are hearts everywhere. from the sky to nature all around. gotta LOVE it! the photo above i took yesterday as i was leaving, and for the past two visits, i have taken heart cloud pictures in this same area as i was leaving.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #33
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Wow, wow wow is right! I live about two hours or less from the site you found. (I also live two hours west of the Georgia Guidestones.) The place where I live was called the Enchanted Place by the "Ones who lived here Before the Cherokee." I will start looking up info on the Old Ones, as they are called by the local historians. I can tell ya, the place seems enchanted. I also have read for years about the portals in and west of Asheville. Yikes, the Blue Ridge seems to be blasting wide open with information for us. The oldest mountains on earth are the Appalachians. And yes, whoever said the heads looked Olmec: that rang a bell with me, too. I will also call my friend who is a member of the local archaeology group...maybe they know something about your find. I read somewhere that the Cherokee were direct survivors of Atlantis, along with clans who left on boats and ended up in the Carribbean and Portugal. The tribal art and language roots are the same for Cherokee and Portguese, supposedly. There is a huge (miles wide) quartz crystal buried outside Ellijay, Georgia. Anyone interested in meditating on that land if I can obtain access from the owner? Sorry this post is so long. LB
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:18 AM   #34
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
Wow, wow wow is right! I live about two hours or less from the site you found. (I also live two hours west of the Georgia Guidestones.) The place where I live was called the Enchanted Place by the "Ones who lived here Before the Cherokee." I will start looking up info on the Old Ones, as they are called by the local historians. I can tell ya, the place seems enchanted. I also have read for years about the portals in and west of Asheville. Yikes, the Blue Ridge seems to be blasting wide open with information for us. The oldest mountains on earth are the Appalachians. And yes, whoever said the heads looked Olmec: that rang a bell with me, too. I will also call my friend who is a member of the local archaeology group...maybe they know something about your find. I read somewhere that the Cherokee were direct survivors of Atlantis, along with clans who left on boats and ended up in the Carribbean and Portugal. The tribal art and language roots are the same for Cherokee and Portguese, supposedly. There is a huge (miles wide) quartz crystal buried outside Ellijay, Georgia. Anyone interested in meditating on that land if I can obtain access from the owner? Sorry this post is so long. LB
linda,
this is exciting! thank you in advance, and i look forward to anything you might be able to pass along. please contact me by PM here if you find anyone who may have some more info that ties in with this.

one other thing i noticed about the 'face' site is that there are two types of tear drop shapes. the first type look carved. the second type look like an eye, as it bulges in the middle. this gives me the impression that they have different meanings. this is just one of the mysteries on the mystery pile '

i also noticed that the 'eyes' on what we are calling the face, are different shapes. one is a circle, and one is shaped like a tear drop. very interesting.

what i would really like to do is measure and map this place out and put it back together virtually. i need some more tools,

BIG LOVE
Old 07-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #35
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited mind View Post
quickie update:

the site is much older than the cherokee. still have not met with the tribal leaders, but will finally do that on monday. took marshall mc clung to the site with his friend hoot gibbs yesterday. they were amazed, and especially with the footprints that are embedded into several large slabs. they did not want to go into the waterfall site.

this place is pristine right now, as far as the energy is concerned, and my guidance is continuing to remind me to keep it that way until i can find the group that is suppose to work with the energy. i think that might be the local tribe here, so keeping my hopes up for that adventure.

more updates after the first of next week probably, unless i can get in touch with an archeologist that might be interested in this site.
I'd be interested in what Marshall McClung had to say... unless you didn't want to reveal his comments in an open forum.

What about all the University departments I gave you by PM? Have you tried calling them personally? Because it is summer, the department heads may not be on campus all the time, but you have to start calling, and seeing who you can get, and ask those people to keep referring you to someone else they can get by phone.

I can't wait until you do get some answers from some professionals... because I do think it is worth looking into further!
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:32 AM   #36
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
I'd be interested in what Marshall McClung had to say... unless you didn't want to reveal his comments in an open forum.

What about all the University departments I gave you by PM? Have you tried calling them personally? Because it is summer, the department heads may not be on campus all the time, but you have to start calling, and seeing who you can get, and ask those people to keep referring you to someone else they can get by phone.

I can't wait until you do get some answers from some professionals... because I do think it is worth looking into further!
both marshall and hoot validated the theory that this site is older than the cherokee, but they did add that it was just their opinion. the waterfall site is absolute proof of this, as those slabs and the terrain would be impossible without some serious 'know how'.

i have called, emailed, and went to offices. what i am observing right now, is that the people that are going to be apart of this, will become available. i am meeting TJ Holland on monday, whose name was given to me by Marshall. TJ was an easy connect and he immediately wanted to check it out. his mother, who i talked to earlier that day, is full blood cherokee and is very active with the tribe.

basically what i am saying, is this process is unfolding as it should, with the people who will carry this forward in a reverent way. this has already been demonstrated to me many times. in one instance, one of the folks i emailed who is a part of the forestry service, looked at the face photo, and his first impression was that it was erosion. i laughed pretty hard when i read that. after i finally talked with him on the phone, he had a fuller picture and is now going to visit the site when he returns from vacation.

national geograhic (just heard back from the today) would like the same proof as you Kathy. so this is one of the next steps. the two V's verifying and validity

BIG LOVE

Last edited by unlimited mind; 07-09-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:00 AM   #37
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: ancient site discovered

wow!!

sooo exciting!!

I love this!!
I love you!! lol

those symbols/carvings on the waterfalls are interesting..
the only thing that came to mind when seeing it was this symbol...
"butterfly", it symbolizes everlasting life....

well.. i guess i cant upload a pic....
i tried earlier on another thread and couldnt there either..
hmm... :edit: also.. i suddenly got infected with a virus while trying to upload. lol
i never get viruses.
what the ef..... lol

well, if you look up the native american symbol for everlasting life,
youll see what i mean,

but im prolly way off. lol
just the first thing i thought of when i saw your pic.
thanks for sharing...
this is great!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #38
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
wow!!

sooo exciting!!

I love this!!
I love you!! lol

those symbols/carvings on the waterfalls are interesting..
the only thing that came to mind when seeing it was this symbol...
"butterfly", it symbolizes everlasting life....

well.. i guess i cant upload a pic....
i tried earlier on another thread and couldnt there either..
hmm... :edit: also.. i suddenly got infected with a virus while trying to upload. lol
i never get viruses.
what the ef..... lol

well, if you look up the native american symbol for everlasting life,
youll see what i mean,

but im prolly way off. lol
just the first thing i thought of when i saw your pic.
thanks for sharing...
this is great!!!
just found this on the everlasting life lead. two of my friends have intuitively mentioned 'eternal' and 'timeless', so everlasting fits right in to the mix.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:09 AM   #39
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNaDeYo View Post

Those mountains are MAGICAL!

I'd love to have a copy of the "spirit" or energy source you captured...beautiful and very meaningful photo.

If you need a hand researching on the net, just hollar. I love stuff like this.
hello there winadeyo
sorry i overlooked your post. you can certainly have a copy of the 'spirit' energy. not trying to sell photos here, but if you would like a postcard of this, or any other size, you can buy one here. i uploaded it to my gallery there because i had some folks that wanted a printed copy.

and if you would like to help with research, ancient carvings and symbols would be where i need some more eyes. there is a lot of ground to cover out there, and so far not much results from my part.

we may need to stretch further than native american here, so keep that in mind. this site 'could be' very ancient. i have searched thru some alchemical symbols, native american, ancient, and i should probably get to the astrological/sabian. since everything is pretty much unknown right now, any place is the best place to start

thanks for the support!

here's another surprise from joyce kilmer memorial forest, apologies for the blur, but he was giggling.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:39 AM   #40
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
both marshall and hoot validated the theory that this site is older than the cherokee, but they did add that it was just their opinion. the waterfall site is absolute proof of this, as those slabs and the terrain would be impossible without some serious 'know how'.

national geograhic (just heard back from the today) would like the same proof as you Kathy. so this is one of the next steps. the two V's verifying and validity
You've heard from National Geographic! That is great! You're on the right path. Good work!

I don't know that I'm looking for "proof"... I'm just hoping the experts will get interested and do the serious study needed... and it looks like you've got the ball rolling! And I hope you get the credit you deserve for finding it. Makes you wonder that no one noticed it for the past 100 years, particularly when there is a picnic table placed right there, that is the funny part!
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #41
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
You've heard from National Geographic! That is great! You're on the right path. Good work!

I don't know that I'm looking for "proof"... I'm just hoping the experts will get interested and do the serious study needed... and it looks like you've got the ball rolling! And I hope you get the credit you deserve for finding it. Makes you wonder that no one noticed it for the past 100 years, particularly when there is a picnic table placed right there, that is the funny part!
national geographic will be very interested once someone with the right capital letters behind their name verifies the site in some way. personally, i have no doubts, so that is what i am beaming out there to whomever is listening.

it might not be a bad idea to get an expert to look at what we are calling the 'footprints'. this will need to be an on site investigation (unless we figure out a way to model them), because i have tried every way possible to photograph these, and it is really really hard to get the detail needed. (there are a few photographic equipment needs i have right now. plus, the next time i go to the water fall site, i am hauling the tripod up with me to see if i can get some better photos.)

and you are right about the easy access to the 'face' site. i spoke to the local store owner, the man that gave me marshall's name, and he told me that he had climbed all over those slabs before. but because of the steep grade around the site, he never ventured further. he also never noticed all of the other things (the notch, carvings, or the chamber).

also, as i was near the top of the waterfall, i heard a car go by. and since i had reported this to the forest rangers before i met marshall and hoot, i thought that it could be someone from there. as i was leaving the waterfall i decided to see if it was one of the rangers i spoke to. (found a turtle marching up the center of the lane going up) it wasn't a ranger, and that person did not notice anything interesting about the site either.

i guess it is perception. and both jodi and i think that everything is a mystery, so everything is interesting and captivating. lol. we were feeling our way around the day we found it, so i am sure that had something to do with it too. jodi has not been back yet, and i can hardly wait for her to go back with me.

the face site has had more traffic over the years, for sure. and maybe one of the things that will happen, is that the energy between all the different sites will be connected and balanced once again. i am constantly getting guidance to find the group that can work with this energy before the entire site is widely known. this is the biggest message so far. getting it reported and documented is further down the list, although getting to know the site is really all i am documenting so far.

the probable reason the waterfall has not been thoroughly documented and explored, is the difficulty of the actual site. marshall said he had climbed the thing many years ago, i think he may be in his late 60's, and he felt that it was quite odd, but he didn't think to investigate it further.

now everything is coming alive. i really hope that there have been artifacts found that were out of place and are in a box in some storage room somewhere. this way we can expand the picture a bit more.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #42
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
validated the theory that this site is older than the cherokee,
sure feels that way.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #43
cosmictexan
Avalon Senior Member

Unlimited mind,

There is a show on tonite Wed. 7/15/09 on PBS called Time Team America and they are investigating an ancient site in South Carolina that is said to be the oldest know North America site. It may be connected to your site in some way. I am taping the show and will let you know what they found if the show is not on in your area. I am so excited about your find and can't wait for more info. Here is the web page for the show.

http://www.pbs.org/opb/timeteam/

I think you can watch the show online if you can't see it tonight.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:09 AM   #44
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictexan View Post
Unlimited mind,

There is a show on tonite Wed. 7/15/09 on PBS called Time Team America and they are investigating an ancient site in South Carolina that is said to be the oldest know North America site. It may be connected to your site in some way. I am taping the show and will let you know what they found if the show is not on in your area. I am so excited about your find and can't wait for more info. Here is the web page for the show.

http://www.pbs.org/opb/timeteam/

I think you can watch the show online if you can't see it tonight.
very cool cosmictexan! thanks so much for passing this on. hopefully i will be able to see the show online.

just visited the sites again on monday, and found more markings on other slabs in the general area. so far, there are remnants covering a 3-4 mile area, and will probably encompass more once i walk further up, over, and around the mountains there.

did a closer investigation of the slab area, and that is the only area on the entire waterfall with the block slab construction that is so very obvious. so, my instincts are indicating a definite chamber under the slab, built in to the waterfall.

had some really great folks here initiate contact with me from this forum about the site, and i just wanted to say thank you for the research help AND the interest. linda baker passed on some info to me and somehow has disappeared. so if you are out there linda, please contact me.

more soon..............
Old 07-16-2009, 04:20 AM   #45
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Oh man do I got a smile for you unlimited. I paid the subscription costs just for this post alone as you may remember over six months back with me making my philosophical stand against this financial tyranny of the subscription.

Besides that, let me begin.

I am a Classical Humanities major at the University of Southern Maine, with a minor in archaeology, with the original plans to get a masters in archaeology, however, I do not feel I will even complete my bachelors as the way the flow of things have been moving.

But alas synchronicity has been at the highest threshold ever for me so I consider this no mistake in why I browsed Avalon's forum tonight.

I met a man almost a year ago, and to date, I consider him one of the most intelligent and respectable men I have ever met. His name is Nate Hamilton and is by gone it the best teacher I have ever witness in the classroom. He has a PhD in archaeology and specializes in Neolithic New England studies and New World textiles. His work has focused in Japan, Maine, Peru, and the Caribbean.

This week I have been contemplating on contacting him about my own little theory which I will elaborate on in a little more. However, after reading this post and studying the images I feel I must undoubtedly contact him now in regards to both, also in the name of the current state of consciousness itself. The world is truly starting to blossom. In the past couples weeks, it has been personally a scary trek, but I think things are going to change for me any day now.

I myself have been making plans to leave for Katahdin on a solo hike to explore some caves on the mountain, the largest in Maine and at the very end of the Appalachian trail, which my friend, just happens to end at the other end down the road from the site, and my guess stroll right through that same area. Coincidence? Bah!

My own opinion is yes some can definitely be considered erosion and yes, experts will argue that. The waterfall I would consider not to be definitive evidence (I also have a heavy focus in earth science and geology). But the surface markers to the rock faces is what truly interests me, especially the one of the actual face. The cuts seem unnatural in my opinion and truly intrigue.

However, my true interests lies in your lens flare photograph. I have been doing photography for eight years now. THAT IS NOT A LENS FLARE AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT IN MY LIFE. From the layout of the picture and in terms of physics, that is light being emitted from a single point, yet do to the prism effect that means that point is bent, ie the curvature of space itself due to you know what.

On to my story now, Katahdin has been my focus for just under a year now, and I have never hiked it, and have been trying to get up there. It caught my interest with Project Camelot actually with St. Clair talking about looking at your local mythology in terms of radiant zones. Katahdin has some ridiculous mythology in terms of white fair skinned people with bright yellow hair emerging from the caves. Several myths talk about the caves. Another myth talks about how a virgin mother gives birth to a child [whose father is supposedly the mountain itself, the spirit] who has magical powers. Many of the other tales have strange characteristics such as talking about a wise man who had crossed the great river to the east in a stone canoe.

To cut things short, I believe their is an entrance to the world beneath on Katahdin, and my intuition won't let me drop it. As a child, Jules Verne's epic novel A Journey to the Center of the Earth captivated me, along with James Gurney's Dinotopia: A World Beneath. A do not consider it coincidence. Along with the past few days, that title has popped up EVERYWHERE. My dad mentioned it in a casual conversation with my mom today, and I saw the book title by random chance online today too, with both events back to back. Anyways, someone or thing won't let me drop it. I was planning on going next week. The largest caves in the state of Maine are on this mountain, some with year round ice. Maybe I might find something else. I was thinking of inviting Nate, the archaeologist, along with me [as Nate is very fond of me, and considers me to be one of his greatest pupils he's taught, as he says, I know how to be open minded and my curiosity is my greatest tool]. He might be on a dig on the coast of Maine though, I am not sure. I will find that out tomorrow. If so, I know it was only for 3 weeks, I believe in June into the first week of July.

However, as said, the Appalachian mountains are the oldest range on the planet. You happened to find this site at one end. And possibly myself at the other. Also as mentioned by yourself, America's Stonehenge is located an hour down the road from me in NH.

Depending on what manifests, unlimited, as your were one of the few members on this board who really caught my eye initially, I would be willing to come down afterward to Georgia to see the site myself. I was planning on backpacking this whole summer with the goal of getting to Burning Man Aug 30th, however, there has been a slight delay. I did have a friend said she would give me a ride to Burning Man from Savannah in mid August so who knows.

Mmmm, do I smell beauty in the air. Namaste.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #46
hobbit
Unsubscribed

GregorArturo,
Wonderfull to see You back here, the free membership brought myself back after the paid membership nonesense.
My son has just completed the camino de santiago walk in northern spain.
After years of poking fun at Me and what I have been waffling about, he just had to go on it.
He had many experiences on that walk, and now is awoke, the eclipse on the 22d will be very revealing, imo, and not just from where the shadow is cast, look straight through this hollow earth, think in terms of field patterns.

Gravity will be a consequence of attraction and repulsion, We are on the convex side, but their will be a concave side with a central sun, the anode to the suns cathode.
All the spheres will be hollow including the sun, and it will merely be in a flow around this galaxy, not the nuclear reactor as told , but a resistor in the path of the flow, it is spirralling as we are, not circulating, but spiral.
I consider we have been veiled for good reasons, the forces are alive and will make nuclear as we percieve it look like sparklers, but everything spirals, and thus We are reaching a very signifigant geometric point, a brilliant and fabulous time, as such as time is?
hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #47
cosmictexan
Avalon Senior Member

hobbit, have you heard any of Nassim Haramein's lectures? If not, it sounds right up your alley. He has many great ideas about the sun and the spiraling galaxy. There are a lot of videos on you tube of his lectures. Enjoy.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #48
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Oh man do I got a smile for you unlimited. I paid the subscription costs just for this post alone as you may remember over six months back with me making my philosophical stand against this financial tyranny of the subscription.

Besides that, let me begin.

I am a Classical Humanities major at the University of Southern Maine, with a minor in archaeology, with the original plans to get a masters in archaeology, however, I do not feel I will even complete my bachelors as the way the flow of things have been moving.

But alas synchronicity has been at the highest threshold ever for me so I consider this no mistake in why I browsed Avalon's forum tonight.

I met a man almost a year ago, and to date, I consider him one of the most intelligent and respectable men I have ever met. His name is Nate Hamilton and is by gone it the best teacher I have ever witness in the classroom. He has a PhD in archaeology and specializes in Neolithic New England studies and New World textiles. His work has focused in Japan, Maine, Peru, and the Caribbean.

This week I have been contemplating on contacting him about my own little theory which I will elaborate on in a little more. However, after reading this post and studying the images I feel I must undoubtedly contact him now in regards to both, also in the name of the current state of consciousness itself. The world is truly starting to blossom. In the past couples weeks, it has been personally a scary trek, but I think things are going to change for me any day now.

I myself have been making plans to leave for Katahdin on a solo hike to explore some caves on the mountain, the largest in Maine and at the very end of the Appalachian trail, which my friend, just happens to end at the other end down the road from the site, and my guess stroll right through that same area. Coincidence? Bah!

My own opinion is yes some can definitely be considered erosion and yes, experts will argue that. The waterfall I would consider not to be definitive evidence (I also have a heavy focus in earth science and geology). But the surface markers to the rock faces is what truly interests me, especially the one of the actual face. The cuts seem unnatural in my opinion and truly intrigue.

However, my true interests lies in your lens flare photograph. I have been doing photography for eight years now. THAT IS NOT A LENS FLARE AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT IN MY LIFE. From the layout of the picture and in terms of physics, that is light being emitted from a single point, yet do to the prism effect that means that point is bent, ie the curvature of space itself due to you know what.

On to my story now, Katahdin has been my focus for just under a year now, and I have never hiked it, and have been trying to get up there. It caught my interest with Project Camelot actually with St. Clair talking about looking at your local mythology in terms of radiant zones. Katahdin has some ridiculous mythology in terms of white fair skinned people with bright yellow hair emerging from the caves. Several myths talk about the caves. Another myth talks about how a virgin mother gives birth to a child [whose father is supposedly the mountain itself, the spirit] who has magical powers. Many of the other tales have strange characteristics such as talking about a wise man who had crossed the great river to the east in a stone canoe.

To cut things short, I believe their is an entrance to the world beneath on Katahdin, and my intuition won't let me drop it. As a child, Jules Verne's epic novel A Journey to the Center of the Earth captivated me, along with James Gurney's Dinotopia: A World Beneath. A do not consider it coincidence. Along with the past few days, that title has popped up EVERYWHERE. My dad mentioned it in a casual conversation with my mom today, and I saw the book title by random chance online today too, with both events back to back. Anyways, someone or thing won't let me drop it. I was planning on going next week. The largest caves in the state of Maine are on this mountain, some with year round ice. Maybe I might find something else. I was thinking of inviting Nate, the archaeologist, along with me [as Nate is very fond of me, and considers me to be one of his greatest pupils he's taught, as he says, I know how to be open minded and my curiosity is my greatest tool]. He might be on a dig on the coast of Maine though, I am not sure. I will find that out tomorrow. If so, I know it was only for 3 weeks, I believe in June into the first week of July.

However, as said, the Appalachian mountains are the oldest range on the planet. You happened to find this site at one end. And possibly myself at the other. Also as mentioned by yourself, America's Stonehenge is located an hour down the road from me in NH.

Depending on what manifests, unlimited, as your were one of the few members on this board who really caught my eye initially, I would be willing to come down afterward to Georgia to see the site myself. I was planning on backpacking this whole summer with the goal of getting to Burning Man Aug 30th, however, there has been a slight delay. I did have a friend said she would give me a ride to Burning Man from Savannah in mid August so who knows.

Mmmm, do I smell beauty in the air. Namaste.
hello gregor,
i really appreciate you coming back to avalon to post here. i watched the PBS time team america shows online today, and your friend nate hamilton was mentioned on the first show (not the topper site). wow. were you already aware of that?

this PBS team has some really great technology i would really like them to stand on top of that slab to verify a chamber.

anyhow, if you decide to hike into this area, definitely look me up.

keep shining!
Old 07-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #49
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

As of now, I am leaving for Katahdin Saturday and hope to make it there by Monday morning with the goal of being there for the eclipse oooo. I'll start my own thread to share about it.

Anyways, I will forward on all of this to Nate if you want me too. I believe he will be intrigued. I love getting into conspiracy theory with him. He's a really open minded bright guy, and I've talked to him extensively about America's Stonehenge. Funny how he was mentioned in that documentary. As a side note, he did state off the record he is confident in the existence of Atlantis or some former ancient civilization that rivals all others, and that Tiahuanco (in Bolivia) is much older than dated, most likely at least 10,000 years old if not more. He was also the teacher representative for my student group Chi, or the Coalition for Holistic Intelligence.

Nice to hear from you again!
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:37 AM   #50
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
very cool cosmictexan! thanks so much for passing this on. hopefully i will be able to see the show online.

had some really great folks here initiate contact with me from this forum about the site, and i just wanted to say thank you for the research help AND the interest. linda baker passed on some info to me and somehow has disappeared. so if you are out there linda, please contact me.

more soon..............
I will forward all our emails once again. Linda
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote