Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
ChooseYourLifeNow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Dealing with the Negative People in our Survival Groups

Lately, I have been preparing for the future and I have been heavily considering the people I want to be with when the SHTF. Of course I want to be with as many like-minded individuals as I can. A core group of people who will remain positive and productive despite what happens to the world around us.

Here is my concern; I have family members who live close by, who of course, I want to include in my core group. They are open to the idea, but aren't really taking any of this as seriously as I am about the current events and the possibility of going into "survival mode". However, as far as they see it, they'll just follow my lead if the time comes where they actually need to take this seriously. I have accepted that, that is my responsibility as an awakened individual.....BUT....

What bothers me is that my brother's spouse is the most NEGATIVE individual on the planet. I have a very hard time tolerating her negativity. She is constantly the victim, she loves talking about how sick/hurt/in pain she is all the time, and she has ZERO confidence in herself. I know, when the time comes, when we are in a situation where we need to survive that she will be part of the group and I am DREADING it!

What do I do??!!!! I know I must accept her with love, and I do, because I understand why she is the way she is, but she has no desire to improve herself, and she doesn't listen to any good advice. NONE. I have very low tolerance for people who aren't proactive when it comes to their own development.

I don't want a person to poison my radiant zone....How do I handle this situation. She does not bring out the best in me, and if I had the choice I would let her fend for herself, but I can't do that....ARG....help!
ChooseYourLifeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Racsouran
Banned

Default Re: Dealing with the Negative People in our Survival Groups

accept her without love
Racsouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
ChristinCP
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racsouran View Post
accept her without love
I was gonna say, make her your best friend.
ChristinCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
ATYT
Avalon Senior Member

Thank Her . . she will bring the best out in you. she will let you know yourself better .. Compassion, Tolerance
ATYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

you will transform her with information!!! once full knowledge of what is happening is apparent and what the game is i find all fear and hate ect is banished automatically
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Well, be glad there's only 1 !

She will keep you, as the leader of the pack, sharp ...
Again: be glad there's only (and maybe at least) 1

Success buddy
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
MusicLover

In my situation...all of my family members are negative and don't take any of this seriously.I told them to stalk up and make a plan.They ignore me and laugh behind my back.(from what I have been told.)
I say don't include her and tell her why...cuz she might be yer downfall.I eventually told my family that if this is so funny then they can make their own plans cuz I am taking off without them and have my own plans.Do we really need more negativity in our lives????
Negativity breeds but positiveness will always have better odds.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #8
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

I read somewhere: Truth comes in 3 steps:

1. Ridicule
2. Opposition
3. Acceptance

So, hey, if they start fighting you then you are at least in step 2 already
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
Racsouran
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinCP View Post
I was gonna say, make her your best friend.
blah, in all cases, be diplomatic; cold but correct. If that woman ends up being seriously stupid, punish her socially
Old 10-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #10
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

She is a mirror. You may not understand this initiallly but you will, and you will count your blessings.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
ATYT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
I read somewhere: Truth comes in 3 steps:

1. Ridicule
2. Opposition
3. Acceptance

So, hey, if they start fighting you then you are at least in step 2 already
Yes i read this somewhere to.. cant remember good thing is stuck on . .but yes it typically is the way things happen
ATYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooseYourLifeNow View Post
Lately, I have been preparing for the future and I have been heavily considering the people I want to be with when the SHTF. Of course I want to be with as many like-minded individuals as I can. A core group of people who will remain positive and productive despite what happens to the world around us.

Here is my concern; I have family members who live close by, who of course, I want to include in my core group. They are open to the idea, but aren't really taking any of this as seriously as I am about the current events and the possibility of going into "survival mode". However, as far as they see it, they'll just follow my lead if the time comes where they actually need to take this seriously. I have accepted that, that is my responsibility as an awakened individual.....BUT....

What bothers me is that my brother's spouse is the most NEGATIVE individual on the planet. I have a very hard time tolerating her negativity. She is constantly the victim, she loves talking about how sick/hurt/in pain she is all the time, and she has ZERO confidence in herself. I know, when the time comes, when we are in a situation where we need to survive that she will be part of the group and I am DREADING it!

What do I do??!!!! I know I must accept her with love, and I do, because I understand why she is the way she is, but she has no desire to improve herself, and she doesn't listen to any good advice. NONE. I have very low tolerance for people who aren't proactive when it comes to their own development.

I don't want a person to poison my radiant zone....How do I handle this situation. She does not bring out the best in me, and if I had the choice I would let her fend for herself, but I can't do that....ARG....help!
If this issue bothers you this much it is because you have not really accepted her, and therefore yourself, fully. This is an issue within you, my friend. Spend some time looking into yourself and you will find the answer.

Seems to me you have some issues with your own negativity, proactivity, and your ability to take advice.

And if you are reading this and getting all defensive and thinking "I am not like that at all!", then there's your tip off.

And if you just read that and then tried to pretend like you didn't get defensive, then there's a bigger tip off.

Have fun!!
Sherab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
blah, in all cases, be diplomatic; cold but correct. If that woman ends up being seriously stupid, punish her socially
Rapscallion,
You are officially uninvited to my radiant zone...whenever I actually have one...
Sherab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #14
Racsouran
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherab View Post
Rapscallion,
You are officially uninvited to my radiant zone...whenever I actually have one...
well people need to learn to walk by themselves, and victims do the opposite. Ends up being parasitic so some little punishment it´s ok for me.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #15
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
She is a mirror. You may not understand this initiallly but you will, and you will count your blessings.
She will give you the opportunity to expand in ways you cannot see in this moment. Try no to see negativity as a roadblock - it is quite the opposite - it's a big road-sign, actually she sounds like a billboard!, which tells you exactly what you want.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #16
ChooseYourLifeNow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherab View Post
If this issue bothers you this much it is because you have not really accepted her, and therefore yourself, fully. This is an issue within you, my friend. Spend some time looking into yourself and you will find the answer.

Seems to me you have some issues with your own negativity, proactivity, and your ability to take advice.

And if you are reading this and getting all defensive and thinking "I am not like that at all!", then there's your tip off.

And if you just read that and then tried to pretend like you didn't get defensive, then there's a bigger tip off.

Have fun!!
Well, it doesn't sound like I have an option with this one...

Honestly, I have thought about these things in regard to myself. I have considered the fact that she is certainly a test in my life to challenge my ability to accept others (because she is exactly someone I avoid).

Since I have "awakened" I have been sharply observant of how others affect me. I know I need to be more patient with others opinions, I know that everyone is just doing the best they can. I know that ultimately it is an improvement I need to make within myself, and it will make me better because of it. I'm just venting...
ChooseYourLifeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #17
zuni

Quote:
well people need to learn to walk by themselves, and victims do the opposite. Ends up being parasitic so some little punishment it´s ok for me.
yes explain there are no victums.....so please do pretend to be one in your presents.....allways tell the truth to people about your fellings.......be true to yourself brother......the lady ....how ever she recieves your message is her choice......maybe it´s a lesson for you to state your true feelings.....oh and better sooner then later......you don´t need to tell her this when your at the end of your rope with her.....as a matter of fact giver her the truth the next time you see her and you´ll both feel better.....you´ve gott repect honesty.....
Old 10-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #18
ChristinCP
Avalon Senior Member

Whenever you feel strong opposition toward someone, it usually means that there is more there. Typically, that the things that annoy you about her, are actually indicative of the parts of yourself that you are unhappy with. Don't be mean, unless she is rude. She may not like you much either. Once you get past the anger/passion, she could very well be your best friend. It looks like a confrontation is needed between the two of you, and that doesn't need to be a bad thing. Healthy confrontation can bring people closer. Don't be afraid to have words.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #19
ChristinCP
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You sound like a real nice guy, and I'm sure you've had many fulfilling relationships with women with that kind of attitude. Looks like someone was hurt big time by a woman.

Cold but correct, punish her socially...I've known people like you and they always end up having mommy issues and low self esteem
Old 10-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #20
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

To the OP. Personal Responsibility. Remember you are not responsible for others then you only. The practice/use of the Universal Laws will help if you Allow it to happen.

If you trap yourself with the Responsibility to save her, you will attract victim consciousness in your experience. I believe you already did plant a seed, but it might have felt into dry land.

Enfeel/envision an actual experience of being exclusively with Responsible people awakened to their true purpose.

Ultimately, you will have to make a choice, like all of us. If she is still a victim in a very near future, you will have to draw a line.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #21
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Whatever you wish for that person will come back to you 3x fold. You are looking at yourself in the mirror. Do not judge, visualize what you want the person to think about or feel. You can control her conciousness at least as she relates to you, only if you care enough for that person to try to emphatize with her. In other words why does she feels the way she feels, walk a mile in her shoes. In life at least from my experience from a soldiers viewpoint often your enemies once you drop your guard and are able to forgive, love and embrace will become the best of friends. Look at the things that you share in common. Watch the UFC these guys beat each other to a pulp yet at the end of the fight embrace and hug each other, that believe me is genuine. Vietnam vets visiting Vietnam and embracing the enemy 30 to 40 yrs after the event. Forgive, love and embrace
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 AM   #22
Night Star
Avalon Senior Member

Some people are stronger emotionally than others. Perhaps your sister-inlaw suffers from depression and anxiety and doesn't even realize it. We are all unique individuals who deserve compassion and understanding. Please try to be kind. People arn't negative for no good reason. There is a reason. Try talking to her and see what happens. Good luck. I hope all turns out well for you.
Night Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:29 AM   #23
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

ChooseyourlifeNow - I'm inclined to agree with Steven. My experience thus far has been one of frustration in trying to wake up certain people. I've decided that my job is not to convince them of anything. I've presented them with the information, endured the ridicule (like you) and blessed and released them. Attachment is a tough one, but only if you consider the death of the physical vehicle to be one of finality. Not everyone is going to make it. Period. Some people won't get it. Others will get it too late. Others will likely go mad from the vibrational jolt that's on the horizon. I've had to make peace with leaving friends and family behind that refuse to see the truth. I'm alright with it.
There was a bit of a struggle in being alright with it - like, what kind of pathological sicko just turns his back on his own family? Well, the kind that's looking out for those who will listen, for those that will see the truth. Let those who have ears listen. The rest is none of your concern.
Your core is only as strong as its' weakest link. One piece of bad fruit can spoil the whole lot. Learn from nature and know that nothing is final, only transitional.
Peace and light.
recallone
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #24
Shellie
Banned

I agree that your sister-in-law probably suffers from self esteem and anxiety issues.

If she is clueless as to what is really going on, then this will get MUCH worse in the short-term. If/when that happens you need to accept her and take care of her, but make it clear that if her behavior and attitude is dragging everyone else down to the point of being a danger to the group, she may be cut off.

Now, what you can do to help prevent that is to giver her a job. Just give her one or two very easy and manageable jobs and make sure that she is the only one to do it- no one else. This can help her self-esteem, make her feel valuable to the group, and make her a little more active/responsible for herself and less of a "victim".
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:46 AM   #25
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

I figure you just gotta be resolute, like: Survivors come with me and do what I say, everybody else can do otherwise.
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote