Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
TtC
Avalon Senior Member

Default I Have a Question

Being the new member I am, I have noticed there is a lot of talk in general, and talk is cheap.

He is the question:

Why is there so much fear mongering here?

You can take this to be rhetorical or not, but it is something to ponder.
TtC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: I Have a Question

There is no need to fear anything.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

I have not come across much "fear mongering" here. I guess its the way you look at things ona personal level. I feel there is allot more Love here than fear.

Namaste, Jia
LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

i can see how much here could be interpreted as fear mongering, but this is a place to discuss some scary stuff. you need to be careful to sift the wheat from the chaff, but there is much to learn here.
this is a time of great change in our world. the facade of world economics is crumbling, the rich and powerful are doing horrible things for more money and more power. there are many here that feel that great spiritual change is coming too. i don't know about that, but i do know that there are things happening that i wish to keep abreast of.
there is truth here (and some drivel too).
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
EpiphaMe

The thread started reminds me too, to keep an eye on my perception. Information is always good, however, it can lead to 'overwhelm' .. we all get caught up into overload.. and then perhaps attribute this to "fearmongering'...

It really is a 'tool' ... the ability to notice how it is that you perceive whatever it is that you respond to, don't feel like the lone ranger this FEAR thing...

you have the capacity to recognize your own reaction to information.... you are quite capable of remembering that Information is NOT fear.

Stick with it...welcome!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtC View Post
I think there are three kinds of "fear mongering", one is really bad, the others less destructive:

1) The really bad one is the sensationalist, and over hyped stories exaggerating pain and suffering in the world, designed to provoke a sense of being overwhelmed and ultimately a disposition of victim hood and compliance in the masses. This kind of propaganda is one of the tools of the dark forces who are loosing their grip on us (too slowly!).

2) The next, but slightly less worse is endless speculation about the future and what may or may not happen. What will come will come folks! Everything is pretty much written in stone for the next few years because our window of opportunity to avoid this situation closed a while back.

3) The lesser is the compulsive obsession with bad news - regrettably no matter from which perspective you look, it is undeniable that there is a lot of challenges facing humanity and associated suffering, in many cases mortal suffering. This is what Ram Dass has called "fierce grace". Bad news is a fact of the way our world is right now.

Many in the human race incarnated at this time are going through rapidly increasing levels of conscious awareness. Many are having trouble with their transpersonal experiences. We are currently imbalanced as a race and many are so unprepared to process the fierce realities of the metaphysical forces that are playing on us and our planet in the equalizing process which themselves are increasing in pace in the convergence process which is going on.

There is a need to share to talk and communicate. It would be so much easier if each of us could exist in our own little support groups of like minded individuals, all on roughly the same consciousness levels that we could talk to and collectively process our karmic situations, but the world, for the majority has been deliberately organized to thwart this. However, there are still forums like this one. The members are people - some of whom who are still bewildered, hurt and either directly or vicariously suffering along with the rest of humanity.

Once one person starts to become aware of the truth and the horror embedded in the illusion and the reality that much of this, while being our own faults was catalysed by malignant forces over which we seemingly have no control, it is natural for them to want to reach out and help those around them and "wake people up".

Forums like this are magnets for a wide spectrum of people who are all going through this search at one level or another, and that is why, in my opinion, you are seeing a lot of bad news reported on forums like this, but it is simply a manifestation of the hurt and the pain that the majority of us feel.

If I tell you that the global economy as we know it is done for, and that the coming hardships, famine, extremes of weather, and in the longer term accelerated climate change rising sea levels and geological changes on the surface of the earth itself, does it qualify as fear mongering? I certainly don't want people to fear this, even though I personally believe it to be true. However I can’t prove it, so to many it will appear speculative. Hypothetically if I had a track record of reliably calling such matters, my words my carry greater weight and have increased potential to cause fear. It is still your job to work that out for yourself.

The antidotes to the fear mongering as categorized earlier in this post seem to me something like this

1) Evil fear mongering - Ignore it because this fear plays at all levels of your existence and drains you of vitality. This kind of fear mongering has no value except to the dark elite who are still trying to pervert the course of our evolution to their own ends.

2) Speculative fear mongering - Be here now, try not to speculate. Fear of the unknown can be countered by gaining knowledge, so if this fear mongering has any value, it is that it catalyses people to wake up, do research, learn and remove the “unknown” from the equation thus, in the end, defeating fear.

3) Bad news – in my opinion not really fear-mongering – Simply see this for what it is – the signs of the times. No more no less. It is wise to be informed and sense the currents, so one can, in conjunction with learning to listen within, be guided appropriately.

Finally, when reading anything on this forum, including this post, or any so called “fear mongering” test it in your heart, use your powers of discrimination, exercise your freewill and human right to reject that which is not of use to you and thus remain free from fear.

Thanks for asking the question and getting me to write my thoughts.

In the love and in the light of the one infinite creator, may you all be blessed, guided and protected on your path.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 02-24-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #7
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Ttc and welcome to the site.

I do agree with you but sometimes more information is gleaned from a better story then a quick chat, so too speak. Personnaly, i think you should look through the threads and make your own mind up as to what you believe could be real and what you believe could not.

I am sensitive to paranormal but not sensitive to what some of these guys and gals talk about, whoosh and its over my head.

Its all down to personal judgement im afraid mate.

Ammit
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Great post, Anchor.

I have been guilty lately of labeling things as fearmongering but at the same time, I just reject them as some of those things I see as useless to the bigger picture.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

My antidote for fear mongering....
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #10
TtC
Avalon Senior Member

It was a rhetorical question, by the way. I know exactly why there is so much. It seems people are more willing to complain and focus on that which they do not want than a better future of what they do.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: I Have a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
My antidote for fear mongering....
pass it on down the line dan!
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #12
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The thread started reminds me too, to keep an eye on my perception. Information is always good, however, it can lead to 'overwhelm' .. we all get caught up into overload.. and then perhaps attribute this to "fearmongering'...

It really is a 'tool' ... the ability to notice how it is that you perceive whatever it is that you respond to, don't feel like the lone ranger this FEAR thing...

you have the capacity to recognize your own reaction to information.... you are quite capable of remembering that Information is NOT fear.

Stick with it...welcome!
That about sums it up. I think we all have more fear capacity stored up than we want to admit. I had come over it all in the last months mainly just to wake up last night from a dream so disturbing I won't even remember the moment I felt the lurking.

Well, it's on another thread but, I think the Dubai one, that Mu pointed out quite elegantly that what EpiphaMe said here.

Transmuting the fear baby!
On the recent "Hacking the Genetic Mind" (an excellent thread) posts you will also find an excerpt of David Icke describing self-propagating fear that I found very enlightening.

Quote:
Thanks for asking the question and getting me to write my thoughts.
Yeah!
THAT'S What language is for baby!
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:51 AM   #13
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

What's to fear anyway, I don't get it. If you don't know how to hunt and fish and grow a garden and make a shelter by now, you better start learning. There's no such thing as fear mongering in my book, just another thing to laugh at in my view of things.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #14
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
It was a rhetorical question, by the way. I know exactly why there is so much. It seems people are more willing to complain and focus on that which they do not want than a better future of what they do.
welcome aboard ttc ...

"complaining and focusing on that which they do not want than a better future of what they do" i believe is part in parcel of awakening ... it is the process ... fear mongering isn't right but it acts as a tool pushing us deeper to our truth ... all about perception ... the greater our own truth ... the less we perceive what we read is fear mongering ...

it is about sifting through information ... information which triggers remembering ... and this is to be respected as we are individuals seeking our own truth and then aligning to creating the better future ... collectively ...

i too would like nothing more than to press the fast forward button and we all suddenly end up in a better world ...

but it doesn't work that way ... there is no button and it is up to each one of us individually to come to our truth ... sifting through what we perceive as fear mongering and the like ...

mostly my feel for this forum ttc is a positive one ... feel the forward movement of all individually as well as collectively ...

we're all different ... we'll get there ... this is a process of which patience and respect is to be allowed for ...

fear mongering ... all depends on how we view it ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #15
TtC
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post

fear mongering ... all depends on how we view it ...

[/COLOR]
And by the same token, truth, like everything else, is subjective. It all depend on the point of view.

The rhetorical nature of the question also poses a pitfall not to get stuck in the overload and absolute continuous research. There are some who get there and never get out.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:34 AM   #16
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
And by the same token, truth, like everything else, is subjective. It all depend on the point of view.

The rhetorical nature of the question also poses a pitfall not to get stuck in the overload and absolute continuous research. There are some who get there and never get out.
... the information abyss ...

very very scary ...

kind of like how ingrained we have been within this illusion ...

we all got there and most WILL find their way out ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:56 AM   #17
TtC
Avalon Senior Member

It is sad that most people only get out when they leave this physical reality.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #18
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

What you get on these forums now is a pretty sharply defined finger print of where the consciousness of the new age community is at right now. With the rate with which things are changing, the content will more than likely get less fear based and more intelectual and spiritual as time goes on.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:32 AM   #19
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

FEAR is the tool of the 'bad guys'. If anything you read scares you, try to stand back (so to speak), and analyze the content of what you read. Pick out the words that affected you, or the images they brought to mind, and try to find a common denominator. Was it physical pain, or death, or both?

There are a variety of medications that can be taken to alleviate physical pain. So it is a waste of energy to suffer fear of physical pain.

Death is a different story. Death is not something to fear. It is this fear that is the main tool of the bad guys.

Death is nothing more than a transition to a higher level of vibration. The level where we will live in peace and harmony for as long as we choose.

The bad guys get their kicks from our fear. The more of us who come to realize that death is not to be feared, the more the bad guys pump up the pressure by painting more frightening pictures. You can sense that this is what is happening among the vulnerable ones of us today.

As I've suggested in previous postings on several threads, anybody afraid of dying should download for FREE, Dolores Cannon's book, Between Death and Life, from Avalon Library at . . . .http://projectavalon.net/joomla/

Just scroll down the page until you reach channelled works on the right hand side. It should be the first entry.

Love and peace to all.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:41 AM   #20
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
What you get on these forums now is a pretty sharply defined finger print of where the consciousness of the new age community is at right now. With the rate with which things are changing, the content will more than likely get less fear based and more intelectual and spiritual as time goes on.
I second that and think that the content and tone of many of the interactions and postings of this new community as it gets to know itself have been and are regularly of a very high quality and vibe. I feel a lot of love and humor here while discussing cogently some pretty weighty and scary things. If anything, I am often brought around by the responses of the folks here to what might, without a place to be stimulated to take a broader or altogether different view of a given topic, simply inspire fear. I see the forum as, among other things, a place to monger the morsels of fear and spit out something else.
cantaloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #21
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Being the new member I am, I have noticed there is a lot of talk in general, and talk is cheap.

He is the question:

You can take this to be rhetorical or not, but it is something to ponder.
Even if we talk about fear, we do not fear. We're passed that.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #22
lawlessline

Quote:

It is impossible to take a photograph of the world. You must take a minimum of 4 photos, even then the view of the world is limited to distant phots. Only through a multiple view collection can we get a real view of what the world is. Fear Mungering is only one view point. It must be considered if each individual is to make and educated judgement of who, where and when they should be.

I will say there is also alot of love, help and understanding here.

Truth is as permenant ans the traces of a wave on a beach. It only holds true until the next wave defines the truth of the viewer. If we know the shapes formed on the sand is only temporary, then like the fear, it only holds the viewers interest for a moment in time. If a person gets to the investigation stage and understands that there is something bigger going on, it will be impossible for that person to get stuck in the hole of fear mungering. Lifes path will always bring them around to the future view of what they should be, when, where and how in this life.

Just keeping on your toes is a good thing ?????

Last edited by lawlessline; 02-24-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #23
mulder

I don't think theres much fear-mongering here. I choose not to read any fearful post.
The biggest problem is people telling lies & competing for leadership. This is causing alot of confusion. For example, if I stop my car and someone hits me from behind, in court they can debate me endlessly and say I reversed into them, that they are innocient, etc. The judge wouldn't know who to believe.
Clearly, people telling lies and endlessly picking the truth to pieces will cause confusion and will lead avaloners to the wrong paths.
I just read a thread arguing if people should buy gold, (even though the price of gold shoots up and up). E.g. if you had 100,000 dollars in 1913 and 100,000 in gold the 100,000 in paper dollars would buy what 4800.00 buys today.. the 100,000 in gold would buy 4,690,000 today.... that is a fact.. (source http://www.dailypaul.com/node/82715). Why waste time arguing about such a sure thing (just like the US congress arguing for a year if they are in recession or not). So please put our energy into constructive things.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #24
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: I Have a Question

The only fear is the fear from within not from the out side with your 5 senses!
Do people still don't get it!!!.What you read is just the text of illusion around you.

In other words if a person is fearless then he/her reads no fear!!

If you stop reading that what is fear mongering then put your head in the sand and you won't see it coming!!!!!
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #25
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

We have all had experiences in one way or another on this site, some have been harrowing while others have found their spirituality, each and everyone of us have been shown others encounters into a wonderful mash of lifes moments.
I don't feel there is fear mongering on this forum it's the way one perceives that information.
However perhaps those who feel the fear mongering too negative for them may simply look away and read material which is much suited.
The best thing about Avalon is the diverse amount of news that comes through i have seldom seen anything else like this on any other site.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote