Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #26
happyhollergal

Default Re: What's going on in media

Normally, I'm a peace loving person, but in the case of Pelosi, I hope she sheds many tears. I don't wish anything physically harmful to happen to her, but she and all the others that have been up to no good in DC do need to be very afraid of losing their positions of power, and being exposed to the masses for what they've done. Pelosi is an actress, but the people have started to realize that. After the nearly 2 million folks showed up last Saturday, I think it spoke loudly and clearly that ordinary citizens are really fed up with the way the country has been run, and they're ready to take their country back by kicking them all out of office and starting over, with Constitution abiding new faces. Pelosi also happens to be one of the main reasons that Ron Paul's Audit The Fed bill has taken this long for them to decide on a hearing date to begin. She wanted no part of it, but I do believe she's starting to see that her days are numbered.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:28 AM   #27
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

To begin with the topic;
I stopped participating.
We stopped watching "regular TV" in about 1987. Never looked back. We are avid movie watcher, but very rarely see commercials.

Stopped watching the news in late 2001. I feel truly sorry for anyone who still gets their information from a network. Instead I get my news from reading. I read 4-6 hours a day. Two benefits:
1. You get a fairly well developed "BS-meter" for the written word, that way.
2. You don't have to sit through ****, then commercials, just to find out if the next story is also ****. Sure shortens your day!

Race;
Because of how I grew up I've become a "rabid egalitarian". (more later, perhaps) There is no doubt that people of all color keep the race issue alive for personal, and political gain. They make forgiveness very difficult.

One of the most intelligent thinks I ever hear on the matter is about 15 years old, and I cannot remember the source:

"The question of race, in this country, would benefit most by a 20 year period of benign neglect."

If thats too lofty, think of what mom told ya:
"Don't pick it! It'll NEVER heal!"

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #28
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

I think this particular issue goes worldwide, at least in western countries.
We have it right here, in Norway, maybe even worse than many other places.

I don't know if some or all of you read or heard about the incident in Congo, with two norwegians being sentenced to death by the military court down there. The trial was an absolute farse, a comedy. No real evidence, outrageous claims and even accusations directly towards Norway for sending spies to Congo.

What have our foreign affairs office done in this case? Nothing...
Nothing at all...

Are they guilty? Hard to tell, cause no one can really come up with anything solid to say either this or that. They are just guilty, I suspect even if proven otherwise. The Norwegian government refused to step in and take action, we have no right they say. Well ok, I can support that...IF...that was the general standard. It's not, not in a million years.

"We" care so much about foreign individuals and their human rights, that "we" refuse to deliver KNOWN terrorists and murderers back to their own countries government officials. "We" hide behind human rights, "we" can't deliver them until "we" get an absolute proof that they will not be tortured or killed. We intervene with other nations trials, to spare the life and decency of cold blooded killers.

Our own kind, you ask? Nah, Congo is probably right in their claims. We can't question them, after all they are a poor people and they are African. How could we ever bring sanctions upon them, who we give millions or billions in aid, for not giving our boys a fair trial and decent treatment. No no, we just beg on our knees that they don't kill them and happily kiss the dirt in front of their feet for being so kind.

I'm no racist, not at all. I love diversity, we need diversity.
I completely despise the trickery and lies that decieve so many to believe we are so different. The ones that tell us that what our ancestors did is up to us to repay. It doesn't work like that. If it did, shouldn't everyone be in jail?
Can a single family ancestry with a hand on their heart and sworn truth say that NO ONE in their family ever did anything wrong?

I don't think so...the chapter of our lives that sadly enough contain harsh stories of slavery and murder against the "blacks", the "yellow" or the "red", it is not our burden to carry. We shall learn, not re-live!

It's going on as we speak, right here, over there.
I hope we learn to unite, I'll concentrate on this for everyone that still don't see.
lucrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't seen any bigots on this forum. I want to say that just because someone raises a topic that does not mean the person is struggling with it. I bring things up that I see in society to discuss them with those I enjoy hearing from.

As for the Obama situation, I do find it rather interesting that he is half white and half black and yet he is portrayed as a black president. I imagine if he were half latino and half black that he would have a harder time just claiming to be black.

I wonder will he be targeted to fan race war flames. I am just noticing things in the media, and it appears they are trying to cause trouble between the races.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote