Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 AM   #76
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Calling All Stations

Quote:
And why the apparent belief that people should post whatever they are doing here for all to see?
I wouldn't want to force anybody for sure... I just think that it might add a little bit of the good ol' positive vibe. Surely the seeds are planted and they are growing, but what's the pleasure of a plant when you can't see it blooming?
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:34 AM   #77
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Bravo.

People here are mainly just too lazy or dont want to face the reality. Everyone here is faced with a perfect opportunity to come together and do something constructive yet sniff at the opportunity and instead use the board as a chat central. This isnt directed at anyone specifically and its not to be taken personally, i know a lot of cool people here.

Any time a post comes up with the intent of making some waves people either ignore it or confront it with such scepticism that the poster just becomes disuaded. Im taking my efforts into the real world where ive already had unforseen success in this area. Until the people get their fingers out this board is just a complete waste of time and energy with the way things are going.
I wouldn't agree completely with your first statement Jack. Granted i'm sure there are some people that are too lazy, but not all of us as you say. As I have said before many of us are separated by huge distances so "coming together" is not often as easy as it seems.

There are also a great deal, like myself, who would love to be able to do more, but can't. My job works me 50 hours a week, and unfortunately that is a necessity, as I have bills and school loans that need to get paid. Especially with the economic crisis being as bad as it is it's risky to leave a job because you may not be able to find another one. The little free time I do have is spent in meditation, checking here or other sites for updates and info, working on some projects of my own, and trying to sort out life.

As far as your second statement concerning your project, I will be the first to admit I viewed it harshly and even attacked you a bit, and I apologize. It was just the way it was worded at first it seemed like so many things I have seen before that had negative outcomes. There are many who have expressed a genuine interest and are anticipating some info. As many have stated we are getting down to the wire and don't have the luxury of waiting till someone decides we are ready. If someone is, they are. If they aren't, they will be left in the dust.

We all talk about having unending understanding and love for one another, but it seems as of late we all spend more time attacking and criticizing each other instead of have constructive discussions that lead to proven ways to solve issues in the real world and better our lives. I know that many of us are frustrated with our lives, governments, families, friends, strangers, and anything else you can think of but now more than ever we must all remain vigilant and determined to do what we can no matter how little it is.

Perry Stoltzfus
AKA: Lorien
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #78
Soulmate7
Banned

Quote:
Bravo.

People here are mainly just too lazy or dont want to face the reality. Everyone here is faced with a perfect opportunity to come together and do something constructive yet sniff at the opportunity and instead use the board as a chat central. This isnt directed at anyone specifically and its not to be taken personally, i know a lot of cool people here.

Any time a post comes up with the intent of making some waves people either ignore it or confront it with such scepticism that the poster just becomes disuaded. Im taking my efforts into the real world where ive already had unforseen success in this area. Until the people get their fingers out this board is just a complete waste of time and energy with the way things are going.
Jack, I'm gonna need you for a little project but one of the conditions is that you become a little more positive.

Quote:
pm me and i'll put your name down
I hope I am on that list as I am genuinely interested.

I was also surprised by the many negative reactions. There are literally 1000's of ways to make money online without being involved in a ponzi scheme. I guess unexperience is why such conclusions are made.
Soulmate7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #79
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Bravo.

I don't like your attitude here. There's no need for smugness and labeling people as "lazy" when you don't really know what's going on in their lives or where they've progressed in their level of consciousness.

In fact, let's not judge each other like this. There's no room for it.

Also, you've failed to realize that people ARE coming together on a forum where they otherwise would have not met each other. Does it mean that they're lazy? Absolutely not.

I'm sure that most of us have our own plans because what might work for you, may not work for someone else. We have to take this in mind.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote