Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
fr66ajc
Avalon Senior Member

Default Bible Related Psychic Attack???

I have only ever told this to one person and never sought opinion from someone 'in the know'. It is related to a rather traumatic period of my life and something I have kept to myself for personal reasons, yet with all the trouble related to Abraxasina and psychic attacks, I thought I'd tell my story and see what people thought.

About eight to ten years ago I was in a spiritual mess. I had found Wicca... drifted away from it... found Ceremonial Magick... drifted in and out of it... found this, found that... got bored and then decided to start researching the beginnings of religion and spirituality... Egyptian, Jewish, Babylonian etc.

I will admit I was mentally vulnerable but had decided that if I were to understand where Christians were coming from I had better read the Bible. I had no desire to become Christian and no leanings that way at all but figured it was necessary to get a grasp on it's affects on history and today's society. So read it I did...

One morning after a few weeks going through the Old Testament and probably half way through the New, I awoke to a painfully powerful sense of dread. I have been scared and frightened over different things in my time but this was in a whole different league. Absolute dread... and the one thing that dread was telling me was that the Bible was absolutely true, no error and the written word of God.(!?!)

I was terrified... I stumbled around for three days (symbolic?) with the knowledge that something was with me, watching every move and thought I made, waiting for me to get down and worship it.

Sure enough the effect was enough for me to search out different Church's and try to find the denomination I should join to get it right.

As I said, the sense of a presence being with me lasted three days but I considered myself Christian for about 8 months before I realised no Church was right for me and that Christianity had too many holes in it for it to be right (for me).

Whilst I fully respect anyone who considers Christ to be their saviour, I know that path never has been, and never will be mine (I know... never say never)

My questions are:

Does this sound like a psychic attack?

Has anyone every heard of anything quite like this.. ie. Bible related, because the idea of an entity invoking such horror to get me to follow the Bible just doesn't sound right if the Bible is 'good'. I would expect the loving embrace of Christ if anything... and that definitely wasn't there...

I never experienced anything like it before or since but it is one helluva weird chapter and would value any thoughts on it.

Many thanks

93 93/93
fr66ajc is offline   Reply With Quote