Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 11-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default update on Gary McKinnons long awaited freedom or maybe not now!

An affront to British justice: Gary McKinnon could be in a U.S. jail before Christmas
By MICHAEL SEAMARK and JAMES SLACK
Last updated at 11:06 PM on 27th November 2009

Appeal: Janis Sharp, pictured here with son Gary, fears he will be in a U.S. jail by Christmas
Gary McKinnon's heartbroken family fear he could be behind bars in the United States by Christmas after Alan Johnson's 'barbaric' decision not to halt his extradition.
The Home Secretary faced widespread condemnation yesterday for ignoring overwhelming medical evidence that the computer hacker is highly likely to kill himself if sent to America.
A devastating psychiatric report said suicide was an 'almost certain inevitability' if the 43-year-old Asperger's sufferer was extradited to the U.S., where he faces up to 60 years in jail for hacking into military computers searching for reports of UFO sightings.
But Mr Johnson rejected the lastditch appeal by Gary's lawyers, leaving his mother Janis Sharp, who has fought a tireless campaign – backed by the Daily Mail – to have her son tried in the UK, in despair.
She said: 'This is a cruel and miserable decision. If the severity of Gary's mental condition isn't sufficient to prevent his extradition, I can't imagine what is. God help others facing a similar fate. Alan Johnson and this Government should hang their heads in shame to force a peaceful, vulnerable, misguided UFO fanatic like Gary thousands of miles away from his much needed support network.
'Who exactly is our Government's loyalty to? Certainly not its own citizens.
'We have seven days to seek a judicial review of this awful decision, or an intervention from the European Court of Human Rights.
'If not, Gary could be extradited before Christmas.'
Gary's lawyer, Karen Todner, said: 'It's a devastating blow and we are certainly coming to the end of the road.
'We're just hoping that someone sees sense and steps in.
Enlarge
Gary McKinnon graphic
'All the legal team do know is we cannot give up because in some ways it's like dealing with a Death Row case. We genuinely believe that Gary's life is at stake.'
Last night it emerged that Mr Johnson had also refused a separate request to postpone Gary's extradition for four to six months so he could receive medical treatment.
Mr Johnson said only that, if Gary's condition deteriorated further, 'there are suitable protections available within the United Kingdom – including in-patient treatment and the power to detain compulsorily if necessary'.
Conservative justice spokesman David Burrowes said: 'Alan Johnson has washed his hands of Gary.'
Downing Street was also under fire over the timing of the announcement that the Government was cutting Gary adrift.
Letters were emailed to Gary's lawyers and mother only after Gordon Brown was in the air on his way to a Commonwealth summit in Trinidad and Tobago, where he could not easily be held to account.
Liberal Democrat spokesman Chris Huhne said: 'It should be a source of shame to Gordon Brown that his Government waited until he had left the country before running outrageous risks with a man's life.
'This Government has appalling priorities when it values unfair and unequal extradition arrangements with another country over the vulnerable life of one of our own citizens.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0YAoABFGu
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
NicholaQuinn
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: update on Gary McKinnons long awaited freedom or maybe not now!

This case is tragic if you ask me, I feel so sorry for Gary. Pretty obvious he is just going to made an example out of. If anything they should be thanking him for pointing out how accessible there computer systems are.
NicholaQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholaQuinn View Post
This case is tragic if you ask me, I feel so sorry for Gary. Pretty obvious he is just going to made an example out of. If anything they should be thanking him for pointing out how accessible there computer systems are.
This is a game they play with us. Its been done before. First they threaten extradition, then apply it. The press of course is all over it, doing their part to expose this criminal to the world & make it very clear to all, that if you try this, then this is what will happen to you. After they have sufficiently warned the public, & the family have exhausted all the funds & options in appeals, they then "very graciously" grant the family their wish, all done out of the kindness of their big hearts. This freedom is usually granted at the 9th hour.....in this case, just before he is to board the plane. oh how they play up the drama.

I pray for his full release, because he is a hero in my books.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Did anyone notice the date on that paper! The daily mail 27th november!
Now something that hit me like a sledge hammer when i saw that on that day was disclosure!
I laughed because i saw the synchronicity of it, we were waiting for the Obama disclosure on ET's what do we get Gary and his sad news regarding the whole issue of alien life/ufo's and free energy!

I think Gary is no threat and the way he found it so easy to hack into these computers just makes those look really inadequate this is what the problem is, do they really think by putting this guy away for 60 years it would make an example of him and to others!
No of course not, it just makes me sad when i hear this was all about terrorism especially when we know TPTB had a hand in the initial reason why they took Gary's hacking seriously and so soon after the 9/11 incident.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Jacqui, I think alot of us are going to become really uptight if Gary is extradited. I for one will become more proactive and try to do all I can in my neck of the woods.
So much has been disclosed since Gary hacked into the Pentagon computers. His case is pretty much deja-vu!
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote