Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
vril
Avalon Senior Member

Default Just saw Avatar

One of the best films I have seen in ages.
Highly recommend seeing it in 3D if you can afford it.
The special effects are mind blowing, never seen anything quite like it.
Didn't mind the story either.

Cant seem to reply to threads atm?
So im going to reply here just once.

The story is fairly predictable. It was better than I expected though.
I have to admit I'm more interested in the FX when I see a film like this.
If you enjoy great special effects it worth checking out on the big screen.
It's better than 2012, though that's not saying much I guess
vril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Soulcrafter
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Just saw Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vril View Post

One of the best films I have seen in ages.
Highly recommend seeing it in 3D if you can afford it.
The special effects are mind blowing, never seen anything quite like it.
Didn't mind the story either.
Same as the 2012 flick ? Nice Fx but BLX story? Not worth watching it seems.
Soulcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Pennelp
Avalon Senior Member

Hi new member here.

Yes I saw AVATAR in 3D...it was an absolutele sublime masterpiece. yes the special effects are they best I have ever seen.Nothing compares .I especially luved the msg the film conveyed.(alot could apply to the atrocities taking place here on Earth)..recommend everyone see it....my new fav #1

2012 sucked A**..
Pennelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Bilko
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks guys,
i was in 2 minds whether to shell out and go and see it so i think i'll give it a go now.
Bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

hey folks,

im native and i dont go to see too many movies....

but i am considering taking my daughter to see this movie because of the dynamic between oppressors and indigenous culture.

i would ****** off to no end if i took her and it turned out to be another dances with wolves type ******** where the oppressors win out and "oh the poor natives have to go off hiding" or whatever.

please tell that the blue people win.

i dont mind spoilers so if you could PM me thatd be swell.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
vril
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
hey folks,

but i am considering taking my daughter to see this movie because of the dynamic between oppressors and indigenous culture.

i would ****** off to no end if i took her and it turned out to be another dances with wolves type ******** where the oppressors win out and "oh the poor natives have to go off hiding" or whatever.

Spoiler alert here folks

Hey Thunderbird I can't figure out how to pm you so I shall just give you a hint.
If your daughter is old enough to deal with a bit of violence, it's not gory or anything but death is not glossed over.
I would take her to see it.
The portrayal of an aboriginal culture in harmony with their planet is treated with what I believe to be a fair amount of respect.
They are not push over's by any means though, so don't expect to be disappointed in that regard. They are warriors indeed!!!
vril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #7
whiterose
Avalon Senior Member

We saw Avatar tonight in 2D, and it was visually stunning, so I would think 3D would be even more so.

I found it very moving, and in some ways it made me ashamed to be human. If that's how humans are seen in the rest of the galaxy, I wouldn't be surprised if the aliens shot down anything that left Earth's atmosphere!
whiterose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

I just got back from seeing it, and I can honestly say it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. The special effects are absolutely stunning.

It filled me with both love, and sadness. Love for the native peoples who live in perfect harmony with their world. And sadness because I envision a greed filled corporation doing the same things to a native species.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Just thought I would bump this along as my thoughts were exactly the same as described in this article...

The film was awesome by the way.

"I can't help but suspect that Anastasia or her consciousness had a hand in the making of Avatar the movie. which is the most expensive film ever made at $230 million dollars.

In a world called Pandora, populated by gigantic blue people who live in close harmony with their environment the humans show up & attempt to desecrate the environment, kill the indigenous peoples, & steal the minerals while all along calling the people they are killing & displacing savages. Where have we heard this story before? How many times has this same story played out here on Earth with various gov't military involved?

I noticed a week before Avatar opened there was a message that came over the AP news wire suggesting that although the special effects were great that the story line was poor. This message appeared day after day until opening. It's obvious to me that it was the dark forces that were attempting to steer people away from one of the greatest movies ever made. The story line is obviously a parallel to how the worlds military has been used by the dark forces & not something they want people to understand, thus they are scared people will learn about this through this movie.

Also, it's apparent that these blue forest people are highly intelligent, spiritually connected, & their environment is gorgeous, which is a whole other aspect to this movie that the dark forces wouldn't want people to understand. It might cause people to attempt to go back to nature to find happiness. These are radical ideas that could lead to the technocratic world losing some of their slaves.
lol :-)

"Anastasia" is the first book in the Ringing Cedar Series. It's based on a real life forest dweller in Siberia that has all kinds of special human abilities by our standards of understanding of what a human is capable of."

M Hazelwood.

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Spregovori

Have not seen it yet (waiting for it to become khm accessible)

but I saw the trailer and have only one thing to say:

another movie from the twisted human minds...and yet it is more real than most people think...look in the mirror human animal....see yourself
Old 12-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

OMG .. that movie was totally mind blowing.. I am still in shock hours after having seen it from the floods of energies released through that visually perfected piece of art.

This is not even a movie , it has the history , present and future of humanity all packed into a 2 and half hours.

What Matrix did to change consciousness 10 years ago .. Avatar is doing it right now... on a bigger and deeper scale. Only years later, just as with the Matrix.. people will start to compare the details and draw all the parallels with our situation.

This movie should be mandatory viewing .. no exceptions allowed... so so relevant to the current state of humanity.

That you should see it in 3D goes without saying.. save money , drive for 200 km if you have to .. doesn't matter.. its a huge energy upgrade to your consciousness.

Only 2 movies have touched me so deeply before this one... just amazing stuff like this is getting mainstream.. the results will be earthshattering after so many people's subconsious levels are exposed to this (again same as with the Matrix)

I *knew* I just had to see it as soon as possible when I saw the trailer and saw few details that were a dead giveaway this movie was working on a very high level. That it was dubbed in Czech language made me annoyed and I was not going to see it.. but then .. I felt I should bite the bullet language concerned and still go ... and it was well well worth it. I might just as well see it for a second time.
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

I just watched it this morning at a local IMAX. Overall, I thought it sent a very positive message to an audience that needs to receive it. The story was quite predicable, but there were hints of esoteric knowledge embedded in the film. One line in particular that stood out was a comment by the antagonist leader that mentioned ingraining a horrible event in the racial memory of his adversaries such that they would be forever afraid of a place that was sacred to them. I'm sure the general audience isn't too familiar with 'racial memories,' so I was happy to see such tidbits thrown into the storyline.

I cannot say that I was completely blown away by the movie, but with all that I (and probably all of us) have studied over the past few years, it will take a lot to open my mind to something that causes complete awe.

G
Gevaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #13
HENNA
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
hey folks,

This is an awesome movie!! I found this "Cowboy and Indians" story line cliche, BUT OMG, this is a wonderful example of how some of us humans can be so materialistic, cold hearted and naive about the energies of the universe, yet others of us also so willing to change and see the bigger picture.

My theater didn't offer it in 3D, but it still had AMAZING effects. You have to watch this on the big screen, do not wait.
Yes, not all the story line is perfect or all the acting lines....but so what!

This is more than just a movie, this opens so many feelings inside.

Tall, dark and blue....way cool. Take that Edward Cullen!

I felt very small (in so many ways) walking out of this movie.
HENNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...th-Smurfs.html

Smurfs?

Are there smurfs in this movie - can someone who has seen it please tell me.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
beren
Avalon Senior Member

No smurfs.Sorry.

They are blue but 7 meters high ...

Very interesting film by the way.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #16
Soulcrafter
Avalon Senior Member

I've seen the movie also, the bue ones (paladins) and monsters look a lot like some of the world of warcraft charachters.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
Spregovori

Just saw an atricle about Lisa Kaltenegger stating that Pandora like moons (rock that can support life) might soon become a reality...something about a new telescope (James Webb Space Telescope) planed to be set in space in 2014, which is to be able to find such objects...

They are practically stating that life is out there....how much disclosure does one need?

http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~lkaltenegger/
Old 12-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
Soulcrafter
Avalon Senior Member

The message of the movie was quite clear to me.
We have to unite as ONE.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #19
beren
Avalon Senior Member

One thing that really stuck the chord is how the corporation is being presented in the movie.
Greedy and lustful.
Yeah they are teaching natives english and rest but they only do that in order so the natives can peacefully go away and let the leeches dig the rock worthy of 20 mil.

Then they go to war against natives with typical BULLSH*T attitude of nowadays -you know who- in this world.

And also that mention of erasing the collective memory ...

I wonder will Cameron be silent afterwards just as brothers Watchowsky after Matrix...
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I'm seeing this tomorrow i can't wait, saw the trailer back in the summer and thought it looked good then.
Apparently there has been a lot of hype on GLP forum there is a discussion relating to how this flick has a subliminal program installed.
It has been said all who have watched it are now picking up sub conscious thoughts from others and the same theme is running through all!
We all know there is a lot of programming going on in these films TV/games etc but i am wondering what they have installed in to this one other than planting the thought that government/military are being played out as the bad guys and a race of peaceful beings are being over run and their home planet taken over Hm! sounds about right then.
This will not stop me from seeing it the effects look stunning i will be watching it in 2D because i think perhaps the 3D will be a little to disorientating for me.
I would be interested if any one has picked up on this subliminal messaging and how it affected you.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:10 AM   #21
GenerationIke
Avalon Senior Member

Wes Studi, one of the great Native American actors, was the voice of the Na'vi father. I couldn't help but see many aspects of Last of the Mohicans in the movie myself. Why do you think George Washington was called Town Destroyer during the American Revolution? How many of you know of the Clinton-Sullivan Campaign in central New York against the Iroquois? Or even studied it in American History?

I was haunted for the remainder of the night by the message that the movie presented. But Cameron presented another message in his movie, I'm not sure anyone picked up on it or if Cameron did himself even. The fact that the natives communed with nature and their mother god Eywa directly. That is so pre THE FALL and not St. Augustinian Roman Catholicism. Man as good and innocent before the fall, man as pure evil after the fall. And man, this time, fights to maintain his pre-fall status rather than choose corporate, material greed and do evil.

In this movie Cameron presents the old Native American saying "walk a mile in another's moccasins" before you can truly know and understand the other person. That is what Tully did when he stepped into the body of his Avatar. He had to learn the other life's way of living in order to survive. And with it he learned to appreciate and love what was given to him by the spirit Eywa much more than the material wealth the corporate machine could ever bribe or entice him with.

I think Cameron is also sending us the message, we had better learn to let go of our greed, our selfishness, our egotism that makes us believe we are the superior race in this universe. Greed is neither good nor the essence of man or creation. And we are far from being superior as a babe is to an adult. Take only what is needed and then when you are finished, give back. Man has not done this since the fall. And we have not been taught well how to take only what is needed and leave the rest for others by our ancestors. (the manna from heaven story in the Bible.)

And one last thought to add, perhaps Cameron is telling the Corporate man in his latest offering to stick it. I am telling the world about the people of other worlds, how kind and as gentle they are as we are not.

GenerationIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:26 AM   #22
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

While walking through a store I noticed a child wearing an Avatar t-shirt. There were all sorts of Avatar products around. Later, while passing by a television set, I noticed that McDonalds has Avatar merchandise.

Now, I am in no way wanting to take away from the beautiful message of the story, but here is what I thought about while seeing all of the Avatar products:

Old 12-23-2009, 03:25 AM   #23
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

The movie cost 400 miliion to make it I'm sure the investors are in it to make a profit. For the garbage that Hollywood puts out this movie is a gem.
Thumps up for James Cameron !!!
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:54 AM   #24
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
For the garbage that Hollywood puts out this movie is a gem.
Absolutely. The massive marketing campaign will work on two fronts. The marketing will create a profit for the investors, while the story may cause a shift in the consciousness of its audience.

Opposite philosophies (materialism vs. idealism) attached such a popular focal point will introduce many others to the greater battle taking place. Perhaps some will remember why they're here and ready themselves for the unknown.

It would be a strange twist of fate if the very people who funded this massive movie were ultimately removed from power by the people who purchased tickets to see their investment.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:11 AM   #25
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

theres all sorts of irony, cameron using the most cutting edge technology and pushing tech further than it has gone in order to deliver a movie that is essentially anti technology.

someone i was talking to said this was hypocritical and i argued otherwise, i said if your on a speeding train do you go from car to car to tell a few people to pull the breaks or do you get on the PA system and tell them ALL to pump the breaks. its essenitally the same thing and im sure he knows it.

great movie, the 3D is mind blowing, good sci fi is rare so i highly recommend going and making an effort to see it in its intended form...you will be seeing a lot more movies in 3D after this.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote